SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

minny moves fiala due to cap

Created by: jzooks37
Published: Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:23 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Minnesota WildMinnesota Wild

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Armia, JoelMontreal CanadiensNHL50%$1,690,860011---0000--
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL45%$3,008,736011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$6,588,9121935463611
Change-$4,699,596121100
Final$1,889,316 (↓)20 (↑)37 (↑)47 (↑)4 (↑)611000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Armia, JoelMontreal CanadiensNHL50%$1,690,860011---0000--
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL45%$3,008,736011---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Calgary FlamesCGY)---100------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
Initial$1,923,3341933515917
Change$4,699,596-2-2-20-10
Final$6,622,930 (↑)17 (↓)31 (↓)49 (↓)58 (↓)17000

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
Fiala, KevinMinnesota WildNHL-$0011---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
Initial$25,334,1671533523614
Change$0101-110
Final$25,334,16716 (↑)3353 (↑)2 (↓)7 (↑)14000
Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
explanation : if fiala wants way to much money minny would get two very impactful forwards at very low numbers ... also a first rounder which there could either keep or flip for another good player---------if nj is tired of losing and wants to be competitive, fiala gives them a top pairing winger thats still very young and who in my opinion will have a much bigger impact then slakofky or Cooley for the next several years... why wait for another prospect to have the potential to pan out and only have an legit impact years down the line (who could still easily turn out as a middle forward)... fiala gives them exactly the piece they need and that team really should start taking the next step which they have NOT... waiting for another porpect to maybe pan out as good as fiala isn't a best move if I am nj...they also get a 2nd rounder as a sweetener..------------ I think we understand why Montreal who is starting the reubuild/ retool to have another high pick..... thoughts?
Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:41 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
The difference between the #2 pick and the #26 pick is significantly more than a vastly overrated Josh Anderson, a player with no trade value in Joel Armia, and pick #62

Montreal is giving up very little value to land the #2 pick in the draft.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: jzooks37
explanation : if fiala wants way to much money minny would get two very impactful forwards at very low numbers ... also a first rounder which there could either keep or flip for another good player---------if nj is tired of losing and wants to be competitive, fiala gives them a top pairing winger thats still very young and who in my opinion will have a much bigger impact then slakofky or Cooley for the next several years... why wait for another prospect to have the potential to pan out and only have an legit impact years down the line (who could still easily turn out as a middle forward)... fiala gives them exactly the piece they need and that team really should start taking the next step which they have NOT... waiting for another porpect to maybe pan out as good as fiala isn't a best move if I am nj...they also get a 2nd rounder as a sweetener..------------ I think we understand why Montreal who is starting the reubuild/ retool to have another high pick..... thoughts?

Dude you keep living in a fantasy world thinking Minnesota will take on your capdump, or capspace. Minnesota doesn't need or want Joel armia, josh Andersen. So dude, stop being like leafs fans
Jun. 27, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
NJ isn't getting 26 and Andy.... you can't look at it thatn why they are getting fiala and a 2nd

I understand the argument saying why would minsosta juts do this deal with nj... but it doesn't rlly make sense for a team that just entering there cup conteding window to take big step backwards give up fiala for future assets (the pick).. I don't rllyy see why they are looking to move him but if he rlly wants tons and to s money and they don't want to pay him getting Anderson and armia at 4.5 mill combined is extrealmy valuable to contending team like minny and two guys that could rlly push you over the top... as for nj it completley makes sense to trade this pick to get a good piece now as this pick won't be impactful for a couple years and they keep adding pieces under 23 and wondering why they are a lottery team every year.. they need to add Winn now pieces/leadership if they want to take steps out of the bottom of the league ..
Jun. 27, 2022 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: Wildnochance
Dude you keep living in a fantasy world thinking Minnesota will take on your capdump, or capspace. Minnesota doesn't need or want Joel armia, josh Andersen. So dude, stop being like leafs fans

I agree it doesn't make sense for minny to trade fiala in the first place however his name is all over the media... look at the salary... Anderson retained at under 3 mill and armia at 1.5..... combined 4.5 (probably half of fiala deal) is in no way a cap dump.... but rather two quality pieces they are adding to fit under the cap for half the price of fiala and they are also getting a first rounder... not saying this will happen but that my explanation for why I think it makes sense for minny also
Jun. 27, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
I agree it doesn't make sense for minny to trade fiala in the first place however his name is all over the media... look at the salary... Anderson retained at under 3 mill and armia at 1.5..... combined 4.5 (probably half of fiala deal) is in no way a cap dump.... but rather two quality pieces they are adding to fit under the cap for half the price of fiala and they are also getting a first rounder... not saying this will happen but that my explanation for why I think it makes sense for minny also

The problem is Armia isn't a quality piece. He an overpaid 4th liner. Anderson, who has value when healthy even at his full contract, is not enough to garner a second. I have seen so many MTL fans trying to get the 2OA by being a middleman and dumping salary at the expense of the other teams. If NJ is interested in Fiala, they just do the 2OA directly to MIN, and each team adds a few pieces to make it work. he 2OA fits MIN timeline out of cap hell better than Anderson and Armia.
Wildnochance and RazWild liked this.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
Banned

Okay yeah it doesn't make sense, but fiala is gone. Minnesota isn't taking on your two capdump. Like at all. Armia isn't good and wouldn't play in Minnesota. So no. Minnesota will just trade fiala to new Jersey themselves so Minnesota gets 2oa
Jun. 27, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
ISS45
The 2 overall pick is worth a lot more than Fiala. Tom Fitzgerald would only trade this pick for maybe 20 players in the NHL. The Devils have a lot more assets that they can get rid of without trading Holtz or the number 2 pick to get Fiala. A trade of Pavel Zacha and a protected first for the Devils next year is a much better deal for Minnesota than what they are getting in this trade.
Jun. 27, 2022 at 9:39 p.m.
Bruce, there it goes
This is a joke. Why do Habs fans think that they can get massive returns on cap dumps?
Jun. 28, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: CanucksInPurgatory
This is a joke. Why do Habs fans think that they can get massive returns on cap dumps?

if u genuinely think Anderson at under 3 mil is a cap dump and not a valuable asset... thats all I need to know about you opinion
Jun. 28, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Again, 2OA isn't stooping to Fiala. If NJ move the pick, which may well be Wright given the way things are going, they're going to get an elite winger. Fiala is a top 6 winger who can slot on first line. Fiala can get "maybe" Ottawa's 7OA, definitely not NJ's 2OA.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: Wildnochance

U clown.... just went for late first rounder and an a pretty good prospect in Brock. farber.. however if u follow the NCAA and specially university of minsoata you would know he's a greta player but will maybe turn into a top 4 d... this is a huge step back for minsosta... the fact that u were ripping getting a 1st rounders , josh Anderson at 3 mill and armia at 1.4 mill is laughable...
Jun. 29, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
Banned
U clown.... just went for late first rounder and an a pretty good prospect in Brock. farber.. however if u follow the NCAA and specially university of minsoata you would know he's a greta player but will maybe turn into a top 4 d... this is a huge step back for minsosta... the fact that u were ripping getting a 1st rounders , josh Anderson at 3 mill and armia at 1.4 mill is laughable...

No dude you are the clown and joke of Montreal fans living in fantasy. Minnesota was never taking on cap, get over yourself. Armia is a cap dump bottom line Minnesota has amazing of and better. Nobody is taking on Josh and his long term contracts. You are just big mad, deal with it

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll