Forums/Armchair-GM

what does WPG get or have to give up

Created by: Wpgman
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 24, 2022
Published: Jul. 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just a list of players that should be moved or acquired.
Trades
WPG
    doesn't have to be EDM but?
    WPG
      doesn't have to be OTT but?
      WPG
      NJD
      1. DeMelo, Dylan
      Additional Details:
      add something to get Severson?
      WPG
      ANA
      1. Wheeler, Blake
      Additional Details:
      Anaheim was first on the list because I am not sure who would be interested in Wheeler? Suggestions?
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the WPG
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      14$82,500,000$51,120,357$0$2,050,000$31,379,643
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
      $7,142,857$7,142,857
      LW
      UFA - 4
      $6,125,000$6,125,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $850,000$850,000
      LW
      UFA - 2
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $3,250,000$3,250,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      LD
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      Logo of the New Jersey Devils
      $4,166,666$4,166,666
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $6,166,667$6,166,667
      G
      UFA - 2
      $5,875,000$5,875,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $900,000$900,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $900,000$900,000
      LD
      RFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.
      Devils are better off holding onto Severson to push for playoffs, and if it isn't meant to be, deal him.at the deadline where teams will have value
      JackForHart liked this.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 1:29 p.m.
      Habs 7th round 1983
      Mike Hoffman
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
      i dont know PLD's worth. if hes getting traded in order for you to get full value it has to be to a team that going to sign him long term. i think the return would be shockingly low for a player with his potential since hes prob heading out of WPG as an FA. my best guess would be similar to the kevin hayes deal to wpg. im thinking more of a first and an A- to B+ prospect
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.
      Severson will cost something similar to savard and chiarot I would imagine. Dillon to edm seems like a fit. Maybe for Jp?

Schmidt doesn’t look like he’ll be on the move. Though Ottawa or MTL seem like fits.

With 1.5-2.5M retained, wheeler has good value. He’s near a pt/gm still and brings loads of experience. Giroux just got signed for 6.5m per. I’d imagine he has decent value at 6-6.5 M
      tsyls and Wpgman liked this.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
      Quoting: Vermathex
      i dont know PLD's worth. if hes getting traded in order for you to get full value it has to be to a team that going to sign him long term. i think the return would be shockingly low for a player with his potential since hes prob heading out of WPG as an FA. my best guess would be similar to the kevin hayes deal to wpg. im thinking more of a first and an A- to B+ prospect

Dubois is worth more than that to a contender as a rental. Hayes was a pending UFA, Dubois is an RFA with another year of team control. He’s worth more than hayes for sure. There will be a desperate contender that’s had injury issues and wants to fill a hole that will pay a high price for two playoff runs with Dubois. I’d imagine he gets close to a top prospect and a 1st. If jets want to make a hockey deal expect a younger player with potential swapped for a prove. Dubois.

Now if you can find a spot where he’d sign long term the value increases.
      Wpgman liked this.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
      Wpgman
      Quoting: NJDevils1317
      Devils are better off holding onto Severson to push for playoffs, and if it isn't meant to be, deal him.at the deadline where teams will have value

I am thinking that DeMelo or Dillon, with Chibrikov and Berdin could work.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
      Wpgman
      Quoting: arafay
      Severson will cost something similar to savard and chiarot I would imagine. Dillon to edm seems like a fit. Maybe for Jp?

Schmidt doesn’t look like he’ll be on the move. Though Ottawa or MTL seem like fits.

With 1.5-2.5M retained, wheeler has good value. He’s near a pt/gm still and brings loads of experience. Giroux just got signed for 6.5m per. I’d imagine he has decent value at 6-6.5 M

Wheeler retained should be tempting but in all honesty it would be in 2 years at TDL but if someone is willing to step up now- great.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
      Wpgman
      Quoting: tsyls
      Dubois is worth more than that to a contender as a rental. Hayes was a pending UFA, Dubois is an RFA with another year of team control. He’s worth more than hayes for sure. There will be a desperate contender that’s had injury issues and wants to fill a hole that will pay a high price for two playoff runs with Dubois. I’d imagine he gets close to a top prospect and a 1st. If jets want to make a hockey deal expect a younger player with potential swapped for a prove. Dubois.

Now if you can find a spot where he’d sign long term the value increases.

That spot is MTL and hope it is a good return and soon. , Dvorak, FLA 1st, top prospect (Barron), and a wildcard (Drouin)
      tsyls liked this.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
      Future Ducks legend
      Wheeler doesn't realistically represent any value to Anaheim, Arizona, or Chicago, with his declining stats and age he will be a UFA/retired before we are ready to get some use out of him. The only reason they would take him on would be to take his full cap in exchange for futures coming to them for the cap dump. Then those teams could retain 50% and turn around and flip him to a competitor for additional futures/prospects.

That said, Wheeler may be able to be laundered/3 way deal to a competitor who wants him through those teams for cap retention.

Seattle might want him as well, as I think they are actively trying to be better this season. I just can't think of any other teams that have 8 mil in cap space that want to take on a 35 year old forward for two years.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
      Wpgman
      Quoting: GiggywithGibby
      Wheeler doesn't realistically represent any value to Anaheim, Arizona, or Chicago, with his declining stats and age he will be a UFA/retired before we are ready to get some use out of him. The only reason they would take him on would be to take his full cap in exchange for futures coming to them for the cap dump. Then those teams could retain 50% and turn around and flip him to a competitor for additional futures/prospects.

That said, Wheeler may be able to be laundered/3 way deal to a competitor who wants him through those teams for cap retention.

Seattle might want him as well, as I think they are actively trying to be better this season. I just can't think of any other teams that have 8 mil in cap space that want to take on a 35 year old forward for two years.

The end team would be a contender so what trades scenarios could there be?
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
      Quoting: Wpgman
      I am thinking that DeMelo or Dillon, with Chibrikov and Berdin could work.

Why should the Devils trade down now? The Devils aren't about quantity, they aren't rebuilding. They need one solid piece to fill holes.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
      Future Ducks legend
      The end team would be a contender so what trades scenarios could there be?

Based on cap space available and the desire to take a major step forward this season, I'm thinking it's either New Jersey or Ottawa. Both are mostly young teams that could benefit from some veteran presence, don't really need picks right now because they are coming out of rebuilds and have a young core, or may have an overabundance of prospect talent.

I would say Minnesota would be interested for the same reason, but 12 mil in dead cap this year and 15 for the next two really destroys their ability to.

And of course Vegas, because Vegas is "in" on everyone. Maybe they realize they've made a huge mistake trading away all their futures and offer Eichel for Wheeler and some draft picks before his NMC kicks in (if it hasn't already)
      Wpgman liked this.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
      With the Jets objective to trade Wheeler without salary retention (source: every WPG beat reporter), then the market for Wheeler is non-existent unless the Jets add in a sweetener that they don't want to give up.
      Jul. 24, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
      That spot is MTL and hope it is a good return and soon. , Dvorak, FLA 1st, top prospect (Barron), and a wildcard (Drouin)

I think the likelihood of that happening is low considering Dubois accepted his qualifying offer

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll