4$3,500,000
1$750,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Hathaway, Garnet
  2. Hofer, Ryan [Reserve List]
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
using Rickard Rakell trade as a comp (2nd, prospect, cap)
WSH
  1. Monahan, Sean ($3,187,500 retained)
Additional Details:
Idea: WSH goes out and gets a C for their playoff run with Backstrom out
MTL
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (CGY)
  2. 2024 4th round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Idea: KH and CGY are frequent trading partners and CGY gets a good player for not that much for a playoff run
CGY
  1. Drouin, Jonathan ($2,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
using 2021 jeff carter trade as comp: (2 3rds post conditions but slightly less due to Drouin being a UFA)
MTL
  1. Faksa, Radek
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (DAL)
  3. 2023 4th round pick (DAL)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Idea: DAL gets some scoring punch for their playoff "run"
DAL
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni ($2,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
same thing as trade above but more since Faksa is coming back
MTL
  1. 2024 5th round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. Hathaway, Garnet
Additional Details:
depth playoff piece
MTL
  1. Johansson, Jonas
  2. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Idea: COL's goaltending isn't working out so they go out and get a guy that's proven is a good goalie in his time in MTL
COL
  1. Allen, Jake
Additional Details:
This is probably the move that gets the most eyebrows here but COL paid a 1st for Kuemper so...
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$72,739,166$1,132,500$5,920,000$9,760,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 4, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
I dont think the rangers would accept that
mv21227 liked this.
Sep. 4, 2022 at 6:08 p.m.
Colorado isn’t giving up a 1st for an average backup. No team is
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2022 at 6:08 p.m.
I hate this team
monahan would have to have a really good year just to have positive value
Sep. 4, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
I'm actually down for that Caps trade at the TDL, but it would probably have to be Johansson and not Hathaway. I don't think Hathaway will be traded at all, I think Laviolette values him too much.

Also, it all depends on the year Monahan is having...if he isn't playing well then no way any team will be in for him.
Sep. 4, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
COL seriously laughs at that a back up rental goalie for a 1st, while we are laughing at things Monahan getting a 2nd. I mean MTL fans just insanely overrating guys.
Sep. 4, 2022 at 9:33 p.m.
Dr
Dobby and a 3rd for Dado at 50%.
Sep. 5, 2022 at 7:58 a.m.
Quoting: RobbinGoods
Dobby and a 3rd for Dado at 50%.

Not enough value for Montreal. If they’re willing to take Faksa, you say thank you very much
Sep. 5, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Dr
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
Not enough value for Montreal. If they’re willing to take Faksa, you say thank you very much

Dont think Nill would.
If we needed to move money,Dobby would be the first to go. Cheapest option.

Would have to revisit this trade closer to the deadline. I think Deboer will use his players better than Bones did. Ide like to see what the Stars roster can do with a new coach before i ship any of them out. Shame Klinger couldnt be here.

Is Dado in Montreal gonna be producing like he did with the Sens or Florida/Vegas?
Dont see Dallas without a 2nd,3rd or 4th in 2023. 3rd is already gone to Chicago i believe.

Would need to wait closer to deadline to give a final say on this. New coach for Faksa, new team for Dado. Let’s just see how it plays out for now
Sep. 5, 2022 at 10:23 p.m.
Dont think Nill would.
If we needed to move money,Dobby would be the first to go. Cheapest option.

Would have to revisit this trade closer to the deadline. I think Deboer will use his players better than Bones did. Ide like to see what the Stars roster can do with a new coach before i ship any of them out. Shame Klinger couldnt be here.

Is Dado in Montreal gonna be producing like he did with the Sens or Florida/Vegas?
Dont see Dallas without a 2nd,3rd or 4th in 2023. 3rd is already gone to Chicago i believe.

Would need to wait closer to deadline to give a final say on this. New coach for Faksa, new team for Dado. Let’s just see how it plays out for now

Dobby is off after this year. I just don’t see room for Faksa’s cap hit moving forward. And he’s been brutally bad recently. Bowness playing him non stop hasn’t helped anything
RobbinGoods liked this.
Sep. 5, 2022 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: canucksfan43
I dont think the rangers would accept that

of course not , it was proposed by someone here. That is equal value and pretty fair for both sides. If you don't think so add some value to the conversation and say why and what needs to be adjusted
Sep. 6, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.
Dr
Dobby is off after this year. I just don’t see room for Faksa’s cap hit moving forward. And he’s been brutally bad recently. Bowness playing him non stop hasn’t helped anything

Bones ruined a few players, Gurianov and Klingberg were orobably affected the most by his system. Faksa was overplayed of course. But if Deboer plays players to their strengths , then Faksa should be part of a checking line and PK and should do well doing just that.

Maybe next season someone will need a guy like Faksa, and if he can bounce back we wont be losing too many picks to move him.

Like I said, im goving the roster till the deadline to pass judgement on who should go. Everyone deserves a shot with the new coach.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 8:49 a.m.
Bones ruined a few players, Gurianov and Klingberg were orobably affected the most by his system. Faksa was overplayed of course. But if Deboer plays players to their strengths , then Faksa should be part of a checking line and PK and should do well doing just that.

Maybe next season someone will need a guy like Faksa, and if he can bounce back we wont be losing too many picks to move him.

Like I said, im goving the roster till the deadline to pass judgement on who should go. Everyone deserves a shot with the new coach.

DeBoer doesn’t run a checking line. Klinger’s flaws have always been there they were just more noticeable in Bowness’ system. Guri needs to get his head on right. Proper usage will help but it’s still on him to produce
Sep. 6, 2022 at 9:56 a.m.
Dr
DeBoer doesn’t run a checking line. Klinger’s flaws have always been there they were just more noticeable in Bowness’ system. Guri needs to get his head on right. Proper usage will help but it’s still on him to produce

Kling made up for his flaws by producing points. Hard to do that in a dump and chase system. Klinger was the only guy to speak up about the system they were playing.

Deboer might not have a checking line but he has enough checking forwards to make one, lol. He can spread em out and hope those lines work if he wants. He’s not gonna rely on Faksa for goal scoring thats for sure. We’ll just have to wait and see how Deboer makes his lines and judge from there.

Guri will be fine. His strength is scoring goals and Deboer will use him for that. Guri played very good in our cup run, after Pavelski took over the team in the Calgary series that is. Shame Bowness got the credit for that and ended up sticking around for 2 years.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
Kling made up for his flaws by producing points. Hard to do that in a dump and chase system. Klinger was the only guy to speak up about the system they were playing.

Deboer might not have a checking line but he has enough checking forwards to make one, lol. He can spread em out and hope those lines work if he wants. He’s not gonna rely on Faksa for goal scoring thats for sure. We’ll just have to wait and see how Deboer makes his lines and judge from there.

Guri will be fine. His strength is scoring goals and Deboer will use him for that. Guri played very good in our cup run, after Pavelski took over the team in the Calgary series that is. Shame Bowness got the credit for that and ended up sticking around for 2 years.

Bowness took Monty’s system to the cup finals. Shame nobody up front saw it for what it was. Guri will be just fine if used properly. I have no doubt. Having enough checking forwards for a checking line isn’t a good thing. Having Glendening on the fourth line at his cap hit is fine with me. Faksa takes up too much cap space and doesn’t do enough and will keep any line mates you give him from being productive offensively. Which is a BIG problem considering we have a lot of talented young forwards that need to be put into positions they can succeed. Faksa’s contract and reputation as a good defensive center (used to be, not any more) will ALWAYS automatically hand him too much TOI. He needs to go. Klinger is a third pair power play defenseman that wanted top pair money. To be fair he was playing top pair minutes but he got destroyed at even strength so imo he was playing above his ability at 5v5. If you want that guy on your team, trade for Nils and pocket the extra 6-7 million in cap space. The fact that Klinger wanted Seth Jones money makes me sick. I’m glad he’s gone
Sep. 7, 2022 at 10:13 a.m.
Dr
Bowness took Monty’s system to the cup finals. Shame nobody up front saw it for what it was. Guri will be just fine if used properly. I have no doubt. Having enough checking forwards for a checking line isn’t a good thing. Having Glendening on the fourth line at his cap hit is fine with me. Faksa takes up too much cap space and doesn’t do enough and will keep any line mates you give him from being productive offensively. Which is a BIG problem considering we have a lot of talented young forwards that need to be put into positions they can succeed. Faksa’s contract and reputation as a good defensive center (used to be, not any more) will ALWAYS automatically hand him too much TOI. He needs to go. Klinger is a third pair power play defenseman that wanted top pair money. To be fair he was playing top pair minutes but he got destroyed at even strength so imo he was playing above his ability at 5v5. If you want that guy on your team, trade for Nils and pocket the extra 6-7 million in cap space. The fact that Klinger wanted Seth Jones money makes me sick. I’m glad he’s gone

Bones got an extra 2 years after that run. Pretty sure thats credit to him. Which shouldnt of been. He didnt improve anything during the pause and we looked like garbage in the seeding round. Same style of play.
Then we play Calgary and all of a sudden people are noticing Pavelski stays after practice to tip pucks. Stars start playing more tipping/garbage pick up game and start looking better. You can credit Bones if you want, ide say Pavelski was the driving force behind our cup run.

I dont recall Klinger asking for 9 mil, what i heard was 7-8 mil. We did owe him a raise from his previous deal for sure but definitely not 9 mil. Any idea how much Nill’s offer was?
I would of gave him a 1 year contract just to see if it was Bones or decline causing his loss of production
Sep. 7, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
Bones got an extra 2 years after that run. Pretty sure thats credit to him. Which shouldnt of been. He didnt improve anything during the pause and we looked like garbage in the seeding round. Same style of play.
Then we play Calgary and all of a sudden people are noticing Pavelski stays after practice to tip pucks. Stars start playing more tipping/garbage pick up game and start looking better. You can credit Bones if you want, ide say Pavelski was the driving force behind our cup run.

I dont recall Klinger asking for 9 mil, what i heard was 7-8 mil. We did owe him a raise from his previous deal for sure but definitely not 9 mil. Any idea how much Nill’s offer was?
I would of gave him a 1 year contract just to see if it was Bones or decline causing his loss of production

8 million was the number released during the negotiation process. I read later on that the starting ask was the Seth Jones contract. Why do you think we owed him a raise? Because he was on a value deal through most of his contract? He signed that deal. That’s on him. We shouldn’t throw lots of money at him because he used to be a top pair defenseman. That’s just bad business and how bad contracts happen. Ask Chicago how that last Seabrook deal worked out. He will go to Anaheim and score his points and everybody will be running around saying “see he’s amazing”. But it’s a quiet enough market for nobody to be running around saying “geez this guy is crap 5v5”. Anaheim will cash him in at the TDL and I honestly hope we don’t have cap space to be going back after him next year. Points are important but if you’re bleeding just as many or more points at the other end of the ice you’re a net negative

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll