$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: McGruff
I sent you the NHL release.
A major w/ a gm misconduct does not equal a match...[period]
Go read the rule book

Clearly, I can’t help you. Good luck with that.

A man walks into a psychiatrist’s office wearing nothing but Saran Wrap.
“Clearly, I can see your nuts.” Or does that need an apostrophe?
McGruff liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Wreckless
Clearly, I can’t help you. Good luck with that.

A man walks into a psychiatrist’s office wearing nothing but Saran Wrap.
“Clearly, I can see your nuts.” Or does that need an apostrophe?

Here have a free like it's on the house.
Cheers
cheers
Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: Campabee
I think what ticks off Habs fans the most is the entire Jets organization and especially Schiefele's view of the hit, claiming it was clean and somehow Evans fault is ridiculous. Schiefele was a clean player who mad a bad decision but has not owned up for it, never even reached out to Evans to apologize for his error in judgement. Even Corey Perry (who I absolutely hate BTW and hate that he is on my Habs team) reached out to Tavares for an accidental knee. Like have some sort of class Schiefele and own your mistake.

I can understand your and MTL fans being upset. I would be too if I was a MTL fan. As for the WPG organization...they're not going to not back Scheifele. Even if they think it was dirty, they're not going against their best player. I agree with you that Evans has NOTHING to do with this. Head down wasn't a wise decision, but you can't play the game as if you expect everyone else to break the rules. You play the game as if everyone else obeys the rules. Once someone breaks the rules you get punished. Charging has literally NOTHING to do with Evans. It's 100% on the player doing the hitting. I am not a Habs fan...in fact I'd probably say I like WPG and specifically Schiefele more because historically I've really respected his game. This was a VERY bad thing he did. With that said, I will likely choose going forward to not allow this to define who he is as a person or hockey player. I won't start claiming he's a dirty player. I don't think he is. 1st suspension of his career. He did a bad thing out of extreme frustration. That doesn't make it ok. I think this will be the end of it after someone fights him. ABOVE ALL ELSE. I hope Evans is ok.
arafay and Wreckless liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman
That's as much head contact as me hitting u in the leg....NHL went overboard....every other hit is always about the principal point of contact and this wasn't...I get the suspension, but 4 games??? I also wouldn't have a problem with 4 games if every other suspension was long like this too....the inconsistency of it pisses me off

Really?! That first statement is ridiculous, Where was the first and principal point of contact, it is really easy to spot in the video and the evidence is right there. Evans Head snaps back to the right before any other part of his body moves. He is knocked unconscious from the head contact, evidence is right there when he does not attempt to protect his face from hitting the ice like a conscious player would. A conscious player would use his hands to protect his face and head from hitting the ice, an unconscious person does not have this ability! Evans arms are limp from the point of contact to the ice, you do not get knocked unconscious from being hit in the chest or leg! Nice try though in your attempt to spin this horrifically scary play that had the potential to kill another human being as a "clean" and "legal" hit! Schiefele has never had a fine or suspension in his past which is good on him for playing within the rule up until this point, however IF his intention was purely innocent why has he not reached out to Evans? He did exactly what he was trying to do, injure a fellow player with total disregard.
jpsnow13 and Wreckless liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
I can understand your and MTL fans being upset. I would be too if I was a MTL fan. As for the WPG organization...they're not going to not back Scheifele. Even if they think it was dirty, they're not going against their best player. I agree with you that Evans has NOTHING to do with this. Head down wasn't a wise decision, but you can't play the game as if you expect everyone else to break the rules. You play the game as if everyone else obeys the rules. Once someone breaks the rules you get punished. Charging has literally NOTHING to do with Evans. It's 100% on the player doing the hitting. I am not a Habs fan...in fact I'd probably say I like WPG and specifically Schiefele more because historically I've really respected his game. This was a VERY bad thing he did. With that said, I will likely choose going forward to not allow this to define who he is as a person or hockey player. I won't start claiming he's a dirty player. I don't think he is. 1st suspension of his career. He did a bad thing out of extreme frustration. That doesn't make it ok. I think this will be the end of it after someone fights him. ABOVE ALL ELSE. I hope Evans is ok.

To be clear I don't think Schiefele can be classified as a dirty player either bad decision on his part definitely but can't say he is overall dirty
exo2769 liked this.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:43 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Jetman
That's as much head contact as me hitting u in the leg....NHL went overboard....every other hit is always about the principal point of contact and this wasn't...I get the suspension, but 4 games??? I also wouldn't have a problem with 4 games if every other suspension was long like this too....the inconsistency of it pisses me off

I tried to have mature conversation but I can't if you dont live in reality.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Edited Jun. 4, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
You are downplaying the act by calling it a "mistake" or like "any other injury". Accidents do happen but it is not demonizing Scheifele by calling it like it is: a deliberate assault.

Playing hockey doesn't mean you accept to be attacked. This wasn't a hockey play, like the DoPS determined, it was violence.

My previous comment meant I just dont think we can call a 4 games suspension "fair" when:

1. The injured player will miss a lot more games.
2. It's not long enough to set an example and have a dissuasive effect not to do it again.

No, you didn’t say anything about the numbers of games in relation to how long evans will be out. You said 4 games isnt fair if a guy will be dealing the effects for the rest of his life. Well, that’s an assumed risk of hockey man. That’s a disgusting and demonizing comment, no other way to put it

As for what you say now, legally, assault requires clear intent. Legally, intent cannot be made in a split second decision, that is reaction. So no, because the nature of this specific play and the fact that schiefele isn’t trucking down the ice to hit evans, it’s not assault, but it was a bad split second decision that can only be classified as that or a mistake.

Also, if you think 4 playoff games isn’t long enough for this hit, go real watch it. Other than the speed schiefele was going at, the hits clean. It was charging. The hit wasn’t the issue itself. Charging shouldn’t be penalized like a hit to the head. The suspension was fair according to the rule book. Same way a life sentence is fair in murder. Even if you have a problem with the legal system, you must follow that system and accept it.

As for 4 games, I honestly do think it’s the maximum you can give in this situation for the reasons I gave above. To be completely honest (I’m not taking blame off shcielfe when I say this) but if evans has his head up (man I hate to say this), it’s probably just a penalty. Even in today’s game, if you are coming in on a wraparound, you head should be up. I would know, I’ve been concussed from that spot. I’m not taking off blame from the other guy but your safety is also your own responsibility in addition to others not putting you in danger. And the question, what does evans do, not score? Well not immediately yes. We’ve seen players do it all the time where they see something like this coming and go around to take the shot instead, and get it in most of the time too. Again, not clearing scheifele of blame here, he deserves what he got, but to think this isn’t enough to deter future hits like this is wrong. I’m not saying it was a clean in in any way, Scheifele got his due. He got hit with the book so it was fair.

Again, 100% scheifele’s fault and evans doesn’t have to expect others will be breaking the rules like shcielfe did, but historically, the wraparound is that type of play and personally, I’m not attempting one without looking clearly around me. I’m not saying that there is any blame on evans, but he put himself in a vulnerable spot which is also why he got injured. Even if schiefele didn’t charge, there’s a high chance that the same hit without the charge leaves evans injured regardless. That’s all I’m saying.

The hit was not legal. Not saying that it was. Schiefele deserves the suspension and it’s a fair amount.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Wreckless
Quoting: arafay
No, you didn’t say anything about the numbers of games in relation to how long evans will be out. You said 4 games isnt fair if a guy will be dealing the effects for the rest of his life. Well, that’s an assumed risk of hockey man. That’s a disgusting and demonizing comment, no other way to put it

As for what you say now, legally, assault requires clear intent. Legally, intent cannot be made in a split second decision, that is reaction. So no, because the nature of this specific play and the fact that schiefele isn’t trucking down the ice to hit evans, it’s not assault, but it was a bad split second decision that can only be classified as that or a mistake.

Also, if you think 4 playoff games isn’t long enough for this hit, go real watch it. Other than the speed schiefele was going at, the hits clean. It was charging. The hit wasn’t the issue itself. Charging shouldn’t be penalized like a hit to the head. The suspension was fair according to the rule book. Same way a life sentence is fair in murder. Even if you have a problem with the legal system, you must follow that system and accept it.

As for 4 games, I honestly do think it’s the maximum you can give in this situation for the reasons I gave above. To be completely honest (I’m not taking blame off shcielfe when I say this) but if evans has his head up (man I hate to say this), it’s probably just a penalty. Even in today’s game, if you are coming in on a wraparound, you head should be up. I would know, I’ve been concussed from that spot. I’m not taking off blame from the other guy but your safety is also your own responsibility in addition to others not putting you in danger. And the question, what does evans do, not score? Well not immediately yes. We’ve seen players do it all the time where they see something like this coming and go around to take the shot instead, and get it in most of the time too. Again, not clearing scheifele of blame here, he deserves what he got, but to think this isn’t enough to deter future hits like this is wrong. I’m not saying it was a clean in in any way, Scheifele got his due. He got hit with the book so it was fair.

Again, 100% scheifele’s fault and evans doesn’t have to expect others will be breaking the rules like shcielfe did, but historically, the wraparound is that type of play and personally, I’m not attempting one without looking clearly around me. I’m not saying that there is any blame on evans, but he put himself in a vulnerable spot which is also why he got injured. Even if schiefele didn’t charge, there’s a high chance that the same hit without the charge leaves evans injured regardless. That’s all I’m saying.

The hit was not legal. Not saying that it was. Schiefele deserves the suspension and it’s a fair amount.

Palm hits face. You really still don’t get it.

The league made clear it found intent. The fact that you don’t understand how they came to that conclusion, doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

“Other than the speed, it’s not a bad hit?” Really? “Well, other than the gun and the bullets, OJ isn’t a muderer either.” Your arguments are like a D level lawyer.

And no, I’m not comparing Scheifele to OJ, I’m comparing the incompetence of both assertions.

Also, Scheifele and the Jets are looking pretty weak sticking with the “trying to stop a goal” narrative. Your decisions in how to respond when you make a mistake say a lot about your character. Both clearly have a lot of work to do here still. Maurice looks like he was forced to say a whole lotta stuff that he doesn’t believe. Kinda gotta think that those orders came from up top.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Edited Jun. 4, 2021 at 2:25 p.m.
Palm hits face. You really still don’t get it.

The league made clear it found intent. The fact that you don’t understand how they came to that conclusion, doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

“Other than the speed, it’s not a bad hit?” Really? “Well, other than the gun and the bullets, OJ isn’t a muderer either.” Your arguments are like a D level lawyer.

And no, I’m not comparing Scheifele to OJ, I’m comparing the incompetence of both assertions.

Also, Scheifele and the Jets are looking pretty weak sticking with the “trying to stop a goal” narrative. Your decisions in how to respond when you make a mistake say a lot about your character. Both clearly have a lot of work to do here still. Maurice looks like he was forced to say a whole lotta stuff that he doesn’t believe. Kinda gotta think that those orders came from up top.

Bro, can you even read? Like I get it was long but put in some effort lol.

I said the hit was illegal, I don’t disagree. The league said nothing about intent, they gave him punishment for the act. Intent is a very strong word that I do not think belongs in this conversation, and as a result the dops didn’t use the word intent. Intent to injure means schiefele went into that hit looking to wipe evans out. However, by his reaction seconds after the hit, that’s just false. He’s usually the first one to throw punches but instead he just stood there in a headlock looking shocked like wtf did I just do. I’m no expert in reading faces but that one was easy to read. His frustration simply got the best of him in a decision where he didn’t/didn’t have time to think. He made a SPLIT SECOND decision in the high slot that he’s not getting the puck so I should send a message. What he did was wrong and frankly dirty, but intent isn’t the word to describe that.

Also, your gun-bullet comparison is bull****. I’m comparing the point of contact of the hit and the speed. Not scheifele’s body and his decision to hit. The placement of the hit wasn’t the problem, it was the speed. The speed made it a charge. It was an illegal hit. How many times do I need to say that, holy ****.

Well the jets have to say that, they aren’t going to throw their player under the bus. No team ever has. And schiefele accepted that what he did was wrong. He just disagreed that 4 games was a little too much. The fact that he’s not going to appeal means he knows he messed up. If you expect a public apology during a playoff series, your lost man. Simple. Also, if you expect him to say “I lost my cool” in the middle of his hockey career, you are lost once again. Finally, he orders from up top **** is bull ****. No one needs to tell maurice not to throw is players under the bus. He never has, even when they aren’t playing well. He’s defended them through thick and thin. That’s why his players love him.

Idk wtf ur going on about, I’m simply saying not to use the word intent. It’s a strong word that cannot be used unless scheifele says he had intent. The dops didn’t even use that word. I’m not arguing the sentence, I think it’s absolutely fair.

Just read man, do better.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
You know nothing JS

Sorry but TLDR on what looks like of control rants.

My position is way more clear. Scheifele should be as severly punished for willingly trying to injure his opponent, which is not allowed in any shape or form in hockey, as the severity of the injuriy to Evans brain.

Whatever man. I tried to find common and reasonable grounds, but it's not that important.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Wreckless
Bro, can you even read? Like I get it was long but put in some effort lol.

I said the hit was illegal, I don’t disagree. The league said nothing about intent, they gave him punishment for the act. Intent is a very strong word that I do not think belongs in this conversation, and as a result the dops didn’t use the word intent. Intent to injure means schiefele went into that hit looking to wipe evans out. However, by his reaction seconds after the hit, that’s just false. He’s usually the first one to throw punches but instead he just stood there in a headlock looking shocked like wtf did I just do. I’m no expert in reading faces but that one was easy to read. His frustration simply got the best of him in a decision where he didn’t/didn’t have time to think. He made a SPLIT SECOND decision in the high slot that he’s not getting the puck so I should send a message. What he did was wrong and frankly dirty, but intent isn’t the word to describe that.

Also, your gun-bullet comparison is bull****. I’m comparing the point of contact of the hit and the speed. Not scheifele’s body and his decision to hit. The placement of the hit wasn’t the problem, it was the speed. The speed made it a charge. It was an illegal hit. How many times do I need to say that, holy ****.

Well the jets have to say that, they aren’t going to throw their player under the bus. No team ever has. And schiefele accepted that what he did was wrong. He just disagreed that 4 games was a little too much. The fact that he’s not going to appeal means he knows he messed up. If you expect a public apology during a playoff series, your lost man. Simple. Also, if you expect him to say “I lost my cool” in the middle of his hockey career, you are lost once again. Finally, he orders from up top **** is bull ****. No one needs to tell maurice not to throw is players under the bus. He never has, even when they aren’t playing well. He’s defended them through thick and thin. That’s why his players love him.

Idk wtf ur going on about, I’m simply saying not to use the word intent. It’s a strong word that cannot be used unless scheifele says he had intent. The dops didn’t even use that word. I’m not arguing the sentence, I think it’s absolutely fair.

Just read man, do better.

*sigh*

Again, no one said intent to injure. Scheifele exhibited the intent to hit him with an illegal charge, instead of jointly hitting him in parallel with attempting to make a hockey play on the puck and/or stick.
The “intent” was the intent to hit with an illegal charge. Not an intent to injure.
Scheifele was clear, he previously did not think that was a bad hit. He said today he thought skating full speed to the post while making no play on the puck and/or stick was a hockey play. He has now been educated that this was not the case.

The league sets the precedent for hits like this in the future, clearly, the suspension was necessary to make that point abundantly clear, cuz It seems to still not be understood by many.

If that hit is part of the game, with what we now know about brain trauma, parents are going to make different choices for their kids, or fans will abondon watching the sport, and that’s not good for the game.

I agree with you that Scheifele is not a dirty player. He made a horrible decision, he is paying for it, and now we can move on.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Sorry but TLDR on what looks like of control rants.

My position is way more clear. Scheifele should be as severly punished for willingly trying to injure his opponent, which is not allowed in any shape or form in hockey, as the severity of the injuriy to Evans brain.

Whatever man. I tried to find common and reasonable grounds, but it's not that important.

The fact that it was “tdlr” for you says a lot.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
*sigh*

Again, no one said intent to injure. Scheifele exhibited the intent to hit him with an illegal charge, instead of jointly hitting him in parallel with attempting to make a hockey play on the puck and/or stick.
The “intent” was the intent to hit with an illegal charge. Not an intent to injure.
Scheifele was clear, he previously did not think that was a bad hit. He said today he thought skating full speed to the post while making no play on the puck and/or stick was a hockey play. He has now been educated that this was not the case.

The league sets the precedent for hits like this in the future, clearly, the suspension was necessary to make that point abundantly clear, cuz It seems to still not be understood by many.

If that hit is part of the game, with what we now know about brain trauma, parents are going to make different choices for their kids, or fans will abondon watching the sport, and that’s not good for the game.

I agree with you that Scheifele is not a dirty player. He made a horrible decision, he is paying for it, and now we can move on.

I disagree with evrything you said except for the last sentence. Also, for those arguing there was a play to be made with the stick don’t realize that if schiefele plays the stick, he’s going straight into the post off balance at that point. Also, one you lock in on one thing (ie playing the body) you often won’t change your mind. Again, not defending the hit. Bad decision. There wasn’t any intent to make and illegal check either. That’s the same bull**** as saying it was intent to injure. There was no intention of making an illegal play. He said himself, he just wanted to cut evans off and it led to a bad outcome. Yes it was a charge, scheifele didn’t deny it. He said the outcome (as in the 4 game suspension) was excessive. People who keep arguing the intent part are not thinking from an in game perspective. At his speed, scheifele had a fraction of a second before he got to the puck to instead play the body. He’s not trucking down the ice to play the body. He decided at the upper slot to play the body. You don’t have time to think in a fraction of a second, “damn I’m charging huh?” Or “hmm I’m going too fast”. It happened way too fast for that. You can’t say intent. Especially for a guy who has an essentially spotless record and is renown around the league for his sportsmanship and kindness. Yes there was intent to hit. But to make an illegal charge, no. I do not accept that.

“Scheifele was clear, he previously did not think that was a bad hit. He said today he thought skating full speed to the post while making no play on the puck and/or stick was a hockey play. He has now been educated that this was not the case.”

He said he was cutting evans off, which is 100 percent still allowed. He wasn’t defending the suspension as a whole, he was saying 4 games was too much. He knows it was too fast. And again, if you expect some sort of public apology, your lost.

“The league sets the precedent for hits like this in the future, clearly, the suspension was necessary to make that point abundantly clear, cuz It seems to still not be understood by many”

Tbh, I have no hope in the dops. I agree with the call. But to say this is precedent that they will follow? Nah no way. They are all over the place.

“If that hit is part of the game, with what we now know about brain trauma, parents are going to make different choices for their kids, or fans will abondon watching the sport, and that’s not good for the game.”

No one sane is arguing it’s clean. Sure the hit itself (ie the point of contact) was clean, but you can hit a guy moving essentially still at that speed and with that much of a size difference. Also, again, I don’t know what you expect the jets to say. Maurice or the players won’t throw schiefele under the bus. And schiefele won’t make a public admission in the middle of a series or even in the middle of his career. We know that. Teams don’t do that.

He made a decision to play the body instead of the puck. The part that makes this a bad decision is the speed he’s going at. Sure he could have played the puck. But schiefele explained his thought process quite well and you can’t really argue with it. He still made a mistake, but there was no malice or intent. He intended to cut his man off. He did not intend to charge. He made that clear in the interview.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
Wreckless
I disagree with evrything you said except for the last sentence. Also, for those arguing there was a play to be made with the stick don’t realize that if schiefele plays the stick, he’s going straight into the post off balance at that point. Also, one you lock in on one thing (ie playing the body) you often won’t change your mind. Again, not defending the hit. Bad decision. There wasn’t any intent to make and illegal check either. That’s the same bull**** as saying it was intent to injure. There was no intention of making an illegal play. He said himself, he just wanted to cut evans off and it led to a bad outcome. Yes it was a charge, scheifele didn’t deny it. He said the outcome (as in the 4 game suspension) was excessive. People who keep arguing the intent part are not thinking from an in game perspective. At his speed, scheifele had a fraction of a second before he got to the puck to instead play the body. He’s not trucking down the ice to play the body. He decided at the upper slot to play the body. You don’t have time to think in a fraction of a second, “damn I’m charging huh?” Or “hmm I’m going too fast”. It happened way too fast for that. You can’t say intent. Especially for a guy who has an essentially spotless record and is renown around the league for his sportsmanship and kindness. Yes there was intent to hit. But to make an illegal charge, no. I do not accept that.

“Scheifele was clear, he previously did not think that was a bad hit. He said today he thought skating full speed to the post while making no play on the puck and/or stick was a hockey play. He has now been educated that this was not the case.”

He said he was cutting evans off, which is 100 percent still allowed. He wasn’t defending the suspension as a whole, he was saying 4 games was too much. He knows it was too fast. And again, if you expect some sort of public apology, your lost.

“The league sets the precedent for hits like this in the future, clearly, the suspension was necessary to make that point abundantly clear, cuz It seems to still not be understood by many”

Tbh, I have no hope in the dops. I agree with the call. But to say this is precedent that they will follow? Nah no way. They are all over the place.

“If that hit is part of the game, with what we now know about brain trauma, parents are going to make different choices for their kids, or fans will abondon watching the sport, and that’s not good for the game.”

No one sane is arguing it’s clean. Sure the hit itself (ie the point of contact) was clean, but you can hit a guy moving essentially still at that speed and with that much of a size difference. Also, again, I don’t know what you expect the jets to say. Maurice or the players won’t throw schiefele under the bus. And schiefele won’t make a public admission in the middle of a series or even in the middle of his career. We know that. Teams don’t do that.

He made a decision to play the body instead of the puck. The part that makes this a bad decision is the speed he’s going at. Sure he could have played the puck. But schiefele explained his thought process quite well and you can’t really argue with it. He still made a mistake, but there was no malice or intent. He intended to cut his man off. He did not intend to charge. He made that clear in the interview.

You just keep on saying the same thing over and over and trying to play semantics. “Consciously choosing to cut Evans off while at max speed (eventually deciding not to play the puck or stick)” is what he himself stated that he intended to do when he got to the net. I’ll use your words, just so that you don’t argue words when saying the exact same thing.

Scheifele previously thought that what he intended to do was an acceptable hockey play. He has now been educated that his previous belief was wrong.

He did what he intended to do, and now he is aware that he can’t intend to hit someone like that ever again, whether he’s trying to stop a goal or not. The correct play is to go for the stick and/or puck.

Moving on.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 4:49 p.m.
You know nothing JS
The fact that it was “tdlr” for you says a lot.

I don’t know what it says about me, but I dont need to read your rants to understand you are trying to legitimate and illegal hit and do victim shaming.

I also dont need to read you to understand you think having more words, or the last one, make you win an argument. Good for you.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
I don’t know what it says about me, but I dont need to read your rants to understand you are trying to legitimate and illegal hit and do victim shaming.

I also dont need to read you to understand you think having more words, or the last one, make you win an argument. Good for you.

See, that’s why you read, that’s simply not what I said.

I’m not defending the hit, I agree with the suspension lol. As for the victim shaming, I’m simply pointing out the fact that evans also messed up. The hit wasn’t exactly as “vicious” as people think. It was a bad decision because of the speed scheifele is going at. Evans shouldn’t have his head down liek that. Schiefele also did something wrong but even if that wasn’t a charge and it was completely legal, evans has a high chance of getting hurt the way he was playing that. Because schiefele charged 100% of the blame goes to him but at half the speed (ie no charge), I’d argue we would have similar results. And that play would be legal. Just stating some facts there. Again, evans isn’t to blame cause he didn’t do anything wrong. But to those saying it’s vicious and there was intent to injure, ur bull ****ing. Simple.

Either way, I’m not going to reply anymore cause this is going no where. Schiefele got his due and let’s call it a day. We don’t need any comments like “4 games isn’t fair for a life of problems”. That’s demonizing and disgusting in this case.
Jun. 4, 2021 at 7:50 p.m.
You just keep on saying the same thing over and over and trying to play semantics. “Consciously choosing to cut Evans off while at max speed (eventually deciding not to play the puck or stick)” is what he himself stated that he intended to do when he got to the net. I’ll use your words, just so that you don’t argue words when saying the exact same thing.

Scheifele previously thought that what he intended to do was an acceptable hockey play. He has now been educated that his previous belief was wrong.

He did what he intended to do, and now he is aware that he can’t intend to hit someone like that ever again, whether he’s trying to stop a goal or not. The correct play is to go for the stick and/or puck.

Moving on.

Okay, I’ll keep it consise to what scheifele essentially said. What he intended to do was legal: cutting a guy off.

What everyone sane says: What happened was not legal.

It was a bad play from Schiefele and he got punished for it. That’s essentially his words.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll