SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 17, 2022 at 3:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Very fair, but it is the National Hockey league. Just my opinion but Dallas not having Robertson and Oettinger locked up yet is more of a story than the Leafs 4th LD not resigned yet. But that's me, I get the Leafs make more clicks

Yeah the fact Sandin is being discussed over possibly the goalie of the future not being signed is mind boggling

Also man I wish Sandin had arb as the arb would have probs awarded him a 1.8-2mill x 2 year deal and we would have moved on
Aug. 17, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
I generally agree, but the Kadri saga is a major storyline that hockey fans all across North America care about. And despite living in the States, I prefer Sportsnet.com for their analysis and writing over NHL.com Kadri is a big time UFA, a former Leaf, and a lightning rod for media scrutiny. I want to stay on top of the latest developments. RFA's like DAL's are far less intriguing to me.

See that’s the thing though. There haven’t been any developments on any UFAs lol. Everybody’s on summer vacation right now, including, apparently, the agents and players
Aug. 17, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
Yeah the fact Sandin is being discussed over possibly the goalie of the future not being signed is mind boggling

Also man I wish Sandin had arb as the arb would have probs awarded him a 1.8-2mill x 2 year deal and we would have moved on

I just want some resolution at this point, sign, trade, offer sheet. Give me something
zk97 and csick liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:07 p.m.
KFTW
I just want some resolution at this point, sign, trade, offer sheet. Give me something

Where does he play tho. The left side Rielly, Muzzin and Gio right now.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Im reserved for the long haul as look how well it turned out for the other Swed on the team

Steal of a contract rn

Dubas should stand put or if he does budge go a little higher than what he was standing pat on (i.e. instead of 1.5mill go 1.85mill)
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: csick

I say play right side with Giordano and when Muzzin or someone gets hurt there yah go LD spot is yours. Cause when you play with Gio the points will come and he will make up for any mishaps

As lets be real there are gonna be injuries and learning to play your offside add some dynamics his game.

Or just go to Rielly and say hey man can you play RD your already getting paid so you got nothing to lose. Plus apparently Rielly's best offensive numbers have come from the right side so why not try it out for a bit
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Sandin for Hoglander is a trade that would benefit both teams IMO
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899

LD is just as crowed no?
Hughes, OEL, Dermott
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
LD is just as crowed no?
Hughes, OEL, Dermott

Dermott can play RD though remember (Gardiner-Dermott pairing that drove us nuts) or (Sandin-Dermott)

That said not a huge fan of Hoglander. Something was off with him and when you got the BBQ king giving you barely any ice time towards the end you know your game was bad

Now Kaliyev would be someone of interest
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

I honestly don’t know. He is not comfortable playing the right side. I guess:
Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Liljegren
Sandin Gio
Or something like that. IMO they will regret holding onto Muzzin. It’s too late now, but they should have traded him before the draft. Waive him, force his hand if you had too.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Dermott can play RD though remember (Gardiner-Dermott pairing that drove us nuts) or (Sandin-Dermott)

That said not a huge fan of Hoglander. Something was off with him and when you got the BBQ king giving you barely any ice time towards the end you know your game was bad

Now Kaliyev would be someone of interest

LAK and VAN are still both right up against the cap tho. Moving a controllable contract on an ELC doesn’t make much sense.

ANA is the fit IMO
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I honestly don’t know. He is not comfortable playing the right side. I guess:
Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Liljegren
Sandin Gio
Or something like that. IMO they will regret holding onto Muzzin. It’s too late now, but they should have traded him before the draft. Waive him, force his hand if you had too.

This is probs it

Sandin probs plays his offside but hey when you got Gio as a teacher man imagine if Sandin does what he did last year but on the offside potential budget Theodore in the making and when Muzzin probs retires in 2023 you got a guy who has learned to play both sides and should be ready for top 4 mins
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
This is probs it

Sandin probs plays his offside but hey when you got Gio as a teacher man imagine if Sandin does what he did last year but on the offside potential budget Theodore in the making and when Muzzin probs retires in 2023 you got a guy who has learned to play both sides and should be ready for top 4 mins

I don’t anyone in the organization wants Sandin playing his offside, he doesn’t look comfortable there.
FaYVToSWIAA5ya_?format=jpg&name=900x900

For me this comes down to fit not money on why he is still unsigned.

I absolutely tho have a great appreciation for Liljegren. Dude sucked it up multiple years with the Marlies and trusted the process the Leafs management team setup for him.

Like I get why Sandin finds it hard to see a future this year but ****, he hasn’t done anything yet to warrant waiting this long
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:45 p.m.
LD is just as crowed no?
Hughes, OEL, Dermott

Vancouver desperately needs a defenseman with high upside so they should just acquire any good young D.

I would go with

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Sandin-Dermott
Aug. 17, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Vancouver desperately needs a defenseman with high upside so they should just acquire any good young D.

I would go with

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Sandin-Dermott

I like Hoglander but could VAN even fit in Sandin at 1.6-2mil depending on what he is asking. I guess if they think Poolman is also going on LTIR, then maybe.

My only issues with trading Sandin for a forward is they will have 1 defenceman under 28 on the roster 😧

And having gone two drafts now without selecting a Dman, that would leave Kokkonen and Kral (both long shots) as the next best LD prospect.

I think is sooner trade him for a D prospect that can go up and down still from the minors.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 6:24 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

I would go with

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Sandin-Dermott

You’re forgetting Jack Rathbone who is pretty much a lock for our roster unless something goes completely wrong during training camp
Aug. 17, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
You’re forgetting Jack Rathbone who is pretty much a lock for our roster unless something goes completely wrong during training camp

Maybe move OEL to the right side with Hughes .

Hughes-OEL
Sandin-Dermott
Rathbone-Myers
Aug. 17, 2022 at 7:05 p.m.
I like Hoglander but could VAN even fit in Sandin at 1.6-2mil depending on what he is asking. I guess if they think Poolman is also going on LTIR, then maybe.

My only issues with trading Sandin for a forward is they will have 1 defenceman under 28 on the roster 😧

And having gone two drafts now without selecting a Dman, that would leave Kokkonen and Kral (both long shots) as the next best LD prospect.

I think is sooner trade him for a D prospect that can go up and down still from the minors.

The leafs should keep sandin and give him 2nd pair minutes, but if they can’t agree to a contract/role with the team , then Hoglander makes a lot of sense. He’d be a good fit with Tavares and Nylander.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 7:07 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Maybe move OEL to the right side with Hughes .

Hughes-OEL
Sandin-Dermott
Rathbone-Myers

Not sure how comfortable it would be playing 5 LHD and only 1 RHD though…
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:05 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
Not sure how comfortable it would be playing 5 LHD and only 1 RHD though…

I mean, that defence is never going to be good so why not 😉
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:16 p.m.
The leafs should keep sandin and give him 2nd pair minutes, but if they can’t agree to a contract/role with the team , then Hoglander makes a lot of sense. He’d be a good fit with Tavares and Nylander.

Sandin isnt ready for that. He has gotten opportunities and at times has done well and other times showed why Muzzin is a necessity. Sandin's best has been when he played third pair with Lybushkin or other veteran guys. Sandin needs at least one more full season before we can commit him to over 20mins a night in tough shutdown minutes. He also needs to stay healthy as thats been an issue it seems

As for Hoglander he wouldnt really fit with how JT and Nylander role. What those two need is basically a guy already in the system and should play once his NCAA season ends. Other guy though would be Kaliyev
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:18 p.m.
Sandin isnt ready for that. He has gotten opportunities and at times has done well and other times showed why Muzzin is a necessity. Sandin's best has been when he played third pair with Lybushkin. Sandin needs at least a full season before we can commit him to over 20mins a night in tough shutdown minutes

As for Hoglander he wouldnt really fit with how JT and Nylander role. What those two need is basically a guy already in the system and should play once his NCAA season ends

He definitely is ready for that. The times he hasn’t played well is when he was put on his offside with Rielly. When he’s on his strong side he’s had good numbers with everyone he’s played with…Liljegren, dermott, Lybushkin

Hoglander would fit in that role. They need someone to drive play and forecheck. It’s unlikely knies will be ready to contribute in a 2nd line role
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
KFTW
Per Bruce Garrioch, no sense of urgency for Chychrun to be moved. Trades usually heat up after labour day. The 4 teams that have been consistently in trade talks are Anaheim, LA , Ottawa and Florida. But Florida don’t have 1sts to move, Anaheim aren’t good enough to move 1sts . And Arizona don’t want to move him to LA or Anaheim anyways . So Ottawa is the front runner . Also said makes no sense for Ottawa to move Greig or Sanderson. Also a deal for Chychrun with Columbus for 12th overall ++ got nixed at the draft
aadoyle and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Per Bruce Garrioch, no sense of urgency for Chychrun to be moved. Trades usually heat up after labour day. The 4 teams that have been consistently in trade talks are Anaheim, LA , Ottawa and Florida. But Florida don’t have 1sts to move, Anaheim aren’t good enough to move 1sts . And Arizona don’t want to move him to LA or Anaheim anyways . So Ottawa is the front runner . Also said makes no sense for Ottawa to move Greig or Sanderson. Also a deal for Chychrun with Columbus for 12th overall ++ got nixed at the draft

Figured. I got a feeling hes going in 2023 when Arizona will get a better sense of where they are at and what they really want. More teams will also have space to go get him
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean, that defence is never going to be good so why not 😉

Because that means we have to strictly depend on Tyler Myers as our only RHD on the penalty kill. Demko will likely carry anyway but it would be nice to actually have an RHD that is good defensively and kills penalties. Demko had a top 3 goals against, and one of the highest save percentage at 5v5.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll