Forums/Armchair-GM

Pavelski

Created by: Snowball
Team: 2021-22 Dallas Stars
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 18, 2022
Published: Feb. 18, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I believe DAL could make a wild card spot, LAK likely flop down the home stretch here at some point and if DAL get it together can secure a wildcard. But in all honesty is it going to matter? They are not going to be huge buyers at the deadline and with CGY,COL making significant additions, and assuming Vegas does the same (pending LTIR abuse) no matter who DAL draws in the first round it’s going to be extremely tough and not to mention the rest of the series. So should DAL just capitalize on some FA’s and make a quick turn around to compete again next year?

So with that being said I’m looking to DAL fans to see what your returns for Pavs would be for these teams

So I think Pavs gets moved here, 3 team trade list brings down his value (I guess) near as I can see there’s only like 4 teams that are going to be in on him anyways.

BOS and MIN both have little over 2M in space both plausible contenders with additions

NYR(8m) and NSH(almost 10m) have the most room and need the least amount of cap help.

Truly I have absolutely no idea what NSH needs and also see them as the bottom half of the list. Don’t see them replacing either top 2C with Pav, so only for I see here is kunin to 4th and Pavs sliding into 2RW, plausible for sure

BOS needs 2C or 1-2 RW, hey sounds like I might know a guy, so fitment here is pretty much ideal, they have enough cap/move enough players out to make this work cap wise no problem. But BOS is also going to have to make other upgrades here to so

NYR rumored to be looking for forward additions, though I’m not sure how Pav fits into their lineup as their top 6 are pretty strong, but I suppose Laf or Kakko( still injured, not sure severity but will return soon) one or both get slid down and Pavs goes in 1-2 RW is my assumption here, or he plays 3C( you don’t take a guy like that and put him on 3C minutes sooo) fitment here is also good, and with the cap space makes this an easier destination but they are also looking at a lot of other moves to so that hinders their cap a little but should still be fine

MIN been rumored to be looking for center, not sure fitment here is ideal, top line is pretty much untouchable, and 2nd line is not breaking up two future wingers with good chemistry so only option here is 2C between fiala and boldy( wowz dangerous) and slide down the other centers( which isn’t ideal as to both others are playing very well also) but would give this team some amazing center strength all the way down the lineup, and also assume MIN may want to look for 2nd pair D help or 3rd pair upgrades further reducing cap so fitment here is less likely in my eyes but I’m wrong all the time so

All this is depending on Pavs really , COL could be option also but with all the Giroux rumors and him probably being traded before DAL decides what they want to do makes me think they’re out but could not be, Pav will pretty much decide where he wants to go, I have to assume it’s to a legit contender. Makes NYR most likely I guess. Pending Bergeron decision BOS will have enough cap to keep Pav beyond this year if that’s something he’s looking for also, same with NSH but that puts him In the division and if it’s a concern of joes then that rules out MIN and NYR for resigning

This all assumes Pav wants to be traded and DAL wants to trade him( I think DAL would be silly not to trade him) but none of us really know

Let me know what you think DAL gets for some returns here
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Pavelski, Joe
1$7,000,000
Trades
DAL
    Probably my most likely landing spot for Pav, what’s rangers offer?
    DAL
      My #2 most likely landing spot, honestly like this one the best but not sure Pav would agree
      BOS
      1. Pavelski, Joe
      DAL
        #3 most likely ?? Idk it’s a tie with them and MIn, NSH cap just makes it a lot easier move and keeps him in the conference
        NSH
        1. Pavelski, Joe
        DAL
          See above, idk?
          MIN
          1. Pavelski, Joe
          Buried
          DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          Logo of the DAL
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          21$81,500,000$73,411,239$927,073$915,000$8,088,761
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $9,500,000$9,500,000
          LW, C
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $9,850,000$9,850,000
          C, RW
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,100,000$1,100,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,250,000$3,250,000
          C, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $6,250,000$6,250,000
          RW
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,050,000$1,050,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,150,000$3,150,000
          C
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $2,550,000$2,550,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
          LW, C
          RFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          C, RW, LW
          UFA - 2
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
          LW, RW
          RFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $750,000$750,000
          C, LW
          UFA - 2
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $8,450,000$8,450,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 8
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $4,250,000$4,250,000
          RD
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $2,000,000$2,000,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $5,800,000$5,800,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          RD
          UFA - 3
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
          G
          RFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $3,650,000$3,650,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
          LD
          RFA - 3
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $750,000$750,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 2
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Dallas Stars
          $4,916,667$4,916,667
          G
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
          LafreneiretoKravtsov
          Rangers accept.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
          Jinx god
          Edited Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.

Stars aren’t going to be sellers even if it’s the best option.

Hypothetically speaking from the Rangers I’d like Lundkvist + 1st (we could add little pieces to make it go through), for Boston it’d be Studnicka + 1st and conditional 3rd (upgrades to 2nd if they make it to the 3rd round), for Nashville there is not many prospects of interest so can’t see a deal there, and Minny it’d be Beckman, a 1st and a conditional 3rd (same as the Boston one).

Obviously 50% retention will be included to up the value.
          Snowball, Goofie and C21 liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
          if bruins are going to make a real run, getting pavs would be my first target. im not in love with trading more 1st rounders but god knows jacobs doesnt care and the future is bleak anyways.

Without retention: the following players or combos have to be moved (i have no idea what the daily cap space is just using overall space...) debrusk, moore, frederic, clifton.

Adding in retention ups the cost of doing business but also allows the bruins to keep more of their team together. maybe they do a debrusk for a 50% kessel. maybe they do a 1st frederic and another prospect/pick for pavs with some retention. send moore and clifton to arizona in the kessel deal. idk theres alot of moving pieces with the cap but realistically its probably something like what i just mentioned above... a first, a prospect/pick, and a young roster player or fringe guy like senyshyn or frederic.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
          Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Hypothetically speaking from the Rangers I’d like Lundkvist + 1st (we could add little pieces to make it go through), for Boston it’d be Studnicka + 1st and conditional 3rd (upgrades to 2nd if they make it to the 3rd round), for Nashville there is not many prospects of interest so can’t see a deal there, and Minny it’d be Beckman, a 1st and a conditional 3rd (same as the Boston one).

feel like with studs it would be a 1st or studs... dont think youre getting both. boston loves studs but WONT EFFING USE HIM.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:10 a.m.
          Jinx god
          Quoting: hanson493
          feel like with studs it would be a 1st or studs... dont think youre getting both. boston loves studs but WONT EFFING USE HIM.

Well I mean if they don’t want to use Studnicka then what prospect would they put in? Boston already has the disadvantage compared to other teams because their prospect pool is pretty meh. If they don’t want to give up one of the good one, it puts them at a even bigger disadvantage.
          bhavikp27 liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.

First off Thanks for constructive comments and realistic trades. I would think that still puts NYR as front runners from DAL POV

I too have seen that post and why I put the disclaimer in “if DAL wants to move him” I personally don’t see the point other then the GM keeping his job (which when he makes the calls I guess that makes it pretty compelling argument) I would think DAL would be better off moving assets.

They have almost no cap space, so additions at the TDL are going to be minimal if anything at all. Current construction of team has them all but basically out in the first round anyways, so if they can make some moves get some assets and somehow find a way to cling to wildcard spot after making said moves they come out in the same position this year and ahead for the future.

That’s just my opinion and my job isn’t on the line either sooo.
          EsoYeezus69 liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:14 a.m.
          Quoting: Snowball
          First off Thanks for constructive comments and realistic trades. I would think that still puts NYR as front runners from DAL POV

I too have seen that post and why I put the disclaimer in “if DAL wants to move him” I personally don’t see the point other then the GM keeping his job (which when he makes the calls I guess that makes it pretty compelling argument) I would think DAL would be better off moving assets.

They have almost no cap space, so additions at the TDL are going to be minimal if anything at all. Current construction of team has them all but basically out in the first round anyways, so if they can make some moves get some assets and somehow find a way to cling to wildcard spot after making said moves they come out in the same position this year and ahead for the future.

what you just said about dallas could be said about the bruins too minus the keep the job part. Bruins would be suited to sell this year when the east is a bloodbath to get through... florida, tampa, toronto, hell even pittsburgh. youll likely have to play 2 of the 4 if not 3 of the 4 and i dont see the bruins being able to add enough and also be able to compete with those teams.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
          if bruins are going to make a real run, getting pavs would be my first target. im not in love with trading more 1st rounders but god knows jacobs doesnt care and the future is bleak anyways.

Without retention: the following players or combos have to be moved (i have no idea what the daily cap space is just using overall space...) debrusk, moore, frederic, clifton.

Adding in retention ups the cost of doing business but also allows the bruins to keep more of their team together. maybe they do a debrusk for a 50% kessel. maybe they do a 1st frederic and another prospect/pick for pavs with some retention. send moore and clifton to arizona in the kessel deal. idk theres alot of moving pieces with the cap but realistically its probably something like what i just mentioned above... a first, a prospect/pick, and a young roster player or fringe guy like senyshyn or frederic.

I to believe this would be Boston best route if they truly want ti take one last run at the cup, not sure I’m a huge fan of the whole one more run for the fourth time but seems like it’s going to happen and something rather big has to happen if they want to make it past the first round honesty
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
          Jinx god

True that they don’t have much cap space at the deadline, but moving Dobby as a cap casualty could work. I could maybe see a Kessel (50% retention) for Dobby and picks happening, it equals out in cap it (3.4 compared to 3.3).
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:18 a.m.
          Edited Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
          what you just said about dallas could be said about the bruins too minus the keep the job part. Bruins would be suited to sell this year when the east is a bloodbath to get through... florida, tampa, toronto, hell even pittsburgh. youll likely have to play 2 of the 4 if not 3 of the 4 and i dont see the bruins being able to add enough and also be able to compete with those teams.

Ooo I totally agree but I believe Boston will 100% make a run, and I’m afraid if they don’t try something rather large berg walks in the off-season no matter what. 37 years old got a cup and health is his highest priority, why bother with a team that makes minor meh moves at the TDL again and again, where if they take a chance on a big name big player and truly put it all out one more time berg MAY resign for another year which is worth a lot to the bruins cause needing a 1C and a 2C next off season along with other upgrades would not be pretty

Not saying I think they should take a run, I think they’re going to though. Personally I agree that they should probably make min moves, clear a bunch of cap in off-season ( cough folingo and personally IMO Coyle( although coyle in playoffs is very different and a lot more useful player) and look to add a real 2C and 2RW upgrade over smith, bottom 6 could use little attention but nothing major needs to happen, and some d upgrades, but all this pretty much has to be a short term deal cause marshy and hall are up in 3 years so going to need a lot more attention closer to that time then now

Cause I think BOS doesn’t need a complete rebuild, they just need to get some more assets and start restocking prospect pool to make another run in couple years. Basically just need to catch up from playing 4-5 years of one more run at the cup not very good trade decisions and not great drafting
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
          I believe Pavelski said during his ASG media availability that his top priority is resigning in Dallas this offseason. He and his family love it there and even as a Sharks fan I think he will retire a Star. That said if he does go to management wanting to be moved if they fall out of the race, I think the Rangers would be the frontrunner, and I'd maybe call the Capitals a darkhorse. But the Caps probably have to give up more because Stars would need to take salary back. Lundkvist + 1st or Lapierre + 1st + 2nd + Hagelin?
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:26 a.m.

Obviously 50% retention will be included to up the value.

Quoting: JNoons13
          I believe Pavelski said during his ASG media availability that his top priority is resigning in Dallas this offseason. He and his family love it there and even as a Sharks fan I think he will retire a Star. That said if he does go to management wanting to be moved if they fall out of the race, I think the Rangers would be the frontrunner, and I'd maybe call the Capitals a darkhorse. But the Caps probably have to give up more because Stars would need to take salary back. Lundkvist + 1st or Lapierre + 1st + 2nd + Hagelin?

Seems like an extremely expensive price for 3 months of Pavelski. He’s not winning the Rangers the cup. A 1st and Lundkvist is unreasonable on a good day. The Rangers would be dumb to even consider this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
          Quoting: JNoons13

I don’t see WSH making push for him at all, I would assume they’re going to focus all their efforts on goalie upgrade and possible d upgrades, suppose it could happen for sure but I don’t see it likely they want to spend big money when their top 6 is pretty solid and their issues cannot be addressed with pavs
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
          Jinx god
          Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
          Seems like an extremely expensive price for 3 months of Pavelski. He’s not winning the Rangers the cup. A 1st and Lundkvist is unreasonable on a good day. The Rangers would be dumb to even consider this.

What other pieces do you have to get him? I chose Lundkvist because I thought he was the most reasonable out of them all. All the other prospects below him would be of little interest.

Pavelski is playing like one of the best RW in the league right now, he’s not gonna be cheap to have hypothetically.
          Snowball liked this.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
          What other pieces do you have to get him? I chose Lundkvist because I thought he was the most reasonable out of them all. All the other prospects below him would be of little interest.

Pavelski is playing like one of the best RW in the league right now, he’s not gonna be cheap to have hypothetically.

Simple we don’t trade for him then.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.

He’s top 15 in points in the league, for perspective Giroux is 64th, he’s not going to be cheap, he’s about the only player available in the top 50 points leaders in the NHL ( known to be available) only other is JT Miller and he’s reportedly off the table now and the price for him is double that of Pavs because he has a year left in contract .

So ask is not unbelievable by any means and he even said DAL could add a small piece to level it out which makes that trade VErY even for both sides
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
          Jinx god
          Simple we don’t trade for him then.

Fine by me, he’s probably not being moved anyways.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:40 a.m.
          He’s top 15 in points in the league, for perspective Giroux is 64th, he’s not going to be cheap, he’s about the only player available in the top 50 points leaders in the NHL ( known to be available) only other is JT Miller and he’s reportedly off the table now and the price for him is double that of Pavs because he has a year left in contract .

So ask is not unbelievable by any means and he even said DAL could add a small piece to level it out which makes that trade VErY even for both sides

I have no interest in adding a 37 year old regardless of how well they’re playing and giving up a 21 year old potential top 4 d man to do it. If I move him, I’d want someone closer in age that can be on the team for more than a few months, not someone close to retirement.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
          I have no interest in adding a 37 year old regardless of how well they’re playing and giving up a 21 year old potential top 4 d man to do it. If I move him, I’d want someone closer in age that can be on the team for more than a few months, not someone close to retirement.[/quote

Perfect let NYR and MTL make deals that won’t amount to anything then
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:45 a.m.

None of these trades amount to much. There’s only one cup winner each year. How many teams waste multiple young assets and picks and never get close to winning. Excuse me for not wanting to see the team I cheer for waste assets on a 37 year old.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:49 a.m.
          None of these trades amount to much. There’s only one cup winner each year. How many teams waste multiple young assets and picks and never get close to winning. Excuse me for not wanting to see the team I cheer for waste assets on a 37 year old.

Your team is literally looking to trade for Chariot, want to talk about wasted trades that never get a team close to winning, I’m totally down.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
          Your team is literally looking to trade for Chariot, want to talk about wasted trades that never get a team close to winning, I’m totally down.

Yeah I don’t agree with that either. The whole notion that they’re a trade or two away from a cup is beyond stupid. It’s honest insane, but what can I do I’m not the GM. Simply stating my opinion that I don’t think it’s a smart move for the team. Don’t have to agree with me or like it.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
          Yeah I don’t agree with that either. The whole notion that they’re a trade or two away from a cup is beyond stupid. It’s honest insane, but what can I do I’m not the GM. Simply stating my opinion that I don’t think it’s a smart move for the team. Don’t have to agree with me or like it.

Yup I agree, doesn’t make much sense, none of these 4 teams should probably make a trade like this but it happens and if it’s going to happen I believe it’s going to be one of these teams.

If I was you I’d be a lot more concerned with NYr-MTL, supposedly rumored something like Lundkvist, Kravtsov, 2nd to MTl for Chariot and Lehkonen. Some have goalie going to MtL but I don’t see that at all with all the unknowns they have right now with that position but if I was a rangers fan that trade scares me a lot more then a pavelski trade
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
          Yup I agree, doesn’t make much sense, none of these 4 teams should probably make a trade like this but it happens and if it’s going to happen I believe it’s going to be one of these teams.

If I was you I’d be a lot more concerned with NYr-MTL, supposedly rumored something like Lundkvist, Kravtsov, 2nd to MTl for Chariot and Lehkonen. Some have goalie going to MtL but I don’t see that at all with all the unknowns they have right now with that position but if I was a rangers fan that trade scares me a lot more then a pavelski trade

Honestly at this point if they do something stupid I hope they don’t win because it’s this same mentality that caused this rebuild in the 2010’s, where they just dump prospects and picks.
          Feb. 18, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
          Honestly at this point if they do something stupid I hope they don’t win because it’s this same mentality that caused this rebuild in the 2010’s, where they just dump prospects and picks.

Yup I agree, they need to maybe make some layers moves that don’t eat much or any cap space, and worry about either resigning Strome or finding a replacement for him in the off season, they need to have some communication with him, figure out what he wants for a deal and decide if they’re going to do it or not, if not would be wise to make a trade involving him to get something they want for a roster player this year and make a bigger push next year

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll