Forums/Mock-Draft

Reply with how you like your teams pick/picks

Reply with how you like your teams pick/picks

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: SimonSelaars3
Published: Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:47 a.m.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
Canes fan
For the Canes I think there are better options out there than Tuomaala. We could fill our biggest need by picking up an offensive RD in Scott Morrow. I still don't hate the Tuomaala pick, just I think a guy like Morrow would be better.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18
For the Canes I think there are better options out there than Tuomaala. We could fill our biggest need by picking up an offensive RD in Scott Morrow. I still don't hate the Tuomaala pick, just I think a guy like Morrow would be better.

Understandable, I liked Tuomaala going to the canes for the simple fact he plays the canes type of game. His name sounds like he should be playing for the canes as well lol.
Zinger liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:21 a.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Instead of Ceulemans, I would rather have Lambos be drafted by the Jets.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Instead of Ceulemans, I would rather have Lambos be drafted by the Jets.

I like either one of them. I think they definitely go defense though.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
W for the Devils
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
W for the Devils

Hughes and Rosen are studs.
Devil liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
I like Othmann, Good shot, competitive, has some bite. Hopefully his skating gets a little bit of a jump. But I wouldnt be mad at that selection from BOS
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: Heyhowareya37
I like Othmann, Good shot, competitive, has some bite. Hopefully his skating gets a little bit of a jump. But I wouldnt be mad at that selection from BOS

He’s a big goal scorer too. He just seems like the type of player Boston would be interested in.
Heyhowareya37 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Hockeyman1208
Understandable, I liked Tuomaala going to the canes for the simple fact he plays the canes type of game. His name sounds like he should be playing for the canes as well lol.

Tuomaala could also complete an all Finnish line with Aho and Turbo. I still get the thought of picking Tuomaala for sure.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I’m not well versed in the specific prospects, but the habs #1 priority should be getting a RHD with top 4 potential. If there aren’t any in that range, then they should just take the best forward available.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeyman1208
He’s a big goal scorer too. He just seems like the type of player Boston would be interested in.

Yup, hope so. Part of me wants them to go Center, but honestly they should be taking BPA. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they go with T. Boucher or Samoskevich to follow their USHL/College Hockey trend of late.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 7:45 p.m.
Stankoven is probably the BPA at that point. Though, his size is scary (and MTL already has a lot of small players) and we do not really need other centers (Suzuki, KK, Danault?, Poehling, Evans...).

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I’m not well versed in the specific prospects, but the habs #1 priority should be getting a RHD with top 4 potential. If there aren’t any in that range, then they should just take the best forward available.

I agree with you. Our #1 need is a top4 RD with offensive upside. I really hope Morrow is there for MTL. He has the size that Bergevin likes, skates well and is great offensively. Though, he was playing in a really weak league this year and he really needs to improve defensively. He is definitely a project, but could become a great dman if we are ready to wait 3-4 years.
If Morrow's not there, L'Heureux would definitely be my second best option for MTL. He could add some much needed grit to a line with Suzuki and Caufield (plus he's from Qc).

PS: I really like Eklund as no1 smile
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 8:09 p.m.
Devils at 4: Whoever falls from Eklund, Power, Hughes, Clarke (in that order)
Devils at 29: Another D-man or goal-scoring winger (can't see Lambos getting by them)
SimonSelaars3 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 8:24 p.m.
I’d be over the moon if the Stars get Sillinger. I don’t think it will happen. If they go for need maybe a lw or RD. Ceulemans a would be a good pick if they could trade down and gain another assets or shed some cap in the process.

I think Sillinger goes earlier and Lysell drops be cause of the rumors of attitude issues in Sweden demanding trades as a teenager in the Pro league. Coronato drops as well, hopefully past the Stars because I can see a scenario where he pulls a Jimmy Vesey or Kevin Hayes where he’s going to Harvard next year so probably will play 4 years get his degree and be able to wait until he’s not under control of his drafting team and go wherever he thinks has the best spot for him. I am glad it looks like you put thought into this though usually feels like by the time people get to Dallas they just chuck a player from the later part of the rankings just to fill a spot instead if they beat player or fit.
SimonSelaars3 liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 10:41 p.m.
Quoting: Suzuki_Cup
Stankoven is probably the BPA at that point. Though, his size is scary (and MTL already has a lot of small players) and we do not really need other centers (Suzuki, KK, Danault?, Poehling, Evans...).

Stankoven will definitely end up playing wing in the NHL but size is an obsolete factor on how teams should draft. A lot of the leagues best players are under 5 foot 10, Kaprizov, Point, Guadreau, Marchand, Zuccarelo, Kane, Debrincat, the list could go on. But I agree with you it’s a BPA pick. I wasn’t sure what the Habs are in need of so I just went BPA.

I agree with you. Our #1 need is a top4 RD with offensive upside. I really hope Morrow is there for MTL. He has the size that Bergevin likes, skates well and is great offensively. Though, he was playing in a really weak league this year and he really needs to improve defensively. He is definitely a project, but could become a great dman if we are ready to wait 3-4 years.
If Morrow's not there, L'Heureux would definitely be my second best option for MTL. He could add some much needed grit to a line with Suzuki and Caufield (plus he's from Qc).

PS: I really like Eklund as no1 smile
Jul. 11, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
Tomas Zubrus
As a guy who follows the Panthers, I feel like Olausson although would add to winger depth, is not the replacement needed for the elephant in the room. Keith Yandle being bought out of his contract is seemingly inevitable at this point. A potential sleeper D-Man and someone who I have going to the Panthers is Everett Silvertips defenseman Olen Zellweger, he really impressed me with his play at the U18's and while Yandle can play decent on the Power Play, defensively, he's abysmal. Zellweger may not be the biggest guy but he's a smooth skating D-Man who on special teams would quarterback the powerplay and would be a pest to play against in other situations. He's also reliable defensively which is one of the biggest needs the Panthers' LHD core needs.

With that said, I like Olausson as a player and he would certainly find a role in the top 9 sooner rather than later, but right now I don't believe he is the solution to the Panthers problems.
Jul. 11, 2021 at 3:37 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I don't like Johnson for the Kings. Byfield, Turcotte and Vilardi are enough at C. I could live with any one of Clarke, Lucius, Coronato or Lysell at #8.
Jul. 12, 2021 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I don't like Johnson for the Kings. Byfield, Turcotte and Vilardi are enough at C. I could live with any one of Clarke, Lucius, Coronato or Lysell at #8.

Johnson will likely play as a winger in the NHL. Lots of scouts project him there instead of center.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll