$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$1,825,000$1,825,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
C
RFA - 3
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$791,667$791,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 17, 2022 at 3:44 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Edited Nov. 17, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
Detroit accepts. 😁. I think the problem is Lavy. He won't play him. Hard to get out of the doghouse when you don't play. I know CMM has had some injury problems. But I think a Zadina for CMM swap could be good for both teams. I think Newsy would be a good coach for CMM. Lavy didn't like Vrana either but Trotz had no issue with him when he was on the Cup winning Caps team.
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
I hate this team
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
Detroit accepts. 😁. I think the problem is Lavy. He won't play him. Hard to get out of the doghouse when you don't play. I know CMM has had some injury problems. But I think a Zadina for CMM swap could be good for both teams. I think Newsy would be a good coach for CMM. Lavy didn't like Vrana either but Trotz had no issue with him when he was on the Cup winning Caps team.

has zadina been really disappointing this season?
Nov. 17, 2022 at 3:58 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Quoting: SellTheTeam
has zadina been really disappointing this season?

He's injured right now. Zadina tries so hard and does everything well but score goals. Which is ironic because that's why Detroit drafted him. I just think Zadina needs to get out of Detroit and get a fresh start. Ovie could mentor him and perhaps even turn his career around.
DeadWingsv2 and AZWings liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Detroit says "sure, why not?"

Zadina really just needs a change of scenery I think... he's done everything right, looks great every night he plays and then you look at the score sheet and go "oh, damn, again?!"... he's just been absolutely snake bitten and now he's hurt, from doing things the right way - blocking a shot...

I feel for the guy and just want him to get a fresh start at this point...
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.
TuckerKaberleSundin
Leafs accept
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

McMichael hasn't really had injury problems, he's just in the doghouse like you said. To my eye, Laviolette just doesn't trust McMichael right now, which is keeping him in the press box. I really just think he needs minutes at center to develop, but it seems like it won't happen here. Zadina is too talented to not take a flyer on imo
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: krakowitz
McMichael hasn't really had injury problems, he's just in the doghouse like you said. To my eye, Laviolette just doesn't trust McMichael right now, which is keeping him in the press box. I really just think he needs minutes at center to develop, but it seems like it won't happen here. Zadina is too talented to not take a flyer on imo

It's the best fitting change of scenery trade both ways I've seen presented yet for Zadina
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.

McM has shown that he is not NHL ready, especially this season. I truly do not get why fans blame Lavy on this and think McM should be playing.

McM is not an everyday NHL center right now. He does not have a terribly great shot, does not finish, does not have great defensive positioning/awareness, isn't lightning fast, is not physical, isn't fantastic on the dot, and cannot play on the PK, as a bottom 6 center should. There is nowhere at center for him to play, as I would take Eller over McM all day, solely because without Eller, there is a MASSIVE hole on the PK (since McM cannot play on the PK). McM number, when he does play, have been ABSOLUTELY terrible.

I do not think the Caps should move on from him, as he is 21 years old. But send him to Hershey - give him big time minutes, and then next year hopefully he fits into the 3rd line.

And for the record, Vrana was a healthy scratch under Trotz many times. I don't think during the Cup year (maybe playoffs as I know Burky was a healthy scratch a few times), but Trotz was not the biggest fan of Vrana...Reiden was not either
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Quoting: All_Knowing
McM has shown that he is not NHL ready, especially this season. I truly do not get why fans blame Lavy on this and think McM should be playing.

McM is not an everyday NHL center right now. He does not have a terribly great shot, does not finish, does not have great defensive positioning/awareness, isn't lightning fast, is not physical, isn't fantastic on the dot, and cannot play on the PK, as a bottom 6 center should. There is nowhere at center for him to play, as I would take Eller over McM all day, solely because without Eller, there is a MASSIVE hole on the PK (since McM cannot play on the PK). McM number, when he does play, have been ABSOLUTELY terrible.

I do not think the Caps should move on from him, as he is 21 years old. But send him to Hershey - give him big time minutes, and then next year hopefully he fits into the 3rd line.

And for the record, Vrana was a healthy scratch under Trotz many times. I don't think during the Cup year (maybe playoffs as I know Burky was a healthy scratch a few times), but Trotz was not the biggest fan of Vrana...Reiden was not either

Vrana played 73 regular season games and 23 playoff games during the Caps Cup winning season under Trotz. He also played all 82 games the next season under Reirdon. Anything else you'd like to pull from your arse? You know nothing.
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 6:41 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

McMichael certainly is NHL ready, he showed last year he's capable of skating with NHLers and making good decisions. He didn't make a significant amount of standout plays, but there's a good raw profile for a middle six player there without question. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence, nerves, not fitting the system, or whatever it may be, but it's evident that this doesn't work for him or the team and he deserves a fresh start somewhere else.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 6:42 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: DarcyTucker
Leafs accept

Do they? I'm intrigued by Jensen, not sure why they need Sheary.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Ritzy

I hate to use cliches like this, but he does nothing but work on the ice and is a guy you need in the playoffs. Can play on any line, with anyone, and still be effective. Speedy, quick, sneaky skill and high IQ. Excellent penalty killer too.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
TuckerKaberleSundin
Quoting: Ritzy

Gotta have some scoring outside of the top 6. Sheary can provide that.
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 17, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
I like the change of scenery swap but still am hoping Zadina can pull a Tage Thompson and just have an absolutely incredible breakout season. Tage went from fourth line production to top line production in one season. Hoping something similar happens here.
I think that trade is good for the Leafs.
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 18, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
Zadina McM swap would be interesting -- two guys with some of the absolute worst on-ice metrics in the league lol. Would hope the caps would get a little extra thought, as center is a more premium position and McM is a little younger.
All_Knowing liked this.
Nov. 18, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
McMichael certainly is NHL ready, he showed last year he's capable of skating with NHLers and making good decisions. He didn't make a significant amount of standout plays, but there's a good raw profile for a middle six player there without question. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence, nerves, not fitting the system, or whatever it may be, but it's evident that this doesn't work for him or the team and he deserves a fresh start somewhere else.

fresh start? I mean, the guy has been in the NHL for just over a year...and is 21...and was a first round draft pick

you don't sell a guy like that just yet, especially when their will be a spot tailor made for him next year

And I agree there is raw talent there, which is why you don't sell just yet. But he has certainly not be good enough this year to earn a spot. You can't just give a guy a spot because he's young and was a first round draft pick...Who would you bench for him? and before you say Eller, who would replace Eller on the PK?
Nov. 18, 2022 at 10:56 a.m.
Vrana played 73 regular season games and 23 playoff games during the Caps Cup winning season under Trotz. He also played all 82 games the next season under Reirdon. Anything else you'd like to pull from your arse? You know nothing.

I wonder if he was scratched or injured during the Caps Cup season / the year after in 2019-2020 where he played 69 games...

But yeah - thanks for the fact checking - I stand corrected. No need to get aggressive though buddy lolol- just a site to talk hockey
Nov. 18, 2022 at 11:18 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
fresh start? I mean, the guy has been in the NHL for just over a year...and is 21...and was a first round draft pick

you don't sell a guy like that just yet, especially when their will be a spot tailor made for him next year

And I agree there is raw talent there, which is why you don't sell just yet. But he has certainly not be good enough this year to earn a spot. You can't just give a guy a spot because he's young and was a first round draft pick...Who would you bench for him? and before you say Eller, who would replace Eller on the PK?

In general, you'd think he'd get in the lineup over Protas. But Protas is better right now at what the coaching staff values more, which is why it's not working for him here. The Caps also have a history of being reactive instead of proactive in situations like this, with Vrana being the exception. Burakovsky, Siegenthaler and Stephenson all asked for trades because they weren't getting opportunities and had fallen out of favor with the coaches.

I'd also like to see McMichael develop on the penalty kill as well. He has the toolkit of a guy who can kill penalties, I think he just needs experience in that regard.
Nov. 18, 2022 at 11:46 a.m.
In general, you'd think he'd get in the lineup over Protas. But Protas is better right now at what the coaching staff values more, which is why it's not working for him here. The Caps also have a history of being reactive instead of proactive in situations like this, with Vrana being the exception. Burakovsky, Siegenthaler and Stephenson all asked for trades because they weren't getting opportunities and had fallen out of favor with the coaches.

I'd also like to see McMichael develop on the penalty kill as well. He has the toolkit of a guy who can kill penalties, I think he just needs experience in that regard.

Ya know, that is a great point. I see what you mean and totally agree with the Caps usually being reactive in situations like this.

I'd like to see McM develop on the PK as well - he does have the tools to kill penalties, but just needs the experience to get the positioning down. That experience would come from Hershey hopefully, but doesn't look like he will be sent down anytime soon...
Nov. 18, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
I think we could get more for sheary and Jensen imo.

This would be the ideal package https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/652715

For jensen
Nov. 18, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: capsfan2121
I think we could get more for sheary and Jensen imo.

This would be the ideal package https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/652715

For jensen

That would definitely be an ideal package. I think that's a weird fit for a trade given they already have Bouchard, Ceci and Barrie locked up (even though Barrie sucks) it seems unlikely one of them either get scratched or move to their off side
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2022 at 6:48 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
That would definitely be an ideal package. I think that's a weird fit for a trade given they already have Bouchard, Ceci and Barrie locked up (even though Barrie sucks) it seems unlikely one of them either get scratched or move to their off side

it would all depend if barrie gets traded your right.

what do you think we should do with mcm. i know its going to hershey but would you like to see us trade him instead to get a good piece
Nov. 18, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: capsfan2121
it would all depend if barrie gets traded your right.

what do you think we should do with mcm. i know its going to hershey but would you like to see us trade him instead to get a good piece

I do think we should deal him. It's time to be proactive rather than reactive with young guys not getting minutes. I think if we can do something like this and get Zadina, who we can give an extended look to on the wing with a skilled center would be ideal. I don't want to package anything together just because we're so thin on assets, so if there's a defenseman with term or something we could get for him I'd be all ears
capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll