C
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$912,500$912,500 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 5
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 5
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$987,500$987,500
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 9, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: Richard88
Interesting idea with Zadina or Veleno, would definitely make it better.

Lindholm got a haul partly because he was willing to extend in Boston where he signed immediately. One of the 2nd's was to compensate for the Moore capdump too, so the value for Lindholm alone was 1st + 2nd + good prospect... which is not far off what I'm talking about with 1st + Olausson + B prospect/3rd.

Larkin is a 1C (or even as a 2C) so he should hold quite a bit more value than Lindholm as a LD. Perhaps if their ages were reversed then they would be more comparable in value.

Of course there's the matter of value vs if a team wants to pay the players value or not. I totally agree that Boston knowing they could resign Lindholm made them comfortable giving that package, which is why I did say that Colorado probably wouldn't pursue him unless they are certain they can sign him or that they are confident in their chances of repeating because of the trade. Having Veleno or Zadina would make things better in terms of Colorado because they won't be left with nothing. I think Colorado would be willing to give up Newhook because if they are looking for a 2C it would mean that he isn't ready yet, he is only 21 but his development just might not fit the timeline of the current roster, and they can just wait on a guy like Veleno who is a year older but also slowly developing for the future.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
Datsyukian
Quoting: Dekes
what? lol

any deal around larkin would have to incude newhook+ colorado's next 2 1sts

No, it wouldn't.
Richard88 and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
Datsyukian
Trading Larkin this season as a rental is actually a very interesting prospect. He will more than likely come right back in the offseason as the captain of the team, but the Wings can capitalize and get some much needed draft/prospect capital.

It probably won't happen but a trade like this is not nearly as absurd as most of the sh*t we see on here.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: GMBL
Larkin is a 1C (or even as a 2C) so he should hold quite a bit more value than Lindholm as a LD. Perhaps if their ages were reversed then they would be more comparable in value.

Of course there's the matter of value vs if a team wants to pay the players value or not. I totally agree that Boston knowing they could resign Lindholm made them comfortable giving that package, which is why I did say that Colorado probably wouldn't pursue him unless they are certain they can sign him or that they are confident in their chances of repeating because of the trade. Having Veleno or Zadina would make things better in terms of Colorado because they won't be left with nothing. I think Colorado would be willing to give up Newhook because if they are looking for a 2C it would mean that he isn't ready yet, he is only 21 but his development just might not fit the timeline of the current roster, and they can just wait on a guy like Veleno who is a year older but also slowly developing for the future.

Contenders typically don't use roster pieces to add to their rosters at the TDL, especially using valuable ELC's already contributing to the team in key roles.

Lindholm vs Larkin's age is irrelevant as both are still in their primes as UFAs.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
So long as he remains unsigned....

Same goes for MacKinnon too, though as a contender the Avs obviously won't trade him even if he remains unsigned at the TDL.

Both Yzerman and Larkin have publicly stated that they WILL work out a deal, not that they'll "try". The only reason his extension isn't already done, is that there's no rush, as it's already a foregone conclusion. If there's a player that one could speculate on until a deal is done, it's Bertuzzi. That one is still very 50/50.
Richard88, Datsyukian and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
retired
larkin doesnt have the term left on his contract to command newhook and a 1st
Richard88 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Quoting: Datsyukian
Trading Larkin this season as a rental is actually a very interesting prospect. He will more than likely come right back in the offseason as the captain of the team, but the Wings can capitalize and get some much needed draft/prospect capital.

It probably won't happen but a trade like this is not nearly as absurd as most of the sh*t we see on here.

As I usually post said absurdity, It would be really cool to see a high end pending ufa in their prime get traded with a hand shake deal that he will return after a cup run. That way he can come back and share stories with the cupless peasants. Only problem is it would likely remove the 8th year option.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Contenders typically don't use roster pieces to add to their rosters at the TDL, especially using valuable ELC's already contributing to the team in key roles.

Lindholm vs Larkin's age is irrelevant as both are still in their primes as UFAs.

My point was that Larkin isn't older for him to have less value than Lindholm or similar. He plays a prime position which is why he is more valuable than Lindholm, I was just pointing out that Larkin isn't a 31 year old C for example for him to have similar value as Lindholm. Now I know you are saying Larkin as a rental vs Lindholm as a rental who was resignable but because Larkin hasn't said he is testing FA next year so the Wings don't have to trade him as one since there could be other teams who can resign him that would be interested, so it's Col's choice whether they want to pay more than they would for a typical rental. There could be mitigations in-place like taking back a young prospect or a roster player with term but they would have to find a happy medium. However, Larkin does have a NTC which could limit Detroit's options, to trading him as a rental or resigning him.
Richard88 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
As I usually post said absurdity, It would be really cool to see a high end pending ufa in their prime get traded with a hand shake deal that he will return after a cup run. That way he can come back and share stories with the cupless peasants. Only problem is it would likely remove the 8th year option.

Sakic and Yzerman could make a handshake deal that Larkin's UFA rights get traded back to Detroit after the playoffs so that they can do the 8th year. Of course that would also decrease the asking price slightly, or Detroit just give a pick back before UFA which is effectively the same.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:47 a.m.
John 3 16
My point was that Larkin isn't older for him to have less value than Lindholm or similar. He plays a prime position which is why he is more valuable than Lindholm, I was just pointing out that Larkin isn't a 31 year old C for example for him to have similar value as Lindholm. Now I know you are saying Larkin as a rental vs Lindholm as a rental who was resignable but because Larkin hasn't said he is testing FA next year so the Wings don't have to trade him as one since there could be other teams who can resign him that would be interested, so it's Col's choice whether they want to pay more than they would for a typical rental. There could be mitigations in-place like taking back a young prospect or a roster player with term but they would have to find a happy medium. However, Larkin does have a NTC which could limit Detroit's options, to trading him as a rental or resigning him.

Fair points.

One thing I want to mention in response is that 1 LHD is a prime position too.
GMBL liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.

I would imagine that would be grounds for the other team to file a tampering complaint, since that's what it would look like. Teams usually don't file that kind of stuff though, but if they did Yzerman, for example, wouldn't say we had a handshake agreement-I don't know if that would be against the rules- because no one would trust him when it comes to trading for pending ufas for teams that hope to resign the pending ufa, and those who are just trading for them as rentals will offer less stating that he probably has a handshake agreement anyways.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Detroit accepts the Pysyk deal as I believe he will be out for the season. I think enough has been said about Larkin.
aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
I would imagine that would be grounds for the other team to file a tampering complaint, since that's what it would look like. Teams usually don't file that kind of stuff though, but if they did Yzerman, for example, wouldn't say we had a handshake agreement-I don't know if that would be against the rules- because no one would trust him when it comes to trading for pending ufas for teams that hope to resign the pending ufa, and those who are just trading for them as rentals will offer less stating that he probably has a handshake agreement anyways.

If im reading this right, you're assuming Sakic is making this trade in bad faith. That is not what I am suggesting. Yazermin and Sakic are buddies and stand up guys. I could see teams not involved with the trade raising a stink like when the Sakic rule(Orpik-Grub trade) came into place.
GMBL liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:02 a.m.
Fair points.

One thing I want to mention in response is that 1 LHD is a prime position too.

That's true, the way that I look at it though is that 1D is a prime position and the prime asset would be a 1RHD RD, 1LHD RD (usually can also play RD), 1LHD RD (likely a LD as well), and then 1LHD LD. I should have said the prime position for skaters.

Goaltending is arguably the most important position but it's a whole different animal because of the unpredictability, so let's just ignore it lol.
Richard88 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:06 a.m.
If im reading this right, you're assuming Sakic is making this trade in bad faith. That is not what I am suggesting. Yazermin and Sakic are buddies and stand up guys. I could see teams not involved with the trade raising a stink like when the Sakic rule(Orpik-Grub trade) came into place.

Would be Yzerman making the trade in bad faith in the example, but I was just using Larkin to Col as an example, but the comment was more about your desire to see such trades happening, and why we wouldn't see it happen. I did think you meant a GM+player do something like that in bad faith though.

You probably are right, that other GMs wouldn't like two GMs who are close doing that either. They will probably say using a non-playoff team as a farm team ruins the integrity of the sport and fair competition.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
Would be Yzerman making the trade in bad faith in the example, but I was just using Larkin to Col as an example, but the comment was more about your desire to see such trades happening, and why we wouldn't see it happen. I did think you meant a GM+player do something like that in bad faith though.

You probably are right, that other GMs wouldn't like two GMs who are close doing that either.

Just think of it as subleting a player while your team is on competitive vacation.
Edit: I now believe nhl teams should be able to short term rental their players if they aren't in the playoffs.
Datsyukian liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
Datsyukian

Wouldn't even need to be a handshake. Larkin will retire a Red Wing.
MeetYourMakar and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
Wouldn't even need to be a handshake. Larkin will retire a Red Wing.

I see him getting his number retired, but probably no hhof. Same with Landy.
Edit: Poor Larkin needs to experience the playoffs. 5 games in his rookie year is but a tease.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:15 a.m.
Datsyukian
I see him getting his number retired, but probably no hhof. Same with Landy.

If they win Cups he will probably get his number retired - HOF is anyone's guess.

Landy I don't think warrants either.
aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
If they win Cups he will probably get his number retired - HOF is anyone's guess.

Landy I don't think warrants either.

You're crazy then. Landy probably gets it before the cup. Longest serving captain by the time he retires, puts up points, woops ass, led Avs to a cup and is a Norse god.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:22 a.m.
Just think of it as subleting a player while your team is on competitive vacation.
Edit: I now believe nhl teams should be able to short term rental their players if they aren't in the playoffs.

I think most executives would hate that lol, because it would change the whole dynamic of rentals at tdl, it would make it less rewarding for teams trading away rentals, since similar or higher profile players would be loaned out for less. The reduced risk would also mean that more playoff teams take on rentals, so it gets rid of the aspect of taking on the risk to get an advantage.

Landeskog is a great captain and good player but he's going to need cups for sure to make him be considered great.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
Datsyukian
You're crazy then. Landy probably gets it before the cup. Longest serving captain by the time he retires, puts up points, woops ass, led Avs to a cup and is a Norse god.

Landy is a fine player. He's the captain sure but he's the 4th (5th?) best player on this team and the Avs werent much before then. He surely didn't lead them to the Cup haha.

HOF is quite ambitious. I dont like retiring numbers for the sake of retiring numbers. That's a serious honor.
aedoran liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
Larkin isn't available. He will retire a Wing.

If they take Larkin it makes it that much easier to take MacKinnon.
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 12:32 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Sorry, that is quite a poor offer for Larkin.

Normally I'd agree but Larkin becomes a free agent comes back to Detroit after the playoffs. So I think it's a fair rental price especially since Larkin will return with playoff experience.
Richard88 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
That Larkin trade is not lightyears away from reality. His expiring contract status isn't a factor as he will be re-signed. Before Larkin was named Captain, Yzerman was quoted as saying the whoever the next Captain of the Red Wings is, that player will be Captain for a long time. A year later he chose Larkin.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll