Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
May 27, 2017 at 10:58 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
mhockey91 and I have an agreement on a trade. We are friends outside of the website and talked about it over text and in person. He doesn't have the page up for Buffalo and it involves his 1st round this year which is due around 5 or something. Should we put the trade through or wait till his page up. Mind you he isn't up and won't be up till around 2ish

Preferably wait until his page is up and running. 2+ hours is more than enough time to make a pick I think
May 27, 2017 at 12:57 p.m.
Go Habs Go
mhockey91 and I have an agreement on a trade. We are friends outside of the website and talked about it over text and in person. He doesn't have the page up for Buffalo and it involves his 1st round this year which is due around 5 or something. Should we put the trade through or wait till his page up. Mind you he isn't up and won't be up till around 2ish

Also, since you're close enough, if he is short on time and can't get his team up before his turn to select, you can get him to select the player you want and then just process the trade for that player once he is set up.

Should have plenty of time regardless. Please tell him to give us the new link when he does have his page up.
May 27, 2017 at 3:28 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
when can we sign draft picks
May 27, 2017 at 3:32 p.m.
Go Jackets
when can we sign draft picks

You can sign them now. Please see the post in the important info thread about how to sign your draft picks.
May 27, 2017 at 6:23 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
The Leafs GM has not been active since late Monday night/early Tuesday morning
May 27, 2017 at 6:31 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: F50marco
Quoting: ricochetii

He was trying to acquire an AGM, not sure if he was successful or that AGM ended up being active? I've been kind of focused on other areas.

Yup he has been warned previously also. Although since then his activity has been decent. This past week has been a little long but on average he was on more than sabresfan915 was.

I think another warning is due if anything. Maybe not a replacement just yet. As for Asst GM's, I think the importance was to help facilitate the necessary functions of the GM but if the GM is going to be inactive as he would be anyway, than nothing really changes. Because the AGM would have limited power. I think some GM's need full CO GM'ship of their teams. Toronto could be one of those teams as was Buffalo. (Although sabresfan915 seems to be alright with the asst GM position which i think he would be better suited with his available time)

In all honesty, I've checked all the other teams. Only sabresfan915 and Bman1004 seem to be the ones that don't meet the activity/engagement threshold......

Post #1402 and onward, page 57.

We might be forced to act again. I would suggest if he misses his pick that we consider replacing him. He has kept to minimum activity for a long time and was almost removed once. He made a brief attempt to acquire an assistant, but apparently didn't follow through with that. Previous warnings don't seem to have resulted in any change.
May 27, 2017 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Yup he has been warned previously also. Although since then his activity has been decent. This past week has been a little long but on average he was on more than sabresfan915 was.

I think another warning is due if anything. Maybe not a replacement just yet. As for Asst GM's, I think the importance was to help facilitate the necessary functions of the GM but if the GM is going to be inactive as he would be anyway, than nothing really changes. Because the AGM would have limited power. I think some GM's need full CO GM'ship of their teams. Toronto could be one of those teams as was Buffalo. (Although sabresfan915 seems to be alright with the asst GM position which i think he would be better suited with his available time)

In all honesty, I've checked all the other teams. Only sabresfan915 and Bman1004 seem to be the ones that don't meet the activity/engagement threshold......

Post #1402 and onward, page 57.

We might be forced to act again. I would suggest if he misses his pick that we consider replacing him. He has kept to minimum activity for a long time and was almost removed once. He made a brief attempt to acquire an assistant, but apparently didn't follow through with that. Previous warnings don't seem to have resulted in any change.

Yup. I fully expected him to come on for the draft but nothing. Nada. Im ok with a full replacement.
May 27, 2017 at 6:48 p.m.
Go Jackets
If we're voting on whether or not to appoint a new head GM of the leafs soon I suggest we do that. Similar situation to what we did in Buffalo.
Jdp liked this.
May 27, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: matt59
If we're voting on whether or not to appoint a new head GM of the leafs soon I suggest we do that. Similar situation to what we did in Buffalo.

Same here.
May 27, 2017 at 7:54 p.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/338916 new buffalo team. pretty sure I did this right
May 27, 2017 at 7:54 p.m.
Banned
I'm not sure how you guys decide on who replaces a GM, but if there's an opening for the Leafs I'd be really interested. I can definitely be on multiple times a day, I just don't since the head GM in Tampa doesn't really seem open to making any trades right now
May 27, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: MatthewsMarnerNylander
I'm not sure how you guys decide on who replaces a GM, but if there's an opening for the Leafs I'd be really interested. I can definitely be on multiple times a day, I just don't since the head GM in Tampa doesn't really seem open to making any trades right now

I was definitely thinking you'd be a good candidate for the job
May 27, 2017 at 8:20 p.m.
Banned

I was definitely thinking you'd be a good candidate for the job

Awesome. Now I'm anxious lol
May 27, 2017 at 8:26 p.m.
Banned
So how do you guys decide on who takes his role?
May 27, 2017 at 9:13 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: mhockey91
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/338916 new buffalo team. pretty sure I did this right

I think you're good. Welcome officially this time. smile
Might take a bit for the mods to move your team over and sticky it, so make sure the last post in the old Buffalo thread has the link to your new team for people to find it.

So how do you guys decide on who takes his role?

We'll discuss it over the next day or so.
May 27, 2017 at 9:59 p.m.
Go Jackets
Just wanted to let you guys know, I'll be on tomorrow morning, but late in the afternoon and in the evening I'll be tied up with graduation. I may be able to get on once every hour or so but not much more than that.
May 27, 2017 at 10:26 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Just wanted to let you guys know, I'll be on tomorrow morning, but late in the afternoon and in the evening I'll be tied up with graduation. I may be able to get on once every hour or so but not much more than that.

No problemo. I think my schedule's pretty clear tomorrow. You going to be around to make Marco's pick for him in an hour if he's late? Or is his assistant around?
I expected to see him by now, perhaps trying to wheel and deal. Sticking Out Tongue
May 27, 2017 at 10:28 p.m.
Go Jackets

No problemo. I think my schedule's pretty clear tomorrow. You going to be around to make Marco's pick for him in an hour if he's late? Or is his assistant around?
I expected to see him by now, perhaps trying to wheel and deal. Sticking Out Tongue

Yeah I'll be on to cover Marcos pick on the tracker and let the next team know they're up smile
May 27, 2017 at 10:45 p.m.

Yeah I'll be on to cover Marcos pick on the tracker and let the next team know they're up smile

Gentleman. Me not make my pick? rolling eyes

The wifey had me a little.... ummmm... preoccupied. cool
May 27, 2017 at 10:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I'm on my way out for at least 30 minutes or so, I spotted Bman as I was leaving and sent him here.

Bman, your activity level is still questionable and you can read back a bit for some discussion we were having. If nothing gets resolved tonight, I hope we can catch up tomorrow.
May 27, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
Boo Hoo
I'm on my way out for at least 30 minutes or so, I spotted Bman as I was leaving and sent him here.

Bman, your activity level is still questionable and you can read back a bit for some discussion we were having. If nothing gets resolved tonight, I hope we can catch up tomorrow.

I was off for 2 days? I've been on steady for the past week and a half lol....
May 27, 2017 at 10:57 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Bman1004

We've changed the definition of "activity" a bit. Responding to offers is what we need to happen at least once every two days. Having sleeping offers just kills the game. And at least on a personal level, at least checking to see what offers are on your page at least once a day is preferable.
May 27, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
Boo Hoo
Quoting: Bman1004

We've changed the definition of "activity" a bit. Responding to offers is what we need to happen at least once every two days. Having sleeping offers just kills the game. And at least on a personal level, at least checking to see what offers are on your page at least once a day is preferable.

Thanks for telling me that the rules updated! That's been my game plan this whole time, wait a day to respond. Now regarding the draft. I'm guessing there's stuff I haven't done yet. What needs to happen with me?
May 27, 2017 at 11:04 p.m.
Go Jackets
Ok, so that rule change was more of an unofficial thing, but we've considered making it official recently. Also, Matthewsmarnernylander was inquiring on your job, if you'd like to take him as an assistant to at least field offers th at would be best for everyone I think.
Bman1004 liked this.
May 27, 2017 at 11:05 p.m.
Go Jackets
Did you post what picks you own in the 2017 draft yet? If not please do so in the Pick and Preference list thread. Also, look through the linked materials on the entry Draft Discussion page on page 1 of the thread.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll