Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$75,762,302$0$8,400,000$5,737,698
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 3
RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
G
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$737,500$737,500
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 2, 2021 at 1:04 a.m.
perfect, assume we would have to give up more for hertl though which i would be okay with
Aug. 2, 2021 at 1:57 a.m.
oh how i suffer
Why would the Sharks want Gauthier or Jones? This is not me being snarky, I just don't know anything about either of them (except that Jones played for UMass with John Leonard, and while I'm not opposed to collecting UMass players I'm not sure that's actually a sound way to build an NHL team....)
FunMustBeAlways liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 6:05 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: bunnymcfoo
Why would the Sharks want Gauthier or Jones? This is not me being snarky, I just don't know anything about either of them (except that Jones played for UMass with John Leonard, and while I'm not opposed to collecting UMass players I'm not sure that's actually a sound way to build an NHL team....)

Honestly I don’t see strome being that much worse than hertl and both have one year left. But gauthier is a good power forward that was a decent goal score in the ahl but hasn’t gotten a chance in the nhl and so far it seems like Jones could be a Walmart version of fox
Aug. 2, 2021 at 7:16 a.m.
Gotta be Chytil + 1st rounder as a baseline for Hertl or SJ immediately declines.

Strome doesn’t fit our needs at all and while Gauthier and Jones are fine, neither of them are head turners either.
bunnymcfoo liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 7:22 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: FunMustBeAlways
Gotta be Chytil + 1st rounder as a baseline for Hertl or SJ immediately declines.

Strome doesn’t fit our needs at all and while Gauthier and Jones are fine, neither of them are head turners either.

With my last comment I honestly don’t think there is too much of a difference between hertl and strome and both have 1 year left so maybe it’s a 3 way deal where strome goes elsewhere and you get the return
Aug. 2, 2021 at 7:42 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
As usual, reckless banter attempts to override what IS a sound proposal.

A one-for-one Strome/Hertl deal honestly works. The need for a playmaking center with leadership skills is the Sharks, while a big shooting power forward is the need of the Rangers.

Each player satisfies the other team's need, without destroying the total roster makeup. The Rangers might be inclined to move Zach Jones in this deal to offer him a long-term NHL opportunity, rather than bury him for years (potentially) in Hartford of the AHL.

That said, including Julian Gauthier isn't necessary; utilizing him in the Ranger roster brings a balance to it.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 8:22 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: HockeyDanz

A one-for-one Strome/Hertl deal honestly works. The need for a playmaking center with leadership skills is the Sharks, while a big shooting power forward is the need of the Rangers.

Each player satisfies the other team's need, without destroying the total roster makeup. The Rangers might be inclined to move Zach Jones in this deal to offer him a long-term NHL opportunity, rather than bury him for years (potentially) in Hartford of the AHL.

That said, including Julian Gauthier isn't necessary; utilizing him in the Ranger roster brings a balance to it.

But where does gauthier fit in this team when your wingers are
Panarin
Laf
Kreider
Chytil
Blais
Reaves
Kakko
Kravtsov
Aug. 2, 2021 at 9:52 a.m.

omg lol. Hertl is 2x the player Strome is and it ain't close.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 10:08 a.m.
Quoting: crankshaft

Agreed..

Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
With my last comment I honestly don’t think there is too much of a difference between hertl and strome and both have 1 year left so maybe it’s a 3 way deal where strome goes elsewhere and you get the return

Tomas Hertl is one of the better players in the NHL that the average fan hasn't heard of. There is a question of health but if he has a clean bill, he's a significant upgrade of Strome. He is a much better two way center.. more size, better high end skills, MUCH better on draws..on and on, he is simply superior to Strome in every way.

The Rangers would do this deal in a blink, but I doubt San Jose would. Zach Jones is the only thing that would be of any interest to them.

If you're thinking they can flip Strome, then it would be wiser for the Rangers to trade Strome for blue chips to include in the deal to San Jose.

For a tiny bit of perspective..

Hertl .63 PPG
Strome .55 PPG

I think we would all agree that Strome has been on an uptick over the last three seasons...but..

Hertl .87 PPG over the last three seasons
Strome .74 PPG over the last three seasons

Yes, PPG is a very basic stat that lacks a ton of context, but when you start to dig into the underlying numbers...this is when Hertl really starts to blow Strome away. Yes, Hertle has been San Jose's top center, however they don't have Artemi Panarin...and I don't think you can have this discussion fairly while leaving out the "Panarin effect".

He is a marked improvement over Strome, and while both players will be due a raise soon...neither will be approaching Eichel's price tag. If the Rangers can swing a deal for him that doesn't further subtract from their projected lineup this season, they should get it done!
Aug. 2, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: SuprDave45
Agreed..

Tomas Hertl is one of the better players in the NHL that the average fan hasn't heard of. There is a question of health but if he has a clean bill, he's a significant upgrade of Strome. He is a much better two way center.. more size, better high end skills, MUCH better on draws..on and on, he is simply superior to Strome in every way.

The Rangers would do this deal in a blink, but I doubt San Jose would. Zach Jones is the only thing that would be of any interest to them.

If you're thinking they can flip Strome, then it would be wiser for the Rangers to trade Strome for blue chips to include in the deal to San Jose.

For a tiny bit of perspective..

Hertl .63 PPG
Strome .55 PPG

I think we would all agree that Strome has been on an uptick over the last three seasons...but..

Hertl .87 PPG over the last three seasons
Strome .74 PPG over the last three seasons

Yes, PPG is a very basic stat that lacks a ton of context, but when you start to dig into the underlying numbers...this is when Hertl really starts to blow Strome away. Yes, Hertle has been San Jose's top center, however they don't have Artemi Panarin...and I don't think you can have this discussion fairly while leaving out the "Panarin effect".

He is a marked improvement over Strome, and while both players will be due a raise soon...neither will be approaching Eichel's price tag. If the Rangers can swing a deal for him that doesn't further subtract from their projected lineup this season, they should get it done!

Strome played just the same without as he did with panarin just saying
Aug. 2, 2021 at 10:26 a.m.

Not at all, this isn't enough for Hertl, San Jose could beat this offer across the league.

Hertl is a legit poor man's 1C, and while he isn't as good as Mika on offense, he is a better all around center. He's great on draws, plays a strong defensive game and is much more physical than any of the Rangers centers.

He did have a bad knee injury a season ago, but if he's fine, the Rangers should certainly be interested if he's being shopped.

What need would San Jose have for Strome? He's a downgrade in every area..he is not a direct replacement. For this, they'd be wiser to hold onto Hertl and move him at the deadline for a bigger haul.

If Strome is going in order to make the money work, makes more sense. Gauthier to be fair hasn't been given a lot of chances with Carolina or the Rangers, he has tools and it would be interesting to see how he did with playing time. Zach Jones is an interesting prospect...but it would take more.
FunMustBeAlways liked this.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 10:27 a.m.
Strome played just the same without as he did with panarin just saying

Very small sample size. How did he play in Edmonton?
Aug. 2, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Very small sample size. How did he play in Edmonton?

Dude… it’s Edmonton. he put up 50 on the 14-15 islanders who was a eh team and that was 3rd on the team then the isles went down hill
Aug. 2, 2021 at 2:03 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
Not at all, this isn't enough for Hertl, San Jose could beat this offer across the league.

Hertl is a legit poor man's 1C, and while he isn't as good as Mika on offense, he is a better all around center. He's great on draws, plays a strong defensive game and is much more physical than any of the Rangers centers.

He did have a bad knee injury a season ago, but if he's fine, the Rangers should certainly be interested if he's being shopped.

What need would San Jose have for Strome? He's a downgrade in every area..he is not a direct replacement. For this, they'd be wiser to hold onto Hertl and move him at the deadline for a bigger haul.

If Strome is going in order to make the money work, makes more sense. Gauthier to be fair hasn't been given a lot of chances with Carolina or the Rangers, he has tools and it would be interesting to see how he did with playing time. Zach Jones is an interesting prospect...but it would take more.

The key phrase in your reply..poor man's legit 1c..answers your own point. Since Hertl would actually be a 2c on NYR, your point is moot.

But where does gauthier fit in this team when your wingers are
Panarin
Laf
Kreider
Chytil
Blais
Reaves
Kakko
Kravtsov

Answering a second reply here, the lines would slot as follows:

LaFreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Hertl-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Gauthier
Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

(Rooney as 13th forward)

This stacks up with loads of skill, scoring and can be the hard-skating system that Gallant runs.

Adding Strome to San Jose:

(in case of Kane not being dismissed)

Kane-Couture-LaBanc
Sorenson-Strome-Meier

Not a terrible top six. Couture and Strome are adept passers, who could rack up assists with those wings. And in a potential 'dog' of a season, having another player who has been through a rebuild and is a good leader is never a bad thing.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
Knuckle Danz

Based on his goal-scoring prowess, your argument has merit. But you fail to put this in relative terms of the needs of the two teams. Thus, reckless banter.

Artemi Panarin would turn a pure scorer like Hertl into a 40-goal scorer, matching these skill sets. At the same time, Strome would make a 30-goal scorer like Meier into a 40-goal scorer. Both Panarin and Strome have similar ice vision and passing ability. Hertl and Meier are nearly similar netfront scorers.

That's the styles these two teams can best incorporate, by making such a move.

Since the Sharks are also goaltending-deficient, adding Georgiev settles this need completely.

You're welcome.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:24 p.m.
Edited Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
The key phrase in your reply..poor man's legit 1c..answers your own point. Since Hertl would actually be a 2c on NYR, your point is moot.

Answering a second reply here, the lines would slot as follows:

LaFreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Hertl-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Gauthier
Blais-Goodrow-Reaves

(Rooney as 13th forward)

This stacks up with loads of skill, scoring and can be the hard-skating system that Gallant runs.

Adding Strome to San Jose:

(in case of Kane not being dismissed)

Kane-Couture-LaBanc
Sorenson-Strome-Meier

Not a terrible top six. Couture and Strome are adept passers, who could rack up assists with those wings. And in a potential 'dog' of a season, having another player who has been through a rebuild and is a good leader is never a bad thing.

How does that make my point moot? That is such an off the cuff, cop-out comment! tears of joy: Do you know what the definition of moot is? LOL

Your point was that a one for one straight up for Strome is fair...my point was that it wasn't, and I cited Hertl being a second tier 1C as the reason for that not being a fair deal. Are you trying to say Strome is even in the conversation for being a 1C? I am sure your answer is no, since your trade means you aren't even willing to keep him around as a 2C,...which makes my point...um...not moot. lol

There is a fair argument to be made that Mika Zibanijad isn't a legit top 1C either. His strength would be his offense, obviously...with the remainder of his game keeping him out of the conversation for top 1C.

I am going to concede that Hertl isn't as gifted offensively (which isn't a given), and he still finished with 6 less points than Mika..in 6 less games. In all other areas of the game, he is better than Mika.

That is not to say Mika is a bad player, far from it! It's to point out that Strome...straight up, for a player of Hertl's ability..is a silly offer. Again, San Jose can do better all over the league.

Please explain how that is a 'moot' point? I'll wait...
Aug. 2, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
Dude… it’s Edmonton. he put up 50 on the 14-15 islanders who was a eh team and that was 3rd on the team then the isles went down hill

Oh it's definitely Edmonton, but they never had issues scoring points, it was keeping the puck out of their own net where they suffered. To further the point, they used Strome up and down the lineup with some pretty talented forwards, he couldn't make it work. It may not be an apples to apples example, but it's the only sizable sample size we have to work with. Pointing at the few games Panarin missed for personal reasons really isn't a fair measure of how good Ryan Strome is, and it most certainly doesn't do justice to him benefiting from playing with Panarin...which was my entire point.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
How does that make my point moot? That is such an off the cuff, cop-out comment! tears of joy: Do you know what the definition of moot is? LOL

Your point was that a one for one straight up for Strome is fair...my point was that it wasn't, and I cited Hertl being a second tier 1C as the reason for that not being a fair deal. Are you trying to say Strome is even in the conversation for being a 1C? I am sure your answer is no, since your trade means you aren't even willing to keep him around as a 2C,...which makes my point...um...not moot. lol

There is a fair argument to be made that Mika Zibanijad isn't a legit top 1C either. His strength would be his offense, obviously...with the remainder of his game keeping him out of the conversation for top 1C.

I am going to concede that Hertl isn't as gifted offensively (which isn't a given), and he still finished with 6 less points than Mika..in 6 less games. In all other areas of the game, he is better than Mika.

That is not to say Mika is a bad player, far from it! It's to point out that Strome...straight up, for a player of Hertl's ability..is a silly offer. Again, San Jose can do better all over the league.

Please explain how that is a 'moot' point? I'll wait...

I actually do.

I also know that wasting time dignifying you with a further response won't make me get any younger or wiser.
Aug. 2, 2021 at 7:22 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Based on his goal-scoring prowess, your argument has merit. But you fail to put this in relative terms of the needs of the two teams. Thus, reckless banter.

Artemi Panarin would turn a pure scorer like Hertl into a 40-goal scorer, matching these skill sets. At the same time, Strome would make a 30-goal scorer like Meier into a 40-goal scorer. Both Panarin and Strome have similar ice vision and passing ability. Hertl and Meier are nearly similar netfront scorers.

Since the Sharks are also goaltending-deficient, adding Georgiev settles this need completely.

You're welcome.

This absolutely does not fit SJ's needs.

- They don't need anymore goaltenders, they have 2 NHL goalies and no need for a 3rd okayish one.
- This does little to address futures, Zach Jones isn't special, and there are no picks.
- Strome serves little purpose for SJ, and they aren't going to trade a 1C for him just to be a future trade piece, that's just reckless and dumb.

I can tell you don't understand anything about SJ if you think Marcus Sorensen, a player who probably isn't going to be in North America next season, is going to be on SJ's top 6.
SuprDave45 liked this.
Aug. 3, 2021 at 9:20 a.m.

You're welcome.

You know much less than you think. And you know very, very little about the needs of SJS.

Check yourself.

You're Welcome.
SuprDave45 liked this.
Aug. 3, 2021 at 9:59 a.m.
Over the past 2 seasons Koskinen has posted a .910 save percentage vs Georgiev's .908. Why do you think the Oilers should pay a 1st round pick to downgrade their goaltending?
Aug. 3, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
You know much less than you think. And you know very, very little about the needs of SJS.

Check yourself.

You're Welcome.

I got a wheel of cheese, to go along with that whine.

Check yourself..into a board.
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
I got a wheel of cheese, to go along with that whine.

Check yourself..into a board.

You post these left field reasons and when people question you to explain, you give even worse cop outs..and we're wasting your time?

LOL you're funny at least, I give you that..
Aug. 4, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
I actually do.

I also know that wasting time dignifying you with a further response won't make me get any younger or wiser.

I think you meant to say you know the definition of "wasting time"..which would be trying to defend a comment you pulled out of your a$$...

something we can all agree on!
Aug. 4, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
I think you meant to say you know the definition of "wasting time"..which would be trying to defend a comment you pulled out of your a$$...

something we can all agree on!

You're one empty garbage can, rolling down the street making a lot of noise.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll