NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 22, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
I think we'd have to give up a better prospect than Cameron Whynot for Meier. Otherwise, the trade would be fair. I don't think Calgary would risk the 10MM QO they would need to give him this summer. It gives San Jose less options for trading him. If I'm Meier, I would take the QO, bet on myself and sign the following year for a long term deal. Giving up Kylington for Chychrun, seems like a waste though.
Ledge_And_Dairy and KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: Dr_Invictus
I think we'd have to give up a better prospect than Cameron Whynot for Meier. Otherwise, the trade would be fair. I don't think Calgary would risk the 10MM QO they would need to give him this summer. It gives San Jose less options for trading him. If I'm Meier, I would take the QO, bet on myself and sign the following year for a long term deal. Giving up Kylington for Chychrun, seems like a waste though.

On top of that as nice as Meier is I don't see any chance Calgary sells low on Mangiapane right now. The guy has literally averaged an 18.2% shooting percentage over the previous 3 seasons and is currently shooting at 8.6% this year. I think there will still be some line juggling to happen, maybe we see the Mangiapane reunited with Coleman and Backlund to get him sparked, as well as playing Huberdeau with Kadri.
We also don't need to move Mangiapane to add someone like Meier for this season. Right now we have 24 players on the active roster because of the 2 players on IR and are still projected to have 3M in TDL cap space without placing anyone on LTIR. As soon as Stone comes back and Gilbert is sent down we will have probably closer to 5M in space.

I agree on the Chychrun part too, as much as I like JC he's just not a need and that package does not sound enticing at all for Arizona. Kylington is short term despite having decent value, Rooney is worthless, Phillips was free a month ago, and a late 1st
Dr_Invictus and KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
Stovetop
This doesn't make sense for SJ at all. Mangiapane, whos had a slow start to the season, is just a big step down in replacing Timo, who I'd MUCH rather just extend. The first would have to be 2023, top 10 protection is fine. But whynot is not a good enough prospect coming back. Sharks desperately need RD in their system, there's already a logjam at LD.

The value overall isn't super far off in a vacuum, but in context of where the Sharks are, it doesn't really make sense.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
On top of that as nice as Meier is I don't see any chance Calgary sells low on Mangiapane right now. The guy has literally averaged an 18.2% shooting percentage over the previous 3 seasons and is currently shooting at 8.6% this year. I think there will still be some line juggling to happen, maybe we see the Mangiapane reunited with Coleman and Backlund to get him sparked, as well as playing Huberdeau with Kadri.
We also don't need to move Mangiapane to add someone like Meier for this season. Right now we have 24 players on the active roster because of the 2 players on IR and are still projected to have 3M in TDL cap space without placing anyone on LTIR. As soon as Stone comes back and Gilbert is sent down we will have probably closer to 5M in space.

I agree on the Chychrun part too, as much as I like JC he's just not a need and that package does not sound enticing at all for Arizona. Kylington is short term despite having decent value, Rooney is worthless, Phillips was free a month ago, and a late 1st

I have to wonder if Mangiapane's high shooting % is just coming back to earth from having Tkachuk and Gudreau on the team, even if indirectly by not matching up against the opponent's top D line. I agree that selling low isn't ideal now. The real question is if he can actually maintain that level of play or if Calgary can sell high when he returns to form, however briefly. It's hard to find consistency with Sutter's line shuffling.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
I would want Meier over mangiapane if that’s the offer
Nov. 22, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
I have to wonder if Mangiapane's high shooting % is just coming back to earth from having Tkachuk and Gudreau on the team, even if indirectly by not matching up against the opponent's top D line. I agree that selling low isn't ideal now. The real question is if he can actually maintain that level of play or if Calgary can sell high when he returns to form, however briefly. It's hard to find consistency with Sutter's line shuffling.

Doubtful, check out his QoC in the JFresh players card from this summer. Mangiapane just has far too strong of a 2-way game to give up on him now. He probably comes around
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 22, 2022 at 5:04 p.m.
TrevorA

Sutter’s line combos have been garbage this season, but so has our Defence and Goaltending imo

I definitely see a bigger move at the Trade Deadline, but until then, we need to keep shuffling the lines and looking internally, including call ups and even demotions to spur guys like Dube & Mang who have shown flashes, but haven’t finished well enough.

We should have throttled PHI last night. It was way too close in the end. Mang missed a wide open net and had a very bad giveaway last night because he didn’t want to get hit. I’d put him & Dube on the 4th line with Pelletier or Philips for a few games to see if their energy can create some spark and so they can work their way back up the lineup

Kadri needs more defensive wingers like Coleman & Lewis or Ritchie. Huberdeau & Backs have looked good together, give them a finisher like Toffoli or Phillips and watch what happens.

I’m all for balanced lines and more speed & youth as opposed to traditional Scoring, Shut Down, Checking and Energy lines
Nov. 23, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.
Rotheisler
hey, nice job, would love to see those.
Nov. 24, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: KingofRnR
Sutter’s line combos have been garbage this season, but so has our Defence and Goaltending imo

I definitely see a bigger move at the Trade Deadline, but until then, we need to keep shuffling the lines and looking internally, including call ups and even demotions to spur guys like Dube & Mang who have shown flashes, but haven’t finished well enough.

We should have throttled PHI last night. It was way too close in the end. Mang missed a wide open net and had a very bad giveaway last night because he didn’t want to get hit. I’d put him & Dube on the 4th line with Pelletier or Philips for a few games to see if their energy can create some spark and so they can work their way back up the lineup

Kadri needs more defensive wingers like Coleman & Lewis or Ritchie. Huberdeau & Backs have looked good together, give them a finisher like Toffoli or Phillips and watch what happens.

I’m all for balanced lines and more speed & youth as opposed to traditional Scoring, Shut Down, Checking and Energy lines

I would like to see Philips or Pelltier get a look instead of Lewis, Ritchie and Lucic. As much as I like Lucic, he doesnt have the speed or cardio to backcheck effectively. Sutter's use of "energy guys" is somewhat Ironic, because most of them don't have the speed to play an effective two way game.
Nov. 24, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Doubtful, check out his QoC in the JFresh players card from this summer. Mangiapane just has far too strong of a 2-way game to give up on him now. He probably comes around

I don't think you can give up on him until there is a market for him. That JFresh guy certainly has a good gig going. 12K a month just to make weighted average cards for NHL players.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll