$4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LW
    RFA
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $762,500$762,500
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $821,667$821,667
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $5,200,000$5,200,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,666,667$3,666,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
    Desperate for what? You didn't provide them with anything they need and in return took their best defenseman
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    Sabres dont have room for watson and are not going to be helping anyone out, especially not division rivals
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Desperate for what? You didn't provide them with anything they need and in return took their best defenseman

Pietrangelo is their best defenseman... and eats up the most minutes and Pietrangelo plays with Martinez so he doesn't even play on the top pairing as Theodore plays with McNabb. They have Hague coming up who plays the LD spot. Vegas will need cap space especially if they struggle this season. Defense is the only area they have left to trim from. The key is not really sending any money back Vegas' way unless they play Thomson in their top 6. Vegas gets 1st rounder, 1st round prospect, and a top end goaltending prospect, and roundly $5M in cap space. Do remember right that come after the Season, Shea Weber's contract counts towards the summer salary cap. So it does help in-season it does not however help you form your team in the summer months. So all in all it's actually a nice haul for Vegas to remove their 2nd pairing defenseman get a top defense prospect, goaltending prospect which Vegas doesn't have outside of Thomson. So yeah it's a fairly decent trade off for both teams.
    Sens_Sicko liked this.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:23 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: Shibbal18
    Sabres dont have room for watson and are not going to be helping anyone out, especially not division rivals

I only added Buffalo because I read an article saying Adams would like to find some toughness to help look after the younger guys. I figured Watson is a good fit, and makes sense for Ottawa so they can keep Kastelic up who is a big body who skates, hits, and fights. But if Buffalo is looking for a grinding/toughness type player Watson will fit the bill for them.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
    Quoting: Riddick19
    Pietrangelo is their best defenseman... and eats up the most minutes and Pietrangelo plays with Martinez so he doesn't even play on the top pairing as Theodore plays with McNabb. They have Hague coming up who plays the LD spot. Vegas will need cap space especially if they struggle this season. Defense is the only area they have left to trim from. The key is not really sending any money back Vegas' way unless they play Thomson in their top 6. Vegas gets 1st rounder, 1st round prospect, and a top end goaltending prospect, and roundly $5M in cap space. Do remember right that come after the Season, Shea Weber's contract counts towards the summer salary cap. So it does help in-season it does not however help you form your team in the summer months. So all in all it's actually a nice haul for Vegas to remove their 2nd pairing defenseman get a top defense prospect, goaltending prospect which Vegas doesn't have outside of Thomson. So yeah it's a fairly decent trade off for both teams.

the guy in this deal isn’t even the sens’ best goalie prospect. they’re not so desperate for cap space that they’d ship their best defenseman off for two mid prospects and a first in 2024.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.

Not every team deploys their top 2 defenders on the first line because some teams roll all 3 pairings with big minutes or 2 pairings, for example Tampa had Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh all on different lines in the previous 2 or 3 years.

Theodore is definitely their second best dman which is why he averages the second highest minutes on the team after Pieterangelo.
    Riddick19 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:29 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: bagelbob
    the guy in this deal isn’t even the sens’ best goalie prospect. they’re not so desperate for cap space that they’d ship their best defenseman off for two mid prospects and a first in 2024.

Merilainen is better than any goaltending prospect Vegas has, and neither Meralianen or Thomson aren't mid-level prospects. Thomson should round out to be a player very similar to Theodore. He's just not there yet. Did you also forsee Vegas shipping out their best LW and goal scorer for that whopping Future Considerations?
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
    Merilainen is better than any goaltending prospect Vegas has, and neither Meralianen or Thomson aren't mid-level prospects. Thomson should round out to be a player very similar to Theodore. He's just not there yet. Did you also forsee Vegas shipping out their best LW and goal scorer for that whopping Future Considerations?

Honestly, he is 33, on the last year of his deal and they needed cap space. The writing was on the wall, any team would have done it, I personally didn't see that as the typical LV shenanigans that they have become known for. They have Jack Eichel so he'll replace him as the top scorer easily with a healthy year.
    VGKNation702 and bagelbob liked this.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: GMBL
    Not every team deploys their top 2 defenders on the first line because some teams roll all 3 pairings with big minutes or 2 pairings, for example Tampa had Hedman, Sergachev, and McDonagh all on different lines in the previous 2 or 3 years.

Theodore is definitely their second best dman which is why he averages the second highest minutes on the team after Pieterangelo.

Totally agree but if ANY TEAM is sending you a 1st round pick, a top end NHL ready defense prospect, and a top end goalie prospect.... You're not getting a 3rd pairing guy that maybe can fill on the 2nd pairing....especially when that said team is $10M over the cap ceiling.... I referenced the TOI because someone said Theodore was their #1 defenseman which he is not, and I agree he is their number 2. Difference being than Theodore is not as good in his own zone as Martinez, hence why they don't play together. With Hague and Chayka also coming up, one of Hague, Chayka, or Thomson can fill in admirably allowing them to play players on the cheap.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:42 p.m.
    Totally agree but if ANY TEAM is sending you a 1st round pick, a top end NHL ready defense prospect, and a top end goalie prospect.... You're not getting a 3rd pairing guy that maybe can fill on the 2nd pairing....especially when that said team is $10M over the cap ceiling.... I referenced the TOI because someone said Theodore was their #1 defenseman which he is not, and I agree he is their number 2. Difference being than Theodore is not as good in his own zone as Martinez, hence why they don't play together. With Hague and Chayka also coming up, one of Hague, Chayka, or Thomson can fill in admirably allowing them to play players on the cheap.

Vegas is compliant now I believe, with their LTIR pool relief.
    VGKNation702 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    I only added Buffalo because I read an article saying Adams would like to find some toughness to help look after the younger guys. I figured Watson is a good fit, and makes sense for Ottawa so they can keep Kastelic up who is a big body who skates, hits, and fights. But if Buffalo is looking for a grinding/toughness type player Watson will fit the bill for them.

True but i havent seen that article. And the roster is pretty capped on bodies. I am very much a propontent of adding toughness, this team has been one of the weakest in the league since Gaustad left and theyve coincidentally missed the playoffs every year since
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
    Sens will have enough cap space this season. I'd rather send Zaitsev to the AHL and wait for another year to expire on his deal. It won't cost two 2nds then

This is not enough for Theodore and even then, if they were desperate, Theodore would be the last player they move as he is on a sweetheart deal

no biggie as the Sens have no intention or need to trade Watson, who has an expiring contract and a role on the team this season.

Merilainen doesn't have a lot of value as of now. I would say 3rd round pick maximum

And you're underrating Theodore I think, who is very close to Chabot level. I really doubt Thomson will ever be close to that level
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.

You have to be a troll, Theodore is a top 20 defenseman in the league. Thomson probably struggles for a full time role down the line.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
    Sabres pass. Redundant player.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.

if thomson becomes even 3/4 of what theodore is now, he’s a top 30 d-man in the league. i don’t see that for him. logan thompson (who’s 25!) is better than meralianen. the pacioretty move is more logical than people would like to believe.
    Sep. 3, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
    If I were the Buffalo GM, I would take Zaitsev, 2024 2nd round pick (WSH) and 2023 2nd round pick (OTT).
    Riddick19 and GMTD liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: bagelbob
    if thomson becomes even 3/4 of what theodore is now, he’s a top 30 d-man in the league. i don’t see that for him. logan thompson (who’s 25!) is better than meralianen. the pacioretty move is more logical than people would like to believe.

Never said Vegas would have to get rid of Meralainen just that it's good not to throw all your eggs into his basket. Pacioretty makes sense if the move was done by a team not expecting to be in the Cup Finals again. But Vegas is in win-now mode and got absolutely nothing for the likely 35 goals he would've contributed. So no it doesn't make any sense at all. The only reason it makes any sense was because it was the only move they had. Everyone else making some money have term left on their deals, meaning other teams didn't want them. That is why Vegas let go of their 35 goal player, not because it made sense it was due to lack of options
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 1:42 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    True but i havent seen that article. And the roster is pretty capped on bodies. I am very much a propontent of adding toughness, this team has been one of the weakest in the league since Gaustad left and theyve coincidentally missed the playoffs every year since

Lyubushkin will fight so they did add some toughness this offseason. But Lyubushkin might be considered a player the Sabres will want on the ice. But looking at their lineup they can definitely use a little muscle.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll