SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Every Team's biggest rival

Nov. 16, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Edited Nov. 16, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
Was going to do a series in ACGM with every team being combined with it's biggest rival, but I realized I should probably get input from fans of every team on who the biggest rival of their team is so I don't eff it up. I have some preliminary ones here.

Anaheim Ducks - Los Angeles Kings?
Arizona Coyotes - IDFK, Fans maybe?
Boston Bruins - Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres -
Calgary Flames - Edmonton Oilers
Carolina Hurricanes -
Chicago Blackhawks - St Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche -
Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh Penguins
Dallas Stars -
Detroit Red Wings -
Edmonton Oilers - Calgary Flames
Florida Panthers - Tampa Bay Lightning
Los Angeles Kings - Anaheim Ducks?
Minnesota Wild -
Montreal Canadiens - Toronto Maple Leafs/Boston Bruins
Nashville Predators -
New Jersey Devils - New York Rangers
New York Islanders - New York Rangers
New York Rangers - New Jersey Devils
Ottawa Senators - Toronto Maple Leafs
Philadelphia Flyers - Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Penguins - Philadelphia Flyers
San Jose Sharks - Los Angeles Kings
Seattle Kraken -
St Louis Blues - Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa Bay Lightning -
Toronto Maple Leafs - Montreal Canadiens
Vancouver Canucks - Calgary Flames
Vegas Golden Knights - San Jose Sharks?
Washington Capitals - Pittsburgh Penguins
Winnipeg Jets -
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 9:12 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Was going to do a series in ACGM with every team being combined with it's biggest rival, but I realized I should probably get input from fans of every team on who the biggest rival of their team is so I don't eff it up.

Anaheim Ducks -
Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres -
Calgary Flames -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Chicago Blackhawks -
Colorado Avalanche -
Columbus Blue Jackets -
Dallas Stars -
Detroit Red Wings -
Edmonton Oilers -
Los Angeles Kings -
Minnesota Wild -
Montreal Canadiens -Toronto probably for us
Nashville Predators -
New Jersey Devils -
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers -
Ottawa Senators -
San Jose Sharks -
Seattle Kraken -
St Louis Blues -
Tampa Bay Lightning -
Toronto Maple Leafs -
Vancouver Canucks -
Vegas Golden Knights -
Winnipeg Jets -
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 9:13 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Was torn between Boston and Toronto for MTL, so thank you for the info
Nov. 16, 2021 at 10:20 a.m.
cautious optimism
Was going to do a series in ACGM with every team being combined with it's biggest rival, but I realized I should probably get input from fans of every team on who the biggest rival of their team is so I don't eff it up. I have some preliminary ones here.

Anaheim Ducks -
Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Chicago Blackhawks -
Colorado Avalanche -
Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh Penguins?
Dallas Stars -
Detroit Red Wings -
Los Angeles Kings -
Minnesota Wild -
Montreal Canadiens - Toronto Maple Leafs
Nashville Predators -
New Jersey Devils - New York Rangers?
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers - Tom Wilson
Ottawa Senators -
San Jose Sharks -
Seattle Kraken -
St Louis Blues -
Tampa Bay Lightning -
Toronto Maple Leafs -
Vancouver Canucks -
Winnipeg Jets -
NoVaSpartan and Devil liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 10:21 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Bobcat205

Pittsburgh seems to be here a lot lol. I was between Pittsburgh and Tampa for CBJ because of 2019.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 10:43 a.m.
yippee

Anaheim Ducks - Los Angeles Kings?
Boston Bruins -
Buffalo Sabres -
Carolina Hurricanes -
Chicago Blackhawks - St Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche -
Columbus Blue Jackets - Pittsburgh Penguins
Dallas Stars -
Detroit Red Wings -
Los Angeles Kings - Anaheim Ducks?
Minnesota Wild -
Montreal Canadiens - Toronto Maple Leafs
Nashville Predators -
New Jersey Devils - New York Rangers?
New York Islanders -
New York Rangers - New Jersey Devils?
Ottawa Senators -
San Jose Sharks -
Seattle Kraken -
St Louis Blues - Chicago Blackhawks
Tampa Bay Lightning -
Toronto Maple Leafs - Boston Bruins?
Vancouver Canucks -
Winnipeg Jets -

For the Wings there isn't really a big rival nowadays, at least from where I see it. The tension with the Avs seems to be gone by now, so I don't think it's them. The Lightning get some consideration for shutting the door on Detroit in the first round during the two most recent playoff appearances, but that was half a decade ago when we actually used to make the playoffs in the first place. Pittsburgh was a good rival for a while because of those back-to-back finals matchups, but that was also a while ago. Currently, I feel like the strongest rivalry for Detroit is with Montreal, but it still isn't particularly strong. Maybe some older Wings fans still hold a big grudge against some of the first three, but for right now I see a small rivalry with the Habs as the biggest one right now. Hard to form rivalries when you're rebuilding, I guess. Also sorry for the big paragraph when I could've just said "Habs", only wanted to give some more context.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 1:56 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I feel like Tampa is in a weird spot. I know the Battle of Florida is hot right now, but I wouldn't consider the kitties our biggest rival.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 1:58 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I feel like Tampa is in a weird spot. I know the Battle of Florida is hot right now, but I wouldn't consider the kitties our biggest rival.

Thought about both Florida and the Islanders but both seem too recent to qualify. It's becoming more clear to me that some teams in this list just don't seem to have a clear cut rival
CoopsTroops liked this.
Nov. 16, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
torontos finest
Boston - Montreal, and vise versa. There's been more animosity between the two teams that either and Toronto.

Buffalo - Toronto. Same as above. We don't like each other.

Carolina - Washington. Hurricanes are a bit difficult but they've been close with the Capitals since they relocated from Hartford. Not the strongest rivalry.

Colorado - Minnesota. Either them or St Louis. Don't think the Avs have any really strong rivals.

Dallas - IDK. Nashville, Minnesota, Colorado are all options I guess.

Detroit - Chicago. They're split by a conference now, but they were pretty familiar enemies back in the 90s and 00s. Either them or Toronto, I guess.

Minnesota - Chicago, Colorado, Winnipeg. Another one I'm not sure about.

Nashville - St Louis or Dallas. Central is definitely the hardest to decide.

Islanders - Rangers. For the Isles it's their inner city counterparts. Pretty sure everyone in the mid altantic is fine with wanted to kill each other but some rivalries' are stronger than others.

Ottawa - Toronto. The Leafs don't make friends easy, especially not with their provincial neighbors.

San Jose - Los Angeles. Wanted to say Vegas but the Sharks have been playing the Kings for much longer and find them more irradiating.

Skip Seattle for now.

Tampa - Florida. One because they share a state, and two because they're both good this season.

Toronto - Montreal. The Leafs have a fair pick of rivals but the one with the Habs stands out more than the others. Could also do Ottawa, Boston or Buffalo. Or literally any western Canada team lmao they hate the Leafs over there.

Vancouver - Calgary or Edmonton, moreso Calgary. It's been a while since Torts tried to break into Calgary's locker room but I think there's more animosity between the Canucks and Flames than any other candidates.

Winnipeg - Minnesota. I guess?
Nov. 16, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: mondo
Boston - Montreal, and vise versa. There's been more animosity between the two teams that either and Toronto.

Carolina - Washington. Hurricanes are a bit difficult but they've been close with the Capitals since they relocated from Hartford. Not the strongest rivalry.

Colorado - Minnesota. Either them or St Louis. Don't think the Avs have any really strong rivals.

Detroit - Chicago. They're split by a conference now, but they were pretty familiar enemies back in the 90s and 00s. Either them or Toronto, I guess.

Islanders - Rangers. For the Isles it's their inner city counterparts. Pretty sure everyone in the mid altantic is fine with wanted to kill each other but some rivalries' are stronger than others.

Ottawa - Toronto. The Leafs don't make friends easy, especially not with their provincial neighbors.

San Jose - Los Angeles. Wanted to say Vegas but the Sharks have been playing the Kings for much longer and find them more irradiating.

Skip Seattle for now.

Tampa - Florida. One because they share a state, and two because they're both good this season.

Toronto - Montreal. The Leafs have a fair pick of rivals but the one with the Habs stands out more than the others. Could also do Ottawa, Boston or Buffalo. Or literally any western Canada team lmao they hate the Leafs over there.

Vancouver - Calgary or Edmonton, moreso Calgary. It's been a while since Torts tried to break into Calgary's locker room but I think there's more animosity between the Canucks and Flames than any other candidates.

Thanks for the info. I disagree with a couple of these (in my opinion, Carolina vs Washington is manufactured, not a real rivalry just one the NHL wants to see), but nonetheless great input. This central division is difficult to decipher
Nov. 19, 2021 at 11:50 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: mondo

Skip Seattle for now.

It’s Nashville and Winnipeg to me

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll