SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

April Top 100 Prospects Ranking

Apr. 16, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: yikes
If we included goalies - Wallstedt is my number 1.
No contest, I’m putting Wallstedt 1st on this list.

Even over Power? He’s be top 10 east but he’s not quite better than Power.
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 17, 2022 at 11:45 a.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Edited Apr. 17, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Even over Power? He’s be top 10 east but he’s not quite better than Power.

I think Power will be a top4 mainstay with #1 upside, but I think Wallstedt is a starter with franchise level upside.
No one in the 2021 class has the potential that Wallstedt has.

In terms of pure ceiling in my eyes from 2021:

Wallstedt - 1 (no contest)
Eklund - 2/3
Clarke - 3/2
Powers - 4

Coronato/ Guenther are two names I have high hopes for as well.

Does not mean that I think Powers will "easily be worse" then Wallstedt, because Powers is such a great piece that Buffalo should have zero regrets with their selection, but I think if (key word, IF) both players reached their full potential; Wallstedt beats everyone from 2021. Now Powers is already an NHL player as a third pair guy, dont rush him and let him develop. Whereas Wallstedt may take more time and patience/ proper development.

I woulda considered Wallstedt inside the top 5 and the fact he fell to 20's is a joke, because Minnesota could have the best goalie/ prospect in the league and if I am KK97 I am excited to see the goalie come to the NA and work on joining my team.
Saskleaf and AndrewLadd liked this.
Apr. 17, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: yikes
I think Power will be a top4 mainstay with #1 upside, but I think Wallstedt is a starter with franchise level upside.
No one in the 2021 class has the potential that Wallstedt has.

In terms of pure ceiling in my eyes from 2021:

Wallstedt - 1 (no contest)
Eklund - 2/3
Clarke - 3/2
Powers - 4

Coronato/ Guenther are two names I have high hopes for as well.

Does not mean that I think Powers will "easily be worse" then Wallstedt, because Powers is such a great piece that Buffalo should have zero regrets with their selection, but I think if (key word, IF) both players reached their full potential; Wallstedt beats everyone from 2021. Now Powers is already an NHL player as a third pair guy, dont rush him and let him develop. Whereas Wallstedt may take more time and patience/ proper development.

I woulda considered Wallstedt inside the top 5 and the fact he fell to 20's is a joke, because Minnesota could have the best goalie/ prospect in the league and if I am KK97 I am excited to see the goalie come to the NA and work on joining my team.

No that seems like a fair analysis to me.
yikes liked this.
Apr. 17, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
LeafsStars
Edited May 13, 2022 at 4:01 a.m.
Hughes too high, Johnston too low
Lenny7 and Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 30, 2022 at 4:17 p.m.
mokumboi
Good stuff. For me, Marchenko, Bolduc and Broberg are too low. And Dickinson was probably only like the 6th or 7th best Blues prospect before getting injured. Robertsson or maybe Hofer would be their #3 prospect right now, and either would be fine at about where Dickinson is listed.

Edit: Oh, now I see you have not put any goalies on the list. Because this is skaters only or because you don't think any goalies make the top 100?
capsfan2121 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2022 at 6:38 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Good stuff. For me, Marchenko, Bolduc and Broberg are too low. And Dickinson was probably only like the 6th or 7th best Blues prospect before getting injured. Robertsson or maybe Hofer would be their #3 prospect right now, and either would be fine at about where Dickinson is listed.

Edit: Oh, now I see you have not put any goalies on the list. Because this is skaters only or because you don't think any goalies make the top 100?

Oh Goalies would've definitely made the Top 100. But I think it's too hard to compare them with skaters. I just really like Dickinson so he made it ahead of Robertsson.
capsfan2121 and mokumboi liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll