Forums/Armchair-GM

Here we go

Created by: datdude
Team: 2022-23 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: May 4, 2022
Published: May 4, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
An aggressive Retool; The winning formula hasn't changed over the past 10 years there tends to be a common trend, being hard to play against in all areas of the ice. Tampa hasn't gotten enough credit for being as dominant physically as they are. This was an attempt to try and become harder to play against and maintain the youth, and financial stability. Before the armchair GM forum goes nuts; I firmly believe that a shake up is needed in a few aspects of this Bruins team. Defending harder, and timely scoring. There were a couple trades that were tough to make however I think they are necessary to move forward with the trajectory of this team.

The first few trades are creating space by moving replaceable players on the ice, I was hesitant to move Foligno, however I think that there is an attraction to Columbus with Nick's time there and the youth of that team needing a veteran in that room. Reilly, Clifton, and Forbort have been good but also replaceable with Gudbransson (grittier) and Zboril who was great before his injury, Reilly has been scratched and fallen out of favor, but also has real value as a PMD, Cassidy has seemed to bury him, Boston Recoops a pick and sheds Salary.
The tougher moves, Grzelcyk and Debrusk; Grizz has been good, and an awesome hometown story, unfortunately over the past three years of Boston's postseason runs has been invisible, and a liability defensively in many aspects of the game with decision making and so on, he is an extremely attractive piece to a team like AZ with youth needing a younger vet in the league and have many many expendable picks to maintain some interest in attendance and moving forward. Leddy is a very comparable player at a bit of a cheaper price, by the time his deal is up you hope that Zboril/Ahcan/Prospect have exceled and are ready for a top 4 role, which gives them flexibility in the mean time, at comparable scoring rate, and might be a better than Gryz. DeBrusk, Studnicka, 2nd for Boeser was a deal I think that will really benefit all parties, most importantly for Brock as he is enduring an extremely challenging year off the ice with the decreasing health of his dad, and the need for a change. Jake is in a similar position with his request to be moved, he has been an advocate speaking out for mental health while also being a tremendous teammate, and producing, Boeser has more value in the terms of play, that is why Boston Adds the forgotten man Jack Studnicka, and a high 2nd rounder for the term of Boeser, and adding an actual RW sniper that does have a little bit of bite to his game while gaining Boston Protection if Pasta moves on as a UFA leaving Boston with Boeser and Lysell (if he keeps trending up)

Signings: Deslauries is exactly the type of grit they have been missing since Milan Lucic left town, he won't produce nearly what Looch did but he will be a feared opponent and play physically and chip in a bit offensively and hopefully show Freddy the ropes.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$750,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
4$6,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$6,000,000
2$1,000,000
2$3,200,000
2$1,700,000
2$2,700,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
BOS
  1. 2022 4th round pick (TOR)
BOS
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (ARI)
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (MTL)
BOS
  1. 2022 5th round pick (BUF)
BOS
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (SEA)
BOS
  1. Boeser, Brock [RFA Rights]
VAN
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Studnicka, Jack
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (ARI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,035,834$0$150,000$464,166
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,700,000$2,700,000
RD
UFA - 4
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 4, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
I was just thinking about the Bruins this morning. Coyle has a NMC that he signed two years ago and gets updated this off-season. Which means the Kraken are not on the list of his NMC. Wonder if they’d pay to move Coyle to keep Bregy…

Seems like a minimum damage type or move but overall you’d still lose a good player
May 4, 2022 at 10:52 a.m.
Zero need for Forbort in SJ.
May 4, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
Nah.
This is a point that has been made repeatedly - Foligno wants a cup. It is why he went to BOS. CBJ know, and Fliggy knows, he can retire a Blue Jacket whenever he wants. As such, I am strongly willing to bet CBJ are on his NTC.

Even then, as much as I love me some Captain, objectively CBJ just don't have the roster space for him right now, and that contract is not great. If a trade happens, BOS will have to include an incentive pick/prospect - CBJ aren't going to take on $3.8M for a 4th liner out of the kindness of their hearts, even if it is Fligs.
Ajp_18 and BoomerTheHero liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
Quoting: crankshaft
Zero need for Forbort in SJ.

Forbort could be moved anywhere SJS was just a placeholder
May 4, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
This is a point that has been made repeatedly - Foligno wants a cup. It is why he went to BOS. CBJ know, and Fliggy knows, he can retire a Blue Jacket whenever he wants. As such, I am strongly willing to bet CBJ are on his NTC.

Even then, as much as I love me some Captain, objectively CBJ just don't have the roster space for him right now, and that contract is not great. If a trade happens, BOS will have to include an incentive pick/prospect.

That very well could be the case, it was one of the only teams that made sense imo.
dopplsan liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: ReelBigFan
I was just thinking about the Bruins this morning. Coyle has a NMC that he signed two years ago and gets updated this off-season. Which means the Kraken are not on the list of his NMC. Wonder if they’d pay to move Coyle to keep Bregy…

Seems like a minimum damage type or move but overall you’d still lose a good player

Absolutely, I am not sure how that works, I am not sure how movable Coyle really is at that price for the next 4 years
May 4, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Nah.
Quoting: datdude
That very well could be the case, it was one of the only teams that made sense imo.

I get the connection, and again, I guess it *could* happen, but you have to add a good pick and/or prospect going to CBJ. Even then, you're probably only getting Future Considerations from CBJ. BOS's gain is cap space.
datdude and BoomerTheHero liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
I get the connection, and again, I guess it *could* happen, but you have to add a good pick and/or prospect going to CBJ. Even then, you're probably only getting Future Considerations from CBJ. BOS's gain is cap space.

For sure!
dopplsan liked this.
May 4, 2022 at 11:19 a.m.
Banned
Problems:
Boeser doesn’t sign that.
A multi year deal for bergeron isn’t a thing.
Grzelcyk trade makes zero sense for boston, and is destructive to the team.
Neither columbus, nor foligno accept that. If foligno does, have to pay to move him.
Leddy stinks.
Don’t see why zboril would stay.
If craig smith is a fourth liner, trade him. He’s far more valuable than that.
May 4, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
Edited May 4, 2022 at 12:10 p.m.
Leddy is a downgrade from the current roster.

Going to have to pay or retain, maybe both, to move Foligno. The wanting a contender issue already covered. No need to repeat it.

Boesser not signing that. Rather have Debrusk at 4 than what Boesser is going to sign for. We’ll see where his head as it in the off season. If Lysell is good enough for a top 9 role already than Boesser is a waste of a move anyway as evidenced by Smith being on the 4th line here. Get a young center.

I don’t see Zboril coming back unless there is a lack of interest league wide.
May 4, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Problems:
Boeser doesn’t sign that.
A multi year deal for bergeron isn’t a thing.
Grzelcyk trade makes zero sense for boston, and is destructive to the team.
Neither columbus, nor foligno accept that. If foligno does, have to pay to move him.
Leddy stinks.
Don’t see why zboril would stay.
If craig smith is a fourth liner, trade him. He’s far more valuable than that.

I think Boeser would be very open to signing that contract, as he is back in the US, and joins his Best Friend Jack Ahcan, and is in a different environment. Bergeron could be a 1 year deal then, Trading Gryz isn't as detrimental as you'd think if you look at the logistics of the team and the Achilles heel, Leddy is extremely comparable to gryz and you open up a bit more cap space to hopefully re-up Pasta. I think that Leddy would be a good veteran to add to the back-end. You can't say he stinks, he hasn't been on a great team the past two years with DET, and has been solid since joining STL, hes a puck mover that will slide in. Smith is as important piece as ever as this line-up is if Lysell sticks with the big club, he won't play on the 4th line, and if they deem he needs more time in the minors then you slide Smith up. Zboril will get more time and actual minutes like he was getting before his ACL blew out.
May 4, 2022 at 12:09 p.m.
The most likely case for Foligno being moved is via a buyout. No reason to give up any significant asset to move him.
May 4, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Banned
I think Boeser would be very open to signing that contract, as he is back in the US, and joins his Best Friend Jack Ahcan, and is in a different environment. Bergeron could be a 1 year deal then, Trading Gryz isn't as detrimental as you'd think if you look at the logistics of the team and the Achilles heel, Leddy is extremely comparable to gryz and you open up a bit more cap space to hopefully re-up Pasta. I think that Leddy would be a good veteran to add to the back-end. You can't say he stinks, he hasn't been on a great team the past two years with DET, and has been solid since joining STL, hes a puck mover that will slide in. Smith is as important piece as ever as this line-up is if Lysell sticks with the big club, he won't play on the 4th line, and if they deem he needs more time in the minors then you slide Smith up. Zboril will get more time and actual minutes like he was getting before his ACL blew out.

But why would zboril stay? Plenty of other teams where he would get more opportunity.

The grzelcyk for Leddy swap is disastrous.

Boeser has a higher QO. If it’s only a 4 year deal, he takes his QO, and hits UFA.

Smith on the fourth line is a waste, regardless of whether or not lysell sticks, which is extremely unlikely.
May 4, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
But why would zboril stay? Plenty of other teams where he would get more opportunity.

The grzelcyk for Leddy swap is disastrous.

Boeser has a higher QO. If it’s only a 4 year deal, he takes his QO, and hits UFA.

Smith on the fourth line is a waste, regardless of whether or not lysell sticks, which is extremely unlikely.

Leddy, 2nd, and 3rd for Gryz isn't diastrous LOL
Boeser could sign that then, then what is the difference of Boeser hits FA and so does JDB? I think I take the gamble of BB over JD returning.
Smith I get but also a UFA at the end of the year, I think he will be a 3rd liner and have Fabian stay in the AHL all year, if he does tear it up, then you have a good problem.
May 4, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Banned
Leddy, 2nd, and 3rd for Gryz isn't diastrous LOL
Boeser could sign that then, then what is the difference of Boeser hits FA and so does JDB? I think I take the gamble of BB over JD returning.
Smith I get but also a UFA at the end of the year, I think he will be a 3rd liner and have Fabian stay in the AHL all year, if he does tear it up, then you have a good problem.

Yes. That’s disastrous. Who cares about the 2nd and 3rd?
Where is the gamble with debrusk returning? He’s signed.
Why is zboril returning?
May 4, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
Yes. That’s disastrous. Who cares about the 2nd and 3rd?
Where is the gamble with debrusk returning? He’s signed.
Why is zboril returning?

The Bruins care as they will restock the system after the assets they moved for Lindholm lol. I think you are severely underestimating Nick Leddy, DeBrusk is a UFA in 24' Boeser would be in 23' Boeser would be way more likely to return than JDB, as he already requested a trade.

Zboril will get steddy, steddy time, and who knows maybe surpasses Leddy in the top 4, and if then Leddy is a great 5th D.
May 4, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
Banned
The Bruins care as they will restock the system after the assets they moved for Lindholm lol. I think you are severely underestimating Nick Leddy, DeBrusk is a UFA in 24' Boeser would be in 23' Boeser would be way more likely to return than JDB, as he already requested a trade.

Zboril will get steddy, steddy time, and who knows maybe surpasses Leddy in the top 4, and if then Leddy is a great 5th D.

You’ve answered why the bruins want zboril. I know that. That’s very obvious.

Why does zboril want to stay in boston?
May 4, 2022 at 9:09 p.m.
You’ve answered why the bruins want zboril. I know that. That’s very obvious.

Why does zboril want to stay in boston?

He’s openly talked about them supporting him, and his anxiety when he was struggling in the beginning of his career, some people tend to value humanity over hockey believe it or not..

Gryz looks awesome tonight by the way
May 4, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
Banned
He’s openly talked about them supporting him, and his anxiety when he was struggling in the beginning of his career, some people tend to value humanity over hockey believe it or not..

Gryz looks awesome tonight by the way

Hes been the least of their worries. With that sort of snapshot logic, bergeron and marchand should be punted off for nothing. Pasta too. Basically anyone not named mcavoy, debrusk, or hall.
May 4, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
Hes been the least of their worries. With that sort of snapshot logic, bergeron and marchand should be punted off for nothing. Pasta too. Basically anyone not named mcavoy, debrusk, or hall.

He’s been noticeably bad, unlike him..
May 4, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
Banned
He’s been noticeably bad, unlike him..

Unlike who?
May 5, 2022 at 8:10 a.m.
Unlike who?

unlike Gryz, that is why I don't mind a shuffle of the deck on D. who knows I think that Carlo or Gryz might be moved this offseason. Given Gryz being closer to UFA I think he could be the one, as they need to be harder to play against
May 5, 2022 at 8:17 a.m.
Banned
unlike Gryz, that is why I don't mind a shuffle of the deck on D. who knows I think that Carlo or Gryz might be moved this offseason. Given Gryz being closer to UFA I think he could be the one, as they need to be harder to play against

You said he’s (grzelcyk) has been bad…unlike him

Who’s him?
May 5, 2022 at 8:19 a.m.
You said he’s (grzelcyk) has been bad…unlike him

Who’s him?

Its been unlike him as in unlike Gryz
May 5, 2022 at 8:23 a.m.
Banned
Its been unlike him as in unlike Gryz

Ah, gotcha. Ya i think he’s been fine. Maybe he hasn’t and i’m not seeing it because my heads still shaking from another bergeron shift where he didn’t compete. Worst game as a pro last night.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll