Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:35 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
Yeah we can definitely hold a Kovalchuk vote soon. I won't be back until 1-2 because I have work this morning but I'll try and touch up with topics by then.

Other things that are now on the agenda post expansion: free agency, Russian Free agents and how to do bidding on that, and finally cleaning up some of these threads... cause a lot of the community threads are very yucky.

Vegas is good and done, so I'm going to lift the roster freeze.

1. New BOG member.
2. Entry Draft.
3. Free Agency (including KHL, released RFA's, and buyouts)

Now this is something that we can potentially handle quickly and easily, and falls separate from other issues.
Kovalchuk is unique as Jersey owns his rights and he would be technically coming back from retirement.
He can only sign with NJ. His rights can't be traded. So there is no competing bid to set a price.
That makes him a cross between an RFA and a Jagr/Radulov.

My opinion is NJ is allowed to sign him for 1 year @ $6M
That is between his previous NHL salary and the most recent high profile Russian signing, Radulov.
It's also been fairly standard to sign these types of players to 1 year contracts at first.

Any difference of opinion?
Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:41 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: ricochetii
Yeah we can definitely hold a Kovalchuk vote soon. I won't be back until 1-2 because I have work this morning but I'll try and touch up with topics by then.

Other things that are now on the agenda post expansion: free agency, Russian Free agents and how to do bidding on that, and finally cleaning up some of these threads... cause a lot of the community threads are very yucky.

1. New BOG member.
2. Entry Draft.

Now this is something that we can potentially handle quickly and easily, and falls separate from other issues.
Kovalchuk is unique as Jersey owns his rights and he would be technically coming back from retirement.
He can only sign with NJ. His rights can't be traded. So there is no competing bid to set a price.

That is between his previous NHL salary and the most recent high profile Russian signing, Radulov.
It's also been fairly standard to sign these types of players to 1 year contracts at first.

Nope, all sounds good to me.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:44 a.m.
Habs fan French
Quoting: Zach

1. New BOG member.
2. Entry Draft.

In the real life kovalchuk will not goimg to NJ
Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:47 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: plNHL

Where did you hear this? Is there a link you can post to show your source?
Apr. 30, 2017 at 9:52 a.m.
Habs fan French
Quoting: plNHL

Where did you hear this? Is there a link you can post to show your source?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ilya-kovalchuk-wants-return-nhl/
Jdp and Zach liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 10:20 a.m.
BreKel

1. New BOG member.
2. Entry Draft.

This looks good. First off on a new BoG member, should we post a thread (that can be deleted) to see who is interested in the spot? If we get a crazy amount of interest, maybe we as a board vote on the top 3-5 choices (because if every remaining GM wants to be on it, then we'll have an issue).

We can vote on the choices (if needed) by taking into account:
1.) Activity in the GM Game; being on a lot, having ideas to help make it better.
2.) Maturity
3.) Longevity in the Game (members who express interest that have been here since day 1 should be given more of a look than ones who have been in it for 2 weeks).

On the draft, I posted an early write up of what I would like. Maybe we could re-visit that and discuss. I know a few people liked the idea of it and such. On Free Agency, I'm going to have to really read up on it, but I have no issues with KHL players and such. On Kovalchuk, I have no issue if NJD wants to sign him and then be able to trade him.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 10:25 a.m.
Go Habs Go

That doesn't say anything about him not wanting to sign with Jersey. Regardless the only way he will be allowed back into the NHL is if he signs a contract with NJ. Sign and trade is possible, but he still has to sign with NJ first.
Zach liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 10:26 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan

That doesn't say anything about him not wanting to sign with Jersey. Regardless the only way he will be allowed back into the NHL is if he signs a contract with NJ. Sign and trade is possible, but he still has to sign with NJ first.

True, hey Rico, check your page.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: BreKel

1. New BOG member.
2. Entry Draft.

This looks good. First off on a new BoG member, should we post a thread (that can be deleted) to see who is interested in the spot? If we get a crazy amount of interest, maybe we as a board vote on the top 3-5 choices (because if every remaining GM wants to be on it, then we'll have an issue).

We can vote on the choices (if needed) by taking into account:
1.) Activity in the GM Game; being on a lot, having ideas to help make it better.
2.) Maturity
3.) Longevity in the Game (members who express interest that have been here since day 1 should be given more of a look than ones who have been in it for 2 weeks).

On the draft, I posted an early write up of what I would like. Maybe we could re-visit that and discuss. I know a few people liked the idea of it and such. On Free Agency, I'm going to have to really read up on it, but I have no issues with KHL players and such. On Kovalchuk, I have no issue if NJD wants to sign him and then be able to trade him.

I'll post on the rest later, you'll have to point us to what your are talking about for the draft.

We do however have three in agreement for NJ to give Kovalchuk a deal for 1 year @$6M.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 11:26 a.m.
BreKel
NHL Entry Draft 2017

1.) We do it one week before the actual NHL entry draft. Marco brought up a great point. Why do it so much earlier? I see his point on wanting to just get it done b/c people want the excitement and something to do. Maybe people can use the extra time to do the research on players. We want this as realistic as possible right? If you do it a week before, that gives everyone ample time to do their research and prepare for it.

2.) Full 7 rounds. Part of the fun of the draft is doing the research and scouting and trying to find the next guy. Not all superstars come from the early part of the draft. The ones who want to do the research and 'scout' are the ones who will find the potential hidden gems in the later rounds. And also, people are trading later round picks for pieces and such. It should be a full draft so everyone can use the picks they acquired.

3.) A "Trade Freeze" 3 days prior to the draft. This will probably be controversial as real NHL teams can make trades during the draft. My way of thinking is that you make all the trades you want before it starts, but eventually we're going to need to take a step back and see which teams have changed draft picks, moved out of rounds, etc. etc. Because we will need to set the order of picks. Even if the "freeze" is lifted once the draft starts, I think it would be beneficial to at least freeze everyone for a little bit of time before it starts.

4.) I prefer an official entry draft thread be set up by either a commisioner, or someone who is in charge of it. Maybe we could elect someone to be the designated Draft person. The one who sets it up and such and edits the main post with team picks. With this every team will need to provide a list of their owned draft picks in either a designated thread for it, or their own team threads. From there, someone is going to have to do the dirty work and set up the Round 1-7 with the right teams.

5.) Teams will be designated a certain amount of time for picks. After they make the selection, they post it in the actual draft thread, and will need to let the team behind them know they're up. They can do this in the team's main GM thread. We would have to figure out a way to auto-select if someone misses though.

This was my post for a possible Entry Draft guideline....Obviously, it can be added to and made better.
F50marco, jmac490, matt59 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 2:38 p.m.
Go Jackets
Ok trying to get up to speed here. Re: seventh board member, Jmac, Turner, and JT_Miller all got six votes on the original vote. Maybe just have a runoff between all three, whoever gets most votes in the poll becomes seventh member?

I like the entry draft idea, but I think we should start it a week or two earlier and let each round take a day or two so each team can find the pick it wants to. Then it would still end a week before the real life draft. Also, I'm excited to get to free agency already since I plan on being pretty active ?
DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 2:44 p.m.
Sorry for commenting in here as I'm not a BoG but just really wanted to express my interest in having the draft span a 2 month period for 2 rounds with a draft pick a day being the case, that way it can give teams time to adjust to the players available and trade up or down if they wish to do so. Also agree that 7 rounds would be a good idea, though it might be tough I think it's most authentic.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Sorry for commenting in here as I'm not a BoG but just really wanted to express my interest in having the draft span a 2 month period for 2 rounds with a draft pick a day being the case, that way it can give teams time to adjust to the players available and trade up or down if they wish to do so. Also agree that 7 rounds would be a good idea, though it might be tough I think it's most authentic.

That'd be fun but it'd take forever lol. I was thinking something more along the lines of 1 pick per hour for 15 hours in a day (8AM to 11PM maybe). Maybe go 7AM to 11PM every other day in order to get each round done in two days.
Then we can go a full 7 rounds.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 3:09 p.m.

That'd be fun but it'd take forever lol. I was thinking something more along the lines of 1 pick per hour for 15 hours in a day (8AM to 11PM maybe). Maybe go 7AM to 11PM every other day in order to get each round done in two days.

Right right. Could do 1st round over a 31 day period starting next week then designate a day where we can rip through rounds 2-7. Just thinking its tough to get everyone who isn't as active on here to all be on at the same time or within that period. I'm just thinking that by spreading it over a period of time, it will consume this period of time between playoffs and Free Agency. Just a thought though
Apr. 30, 2017 at 3:21 p.m.
Go Jackets

Right right. Could do 1st round over a 31 day period starting next week then designate a day where we can rip through rounds 2-7. Just thinking its tough to get everyone who isn't as active on here to all be on at the same time or within that period. I'm just thinking that by spreading it over a period of time, it will consume this period of time between playoffs and Free Agency. Just a thought though

We could have people submit their lists of who they'd take, and then just use those if they can't do the time slot
Apr. 30, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
Ok trying to get up to speed here. Re: seventh board member, Jmac, Turner, and JT_Miller all got six votes on the original vote. Maybe just have a runoff between all three, whoever gets most votes in the poll becomes seventh member?

I like the entry draft idea, but I think we should start it a week or two earlier and let each round take a day or two so each team can find the pick it wants to. Then it would still end a week before the real life draft. Also, I'm excited to get to free agency already since I plan on being pretty active ?

Best suggestion for Bog...as long as Dirty Dangles still didn't have time...Throw it up with these three and get it done...no need to draw it out.
matt59 liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.
I hate to bug you guys but I see there are three votes on the Kovalchuck decision, just want to know soon so I can make a decision about trading my first
Apr. 30, 2017 at 6:05 p.m.
Banned
If rangersfan comments on one more god damn trade that he wasn't involved in, we should hold a vote for complete removal from the game.

If he wants to comment on trades then he can go back to the armchair section.
Jdp and DirtyRebound liked this.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 6:35 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: DirtyDangles
If rangersfan comments on one more god damn trade that he wasn't involved in, we should hold a vote for complete removal from the game.

Any thoughts on joining the BOG, or is it still not a good idea for you?
Apr. 30, 2017 at 6:41 p.m.
Banned

I would love to but I just don't have the time unfortunately.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I would love to but I just don't have the time unfortunately.

Okay. Just wanted to be sure before we moved on. I nominated you because we often have different opinions, but can disagree and still manage to have a civil conversation. Sticking Out Tongue
Apr. 30, 2017 at 6:57 p.m.
Go Jackets
Edited Apr. 30, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Should we move on with the immediate runoff election of Turner, JT and Jmac? I can make the thread if needed.

Also we need to start cleaning out threads and do it now. There's just too many old ones.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 7:22 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Should we move on with the immediate runoff election of Turner, JT and Jmac? I can make the thread if needed.

Also we need to start cleaning out threads and do it now. There's just too many old ones.

Yes to the election.
Post links to pointless threads in here for review? Some have some ideas that we may need to look back at for UFA and draft and such.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 7:24 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Yes to the election.
Post links to pointless threads in here for review? Some have some ideas that we may need to look back at for UFA and draft and such.

I would also like to see 13 GMs in favor to remove a BOG member rule. I don't want the BOG to have the ability to vote out someone they simply disagree with. (Not that anyone here would, but I want it to be future proof and work for other groups.) That's a majority of the 24 non-BOG GM's. BOG members wouldn't participate in such a vote.
Apr. 30, 2017 at 7:26 p.m.
Go Jackets

Yes to the election.

I would also like to see 13 GMs in favor to remove a BOG member rule. I don't want the BOG to have the ability to vote out someone they simply disagree with. (Not that anyone here would, but I want it to be future proof and work for other groups.) That's a majority of the 24 non-BOG GM's. BOG members wouldn't participate in such a vote.

Ok i'll post election thread first. Then I'll post some links I think we should get rid of in here and we can decide on them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll