STAN BOWMAN LOSES HIS MIND ( ANARCHY)

Created by: brandenrowe15
Team: 2017-18 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 2, 2017
Published: May 2, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
All hell has broken loose

VERY WELL AWARE THIS WONT HAPPEN. SCOTTY IS OFF HIS MEDS IF HE DOES THIS.

Also- would be a pretty sweet team
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,500,000
2$5,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,200,000
2$4,200,000
2$4,200,000
2$2,400,000
1$725,000
2$2,000,000
Bonus, Bonues
1$3,700,000
Trades
CHI
NSH
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. Krüger, Marcus
  3. 2018 3rd round pick (CHI)
  4. 2019 2nd round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
for arvy
CHI
EDM
  1. Crawford, Corey
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (CHI)
  3. 2020 4th round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
for draisaitl
CHI
  1. 2018 2nd round pick (NJD)
  2. 2018 4th round pick (NJD)
  3. 2019 1st round pick (NJD)
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (NJD)
CHI
  1. 2018 3rd round pick (VAN)
  2. 2018 4th round pick (VAN)
  3. 2018 7th round pick (VAN)
CHI
  1. 2019 2nd round pick (ARI)
  2. 2019 3rd round pick (ARI)
  3. 2019 5th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Hossa, Marián
  2. 2020 6th round pick (CHI)
  3. 2020 7th round pick (CHI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$73,000,000$68,850,628$3,558,000$832,500$4,149,372
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$4,200,000$4,200,000
RW
UFA - 8
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$4,200,000$4,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
RW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,200,000$4,200,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$2,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
RD
UFA - 1
$612,500$612,500
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$650,000$650,000
RD
UFA - 1
Bonus, Bonues
$3,700,000$3,700,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2, 2017 at 5:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I, myself, think stan bowman is the 2nd worst GM in the league.
May 2, 2017 at 5:32 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

shakes head
exo2769 and trickydick55 liked this.
May 2, 2017 at 5:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

shakes head

Really, i think he is. Dale Tallon brought the Hawks where they are now if you ask me ... Stan Bowman is making them worse i think. i really think he's the 2nd worst GM in the league.
May 2, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.
what makes him the 2nd worst in the league?
May 2, 2017 at 5:44 p.m.
exo2769

Really, i think he is. Dale Tallon brought the Hawks where they are now if you ask me ... Stan Bowman is making them worse i think. i really think he's the 2nd worst GM in the league.

Come on man! He did bring the players for the first cup, but they've had to purge players twice and working on a 3rd. How can you say a GM that was over half a decade removed is responsible for the 2015 cup. Things change daily in today's NHL. Is chiarelli a good GM for drafting McDavid....NO WAY!!! The town idiot could draft McDaivid.

Tallon does have an eye for talent, but you're talking crazy talk.
Duster liked this.
May 2, 2017 at 5:45 p.m.

That's a pretty bold statement for a guy who's won 3 cups. Just bold, nothing more. I'm assuming you're labeling Snow as the worst, which is something I could agree with.
Duster liked this.
May 2, 2017 at 5:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: brandenrowe15

Well look at that Sharp trade ... and the Ladd trade ... and not a big fan of the Terravainen trade ... then look what he gave up for Dale Weise ... then look at those contracts to Toews and Kane ... and what about the Oduya trade? not a big fan of the Anaheim trade at the deadline ... what about Scuderi for Daley? And the Versteeg trade to carolina? The Saad trade was okay but not the best i'd say ... and then the Raanta trade, he's played great ... And what about brandon pirri? And the Bollan trade wasn't the best, but he went on to get injured i guess ... then what did he really get for Frolik? Not much ... and John Scott! (lol) Why did he give up John Scott???? And then when he acquired Oduya from Winnipeg that wasn't the best either ... and the Campbell trade ... And the Brock Nelson pick trade ... Overall, he has done a lot of bad trades i think.
May 2, 2017 at 5:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: jccamps18

That's a pretty bold statement for a guy who's won 3 cups. Just bold, nothing more. I'm assuming you're labeling Snow as the worst, which is something I could agree with.

Oh yes, i definitely think Garth Snow is the worst GM ... no doubt about it. Don't even mention Garth Snow ... no, jk, but i still think Garth Snow is the worst NHL GM.
May 2, 2017 at 8:32 p.m.
Big D's #1 Hawks fan

holy cow, people on a blog agreeing about something. I need to use more drugs, I thing I've lost my grip on reality. Haha.

Oh yes, i definitely think Garth Snow is the worst GM ... no doubt about it. Don't even mention Garth Snow ... no, jk, but i still think Garth Snow is the worst NHL GM.

May 3, 2017 at 9:43 a.m.

I posted this before but I'll post it again.

Yes Dale Tallon drafted Toews and Kane, but literally any GM could have done that. Those two were projected to go in the exact selections they were chosen at. Seabrook Keith and Crawford were all selected prior to Tallon by the then GM Mike Smith.
Tallon had many good picks over his time but that also comes with having the best selection spots in the draft. He made some good trades, which comes easy as a bottom dweller of the league. SEE all of the trades lately where bottom dwellers get very good players for very little value given.

What exactly has Tallon done in Florida?

Bowman has had to draft from the back of the draft and he has made some great selections. He has also had to make trades from the top of the league and has made both good and bad trades. Yet he has still managed 3 Stanley Cups and 9 straight playoff appearances.

Well look at that Sharp trade ... and the Ladd trade ... and not a big fan of the Terravainen trade ... then look what he gave up for Dale Weise ... then look at those contracts to Toews and Kane ... and what about the Oduya trade? not a big fan of the Anaheim trade at the deadline ... what about Scuderi for Daley? And the Versteeg trade to carolina? The Saad trade was okay but not the best i'd say ... and then the Raanta trade, he's played great ... And what about brandon pirri? And the Bollan trade wasn't the best, but he went on to get injured i guess ... then what did he really get for Frolik? Not much ... and John Scott! (lol) Why did he give up John Scott???? And then when he acquired Oduya from Winnipeg that wasn't the best either ... and the Campbell trade ... And the Brock Nelson pick trade ... Overall, he has done a lot of bad trades i think.

What you chose to leave out of this was all of the small time trades and signings that benefited the hawks a ton.
I'd love to see you make trades from the top of the league after you've won cup after cup. No GM is going to make a trade with a team that has won several cups in the last couple years unless they feel like they are getting the much better end of the deal.
He has made bad trades. There is no doubt about it. He has made bad signings. There is no doubt about it. But he is absolutely not one of the worst GM's in the league.

But I'm going to pick apart you rant. The Blackhawks gave up a 3rd round pick and AHL lifer to acquire someone who had fit into their system VERY well before and helped them win TWO Stanley Cups. Okay it didn't work out great but then again they only gave up a 3rd round pick for it.
The Anaheim trade at the deadline. REALLY? The Hawks gave up a 25 yr old and 29 yr old with a combined 21 NHL games for a draft pick in the Chicago draft. The Hogs were essentially out of the playoffs already and both players that were traded were UFA. If anyone is going to look at this deal in any seriousness (which nobody should because its essentially meaningless) Bowman definitely made out great.

If you'd really like to analyze Bowman's trades and signings go take a look for yourself. There are just as many good deals as horrible deals.
http://committedindians.com/stan-bowman-history-as-chicago-blackhawks-gm/
May 3, 2017 at 10:38 a.m.
Banned
You offer those deals to Oshie and Shattenkirk, I can honestly tell you they will be playing elsewhere next fall.
May 3, 2017 at 7:02 p.m.
Quoting: brandenrowe15

Win some, lose some on the trades. From what I can tell, when a team needs to make a move for salary cap reasons, the other GM's aren't always looking to help out a Cup contending team by giving them full value in a trade. The Blackhawks were in a weak position for a lot of those trades. I wasn't a fan of some of them either, particularly acquiring Daley and then flipping him for not much. Getting Daley didn't help the cap much and then he seemed to be a poor fit. I remember his first period with the Blackhawks, against your Rangers I believe. He was standing by the net looking around as the Rangers scored two goals.
Did you really leave out the Leddy trade, or did you consider that a good one for Bowman?
May 3, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: RamonDaze

Win some, lose some on the trades. From what I can tell, when a team needs to make a move for salary cap reasons, the other GM's aren't always looking to help out a Cup contending team by giving them full value in a trade. The Blackhawks were in a weak position for a lot of those trades. I wasn't a fan of some of them either, particularly acquiring Daley and then flipping him for not much. Getting Daley didn't help the cap much and then he seemed to be a poor fit. I remember his first period with the Blackhawks, against your Rangers I believe. He was standing by the net looking around as the Rangers scored two goals.
Did you really leave out the Leddy trade, or did you consider that a good one for Bowman?

The Leddy trade was good for the Hawks i think, it was Garth Snow not thinking. The only reason the Hawks made a good trade is because it was with Garth Snow.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll