Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: plNHL
where I can match signing

only to players that meet the proper guidelines...I haven't been able to find the document that has that listing of players that you can match. I would ask Rico to bump it.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 1:58 p.m.
Banned
Edited Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:03 p.m.
Hey Rico, quick question...does Dallas have 1st waiver priority on Calle Rosen?

Updated:
Never mind I think Vancouver does, the UFA Tracker sheet didn't have them on there because of alphabetical order.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:19 p.m.
get ur corsi up
To all BOG Members:

Outside of the GM Game there has been a common complaint floating around about the BOG's lack of consultation towards the public. While we appreciate all your hard work, and understand that it is your responsibility (not ours) to run this game, we feel as though often times non-BOG GM's are left in the dark. An example of this, is the new Removal Rule as the public's opinion was not asked for, and another example is the confusion and last minute decisions of FA, as many GM's feel they were left relatively uninformed.

As I said, we appreciate your commitment to the wellbeing of this game, and without you guys, this game could not function. However, I do not stand alone in asking that the BOG could give more of an effort in engaging the public by: 1. Putting more (not all) rule changes or discussion to public vote, and 2. Working on better communication with the public, with more regular updates on upcoming possible or inevitable changes.

Please recognize, that I am simply a messenger speaking of a larger body, and please recognize this is constructive criticism and is put towards you with no hostility or hard feelings whatsoever. If you could at least consider, and hopefully act to make this game more fun for all of us, that would be much appreciated.

- Thank you.
DirtyDangles, Calgary13, ricochetii and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:41 p.m.
Daryl, I do accept that sometimes our off-forum communication might be too much. However, that rule that was put in place all of a sudden (which, I didn't understand myself TBH Sticking Out Tongue) has been reverted.

As you have seen by the Info thread, I am regularly posting FA updates. I have told GMs to keep on checking that thread, I cannot control whether they choose to or not.

And as for those last minute FA decisions: again, I don't have control, over people who, decided not to give any input during the time we told people to give input; yet decided to give it all the day before FA. Nevertheless, those issues were then voted upon by the BOG in proper fashion, after consultation from non-BOG, and announced in the Info Thread, which is where all notices go.

I have tried to make as many notices as possible over the last little while to make sure everyone is clear on what is going on. If anyone is not clear: the official FA plan is in a thread, titled "Official FA plan". For how to format your list of what to do with players you own the rights to, I have posted how, what, and when to do that in the Info Thread.

There will be as many as 4 BOG openings by August 14th, so if you feel as though you can make the game better by serving on the BOG, I encourage whoever to do so, to run for it. Hopefully new voices will find a way to tackle our apparent inability to communicate properly smile

Thank you,
DavidBooth7 (on behalf of BOG)
Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:44 p.m.
I would like to nominate myself for the position of BOG.
nobody liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Aug. 5, 2017 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: plNHL
where I can match signing

See all bids on all players, including the highest. Main source of information.
UFA Master: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RPcKXxF2usLaDoiSpEBBZ_c6pxHwPjiwJnuVAnLjoo/edit?usp=sharing

Used by the BOG to determine Home team, matching %, order of bids, and ties.
UFA Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cbt7aGSZQE7DQ0J_B_wfyvhL9kCq1LFIhdlOMCV_5Xs/edit?usp=sharing

Used to track final contract signings. Not yet "official", but helps keep track and monitor your budget.
Signings Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing

List of players you are eligible to match bids on:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oc_THkeEuRyJ5OBxjAwt9AzNNIRCIKvGrQrmY7kh5_4/edit?usp=sharing

Quoting: Mr_cap
Hey Rico, have you gotten anything from zach (Carolina) on FA signings?

Not yet, no.

Quoting: DirtyDangles
Hey Rico, quick question...does Dallas have 1st waiver priority on Calle Rosen?

Updated:
Never mind I think Vancouver does, the UFA Tracker sheet didn't have them on there because of alphabetical order.

Yeah, there's at least a 6-way tie, and may be another team or two involved with him.
He'll have to be a special case and looked into when it's time to determine a winner.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
Banned
In my opinion if over half the BoG is quitting then the BoG should be abolished and a brand new BoG of 3 or 5 members should be voted in. Many of the current GMs in this game were not around when the current BoG was elected and a new BoG would be more reflective of the current game.

The BoG was initially installed to be the intermediary between the leagues GMs and the rules. GMs were supposed to have way more input in how the game is carried out than this current BoG has allowed for. The current BoG has enacted the "GM Removal Law" without a single thread or post discussing this with the league.
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:08 p.m.
Calgary13
I just want to preface this by saying this has nothing to do with how the BoG is run, or how people have acted or anything. This is strictly because of changes in general.

I think the we should do a complete re-vote of the BoG. Again, not because of anything negative, but simply because a lot of the original voters have left the game. I don't know the exact number of GM changes, but it feels like a little over a handful of GM's have left, and those GM's deserve the right to vote for who runs the league. Another reason I'm bringing this up, is because of what Booth said. If it's true, then 4 new spots are opening up on the BoG. That's over half of the BoG. I'm not saying it has to be done immediately or be dealt with now, but that a new vote should be put in place so that everyone new gets their voices heard.
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
Thank you for your concerns Dangles. First off, half the BOG is not quitting. I said "as many as" 4 members could leave. Also, the BOG was put in place to make decisions on behalf of the league. It is far too difficult to go around asking for every GMs input on everything. However, if you feel as though you can help the game, I strongly encourage you to run for the BOG.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: matt59
This thread is specifically for the seven elected members of the Board to discuss policy and vote on topics of conversation amongst themselves. If you are not on the board, please DO NOT post in this thread yet. We will debate whether it would be easier to create a separate "Suggestion Box for Board of GMs" where everyone can drop ideas, proposals, and grievances and everyone can debate the issues together. The other option is to just post the ideas on this thread, but ideally this thread will not be too cluttered such that it's difficult to find important discussion. The policy will be publicly announced in the Master Thread when it is decided upon. Thanks everyone!

The seven members of the Board are: ricochetii, matt59, F50marco, Mr_cap, Zach, rangersandislesfan, and BreKel

Quoting: ricochetii
It won't feel exclusionary either way. Everything we do is public for people to see any time they choose, so they shouldn't feel left out.
I've repeatedly stated that everyone is free to voice themselves and offer feedback.

We have a relatively calm weekend ahead of us to get organized, so once all of the BOG have their protected lists submitted, we can start forming an agenda and ticking items off.

These are the first 2 posts of the BoG thread. To me this shows what the BoG was supposed to be and has deviated from in a substantial way.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:31 p.m.
The problem is not with the bog, the problem is with everyone trying to undermine everything we do. It makes it all ******* pointless. I have actual children to deal with. I don't want to waste my time, as I already have. And I sure as **** don't want to deal with a bunch of grown ass ppl acting like children
nobody, LicMysak and Mr_cap liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:33 p.m.
The BOG was to keep everything out of public vote. We take things to vote that need to be. We've on many occasions asked for opinions. All is for the betterment of the game, at least what we think is best at that time. That's what we were put in place for!
nobody and LicMysak liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I feel everyone interested in a BOG position should apply for now and we have a more in-depth discussion in about a week's time.
That can include the number of members/positions/opening, and a refresher or mission statement for the BOG.
I agree there is room for improvement, but I don't want to distract from free agency right now.
Can we go another week where our focus is solely on free agency and leave anything else on the back burner for a new agenda afterwards?
Daryl liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:37 p.m.
Banned
Sorry but the "GM Removal Law" is the straw that broke the camels back. It seems like there was plenty of time to come up with that during FA
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I would like to nominate myself for the position of BOG.

Um... no.

Jk
nobody liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:38 p.m.
Rico, an "in depth discussion"? Why, just because "certain" people don't like us due to past run-ins and try to make a mockery out of us? Is that why we should all leave?

Some people are leaving. If you're interested in taking over from them, apply. If not, and just want to throw the rest of us under the bus, stop. Enough. I'm sick of this belittling of the BOG.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Rico, an "in depth discussion"? Why, just because "certain" people don't like us due to past run-ins and try to make a mockery out of us? Is that why we should all leave?

Some people are leaving. If you're interested in taking over from them, apply. If not, and just want to throw the rest of us under the bus, stop. Enough. I'm sick of this belittling of the BOG.

I know the certain people refers to me but as you can clearly see above it isn't just me.

And all this "no way" stuff from the BoG members sure makes it sound more like a dictatorship than a democracy...just saying
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:46 p.m.

I know the certain people refers to me but as you can clearly see above it isn't just me.

And all this "no way" stuff from the BoG members sure makes it sound more like a dictatorship than a democracy...just saying

Again with the dictatorship. That's extremely offensive to everyone that tries to help make the game better
nobody liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:49 p.m.
Banned
Apples and oranges there Bolts...
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:51 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I do think some discussion is necessary, but not because I want to kick people out or something. I've already told you there has been some poor communication, and I've also told you that I appreciate the effort you've been making to do better in that regard. We still have some things we need to do better however. It isn't fair to the league, or to you, that you have to do most of the work, for one. Matt leaving is also another one that has shouldered a lot of the load in the BOG. Anyway, I'm focused on free agency right now and I'm not part of the whole squabbling thing. I'm only concerned with the systematic elements.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Guys this is a game, a game that is fake but based on reality. Flaws are inevitable, and unhappy players are inevitable. However, a pretend game isn't worth crying over, if people have problems with the BOG, offer complaints as I did rationally and respectively. We need to find a middle ground here, BOG has to listen to the people they have power over, and the non-BOG members have to respect those in charge of them. Again, this is not worth crying over, it's only a game.
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.
Banned
I am not trying to be disrespectful but when a group of people in power refuse to have open discussions on rules and also refuse to hold new open elections, it looks kind of bad to me. We have many, many new GMs that didn't vote for this BoG and should get a chance to vote for people who want to take the game in a certain direction. None of what I am saying says current BoG members can't be voted in to a new BoG.
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.
I am not trying to be disrespectful but when a group of people in power refuse to have open discussions on rules and also refuse to hold new open elections, it looks kind of bad to me. We have many, many new GMs that didn't vote for this BoG and should get a chance to vote for people who want to take the game in a certain direction. None of what I am saying says current BoG members can't be voted in to a new BoG.

We have tried to be open but it doesn't help when people have to cretic every tiny thing.
nobody liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 4:11 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: boltscharge17

We have tried to be open but it doesn't help when people have to cretic every tiny thing.

Critiquing is the best way to improve an idea.
Mr_cap and Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 4:18 p.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17

Critiquing is the best way to improve an idea.

Not if every single thing is apparently wrong
nobody and PrincessChloe liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll