Forums/Armchair-GM

Dream scenario

Created by: Specmence
Initial Creation Date: May 6, 2021
Published: May 6 at 7:45
Team: 2021-22 Columbus Blue Jackets
Team Explanation
Definitely not going to happen but this would make me a very happy person.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Texier, Alexandre2$2,000,000
Peeke, Andrew2$1,000,000
Stenlund, Kevin2$1,250,000
Laine, Patrik3$7,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Power, Owen3$925,000
Trades
CBJ
  1. Meier, Timo
SJS
  1. Nyquist, Gustav
  2. Korpisalo, Joonas
  3. 2021 1st round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Korpisalo signed to an extension
CBJ
    SEA
    1. Kukan, Dean
    Additional Details:
    Expansion draft
    CBJ
    1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny
    WSH
    1. Domi, Max
    2. Bemström, Emil
    3. 2021 1st round pick (TOR)
    4. 2022 3rd round pick (TBL)
    Additional Details:
    Domi signed to an extension
    Buyouts
    • Alexander Wennberg: $441,667
    DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    NJD
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    TOR
    CBJ
    ANA
    TOR
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    CBJ
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$68,532,529$0$900,000$12,967,471

Roster

Left WingCenterRight Wing
    CBJ
    Laine, Patrik
    $7,500,000
    LW, RW
    RFA
    WSH
    Kuznetsov, Evgeny
    $7,800,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    CBJ
    Bjorkstrand, Oliver
    $5,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    SJS
    Meier, Timo
    $6,000,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    CBJ
    Roslovic, Jack
    $1,838,362
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    CBJ
    Atkinson, Cam
    $5,875,000
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    CBJ
    Foudy, Liam
    $894,167
    C, LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    CBJ
    Texier, Alexandre
    $2,000,000
    LW, C
    RFA
    CBJ
    Chinakhov, Yegor
    $925,000
    RW
    RFA - 2
    CBJ
    Robinson, Eric
    $975,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    CBJ
    Jenner, Boone
    $3,750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    CBJ
    Stenlund, Kevin
    $1,250,000
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    CBJ
    Werenski, Zachary
    $5,000,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    CBJ
    Jones, Seth
    $5,400,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    CBJ
    Merzlikins, Elvis
    $4,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    Power, Owen
    $925,000
    CBJ
    Peeke, Andrew
    $1,000,000
    RD
    RFA
    CBJ
    Kivlenieks, Matiss
    $725,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    CBJ
    Gavrikov, Vladislav
    $2,800,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    CBJ
    Carlsson, Gabriel
    $725,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    CBJ
    Dunne, Joshua
    $925,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    CBJ
    Gerbe, Nathan
    $750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    CBJ
    Harrington, Scott
    $1,633,333
    LD
    UFA - 1

Special Teams

Power Play 1
    Meier, T.
    Kuznetsov, E.
    Bjorkstrand, O.
    Laine, P.
    Jones, S.
    Power Play 2
    Texier, A.
    Roslovic, J.
    Atkinson, C.
    Werenski, Z.
    Chinakhov, Y.
    Penalty Kill 1
    Jenner, B.
    Atkinson, C.
    Gavrikov, V.
    Jones, S.
    Penalty Kill 2
    Texier, A.
    Foudy, L.
    Power, O.
    Carlsson, G.

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 6 at 7:48
    cowboy hat emoji
    Edited May 6 at 8:59
    I'd accept as SJ.

Edit: After digging a bit more into whats happened with Nyquist and Korpisalo, I'm going to have to say no, not worth the risk for SJ.
    May 6 at 7:49
    John Leonard Viewer
    Sharks cry at the thought of taking a long term contract and possibly signing another.

Value is pretty fine but Sharks need futures if they trade Meier, and building for the distant future. Korpi and Nyqvist aren't long term ideas
    May 6 at 8:34
    I think you are overpaying on Kuznetsov.
    May 6 at 8:38
    Easy pass
    May 6 at 9:27
    Korolyuk Fan
    Timo might be on his way out. But this offer doesn't do it. two oft injured players.
    May 6 at 10:04
    Who adds what?
    "CBJ
    Kuznetsov, Evgeny
    WSH
    Domi, Max
    Bemström, Emil
    2021 1st round pick (TOR)
    2022 3rd round pick (TBL)
    Additional Details:
    Domi signed to an extension"

Domi needs to earn that extension. But Bemstrom, 1st, 3rd, rental Domi? Fair offer.
    brady_t12 liked this.
    May 6 at 11:59
    Go Wings Go
    Yeah fat chance of Power playing in Columbus this season even if Columbus gets the 1OA pick he's playing another season at Michigan.
    May 7 at 2:19
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Quoting: Eli
    "CBJ
    Kuznetsov, Evgeny
    WSH
    Domi, Max
    Bemström, Emil
    2021 1st round pick (TOR)
    2022 3rd round pick (TBL)
    Additional Details:
    Domi signed to an extension"

Domi needs to earn that extension. But Bemstrom, 1st, 3rd, rental Domi? Fair offer.

Agreed. I’d do this trade. Bemstrom would be a fantastic add for the bottom 6 especially if we can dump Hagelin.
    Eli liked this.
    May 7 at 10:13
    I'm very antsy about any Kuznetsov acquisition, given how much of a troublemaker it sounds like he is. Our team fell apart in spectacular fashion this year because of The Exiled Traitor's unexplained walkout abruptly shifting us from "much more than the sum of their parts" to "much less than the sum of their parts"; I have a nagging fear that Kuznetsov could very well keep us there.
    May 7 at 3:17
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Viqsi
    I'm very antsy about any Kuznetsov acquisition, given how much of a troublemaker it sounds like he is. Our team fell apart in spectacular fashion this year because of The Exiled Traitor's unexplained walkout abruptly shifting us from "much more than the sum of their parts" to "much less than the sum of their parts"; I have a nagging fear that Kuznetsov could very well keep us there.

He's been the subject of four negative news items. One was that he celebrated goals by flapping his wings like a bird, because his toddler daughter asked him to. Two were that he spent time with teammates. One was that, at a party after leading the playoffs in points and winning the Stanley Cup, he was photographed with drugs. Same thing allegedly happened to some of the Oilers in the '80s, and the other three stories are not actually bad. This latest wave of Kuznetsov trades was spurred after Kuznetsov and Samsonov showed up late together to a team meeting. Given that Samsonov barely speaks English, I'm guessing the explanation could be as simple as Kuznetsov helping the new guy run errands. If I'm the Blue Jackets, I'd rather try to sign Nugent-Hopkins, who is on a 25 goal pace this year. If that doesn't happen, who are the next-best available #1C options?
    May 7 at 7:02
    Quoting: Eli
    He's been the subject of four negative news items. One was that he celebrated goals by flapping his wings like a bird, because his toddler daughter asked him to. Two were that he spent time with teammates. One was that, at a party after leading the playoffs in points and winning the Stanley Cup, he was photographed with drugs. Same thing allegedly happened to some of the Oilers in the '80s, and the other three stories are not actually bad. This latest wave of Kuznetsov trades was spurred after Kuznetsov and Samsonov showed up late together to a team meeting. Given that Samsonov barely speaks English, I'm guessing the explanation could be as simple as Kuznetsov helping the new guy run errands. If I'm the Blue Jackets, I'd rather try to sign Nugent-Hopkins, who is on a 25 goal pace this year. If that doesn't happen, who are the next-best available #1C options?

I'm hesitant to believe it's that simple, because otherwise it'd seem silly for the Caps to be trading him at all.

As for RNH, I kind of don't want; his 5-on-5 numbers are barely up to #2C level, let alone #1C (he benefits a lot from the power play) and yet he's going to want significant money - or rather, if he's willing to sign for what I think he's worth, then I think Edmonton will be able to afford him and will keep him. The sort of guy we need the most would be an experienced defensive top-6 guy - the sort who can take on the heavy minutes and thus shield our developing "project" centers like Roslovic and Texier and Foudy and to a lesser extent Domi. Playmaker preferred on the theory that that might help with Laine. (So I'm kind of All In on signing one of Krejci (short term) or Danault (longer term).)
    Eli liked this.
    May 7 at 8:20
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Viqsi
    I'm hesitant to believe it's that simple, because otherwise it'd seem silly for the Caps to be trading him at all.

As for RNH, I kind of don't want; his 5-on-5 numbers are barely up to #2C level, let alone #1C (he benefits a lot from the power play) and yet he's going to want significant money - or rather, if he's willing to sign for what I think he's worth, then I think Edmonton will be able to afford him and will keep him. The sort of guy we need the most would be an experienced defensive top-6 guy - the sort who can take on the heavy minutes and thus shield our developing "project" centers like Roslovic and Texier and Foudy and to a lesser extent Domi. Playmaker preferred on the theory that that might help with Laine. (So I'm kind of All In on signing one of Krejci (short term) or Danault (longer term).)

Good choices. Either could help a bit. Less offense than Kuznetsov, but a lot more defense, and probably, even with a bidding war, slightly lower cap hits. I think the other piece of why the Caps might consider trading Kuznetsov is that they have Eller who can play #2C cheaper, and they have McMichael, Protas, and Lapierre who can compete for a spot at 3C next year.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Remove Option
    Submit Poll