Forums/Armchair-GM

Rebuild

Created by: CFMan
Team: 2022-23 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 4, 2022
Published: Jun. 12, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
CAR: Taking on a cap dump and trading prospects. Gardiner will need to be shipped out since Deangelo will probably be resigned by CAR. Third for a cap dump with 1 year. Bokk/Beaduin are similar age, both late first round picks from 2018 that might need a change of scenery, also clears up the clog of LHD prospects for the hawks. Gardiner missed the whole year because of injury and it sounds like hes ready to come back off ltir so thats not an option caniacs.

BUF: Get a great top 4 dman capable of playing top pairing minutes. Murphy has term and is on a team friendly contract, easily netting a first. Seen a Sabres fan on here doing a third + Connolly for a fourth, instead cutting out the third so buffalo doesnt pay anything and still gets an asset, that can be buried as we have seen this whole year but I also believe Connolly can play at the NHL level. They also need to reach the cap floor, and the contract is only 1 year, they just did the Bishop trade for a 7th so a fourth for Connolly who is still producing is fair especially in a draft that is considered strong.

CGY: Toews is competitive and wants to win, the window for CGY is open right now and Toews gets another chance at winning the cup. Toews still has the skill set to be a valuable member of a cup contender and is a solid upgrade over at least Monahan and maybe Backlund, able to slot in as 2C/3C immediately. We are essentially eating ~16.5mil roughly 1/5th of a teams total cap for taking on Lucic/Monahan and retention on Toews so that CGY can upgrade at center and resign Tkachuk/Gaudreau and keep competing. I took Zary since I assume Pelletier will be in CGY lineup next year and Coronato was a fairly high recent pick.

TOR: Mrazek is bad and we dont have any goalies signed that can take the starting position, if we can make a team pay to take their goalie, its a win and considering the cap problems TOR will be in after this season especially when it comes to resigning Campbell or literally any other consistent starting goalie which will cost roughly 4-6 mil, Mrazek has to go and TOR will have to pay to do that. TOR fans wont like it but has to be done. For Toronto fans that still dont get it, Mrazaek is old, has poor play the last couple seasons, is injury prone, is overpaid, and still has 2 years on his contract. Chi could also take on Holls cap hit for a price, but what the price will be is another debate, since I've seen him traded in every acgm and everyone else says they dont want him.

VGK: Brossoit cap dump and backup goalie for us.

NYI: Saw NYI fans trading for Mccabe, and if we're moving on then I wouldnt be opposed, but if its Colorados 2nd which will be super late, another late round pick to make it a little more agreeable.

Resigned CDH because I like Calvin and we can trade him to a contender so he can raise the cup. We dont trade Debrincat because that is an even dumber idea than trading Panarin and we dont let Strome or Kubalik walk for nothing since that would be terrible asset management. Kubalik was downright terrible all last season and he still managed to net 32 points. Kub on the right team can be a 40-50 point guy with 20-30 goals, it would be foolish to not qualify him or trade him while his value is low, sign him low for a year or two cross fingers for a moderate rebound then sell higher, and if hes the same player he was last year then sell him for his price (2nd/3rd). Colliton was trying to ruin Dylan Strome, but he bounced back and exploded in the middle to last half of the season under King, now hes a pariah once again and theres talk of not qualifying him. It doesnt make sense, I dont know who wants Dylan Strome to be punished but its just dumb to let him walk. Reichel/Mitchell/Soderblom/etc stay another year at least in Rockford, we've seen what happens when we rush players in their development and if we're going to be at the bottom, theres no need to destroy their confidence. Our AHL roster should also be a high priority, we made the playoffs with a really young team now would be a good time to load up with some AHL veterans and go for a calder cup run.

There are plenty of options out there for coaches, I think its important to find a real coach now that can implement a solid system and put pressure on the youngsters to be better. One thing I liked about Q was the fire he had, he'd yell, scream and fight for his team from behind the bench, Colliton/King basically just stand there timid and afraid to challenge the refs moreso Colliton. Not saying we or any other team should want Q since what he did was unforgivable and he shouldnt be allowed back in the league but its feature in a coach that we need. I'm not saying we bring in Torts, but a Cassidy/Julien/Maurice (if hes willing to coach again) would be at the top of my list, though I doubt the Hawks are at the top of theirs. People like Velucci/Lalonde/Vincent would also interesting options. There are also some terrible terrible coaches out there; Blashill I dont trust at all, Deboer is so standard and cookie cutter I was never a fan of his. Trotz is a good coach but his style of hockey is mind numbing, I dont want Debrincat to score only 20 goals next season, and I dont think hes a fit he probably goes to Winnipeg or Vegas. Theres a lot of options out there and I'd be open minded to most lot of them if they were committed for the long haul.

Cat-Strome-Kane: Tried and true, dont split up the dad line Davidson for the love of god.
Kurashev-Dach-Kubalik : Sink or swim line, players that have to prove something and/or take the next step in their development.
Lafferty-Monahan-Raddysh: Fairly solid third line, idk if Monahan can reliably play here, if not can be changed for someone else like T.johnson.
Lucic-Whistle-Johnson: I actually this line a lot, a bunch of physical energy players with 2 players that can throw their bodies around, would be effective for Entwhistle to learn from Lucic how to be an effective power forward.
Jones-Jones: They played fine together. S.Jones is fairly solid, not worth 9.5 but still solid, and C.Jones has some upside.
Gardiner-Regula: Gardiner is coming off a year without playing, second pairing minutes might be too much for him but idk. Regula impressed me a lot, why not keep him up here.
Stillman-CDH: Pretty good bottom pairing dmen, one that is physical and the other is a shot blocking machine we can flip to a contender.
Mrazek-Brossoit: These are guys that wear goalie equipment and attempt to stop pucks at a sub .900 rate. o7 good luck gentlemen, let the tank begin.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$2,000,000
2$1,750,000
1$925,000
5$5,000,000
2$1,000,000
2$4,000,000
2$900,000
2$800,000
2$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,500,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Bokk, Dominik
  2. Gardiner, Jake
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. 2022 2nd round pick (COL)
  2. 2023 5th round pick (NYI)
CHI
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Mrázek, Petr
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
    FC
    CHI
    1. 2022 1st round pick (VGK)
    BUF
    1. Connolly, Brett
    2. Murphy, Connor
    3. 2023 4th round pick (CHI)
    CHI
    1. Lucic, Milan
    2. Monahan, Sean
    3. Zary, Connor
    4. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
    5. 2024 3rd round pick (CGY)
    Additional Details:
    cond 2023 2nd to 1st if CGY makes cup final and Toews plays in 50% or more of the games.
    CGY
    1. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
    CHI
    1. Brossoit, Laurent
    2. 2022 5th round pick (CHI)
    VGK
      FC
      Retained Salary Transactions
      Recapture Fees
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CBJ
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$82,500,000$78,959,295$237,500$0$3,540,705

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
      $6,400,000$6,400,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      RW
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LW, C, RW
      RFA - 1
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      C, RW
      RFA - 4
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $1,150,000$1,150,000
      RW, C, LW
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Calgary Flames
      $6,375,000$6,375,000
      C, LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $758,333$758,333
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $800,000$800,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RW, C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Calgary Flames
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      C
      RFA - 1
      $758,333$758,333
      LW
      RFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $3,800,000$3,800,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
      $4,050,000$4,050,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $866,667$866,667
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
      $2,325,000$2,325,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $975,000$975,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:10 p.m.
      Isles aren’t giving up assets for McCabe
      chaserice liked this.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:11 p.m.
      Nightowl26
      Quoting: Db1899
      Isles aren’t giving up assets for McCabe

absolutely not...a 2nd rounder - hell no
      Hockeypal and chaserice liked this.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
      Canes accept
      chaserice liked this.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:18 p.m.
      Funksoljah
      Not giving up 16th OA for a guy who just had multiple concussions and hasn't shown he can return to the ice as the same player. There's also a very big difference between an LTIR player who only costs the Sabres 700k in actual cash vs a guy who's going to cost them 3.5 million and potentially take a roster spot from a younger player.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
      thewookie1
      Buffalo declines, with that offer you’d get pick 41 at best
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:26 p.m.
      Really like Murphy and the style he plays, but he's got a yellow flag hanging over him with those 2 concussions last year. Gotta see the medical's, but your definitely not getting 16
      sabres89 and chaserice liked this.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
      Lets Get Kraken
      Canes pass. There will be a team that either wants to take a chance at Gardiner for his puck moving ability, or there will be a team that could use his cap hit to get to the floor and will only need FC’s in return. Canes won’t be giving up more than maybe a 5th to get out of Gardiner. For options 1, teams like Detroit, LA, and NYI could use a puck moving LHD. And for option 2, teams like Arizona, Ottawa, and Buffalo could use the contract to hit the cap floor.
      Jun. 12, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.
      Quoting: BUFF36
      Really like Murphy and the style he plays, but he's got a yellow flag hanging over him with those 2 concussions last year. Gotta see the medical's, but your definitely not getting 16

I agree, 16 is just too high.
      BUFF36 and chaserice liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll