$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 8
$1,255,000$1,255,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 8
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:22 a.m.
i dunno
hm, yes id say throwing every asset we have at an extremely overpayed defenseman and placing right wingers on the left wing, and left wingers on the right wing is pretty unpopular... wonder why
sedin33 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:35 a.m.
Quoting: tea
hm, yes id say throwing every asset we have at an extremely overpayed defenseman and placing right wingers on the left wing, and left wingers on the right wing is pretty unpopular... wonder why

Garland has played a lot of LW I think in Arizona and plays well on either side. Podkolzin is more of a RW than a LW but doesn’t seem to mind playing either side. Same thing for ZAR, he’s played a lot of both sides in Pittsburgh. Hoglander plays a lot of both as well. And I think Mikheyev is more of a RW than a LW. If anything I’d switch Mikheyev and Hoglander’s positions. But the Seth Jones trade is something I would stay away from honestly. I get the need for a RHD to pair with Hughes but this isn’t the way
theleano1 and sedin33 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:43 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Canucks pass way to much for Jones, like the player but not at the cost, especially at that contract
Knuckl3s liked this.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:47 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
If you think that's going to win you the Severson deal I got bad news for you. The Ducks would probably beat that by a cool mil each year to land him.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:56 a.m.
i dunno
Quoting: BestGMBenning
Garland has played a lot of LW I think in Arizona and plays well on either side. Podkolzin is more of a RW than a LW but doesn’t seem to mind playing either side. Same thing for ZAR, he’s played a lot of both sides in Pittsburgh. Hoglander plays a lot of both as well. And I think Mikheyev is more of a RW than a LW. If anything I’d switch Mikheyev and Hoglander’s positions. But the Seth Jones trade is something I would stay away from honestly. I get the need for a RHD to pair with Hughes but this isn’t the way

thing is, Horvat isnt gonna be playing 3C, and that means either Miller or Petey has to play LW. So either way, Garland or Mikheyev shifts to RW.

I'd imagine keeping Miller would look something like this:

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Podkolzin - Horvat - Garland
Hoglander - (3C, maybe Lekkerimäki if we're lucky) - Mikheyev
Aug. 28, 2022 at 4:10 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky

at 8 mill he wouldn't be overpaid and every winger is in their right spot
Aug. 28, 2022 at 4:10 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky
thing is, Horvat isnt gonna be playing 3C, and that means either Miller or Petey has to play LW. So either way, Garland or Mikheyev shifts to RW.

Miller - Petey - Boeser

You can easily have Horvat at #C
Aug. 28, 2022 at 4:11 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
If you think that's going to win you the Severson deal I got bad news for you. The Ducks would probably beat that by a cool mil each year to land him.

Doubt he would want to go to a re-building team at this point in his career
Aug. 28, 2022 at 4:56 a.m.
i dunno
Quoting: CanucksFansRtheSmartest
Doubt he would want to go to a re-building team at this point in his career

Broski, the Canucks aren't much better than the Ducks at this point. The Ducks have historically been a more favorable destination either way

Give me one good reason why Severson would take a discount to go to Vancouver?
Aug. 28, 2022 at 4:56 a.m.
i dunno
You can easily have Horvat at #C

Yeah but why would you do that? such a waste
Aug. 28, 2022 at 5:24 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky
Broski, the Canucks aren't much better than the Ducks at this point. The Ducks have historically been a more favorable destination either way

Give me one good reason why Severson would take a discount to go to Vancouver?

The Fact Severson is 28 and has played 4 playoff games in which they got swept in? The Ducks are at least 3 years out, He really isn't taking a discount he is getting about Market rate, Not many teams ready to contend have the cap room for Severson, Let alone live in a nice city in Vancouver and Be back on the in Western Canada again.

Yeah but why would you do that? such a waste

Why would you not? you'd have 3 extremely strong lines
Aug. 28, 2022 at 6:46 a.m.
i dunno
The Fact Severson is 28 and has played 4 playoff games in which they got swept in? The Ducks are at least 3 years out, He really isn't taking a discount he is getting about Market rate, Not many teams ready to contend have the cap room for Severson, Let alone live in a nice city in Vancouver and Be back on the in Western Canada again.

Why would you not? you'd have 3 extremely strong lines

First of all, Severson is probably resigning with the Devils. He himself wants to stay in New Jersey, and they have the cap space to resign him. Second of all, there are a ton of teams with the cap room for Severson that are ready to contend. Ottawa and Detroit come to mind immediately, Anaheim is on the way up, same with Buffalo and of course New Jersey. The Kings might be an option, depending on how they approach their contract situation, and some other teams could potentially make a swing for him, the Canucks are far from the only or best destination for him. I don't really know what you mean by "and Be back on the in Western Canada again," I don't even know if that's english. There's like two or three NHL teams between where he grew up and Vancouver, they're not even in the same time zone. I'm pretty sure St Paul, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Chicago, and Seattle are all closer than Vancouver, and I'm not even sure he cares about playing near where he grew up, a lot of players don't.

Furthermore, having a guy like Horvat on the 3rd line is such a waste of his talents, giving him less ice time to work. It's just unequivocally a worse option than having Miller and Petey on the 1st line, with Horvat leading the 2nd line. Horvat is too good to play 3C. I mean seriously, tell me one team who has a player of Horvat's caliber on their 3rd line. I'll wait
Aug. 28, 2022 at 6:53 a.m.
First of all, Severson is probably resigning with the Devils. He himself wants to stay in New Jersey, and they have the cap space to resign him. Second of all, there are a ton of teams with the cap room for Severson that are ready to contend. Ottawa and Detroit come to mind immediately, Anaheim is on the way up, same with Buffalo and of course New Jersey. The Kings might be an option, depending on how they approach their contract situation, and some other teams could potentially make a swing for him, the Canucks are far from the only or best destination for him. I don't really know what you mean by "and Be back on the in Western Canada again," I don't even know if that's english. There's like two or three NHL teams between where he grew up and Vancouver, they're not even in the same time zone. I'm pretty sure St Paul, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Chicago, and Seattle are all closer than Vancouver, and I'm not even sure he cares about playing near where he grew up, a lot of players don't.

Furthermore, having a guy like Horvat on the 3rd line is such a waste of his talents, giving him less ice time to work. It's just unequivocally a worse option than having Miller and Petey on the 1st line, with Horvat leading the 2nd line. Horvat is too good to play 3C. I mean seriously, tell me one team who has a player of Horvat's caliber on their 3rd line. I'll wait

Big Jeff Carter
Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:00 a.m.

Miller - Petey - Boeser

There’s some deep decisions to make this next off-season if Miller stays. But the thing you’re missing in that top 9 is Kuzmenko. Somebody in opinion absolutely ends up getting moved to make room for other players like Linus Karlsson, Jonathan Lekkerimaki, and even Danila Klimovich. So there are some players that should be in the top 9 that you are missing
Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:13 a.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

I’m sure you know this as a Ducks fan, that the Ducks really have no need for him down the line. They acquired Drew Helleson from the Manson trade and can end up on the team sometime this year or next season. They already have Jamie Drysdale who’s potential is pretty high. And there’s been recently drafts Tristan Luneau and Noah Warren and bunch of other depth RHDs. Now all the meanwhile I do not know how long Anaheim will be in a rebuilding stage but as of right now they seem to know they are rebuilding but also still want to be hard to play against. If they really wanted to compete they would’ve offered Klingberg a long term deal and have Shattenkirk signed to an extension and be making more moves to compete. But Shattenkirk as we know has one year left on a team rebuilding and signed Klingberg to a one year deal. The reason being is because they have drafted the defencemen to take their places in the coming years and going after a Damon Severson wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for them and then they’d have to spot for those defencemen to play. The only defencemen they’d probably target are ones willing to sign short term deals. And a defencemen like Severson would be looking to sign with a competing team on a long term deal.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:17 a.m.
i dunno
There’s some deep decisions to make this next off-season if Miller stays. But the thing you’re missing in that top 9 is Kuzmenko. Somebody in opinion absolutely ends up getting moved to make room for other players like Linus Karlsson, Jonathan Lekkerimaki, and even Danila Klimovich. So there are some players that should be in the top 9 that you are missing

Kuzmenko is faar from a sure thing. Yes he looks good, like most KHL guys who come over to North America, but for one reason or another a lot of them don't work out here. Kuzmenko could be great, or he could be terrible, so I'm not gonna assume he'll be a top 6 even top 9 player next year.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:25 a.m.

If just like to elaborate the Severson part. It doesn’t matter how much cap space the Devils have for him, but it’s rather the need for him back in New Jersey. If they wanted to keep him around they wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on acquiring John Marino AFTER drafting Simon Nemec. So all the meanwhile you aren’t wrong, they don’t need to do a darn thing, they still have Dougie Hamilton and John Marino and then in the prospect pool you also have Simon Nemec as already named, Reilly Walsh, another recently drafted RHD Seamus Casey, Shakir Mukhamadullin(he’s listed as a RD even though he’s a lefty). So for New Jersey there is a good amount of decisions they must make when it comes to Severson and Ryan Graves as Luke Hughes is another defencemen that’ll be getting a look in the league later in the season id imagine.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 7:38 a.m.
Kuzmenko is faar from a sure thing. Yes he looks good, like most KHL guys who come over to North America, but for one reason or another a lot of them don't work out here. Kuzmenko could be great, or he could be terrible, so I'm not gonna assume he'll be a top 6 even top 9 player next year.

And yet in your outcome it seems like you have him flopping in the NHL level. All the meanwhile I do get that a lot of Russian players have flopped but there’s been a good amount recently that haven’t. In my very honest unbiased opinion I think he will end up succeeding in the NHL. He just seems like he has the talent to find that success in the league. I do t expect any crazy numbers from him like Kaprisov or Panarin rookie numbers. But I think he’ll still perform decently.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
Bedard23
You shouldn’t be allowed to lottery protect two picks and if you can that rule needs to change
Aug. 28, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I get the idea of having 3 really good lines (wish my Jets would build a better 3rd line!) but putting Horvat at 3C would be a real waste.

No chance the Hawks are retaining that much for that long, pretty sure Jones wants to stay south of the border too.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 11:39 a.m.
i dunno
And yet in your outcome it seems like you have him flopping in the NHL level. All the meanwhile I do get that a lot of Russian players have flopped but there’s been a good amount recently that haven’t. In my very honest unbiased opinion I think he will end up succeeding in the NHL. He just seems like he has the talent to find that success in the league. I do t expect any crazy numbers from him like Kaprisov or Panarin rookie numbers. But I think he’ll still perform decently.

If he does, it's a bonus, but I think we gotta be realistic. Found money usually doesn't amount to much, the best case scenario is often a Mikheyev. He might be excellent, in which case I'll welcome it, but for now I'm keeping my expectations down. In the case that he does work out as a top 6 option, I think trading someone like Garland to shore up the defense would be a good idea, in that case the lineup would look like this:

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Kuzmenko - Horvat - Podkolzin
Höglander - [3C] - Mikheyev

I think that's a pretty elite team, given Boeser bounces back and Höglander can break out a little. Either way there's a lot of options on wing, we currently have maybe 7 wingers with top 6 potential (Miller/Petey, Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Höglander), so there's tons of possibilities, no matter what happens to Kuzmenko.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
If he does, it's a bonus, but I think we gotta be realistic. Found money usually doesn't amount to much, the best case scenario is often a Mikheyev. He might be excellent, in which case I'll welcome it, but for now I'm keeping my expectations down. In the case that he does work out as a top 6 option, I think trading someone like Garland to shore up the defense would be a good idea, in that case the lineup would look like this:

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Kuzmenko - Horvat - Podkolzin
Höglander - [3C] - Mikheyev

I think that's a pretty elite team, given Boeser bounces back and Höglander can break out a little. Either way there's a lot of options on wing, we currently have maybe 7 wingers with top 6 potential (Miller/Petey, Boeser, Garland, Podkolzin, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko, Höglander), so there's tons of possibilities, no matter what happens to Kuzmenko.

You aren’t wrong on that though. But have a little faith in Kuzmenko. It is t very often Russias top players sign with Vancouver
tea liked this.
Aug. 29, 2022 at 1:20 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky

Severson won't be back with the Devils they have no need for him, No one wants to live in Ottawa or Detroit or Buffalo nor all 3 of those teams close to the playoffs, There have been rumors of him wanting to play in Western Canada, Calgary and Edmonton won't have the cap, Winnipeg will have gone to **** by next year, Severson market value is only 6mill, and so him taking 150k less really isn't a big deal when he'd make that in endomrenments here as for Horvat he played 3c last year, There simply is no room for Miller to be on the wing
Aug. 29, 2022 at 1:22 a.m.
Sell The Team Franky
Quoting: IconicHawk
You shouldn’t be allowed to lottery protect two picks and if you can that rule needs to change

Why should that rule change lmfao
Aug. 29, 2022 at 3:48 a.m.
i dunno
Severson won't be back with the Devils they have no need for him, No one wants to live in Ottawa or Detroit or Buffalo nor all 3 of those teams close to the playoffs, There have been rumors of him wanting to play in Western Canada, Calgary and Edmonton won't have the cap, Winnipeg will have gone to **** by next year, Severson market value is only 6mill, and so him taking 150k less really isn't a big deal when he'd make that in endomrenments here as for Horvat he played 3c last year, There simply is no room for Miller to be on the wing

ok yeah there's no hope for you, I'm sorry I tried

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll