SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Spit balling

Created by: Dom1422
Published: Jun. 29, 2022 at 11:51 a.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams does not meet the minimum 3 goaltender requirement

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Byron, PaulMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,381,720011---0000--
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,481,183011---0000--
Mailloux, LoganMontreal CanadiensReserve List-$0001---------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Trouba, JacobNew York RangersNHL-$7,956,989011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,923,3341933515917
Change-$1,094,086-1-1-20-10
Final$829,248 (↓)18 (↓)32 (↓)49 (↓)58 (↓)17000

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Trouba, JacobNew York RangersNHL-$7,956,989011---0000--
Kakko, KaapoNew York RangersNHL-$0011---0000--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,481,183011---0000--
Dubois, Pierre-LucWinnipeg JetsNHL-$0011---0000--
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---010------
Initial$11,933,5311435492410
Change$4,475,806000-110
Final$16,409,337 (↑)1435491 (↓)5 (↑)10000

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

Dubois, Pierre-LucWinnipeg JetsNHL-$0011---0000--
Byron, PaulMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,381,720011---0000--
Kakko, KaapoNew York RangersNHL-$0011---0000--
Mailloux, LoganMontreal CanadiensReserve List-$0001---------
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
Initial$18,046,3101329394510
Change-$3,381,720112100
Final$14,664,590 (↓)14 (↑)30 (↑)41 (↑)5 (↑)510000
Jun. 29, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Edited Jun. 29, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
I really am just spit balling here. Could be way off in value. I figure if NY wants Dubois they’d like to shed salary. Trouba would be obvious with Schneider ready for a bigger role. Rangers not wanting to move Schneider by any means tells me they see him as Trouba’s replacement. They take back a veteran D because they can’t unload that contract without taking back some $.

Mailloux is a very good prospect but I’m not sure Mtl wants to deal with the headache in this market. I think Chevy would have no problem taking him and will deal with the noise. Winnipeg takes back Byron for cap reasons.

Groton traded for and signed Trouba. I could see him wanting to get him. I know the contract is brutal, but Habs shed some at the same time. Habs also need help at RD now and long term and Trouba just turned 28.

Is Kakko, Mailloux and a 1st enough to get Dubois?
Jun. 29, 2022 at 12:12 p.m.
WPG fans will say no.
NYR fans will say yes
Habs fans will say yes

The only problem is that Trouba won't waive for a Canadian city. He's got a full NMC until 24/25 and then its a 15 team.
Dom1422 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
WPG fans will say no.
NYR fans will say yes
Habs fans will say yes

The only problem is that Trouba won't waive for a Canadian city. He's got a full NMC until 24/25 and then its a 15 team.

Why did Trouba say something about Canada?

Winnipeg fans probably say no, but what about Winnipeg themselves? I wonder how they view Kakko.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
WPG fans will say no.
NYR fans will say yes
Habs fans will say yes

Maybe playing for is old Gm in Gorton the guys who have trade for him and sign him would be enough to move is NMC.

In any case I don't know if trouba will change something with MTL.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
Why did Trouba say something about Canada?

Winnipeg fans probably say no, but what about Winnipeg themselves? I wonder how they view Kakko.

Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Maybe playing for is old Gm in Gorton the guys who have trade for him and sign him would be enough to move is NMC.

In any case I don't know if trouba will change something with MTL.

He signed in NY due to his wife being a doctor / nurse and getting a job there. He also did not want to play in Canada, based on reports.
Dom1422 and EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
He signed in NY due to his wife being a doctor / nurse and getting a job there. He also did not want to play in Canada, based on reports.

I did a little research, sounds like she was in medical school which was in Florida while Trouba was in Winnipeg, from their quotes the issue didn’t seem to be Canada, it was Winnipeg. Nothing to do and a lack of jobs in the medical field. I assume she’s done with medical school at this point. Montreal is obviously a huge market, lots to do, lots of jobs in the medical field and he’d be playing for a GM that he knows very well. Maybe that situation isn’t an issue anymore, idk. He might not waive, but it’s possible.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
I can't see why Winnipeg would accept cap dumps and poor character players when they would get a better return for PLD as a rental in 2 years.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
I can't see why Winnipeg would accept cap dumps and poor character players when they would get a better return for PLD as a rental in 2 years.

Only way to make a trade work with 90% of the league will include taking back a little salary. They only take back 3.4 mill for just this season. They aren’t going to be competitive with Dubois and Scheifele wanting out so I don’t think they will care. And poor character players? They’ve built a team on poor character players. Their leaders were poor character players. Their GM has poor character. I don’t think they’ll start caring about that stuff now. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Winnipeg were planning on drafting Mailloux had the Habs not taken him.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
Mr.
That's pretty bad for the habs
Segar48 and EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jun. 29, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
I feel troubas value is higher than 2 cap dumps in Savard and Byron, and 2 2nds, The only value Mailloux brings is that he will be worth a 2nd round pick when he doesn't get signed to his ELC. Deangelo is a better player, didn't have as serious issues, and no team would even pick him off waivers.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.
Quoting: Epichashashin
I feel troubas value is higher than 2 cap dumps in Savard and Byron, and 2 2nds, The only value Mailloux brings is that he will be worth a 2nd round pick when he doesn't get signed to his ELC. Deangelo is a better player, didn't have as serious issues, and no team would even pick him off waivers.

Deangelo’s issues are much more serious. He’s a locker room cancer which actually affects your team. Same can’t be said for Mailloux. Also in general Trouba’s value is higher, but with that contract it’s probably not. Also the 2nd “cap dump” in Byron would be going to Winnipeg, same with Mailloux not New York. New York would be getting Dubois, Savard and a 2nd and would only be losing Trouba , Kakko and a late 1st. That sounds like a sweet deal for them imo
Jun. 30, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
Deangelo’s issues are much more serious. He’s a locker room cancer which actually affects your team. Same can’t be said for Mailloux. Also in general Trouba’s value is higher, but with that contract it’s probably not. Also the 2nd “cap dump” in Byron would be going to Winnipeg, same with Mailloux not New York. New York would be getting Dubois, Savard and a 2nd and would only be losing Trouba , Kakko and a late 1st. That sounds like a sweet deal for them imo

In what world is being disliked in a locker room a bigger issue than sexually assaulting a women? If new york wanted to trade Trouba, Kakko, and a 1st for Dubois, why include Montreal at all is my question? Those three would be an overpay for Dubois. For NYR to also take back Savards contract when cap cruncheddoes not make that better. If Byron is constantly being talked about as a buyout option I think that qualifies him as a cap dump.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
Get your stories straight:

DeAngelo isn't "locker room cancer", he's an outspoken supporter of Trump, which didn't blend at all with the Rangers locker room. Other teams were hesitant to pick up his waivers tab since he was on a bigger contract than they were comfortable with taking on. He got snagged up pretty quickly by Carolina, and there hasn't seemed to be any issues there. He had a fantastic season and their locker room probably isn't full of raging leftists, though who knows that for sure. He wasn't racist - that was nonsense spread around reddit by people who didn't know the story. He said something stupid in minor leagues but I don't even know that that was a racist comment or something against the guy's religion... but it was basically trash talk that went too far. The guy's an outspoken lad for south Philly as I hear it, so some might see him as edgy, but locker room cancer is ridiculous.

Mailloux didn't "sexually assault" anyone... the act was obviously consented, the taping of it, no... what he did to that poor girl was typical frat boy behaviour and he got caught. Getting caught doing what he did and having it go public, although he wears the stain, will probably cause him to check his behaviour a lot better than most players currently do. The public is excessively naive when it comes to the private lives of pre-professional and professional athletes, though. If they knew the truth, women with blue hair, ten nose rings, and a buzzcut would picket all sporting events.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 4:04 p.m.
Edited Jun. 30, 2022 at 4:42 p.m.
Quoting: Epichashashin
In what world is being disliked in a locker room a bigger issue than sexually assaulting a women? If new york wanted to trade Trouba, Kakko, and a 1st for Dubois, why include Montreal at all is my question? Those three would be an overpay for Dubois. For NYR to also take back Savards contract when cap cruncheddoes not make that better. If Byron is constantly being talked about as a buyout option I think that qualifies him as a cap dump.

Because Trouba will not go back to Winnipeg so they need a 3rd team to take him. They’ll need to shed salary if they want to add Dubois. Considering they have Schneider they can afford to move on from Trouba. They won’t be able to move Trouba’s enormous contract in any move without taking back some $. I never said Byron isn’t a cap dump, I said I have him going to Winnipeg not New York.

And Mailloux didn’t sexually assault anyone. What he did is something that tons of teenagers do, and 90% of nhlers have probably done. It was a terrible thing to do, but it’s far from sexual assault. It won’t affect a locker room, it won’t affect the team. In a few years the whole incident will be forgotten about especially in Winnipeg.
Jun. 30, 2022 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: Element23VM
Get your stories straight:

DeAngelo isn't "locker room cancer", he's an outspoken supporter of Trump, which didn't blend at all with the Rangers locker room. Other teams were hesitant to pick up his waivers tab since he was on a bigger contract than they were comfortable with taking on. He got snagged up pretty quickly by Carolina, and there hasn't seemed to be any issues there. He had a fantastic season and their locker room probably isn't full of raging leftists, though who knows that for sure. He wasn't racist - that was nonsense spread around reddit by people who didn't know the story. He said something stupid in minor leagues but I don't even know that that was a racist comment or something against the guy's religion... but it was basically trash talk that went too far. The guy's an outspoken lad for south Philly as I hear it, so some might see him as edgy, but locker room cancer is ridiculous.

Mailloux didn't "sexually assault" anyone... the act was obviously consented, the taping of it, no... what he did to that poor girl was typical frat boy behaviour and he got caught. Getting caught doing what he did and having it go public, although he wears the stain, will probably cause him to check his behaviour a lot better than most players currently do. The public is excessively naive when it comes to the private lives of pre-professional and professional athletes, though. If they knew the truth, women with blue hair, ten nose rings, and a buzzcut would picket all sporting events.

Any player that fights a teammate and gets bought out (while being a good player) is a locker room cancer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll