MTL
  1. Hertl, Tomas
  2. 2023 1st round pick (SJS)
SJS
  1. Gallagher, Brendan
Additional Details:
Rights to Kotkaniemi
MTL
  1. Forsberg, Filip ($3,000,000 retained)
NSH
  1. Evans, Jake
  2. 2021 1st round pick (MTL)
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (MTL)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Rights to Mattias Norlinder
Rights to Artturi Lehkonen
MTL
  1. Tkachuk, Matthew ($3,500,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Drouin, Jonathan
  2. Mysak, Jan
  3. Ylönen, Jesse
Additional Details:
Rights to Ryan Poehling
Rights to Sean Farrell
Rights to Josh Brook
PIT
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (TBL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,206,484$597,561$1,475,000$15,293,516
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 8, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
Even with the retained salary, the Flames easily decline
Gmonwy and TheLamb9 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
San Jose aren’t trading any of their 1st rounders. They made that mistake already in the Karlsson trade. And the way they are trending, that pick is likely top 10.

Calgary definitely says no.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 3:05 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Decline from SJ, even if you take out the 1st.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
that package might pay for the drouin dump and 3.5mil retention, now where’s the value for tkachuk lol
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
Just laughable
Letsgosharks liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 5:41 p.m.
Hahahha WHAT
Jul. 8, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
that package might pay for the drouin dump and 3.5mil retention, now where’s the value for tkachuk lol

You wouldn't be able to see it if it was in front of you either way.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 6:03 p.m.
Quoting: The_Architect
You wouldn't be able to see it if it was in front of you either way.

How does lucic and our next six 3rd round picks for suzuki sound?
Jul. 8, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: HiddenValley
San Jose aren’t trading any of their 1st rounders. They made that mistake already in the Karlsson trade. And the way they are trending, that pick is likely top 10.

Calgary definitely says no.

Yup you definetly going places even if you keep Hertl clearly according to you. Just go ahead and waste another 3 yrs of the core players' prime years.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
How does lucic and our next six 3rd round picks for suzuki sound?

I stand corrected. Stop wasting everyone's time and go research the prospects in the deal.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
I stand corrected. Stop wasting everyone's time and go research the prospects in the deal.

You know I’m a Sens fan right? Prospects have kinda been my life for the last couple years. This is a collection of mid-round picks who have not shown enough promise to say they should have been taken significantly earlier, and none of them are among Montreal’s top 3 prospects (top 4 if you consider Caufield a prospect still, the top 3 being Guhle, Primeau, and Norlinder otherwise. Could argue Poehling edges Norlinder but I think Norlinder’s upside is higher whereas Poehling’s certainty to at least make the NHL is higher). Brook and Ylonen had decent AHL years at 21/22 years old, but neither looks poised to make the NHL for another year or two if they continue to develop properly, and neither has extremely high upside. Poehling is probably the best piece in the deal, and he tops out as a 3rd liner. Mysak was a 2nd rounder last year and that’s about where he shoulda gone, but he then followed it up with a mediocre season. Long way to go for him. Farrell had a great year in the USHL, but that should be expected as a 19yo, especially on a dominant team, and he’s still got size issues and a long development path at best, there’s a lot more cases where guys like him turn out like Bracco than turn out like Gaudreau. Drouin took the year off and isn’t appealing regardless, at best he’s a 50 point guy making too much money, at worst he’s a lazy skill guy who has negative value when he’s not producing, and in both situations there’s no clarity on his situation, as far as I’m aware anyway. No chance he succeeds under Sutter, and no chance he’s considered as the main name coming back for Tkachuk, it’s honestly doubtful that anyone sees him as even having positive value at this point. So we have a collection of B and C prospects who aren’t close to the NHL, plus a bum making too much money, for an elite winger retained. It’s not even close. At least start with one of your top 6 right shot wingers and one of Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Caufield if you don’t want to get laughed out of the room.
Earth liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
Yup you definetly going places even if you keep Hertl clearly according to you. Just go ahead and waste another 3 yrs of the core players' prime years.

So much salt in your replies because your trades are bad. Clearly going places? I literally said that pick is top ten the way they are trending, the opposite of going places… Why are you coming at me like I’m a sharks fan trying to throw insults? You can debate trades and not be a fan of the team. Every single comment agrees that your trades do not work on this post. I don’t know, maybe take a look around the room and see your trades aren’t as fair as you thought they were.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:33 a.m.
You know I’m a Sens fan right? Prospects have kinda been my life for the last couple years. This is a collection of mid-round picks who have not shown enough promise to say they should have been taken significantly earlier, and none of them are among Montreal’s top 3 prospects (top 4 if you consider Caufield a prospect still, the top 3 being Guhle, Primeau, and Norlinder otherwise. Could argue Poehling edges Norlinder but I think Norlinder’s upside is higher whereas Poehling’s certainty to at least make the NHL is higher). Brook and Ylonen had decent AHL years at 21/22 years old, but neither looks poised to make the NHL for another year or two if they continue to develop properly, and neither has extremely high upside. Poehling is probably the best piece in the deal, and he tops out as a 3rd liner. Mysak was a 2nd rounder last year and that’s about where he shoulda gone, but he then followed it up with a mediocre season. Long way to go for him. Farrell had a great year in the USHL, but that should be expected as a 19yo, especially on a dominant team, and he’s still got size issues and a long development path at best, there’s a lot more cases where guys like him turn out like Bracco than turn out like Gaudreau. Drouin took the year off and isn’t appealing regardless, at best he’s a 50 point guy making too much money, at worst he’s a lazy skill guy who has negative value when he’s not producing, and in both situations there’s no clarity on his situation, as far as I’m aware anyway. No chance he succeeds under Sutter, and no chance he’s considered as the main name coming back for Tkachuk, it’s honestly doubtful that anyone sees him as even having positive value at this point. So we have a collection of B and C prospects who aren’t close to the NHL, plus a bum making too much money, for an elite winger retained. It’s not even close. At least start with one of your top 6 right shot wingers and one of Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Caufield if you don’t want to get laughed out of the room.

I didn't put any LD prospects cause they don't need LD. All the prospects I gave them are either on track or better than expected in their development. Mysak was slated to go in the 1st rnd per central draft rankings. Just cause he didn't have a GREAT season doesn't mean he's a bust. Drouin could be a reclamation prize. He just can't handle the hometown pressure clearly. If Kassian can turn it around then there's optimism for Drouin to do also.

You're definetly painting the picture very to fit your POV. Ylonen is the best prospect I'm offering not Poehling. Prospects have been MY ENTIRE life since the salary cap began cause no one wants to sign in MTL so every yr i look forward to the draft. All prospects except for Brook are on track. And Farrell is the only prospect on the list drafted outside the first 2 rnds. So there s no "bunch of mid round picks" in my package. And no I won't give up anyone on my current top 9. I prefer to give up more picks/Prospects than to take a step back. I'm trying to add to what I have not make sideways moves.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 1:25 a.m.
I didn't put any LD prospects cause they don't need LD. All the prospects I gave them are either on track or better than expected in their development. Mysak was slated to go in the 1st rnd per central draft rankings. Just cause he didn't have a GREAT season doesn't mean he's a bust. Drouin could be a reclamation prize. He just can't handle the hometown pressure clearly. If Kassian can turn it around then there's optimism for Drouin to do also.

You're definetly painting the picture very to fit your POV. Ylonen is the best prospect I'm offering not Poehling. Prospects have been MY ENTIRE life since the salary cap began cause no one wants to sign in MTL so every yr i look forward to the draft. All prospects except for Brook are on track. And Farrell is the only prospect on the list drafted outside the first 2 rnds. So there s no "bunch of mid round picks" in my package. And no I won't give up anyone on my current top 9. I prefer to give up more picks/Prospects than to take a step back. I'm trying to add to what I have not make sideways moves.

If Ylonen was gonna be a top 6 scoring winger he woulda made more of an impact by 22. Same deal for Brook, he probably ends up as a 3rd pair guy in a year or two if he makes it. Mysak’s too young to know what’s gonna happen, but this isn’t a good start to his development, and no, he wasn’t ranked as a 1st rounder, he was ranked 28th among North American skaters, which puts him solidly into the mid-2nd round after Askarov and European skaters are considered. Poehling’s a 3C at best. Drouin could be a reclamation project, but right now he’s a cap dump. We could sign Tatar for cheap as a UFA as a reclamation project if we wanted.

At the end of the day, nobody trades an eatablished star winger for a collection of prospects with bottom six/3rd pair upside at best, plus a cap dump. Especially not a team that’s not even rebuilding. You either cough up some valuable pieces or you don’t even get Treliving to listen to your Tkachuk offer. I doubt he gets moved anyway though, seeing how the rumour about him wanting out has been debunked for a while.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 3:27 a.m.
If Ylonen was gonna be a top 6 scoring winger he woulda made more of an impact by 22. Same deal for Brook, he probably ends up as a 3rd pair guy in a year or two if he makes it. Mysak’s too young to know what’s gonna happen, but this isn’t a good start to his development, and no, he wasn’t ranked as a 1st rounder, he was ranked 28th among North American skaters, which puts him solidly into the mid-2nd round after Askarov and European skaters are considered. Poehling’s a 3C at best. Drouin could be a reclamation project, but right now he’s a cap dump. We could sign Tatar for cheap as a UFA as a reclamation project if we wanted.

At the end of the day, nobody trades an eatablished star winger for a collection of prospects with bottom six/3rd pair upside at best, plus a cap dump. Especially not a team that’s not even rebuilding. You either cough up some valuable pieces or you don’t even get Treliving to listen to your Tkachuk offer. I doubt he gets moved anyway though, seeing how the rumour about him wanting out has been debunked for a while.

Drouin isn't a cap dump. It's very possible he'll sit out all of next yr. I don't mind keeping him, he won't hurt my cap at least for 1 season. So since Drouin was devaluing the package then I guess now we got a deal.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.
Drouin isn't a cap dump. It's very possible he'll sit out all of next yr. I don't mind keeping him, he won't hurt my cap at least for 1 season. So since Drouin was devaluing the package then I guess now we got a deal.

Lol no, there were zero valuable pieces and a negative value piece. Start with 2 or 3 high value pieces (including at least one of Caufield or Suzuki) and then add one of those prospects as the 4th piece.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
Lol no, there were zero valuable pieces and a negative value piece. Start with 2 or 3 high value pieces (including at least one of Caufield or Suzuki) and then add one of those prospects as the 4th piece.

Ya that's not gonna happen. I'm trying to make my team better not sideways moves. I'll give them a LD prospect in the package if they want and even a 1st++. But no young guns.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:12 p.m.
Ya that's not gonna happen. I'm trying to make my team better not sideways moves. I'll give them a LD prospect in the package if they want and even a 1st++. But no young guns.

Then there’s no chance you get Tkachuk. Like I said, the Flames aren’t rebuilding, and we aren’t going to give him away for scraps. If you’re not willing to put together a good package then you’re not going to get him. He’s a star, not a depth piece, or a deadline rental. This will be a sideways move if it happens because we’re not rebuilding, the improvement comes from you getting a LW, and the improvement for Calgary would come from getting a young C or RW in Caufield or Suzuki, plus additional assets. And we don’t need LD at all.
Jul. 11, 2021 at 1:03 a.m.
Then there’s no chance you get Tkachuk. Like I said, the Flames aren’t rebuilding, and we aren’t going to give him away for scraps. If you’re not willing to put together a good package then you’re not going to get him. He’s a star, not a depth piece, or a deadline rental. This will be a sideways move if it happens because we’re not rebuilding, the improvement comes from you getting a LW, and the improvement for Calgary would come from getting a young C or RW in Caufield or Suzuki, plus additional assets. And we don’t need LD at all.

Its a fair package with Drouin. It just doesn't meet your needs. I'd never think you want a C. You don't even want a LD but you say to throw in Ghule. AND you'll have 7 mill to play with in free agency.
Jul. 11, 2021 at 4:11 a.m.
Its a fair package with Drouin. It just doesn't meet your needs. I'd never think you want a C. You don't even want a LD but you say to throw in Ghule. AND you'll have 7 mill to play with in free agency.

How on earth can you possibly still think it's a fair package? Unless you think that Lucic, MEP, Zavgorodniy, Ruzicka, Kylington, and Boltmann is a fair package for Suzuki, would you accept that? Quantity does not equal quality and you don't trade stars without quality coming back.

edit: And I never said to throw in Guhle lmao, and of course I would want a C, that's a position of need for Calgary, and you can never have too many good centres

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll