Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jun. 15, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

do you guys have a date for free agency?

Not yet. Rules and details need to be discussed

ok
Jun. 15, 2017 at 11:04 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I should have some time tomorrow to get a final proposal together.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 12:51 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Jun. 16, 2017 at 1:06 a.m.
Buyout issues from real life transactions.

1. Players on your roster that are bought out in real life "disappear".
2. Players that are no longer on your roster (via trade) that are bought out in real life, appear as buyouts on their original roster.

So in my case:
1. Matt Greene has vanished from my roster. I can't add him back by signing him from the UFA pool to his original contract. Looks like created player is necessary.
2. Beauchemin has re-appeared on my roster as a buyout. Since he's a 35+ contract, I'm paying $4.5M for a player that I don't own. This one is more complicated to adjust for. All I can think of right now is adding a note to my roster that my cap hit is $4.5M less than what is shown.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 1:07 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: ricochetii

2. Players that are no longer on your roster (via trade) that are bought out in real life, appear as buyouts on their original roster.

So in my case:
1. Matt Greene has vanished from my roster. I can't add him back by signing him from the UFA pool to his original contract. Looks like created player is necessary.
2. Beauchemin has re-appeared on my roster as a buyout. Since he's a 35+ contract, I'm paying $4.5M for a player that I don't own. This one is more complicated to adjust for. All I can think of right now is adding a note to my roster that my cap hit is $4.5M less than what is shown.

Just added the Simon Despres buyout to the site. Please adjust your rosters accordingly.
Jdp and ricochetii liked this.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Jarvis

So in my case:

Just added the Simon Despres buyout to the site. Please adjust your rosters accordingly.

Thanks. Now that we are aware of the issue, we'll be able to keep track, but appreciate the heads up anyway. smile

While you're here, any ideas I'm not thinking of for the 2nd issue? (A way to remove a buyout from a roster somehow?)
Jun. 16, 2017 at 2:02 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

Thanks. Now that we are aware of the issue, we'll be able to keep track, but appreciate the heads up anyway. smile

While you're here, any ideas I'm not thinking of for the 2nd issue? (A way to remove a buyout from a roster somehow?)

Teams that had a buyout appear could possibly go above the cap by the buyout caphit. Just have a note

Or possibly create a player and place him on LTIR rookie mode for the cap relief.
ricochetii liked this.
Jun. 16, 2017 at 2:13 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Jun. 16, 2017 at 2:33 p.m.

Teams that had a buyout appear could possibly go above the cap by the buyout caphit. Just have a note

Or possibly create a player and place him on LTIR rookie mode for the cap relief.

Thanks. First solution seems to be the only thing I can come up with as well.
I'll try out the created cap relief, but I think that's just going to take off the created player's original salary.

EDIT:
Creating a player doesn't work. Would have to be able to add a player with a negative salary.
Cancelling all trades involving that player does not put him back on your roster.
Cancelling trades involving that player and then re-signing him puts him back on your roster, but does not cancel the buyout.
Trading or LTIR does not cancel the buyout.
Attempting to buy the player out again does nothing and just leaves the duplicate player on your roster.
Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:02 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Just a heads up- Mike Smith's cap hit will be affected after being 25% retained in todays trade.
Turner33, ricochetii, jmac490 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:08 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Just a heads up- Mike Smith's cap hit will be affected after being 25% retained in todays trade.

Thanks again. smile

At least he's a manageable asset that can be removed and replaced with a created player to fix his current cap hit.
Edit: I checked and the system doesn't limit retained salary transactions, so his retention will look weird, but won't affect anything.
Jun. 17, 2017 at 3:34 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

Thanks again. smile

At least he's a manageable asset that can be removed and replaced with a created player to fix his current cap hit.
Edit: I checked and the system doesn't limit retained salary transactions, so his retention will look weird, but won't affect anything.

perfect!
Jun. 18, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
i've been really busy lately, and am still busy right now ... are there any GM changes i need to make?
Jun. 18, 2017 at 5:03 p.m.
i've been really busy lately, and am still busy right now ... are there any GM changes i need to make?

Nope, were there to be any Id notify you
Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Is the limit on the amount of retained salaries allowed 3 like in the actual NHL or are we ignoring this rule?
Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:16 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: JT_Miller
Is the limit on the amount of retained salaries allowed 3 like in the actual NHL or are we ignoring this rule?

It's 3 (that was already discussed before), but due to some IRL transactions affecting the number of retained salaries on a team, we'll have to "ignore" those and it may make more than 3 appear on a team.

Arizona would be able to show 4 such transactions, because IRL Arizona retained 25% on Mike Smith, for example. It's something that will have to be kept track of ourselves since the capfriendly roster updates are affecting our GM Game rosters unintentionally.
Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:56 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Quoting: JT_Miller

It's 3 (that was already discussed before), but due to some IRL transactions affecting the number of retained salaries on a team, we'll have to "ignore" those and it may make more than 3 appear on a team.

Arizona would be able to show 4 such transactions, because IRL Arizona retained 25% on Mike Smith, for example. It's something that will have to be kept track of ourselves since the capfriendly roster updates are affecting our GM Game rosters unintentionally.

I know it was already decided before, I just didn't remember the decision. Thanks for the refresher
Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:48 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Nope, were there to be any Id notify you

k thanks
Jun. 20, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go
For your consideration

Making progress on UFA system, so we need to start working out some things.
This is the next item that should be on the agenda:

1. Waivers https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gkPBr6m1I-ZxQ27CiL3EJZ_Pw86cfDSD0WCHWVOs1VA/edit?usp=sharing
Waiver order according to 2nd round draft rankings (non-lottery round). Waiver order will be used for waiver claims, UFA tiebreaker, or any other situation where there is competition for a player's services.
- When more than one team has equal right to a player, the team with higher priority may evoke their waiver priority to break the tie. If the team with the highest priority chooses not to evoke their waiver priority, the option is given to the team with the next highest priority.
- If no team evokes waiver priority, the player goes to the team with the highest priority and does not cost them their position in the waiver order.
- When a team evokes waiver priority, they win the claim and are moved to the end of the waiver priority list.
Players submitted to waivers may not be withdrawn or traded until they have cleared waivers.
There will be separate threads for waiver submissions and waiver claims. Posts made in the wrong thread will be invalid.

2. Buyouts
Prior to free agency, teams will have the option of buying out players. You may not have more than 3 buyouts on your roster, so previously existing buyouts will count towards this limit. However, players who were bought out after the current season ended, will not count towards your roster. This is due to how Capfriendly manages rosters and will be adjusted when we calculate the free agency budget for each team.
Buyouts that show as $0 are still active and will count towards your limit of 3.

- Teams will place up to 3 players on waivers for the purpose of a buyout. All teams will have the option of claiming these players, with no compensation to their current team.
- In order to claim a player, you will have to evoke your waiver priority, regardless of whether there is another team competing for that player's services, but only the team which successfully claims the player will end up using their waiver priority.
- Claimed players will be traded to their new team for free and will not need to be bought out. They will retain their current contract terms (AAV and Term).
- Unclaimed players may then be bought out as normal on their rosters and will be added to the free agent pool.
- There will be a separate thread for official buyouts after the waiver period has ended. Only players that were previously passed through waivers will be eligible.
- This will be the only buyout period before free agency.

-----------------------------------

Waiver Submissions Thread

Deadline to place players on waivers for buyout purposes: ???
Waiver Order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gkPBr6m1I-ZxQ27CiL3EJZ_Pw86cfDSD0WCHWVOs1VA/edit?usp=sharing
To claim a player: (Link to waiver claims thread)

You may submit a maximum of 3 players. These are players you are willing to release for free to another team. Do not submit a player you do not want to lose for nothing.
Once you have placed a player on waivers, all other teams have until (deadline) to place a claim on that player.
Only players that have been submitted to waivers will be eligible to be bought out before free agency.

Example:

Colorado
Matt Greene (RD): $2.5M x 1 year
Antti Niemi (G): $4.5M x 1 year
Andrew MacDonald (LD): $4.25M x 3 years

--------------

Waiver Claims Thread

Deadline to place a claim on a player: ???
Waiver Order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gkPBr6m1I-ZxQ27CiL3EJZ_Pw86cfDSD0WCHWVOs1VA/edit?usp=sharing
Players on waivers: (Link to waiver submissions thread)

You may submit a claim for a player in this thread. Post your team name and that you are making a claim, the player's current team, name, position, and contract. You can copy/paste this information from the waiver submissions post(s).

Example:

Columbus places a claim on ...
Colorado
Andrew MacDonald (LD): $4.25M x 3 years

At the deadline for claims, teams will be awarded the player(s) they have placed a claim on according to waiver priority order.
Once a team has successfully claimed a player, they will be moved to the end of the order.

Waiver claims and winners will be announced by the BOG once they have been finalized.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.
Banned
Can you guys take a look at my page and tell phillyjabroni to not do what he did? Really pisses me off when he belittles others like this. My little brother gets bullied and I hate when he calls me and tells me about what people say to him, so this really rubs me the wrong way. He's actually helped me with the team now that I've become the head GM, so I'm here to have fun with my little bro and share some memories with him. When he saw what philly wrote I could tell he was upset, like he was experiencing just another bully at school. So please tell him to knock it off, because it's not cool at all
Jdp liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:33 p.m.
If you feel like someone is breaking the Zero Tolerance Policy, the place to express that is the GM Game Infraction Reporting Thread
Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:57 p.m.
BOG, we discussed this on Twitter but we have to do this officially I guess?

MatthewsMarnerNylander has submitted an infraction report to the BOG:
Quoting: MatthewsMarnerNylander
I request that you guys take a look at what phillyjabroni said on my page saying that my "evaluation of players is pure BS" (post #341)

This is a violation of the Infraction Policy we had made. Phillyjabroni has not received any BOG infractions to date. This infraction would place him on Step 1 of the Infraction Policy and he would be given an official warning.

Vote to place phillyjabroni on Step 1, 1-0 in favour
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:02 p.m.
Go Jackets
BOG, we discussed this on Twitter but we have to do this officially I guess?

MatthewsMarnerNylander has submitted an infraction report to the BOG:
I request that you guys take a look at what phillyjabroni said on my page saying that my "evaluation of players is pure BS" (post #341)

This is a violation of the Infraction Policy we had made. Phillyjabroni has not received any BOG infractions to date. This infraction would place him on Step 1 of the Infraction Policy and he would be given an official warning.

Vote to place phillyjabroni on Step 1, 1-0 in favour

2-0 in favor of being on step 1 infraction.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Banned
If I may interject, it seemed like more than a level 1. It says level 1 is a "minor sarcastic comment". Saying that my personal evaluation is complete BS definitely seems like a level 3 or 4 in my opinion.
Duster liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:13 p.m.
If I may interject, it seemed like more than a level 1. It says level 1 is a "minor sarcastic comment". Saying that my personal evaluation is complete BS definitely seems like a level 3 or 4 in my opinion.

The BOG will decide the outcome of the Infraction. Interjections are not asked for unless wanted. We've heard your point, this is now a BOG matter
phillyjabroni liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:22 p.m.

The BOG will decide the outcome of the Infraction. Interjections are not asked for unless wanted. We've heard your point, this is now a BOG matter

3-0 on Step 1 infraction

Also nice amount of posts you got there MMN.
nobody liked this.
Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: matt59

Infraction Levels:

1.) Posted Warning on GM team's thread from a BOG member. After 15 days of good behavior, level 1 infractions are cleared.
2.) 24 roster freeze/ cool down period where the offending GM is not allowed to make trades, trade offers, or free agency bids. The offending GM is essentially isolated from the game for a full day, with the purpose being to reflect upon their actions and change their ways. This doesn't hurt the team for future GMs and keeps the game-wide disruption to a smaller scale instead of draft pick loss. After the cool-down period, the Level one infraction remains for 15 days.
3.) Demotion to an AGM position. Can be promoted back to GM if good behavior over a long period of time (at discretion of BOG) is shown.
4.) Removal from the GM Game

Infractions will result from any of the following below:

1.) Minor sarcastic comments with the intent to hurt other GM's
2.) Minor harassment towards another GM; Example: (this trade gives me AIDs.)
3.) Language towards another GM; Example: (were your feelings hurt snowflake?)
4.) General rudeness towards another GM (under the discretion of the BOGs)

The second part numbers aren't supposed to correspond to each level of infraction. They were intended to list off what would be considered an infraction for each occurrence.
nobody and phillyjabroni liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll