Fending off an Offer Sheet

Created by: Jimbo1119
Team: 2022-23 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 7, 2022
Published: Jun. 7, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Doubt NYR will face an offer sheet on Kakko...but if they do:
If AAV warrants 1st and 3rd pick as compensation- good chance NYR take that and move on- get more picks in a supposedly stocked draft and this actually helps in dealing with CAP next year.

But if the compensation is (1) 2nd- no way are NYR letting Kakko go...so something has to give:
They can avoid extending Copp- but this would leave a big C and/or top 6 void
So if they do extend Copp, realistically there are (2) options: Chytl or Lindgren...
Moving Chytl would also help solve a problem next year- but would open up a C void now- and (due to rough 2021/21) would probably sell low on him.
While many will cringe at the idea of moving Lindgren- something has to give for NYR to keep their top assets...and D is a position of Org strength. And due to the year and playoffs Lindgren has had- NYR would probably be able to sell high on him.
Nemeth and Reaves are no-brainers...irregardless of the CAP crunch, both occupy roster spots needed by others.

Of course the summer of 2023 will then bring its own challenges- unless one of the guys with a NMC is moved, NYR will probably have to move one of Kakko, Miller, LaF, or Chytl....but they have a whole year to figure that one out as well as try to maximize a return on anyone who is moved.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,200,000
1$1,600,000
1$800,000
1$875,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$850,000
6$5,500,000
4$2,000,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2022 4th round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
any team
NYR
    Any team not on his 8 team no trade list interested in a pick
    ARI
    1. Nemeth, Patrik
    2. 2022 2nd round pick (NYR)
    NYR
    1. 2022 2nd round pick (WSH)
    2. 2023 2nd round pick (STL)
    NYR
    1. 2022 6th round pick (BOS)
    Additional Details:
    any team
    BOS
      Strome signing rights
      NYR
      1. 2022 2nd round pick (SJS)
      2. 2023 3rd round pick (ARI)
      Additional Details:
      Krav still might have an opportunity in NY
      If moved- this is the required return...anything less he stays put
      ARI
      1. Kravtsov, Vitali [RFA Rights]
      NYR
      1. 2023 3rd round pick (EDM)
      Additional Details:
      Any team that anticipates being in a 1a/1B goalie tandem situation
      EDM
      1. Georgiev, Alexandar [RFA Rights]
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the ARI
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the NYR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      22$82,500,000$81,153,969$0$4,500,000$1,346,031
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the New York Rangers
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      LW
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $8,500,000$8,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $800,000$800,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $11,642,857$11,642,857
      LW
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 5
      $3,641,667$3,641,667
      C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
      LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      $2,300,000$2,300,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $4,200,000$4,200,000
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,600,000$1,600,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $762,500$762,500
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $762,500$762,500
      C
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $8,000,000$8,000,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $5,666,667$5,666,667
      G
      UFA - 3
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 7
      $925,000$925,000
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $850,000$850,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $875,000$875,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 8:43 a.m.
      PlusMinus is stupid
      Value is certainly fine, but that's not a fit for Detroit. Yzerman isn't giving up valuable picks right now. He just said in a press conference that he doesn't foresee any trades that make sense this off season and a perfect fit would need to present itself for him to even consider it. He's looking to fill holes via FA and prospects for next season.
      Billy12Bob liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
      bang bang
      Why would we trade Lindgren ? terrible
      Goalie liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:04 a.m.
      Exhausted Ranger Fan
      I don’t agree with the whole trade lindgren narrative, it’s idiotic, he’s a warrior and our blue line would be astronomically worse without him. I highly doubt an offer sheet would occur as they do nothing but promote bad business (Carolina and MTL)
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
      Jimbo1119
      Quoting: AdamFox
      Why would we trade Lindgren ? terrible

You're not getting my point...at the moment I do not want to trade Lindgren. He is a good match with Fox. He is an absolute warrior. Plays with the grit this team so needs. Moving him would be as a contingency.

If they face an offer sheet on Kakko- he is a higher end asset than Lindgren. I really see 2 options to keep Kakko- move Chytl or Lindgren. C is a position of org weakness, while D is a position of org strength. And in terms of value- for all the reasons you mention they would be able to sell high on Lindgren. Even though Chytl is having a good playoff- they would probably sell low on him.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
      No fan base feels Kakko is anything but a bust.. it’s been the same take by 💯 % of accounts on here from day 1. He has been the quietest of the kid line through the playoffs. No one is sending an OS to him. We will lock him up with a bridge deal no problem. Only NYR fans see the potential in him so we don’t need to worry
      Jimbo1119 liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
      Jimbo1119
      Quoting: Despise
      I don’t agree with the whole trade lindgren narrative, it’s idiotic, he’s a warrior and our blue line would be astronomically worse without him. I highly doubt an offer sheet would occur as they do nothing but promote bad business (Carolina and MTL)

Agreed they probably wont face an offer sheet...and if they do not, then I'm not looking to trade Lindgren. But if they do: then it's Lindgren or Chytl
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:27 a.m.
      Lets Get Kraken
      I think there would be a team that sends an OS to Kakko with no intention of actually acquiring him. The main point of that offer sheet would be to screw the Rags cap situation to the point of either OS a different player of higher interest (Laf, Miller, Lindgren, etc.) or to force the Rags to send someone out at a lower value.

I do think that if an OS comes to Kakko, and the compensation is a 2nd round pick or less, NYR match. However if it comes to a 1st and 3rd, at that point I think the Rags let him go. The Rags are in an unfortunate position with their cap and contracts coming due, I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up losing 1 or 2 quality assets they would much rather not give up in the next 2-3 years.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
      The Strome and Reaves deals make sense at least...

The rest are a bit low in return. Nemeth likely doesn't a sweetener at all btw.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
      Trading Lindgren and Gauthier on the first line. This is disgusting.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
      Lindgren would be a great fit for Seider but I don't see Yzerman moving 2 2nds for him. Maybe a 2nd a B prospect but I don't think the rangers would be interested in that.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
      Jimbo1119
      Quoting: LafreNYR
      Trading Lindgren and Gauthier on the first line. This is disgusting.

The RW position obviously has a bit to be desired...trying to keep the Kid line together...and 1st line Blais? coming back from ACL injury? lot to ask there. Maybe Krav is an option. Maybe Copp stays at RW. I guess what I'm saying is a lot of unknowns- and reality will most likely bring about decisions not shown here. So I wouldn't get too hung up on where Gaut is placed. He's just a cheap NHLer here filling out a roster spot...where exactly he'd play is TBD.

As far as losing Lindgren- again...need to come up with the additional CAP in the unlikely scenario Kakko is offer sheeted. I want to keep Lindgren! Any better suggestions?
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 11:32 a.m.
      Jimbo1119
      Quoting: Sagecoll
      The Strome and Reaves deals make sense at least...

The rest are a bit low in return. Nemeth likely doesn't a sweetener at all btw.

Could probably get more for Lindgren...I'm just coming from the position of a distress sale.
      As far as Georgiev- kind of tricky since everyone knows NYR will not want to offer QO...many feel NYR will just let him go UFA- at which the'd get no return. Depending on who's interested, though, with some slick maneuvering maybe Drury can move him for a return.
      As far as Krav- I'm not convinced he's done in NY...RW is a position of weakness- the opportunity will be there to rifle up the RW depth chart. But if Drury refuses to deal with him he will insist on a return better than they received for Lias. Otherwise continued KHL.

And hope you're right about Nemeth!
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 11:58 a.m.
      Quoting: Jimbo1119
      The RW position obviously has a bit to be desired...trying to keep the Kid line together...and 1st line Blais? coming back from ACL injury? lot to ask there. Maybe Krav is an option. Maybe Copp stays at RW. I guess what I'm saying is a lot of unknowns- and reality will most likely bring about decisions not shown here. So I wouldn't get too hung up on where Gaut is placed. He's just a cheap NHLer here filling out a roster spot...where exactly he'd play is TBD.

As far as losing Lindgren- again...need to come up with the additional CAP in the unlikely scenario Kakko is offer sheeted. I want to keep Lindgren! Any better suggestions?

1) It’s gonna be nearly impossible to keep the kid line together next year because of the cap crunch.

2) Kakko probably isn’t gonna get offer sheeted, but even if he did you don’t move Lindgren the decision becomes to you prioritize keeping all the kids or do you try to win now(re-sign Copp and trade Chytil). If your priority is keeping all the kids it’s fairly easy even with a Kakko offer sheet https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3310530
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
      Jimbo1119
      1) It’s gonna be nearly impossible to keep the kid line together next year because of the cap crunch.

2) Kakko probably isn’t gonna get offer sheeted, but even if he did you don’t move Lindgren the decision becomes to you prioritize keeping all the kids or do you try to win now(re-sign Copp and trade Chytil). If your priority is keeping all the kids it’s fairly easy even with a Kakko offer sheet https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3310530

Not dismissing your idea of handling next year's CAP crunch...I just don't like the idea of losing Copp and I'm still not convinced Chytl is ready for 2C. They gave big assets to get Copp here and he has been the perfect fit. As long as they can extend him for 5.75M per (or cheaper) they need to keep him. And the Kid line- staying together as a unit for 3rd line matchups is key to them continuing development. Also, you solve the 3C dilemma by moving Lundqvist for Dellandrea. At face value I guess the values are on par...but I don't think Dellandrea has shown a lot in DAL. And while Lunkqvist did struggle last year, I think what he really needs is opportunity- which comes if there is an opening. Arguments can be made that right now Nils is the 2nd or 3rd best D man in the organization. Given the opportunity, I think he can prove that- and sky is still the limit for him.
      LafreNYR liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
      Not dismissing your idea of handling next year's CAP crunch...I just don't like the idea of losing Copp and I'm still not convinced Chytl is ready for 2C. They gave big assets to get Copp here and he has been the perfect fit. As long as they can extend him for 5.75M per (or cheaper) they need to keep him. And the Kid line- staying together as a unit for 3rd line matchups is key to them continuing development. Also, you solve the 3C dilemma by moving Lundqvist for Dellandrea. At face value I guess the values are on par...but I don't think Dellandrea has shown a lot in DAL. And while Lunkqvist did struggle last year, I think what he really needs is opportunity- which comes if there is an opening. Arguments can be made that right now Nils is the 2nd or 3rd best D man in the organization. Given the opportunity, I think he can prove that- and sky is still the limit for him.

There really is no way to keep Copp and the kid line if Kakko gets offer sheeted(which I think is unlikely anyway). As for Lundkvist I agree he shouldn’t be judged off 25 games, but I also think he doesn’t really have a clear organizational fit here and they might look to move him to improve depth at another position like C.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
      Could probably get more for Lindgren...I'm just coming from the position of a distress sale.
      As far as Georgiev- kind of tricky since everyone knows NYR will not want to offer QO...many feel NYR will just let him go UFA- at which the'd get no return. Depending on who's interested, though, with some slick maneuvering maybe Drury can move him for a return.
      As far as Krav- I'm not convinced he's done in NY...RW is a position of weakness- the opportunity will be there to rifle up the RW depth chart. But if Drury refuses to deal with him he will insist on a return better than they received for Lias. Otherwise continued KHL.

And hope you're right about Nemeth!

No need to distress. Georgiev should get a solid return, very few goaltenders out there with his combination of youth, sample size, and good performance (particularly on short rest). He's got 130 GP and a +4 GSAx. If someone like Vanecek is looking at a 2nd, Georgiev should be getting at least a 2nd. The track record of goaltenders coming out of Allaire's tutelage (Talbot, Raanta) is very strong.

Krav is great. Awesome playoff performer in the KHL. He should be here next year, only thing holding him back would be Drury.

Nemeth is fine, system isn't right for him since it exposes some weak points in his game. But if he went to somewhere like Calgary or Dallas where he's defending the blue line more and handling the puck less as part of their scheme he'd come off better than he does. Still someone with his size and experience and affordable cap hit doesn't require a sweetener. NHL GM's love that type.
      Jimbo1119 liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
      Jimbo1119
      There really is no way to keep Copp and the kid line if Kakko gets offer sheeted(which I think is unlikely anyway). As for Lundkvist I agree he shouldn’t be judged off 25 games, but I also think he doesn’t really have a clear organizational fit here and they might look to move him to improve depth at another position like C.

If they can add a C who slots in bottom 6 right now, and projects as a possible 2C...I'm all for it. But GM's usually hold these guys near and dear (like LA with all their Cs). And there just might be an organizational fit...regardless of what I put together here involving Lindgren, 3LD is open next year. Is Zac Jones the guy? maybe. But Lundqvist had (and prob still has) a higher ceiling. Carrying both is probably advisable- especially for injury depth. And at some point- 2 years down the line they probably will look to move Trouba.
      LafreNYR liked this.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
      If they can add a C who slots in bottom 6 right now, and projects as a possible 2C...I'm all for it. But GM's usually hold these guys near and dear (like LA with all their Cs). And there just might be an organizational fit...regardless of what I put together here involving Lindgren, 3LD is open next year. Is Zac Jones the guy? maybe. But Lundqvist had (and prob still has) a higher ceiling. Carrying both is probably advisable- especially for injury depth. And at some point- 2 years down the line they probably will look to move Trouba.

C is gonna be the big question all offseason. Can Nils play the left side? If so I’d probably rather him than Jones(who I also like) because like you said the ceiling is higher. Where does Matt Robertson factor into all of this? Who knows maybe Gallant prefers a bigger body defenseman on that 3rd pair to match with Schneider for the time being. Agreed on Trouba he kinda has to be traded in 2 years when he loses the NMC in order to pay all the kids.
      Jun. 7, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
      Jimbo1119
      C is gonna be the big question all offseason. Can Nils play the left side? If so I’d probably rather him than Jones(who I also like) because like you said the ceiling is higher. Where does Matt Robertson factor into all of this? Who knows maybe Gallant prefers a bigger body defenseman on that 3rd pair to match with Schneider for the time being. Agreed on Trouba he kinda has to be traded in 2 years when he loses the NMC in order to pay all the kids.

haven't heard much about Nils on the left. "Experts" have said that ALL Dmen can play both sides...just a matter of how well on off side (thanks for that word of wisdom, lol). Given that the word on Nils is that he is a silky smooth skater and real smart- I'm of the opinion he could make the adjustment. In any case, taking Trouba's spot on PP2 in itself would be a big improvement. As far as Robertson- I think he's coming along, but he doesn't seem to have grabbed the same attention that Schneider grabbed- and he's further into his development than Schneider. So my guess is NYR still have plans for him- but more marinating is required,
      LafreNYR liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll