Forums/Armchair-GM

Fleury

Created by: Richard88
Team: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 1, 2022
Published: Feb. 1, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This isn't something I'm pushing for, but someone suggested it on another forum and I want to see what it looks like cap-wise. Feel free to tear it to shreds, I'm all ears.

This roster would obviously need another depth forward added, but that's not the subject of the AGM, the trade is.
Trades
COL
  1. De Haan, Calvin ($2,275,000 retained)
  2. Fleury, Marc-André ($3,500,000 retained)
CHI
  1. Compher, J.T.
  2. Francouz, Pavel
Additional Details:
Maybe an add?
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$76,208,963$1,741,463$932,500$5,291,037
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,275,000$2,275,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$0$0
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$828,333$828,333 ($0$0$0$0)
G
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
Most CHI fans will probably say COL needs to add a 2nd or something like that. But I think I'd do this straight up as is.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:19 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: Garak
Most CHI fans will probably say COL needs to add a 2nd or something like that. But I think I'd do this straight up as is.

Thanks for your feedback.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
I don't see the hawks having interest in compher or franz if we are rebuilding, and the value isn't really close eigther imo. Flower 50% retained should net a 1st and dehaan 50% around a 2nd
Stuey4Vezina liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
I love flower, but Kuemper and Frankie have been lights out as of late. I could see the Avs pursuing another Jonas Johansson type, but not Fleury. As for De Haan, he'd be a solid pickup, but I think there are cheaper options out there.
Richard88 and TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
im very much content just chilling with the current avs goalies. Since both have came back from Injuries

Kuemper 12-0-1, 2.32 GAA, .926 SV%, 1 shutout.
Frankie 7-1-0, 2.29 GAA, .927 SV%, 2 shutouts

Life is good in the avs net. Unless there is some sort of other part of the deal that makes it a must have for the Avs, dont think the avs need to bark up the MAF tree.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: Wadejos123
I don't see the hawks having interest in compher or franz if we are rebuilding, and the value isn't really close eigther imo. Flower 50% retained should net a 1st and dehaan 50% around a 2nd

Thanks for commenting.

Chicago don't really have a starter in net for 2022/23, and Fleury likely won't re-sign there. Getting Francouz in for a few months to see what he can do in Chicago could give them a solid option in net next year.

As for Fleury, he has a 10 team NTC which he can easily weaponise to limit Chicago to very few possible trade destinations. I mean, all he'd have to do is put 10 playoff teams who might have an interest on his NTC apart from one (i.e. the one he wants to go to), and then Chicago could only trade him to that one team (because needless to say non-playoff teams wouldn't pay for him as a rental).
TJTwolf and Wadejos123 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:29 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: coga16
im very much content just chilling with the current avs goalies. Since both have came back from Injuries

Kuemper 12-0-1, 2.32 GAA, .926 SV%, 1 shutout.
Frankie 7-1-0, 2.29 GAA, .927 SV%, 2 shutouts

Life is good in the avs net. Unless there is some sort of other part of the deal that makes it a must have for the Avs, dont think the avs need to bark up the MAF tree.

I agree. Thanks for posting the stats, very nice.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 4:38 p.m.
Quoting: Richard88
I agree. Thanks for posting the stats, very nice.

keep tabs on MAF just incase of injuries or anything like that. But if the goalies are healthy, lets load up the depth and slay the 2nd round narrative
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: coga16
keep tabs on MAF just incase of injuries or anything like that. But if the goalies are healthy, lets load up the depth and slay the 2nd round narrative

If Chicago are feeling friendly and want to accommodate Fleury (and his NMC) maybe they'll move him cheap with maximum retention to get Francouz in return and get an early look if he can be their starter next year (his stats are really good when he's been healthy, as you know). Just a question of paying for double retention from Chicago and a third team:

Francouz ($2m) + ??? for retention
for
Fleury ($1.75m / 75% retained)

That's admittedly a bit of an outlandish trade proposal so I hope Chicago fans reading this know that I'm aware that it would hinge on many factors (NMC, accommodating Fleury, chicago being interested in Francouz, Sakic being willing to pay an asset to upgrade the backup position, etc etc etc), but IF that scenario did play out that could be a nice way to upgrade a little bit in net.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
exo2769
There's a lot that goes into this. I don't think it's the correct target from the CHI perspective. They need picks/prosects which I do think they can get from someone. Not even commenting on value of the picks/prospects, but building for the future is what they need to do. There are also a decent number of goalies available as UFAs and CHI is high on Arvid Soderblom. I don't think taking back $5M in cap is the solution for CHI. They can get those pieces as UFAs.

The MAF thing is interesting. He's been vocal about not moving his family around a bunch. There are a number of CHI reporters that are saying the Hawks should extend MAF. He'll certainly want (and deserve) a Full NMC, but his final contract probably won't be that expensive. With that said, MAF may not want to be in CHI just because they're not that good a team. He says he likes CHI and that he doesn't want to move his family around a bunch, BUT it's just an assumption that those two pieces connect. I'm willing to bet that he'd extend to the acquiring team for a couple years for $3.5 - $4M. He deserves a chance to go win another cup and he deserves the right to not move his family around a bunch.

***EDIT*** Oops I thought Pavel had 1 more year on his deal. I think that makes it even less likely to be honest. He's a UFA that (if the Hawks wanted) they could just sign as a UFA.
TJTwolf and Richard88 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
There's a lot that goes into this. I don't think it's the correct target from the CHI perspective. They need picks/prosects which I do think they can get from someone. Not even commenting on value of the picks/prospects, but building for the future is what they need to do. There are also a decent number of goalies available as UFAs and CHI is high on Arvid Soderblom. I don't think taking back $5M in cap is the solution for CHI. They can get those pieces as UFAs.

The MAF thing is interesting. He's been vocal about not moving his family around a bunch. There are a number of CHI reporters that are saying the Hawks should extend MAF. He'll certainly want (and deserve) a Full NMC, but his final contract probably won't be that expensive. With that said, MAF may not want to be in CHI just because they're not that good a team. He says he likes CHI and that he doesn't want to move his family around a bunch, BUT it's just an assumption that those two pieces connect. I'm willing to bet that he'd extend to the acquiring team for a couple years for $3.5 - $4M. He deserves a chance to go win another cup and he deserves the right to not move his family around a bunch.

***EDIT*** Oops I thought Pavel had 1 more year on his deal. I think that makes it even less likely to be honest. He's a UFA that (if the Hawks wanted) they could just sign as a UFA.

Nice edit. Was just gonna say that exactly thing
exo2769 and Richard88 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
If Chicago are feeling friendly and want to accommodate Fleury (and his NMC) maybe they'll move him cheap with maximum retention to get Francouz in return and get an early look if he can be their starter next year (his stats are really good when he's been healthy, as you know). Just a question of paying for double retention from Chicago and a third team:

Francouz ($2m) + ??? for retention
for
Fleury ($1.75m / 75% retained)

That's admittedly a bit of an outlandish trade proposal so I hope Chicago fans reading this know that I'm aware that it would hinge on many factors (NMC, accommodating Fleury, chicago being interested in Francouz, Sakic being willing to pay an asset to upgrade the backup position, etc etc etc), but IF that scenario did play out that could be a nice way to upgrade a little bit in net.

I could buy that if is helps the avs cap wise, 500k extra in cap space or whatever it may be goes a long way at the deadline, and as well as Fluery would like to extend for cheap to be a back up 1B here. Just like how they would want to make frankie a starer..I could see a team giving him a 3mx3 year deal for that. Avs cant afford that.

But if fluery was cool with ill take 2m aav to be on the avs next year. Sure there is some merit and logic behind the move, sets things up for the future and doesnt hurt the current situation
Richard88 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
John 3 16

Thanks for such a thoughtful response, much appreciated.

It makes sense that Chicago would rather have prospects or picks. I disagree that the UFA goalie market will be good though, it actually looks pretty bleak. Colorado will be in a tricky position if Kuemper walks as they already paid a 1st + Timmins for him and can't afford to pay heavily for a goalie again next offseason. Perhaps Fleury would be open to re-signing on a short term cheap deal in Colorado to have some stability and finish his career as backup on a good team. Kuemper/Fleury would be a pretty good tandem, assuming that they don't both price themselves out.

I could see Francouz being of interest for Chicago as a cheap 1B sort of starter for them while they rebuild, and acquiring him at the deadline would greatly improve their chances of signing him - and also seeing if he can be a good fit before they actually do sign him of course.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
exo2769
Thanks for such a thoughtful response, much appreciated.

It makes sense that Chicago would rather have prospects or picks. I disagree that the UFA goalie market will be good though, it actually looks pretty bleak. Colorado will be in a tricky position if Kuemper walks as they already paid a 1st + Timmins for him and can't afford to pay heavily for a goalie again next offseason. Perhaps Fleury would be open to re-signing on a short term cheap deal in Colorado to have some stability and finish his career as backup on a good team. Kuemper/Fleury would be a pretty good tandem, assuming that they don't both price themselves out.

I could see Francouz being of interest for Chicago as a cheap 1B sort of starter for them while they rebuild, and acquiring him at the deadline would greatly improve their chances of signing him - and also seeing if he can be a good fit before they actually do sign him of course.

Well A. Thank you for the kind words!

I guess for the goalie market I think COL will be in a good position. They're a good team first and foremost. But Jack Campbell, MAF, Holtby (lesser), Pavel, DK. I think theyre in a good position to get a true starter. CHI might need a goalie, but I'm actually hoping CHI goes for a Lankinen Korpi combo and try to get them on cheaper deals for 2-3 years vs going "all in" on Jack Campbell. I'm not trying to say he's bad at all, but rather trying to spend cap elsewhere.

How many teams need goalies...and cap afford starter rates?
Richard88 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
John 3 16
Well A. Thank you for the kind words!

I guess for the goalie market I think COL will be in a good position. They're a good team first and foremost. But Jack Campbell, MAF, Holtby (lesser), Pavel, DK. I think theyre in a good position to get a true starter. CHI might need a goalie, but I'm actually hoping CHI goes for a Lankinen Korpi combo and try to get them on cheaper deals for 2-3 years vs going "all in" on Jack Campbell. I'm not trying to say he's bad at all, but rather trying to spend cap elsewhere.

How many teams need goalies...and cap afford starter rates?

Of the options you listed only Campbell and Kuemper seem like good options, and both are likely to want big $$$.

MAF will be 38. Holtby sucks now. Francouz could be good, but he hasn't been available much due to injury so would be risky giving him term and money. That's not a lot of goalies to go around.
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2022 at 7:22 p.m.
Thanks for commenting.

Chicago don't really have a starter in net for 2022/23, and Fleury likely won't re-sign there. Getting Francouz in for a few months to see what he can do in Chicago could give them a solid option in net next year.

As for Fleury, he has a 10 team NTC which he can easily weaponise to limit Chicago to very few possible trade destinations. I mean, all he'd have to do is put 10 playoff teams who might have an interest on his NTC apart from one (i.e. the one he wants to go to), and then Chicago could only trade him to that one team (because needless to say non-playoff teams wouldn't pay for him as a rental).

He had to submit the list in the offseason, players don't get to change their 10 team lists day by day. At least that's my understanding.

Hawks not having a starter for next year is a non issue if we plan on rebuiliding. And I would much rather sign a UFA than give up value in a trade for one
Richard88 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll