Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 14, 2022 at 8:34 a.m.
exo2769
I really don't think he's the best fit for TOR. TOR already has a dynamic offense and a great Top RWer in Marner. The only way Kaner accepts is if TOR's willing to drop Marner off the top PP. Which shouldn't be a thing. Use the assets you have for a target that'll better compliment what TOR needs, vs simply going for the high-profile guy. BUT I'll also admit that TOR hasn't done nearly enough at TDLs in the past...that might sound counter-intuitive to my previous point, but I don't believe it is.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 8:41 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: exo2769
I really don't think he's the best fit for TOR. TOR already has a dynamic offense and a great Top RWer in Marner. The only way Kaner accepts is if TOR's willing to drop Marner off the top PP. Which shouldn't be a thing. Use the assets you have for a target that'll better compliment what TOR needs, vs simply going for the high-profile guy. BUT I'll also admit that TOR hasn't done nearly enough at TDLs in the past...that might sound counter-intuitive to my previous point, but I don't believe it is.

ROR is the guy I would want to see them get. Personally I don't like the Kane. He's a terrific player but a bad person. No thanks on him.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
DarthKane
Fair deal, but I could see Toronto going after Toews instead of Kane.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
You know Kerfoot and Kane have the same number of goals this year....four. That's an overpay for the 2022 edition of Kane.
kster34 and Faulk_my_Dzingel liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
Hawks probably accept if Kaner is willing to waive for Toronto. Although not sure why Toronto needs Kane??
Dec. 14, 2022 at 11:47 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
ROR is the guy I would want to see them get. Personally I don't like the Kane. He's a terrific player but a bad person. No thanks on him.

LMAO you know him personally?
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:24 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: ChiHawk
LMAO you know him personally?

Do we need to go through all the stuff that he's done?
Dec. 14, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Do we need to go through all the stuff that he's done?

Do you know him personally?
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Rip
Do you know him personally?

Who cares? Quality people don't assault cab drivers over less than 50 cents. Quality people don't get embroiled in sexual assault allegations. Quality people don't ignore when a teammate is sexually assaulted by a coach.

I have no interest in having that sort of character around.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
Who cares? Quality people don't assault cab drivers over less than 50 cents. Quality people don't get embroiled in sexual assault allegations. Quality people don't ignore when a teammate is sexually assaulted by a coach.

He was drunk and did something stupid with a cab driver over a decade ago as a kid....doesn't make him a bad person over a decade later.

He was setup over a decade ago and the police nor the prosecutors could make a case after the mother of the supposed victim tampered with evidence. So the question remains was the victim setting him up? Did Kane do something wrong? Did they both do something wrong? Nobody knows and thus if you are going to call his character into question then you should call the supposed victim's character into question.

There is zero proof of any player knowing about the sexual assault at the time, and nor is it the player's responsibility when later it was known the front office was handling it. It's not their job to be an investigator. Not even Kyle Beach's best friend and roommate in the AHL knew what had happened and that is the team he played for.

So no, you don't know him and therefore don't know what kind of person he is today and are pointing your fingers at him on 3 issues when only 1 has been substantiated to any degree. Good thing you aren't a lawyer or judge given the huge assumptions you've made....you would fail miserably at either role.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
we miss leo k

yeah dude i'm not the biggest Kane fan or anything either but you're throwing a lot of stones around here without a ton of proof to back them up. If you wanna be mad about him about the cab fare thing, by all means go ahead; but saying that he has any culpability in the Kyle Beach story is a pretty heavy stone to toss.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
Rip
He was drunk and did something stupid with a cab driver over a decade ago as a kid....doesn't make him a bad person over a decade later.

He was setup over a decade ago and the police nor the prosecutors could make a case after the mother of the supposed victim tampered with evidence. So the question remains was the victim setting him up? Did Kane do something wrong? Did they both do something wrong? Nobody knows and thus if you are going to call his character into question then you should call the supposed victim's character into question.

There is zero proof of any player knowing about the sexual assault at the time, and nor is it the player's responsibility when later it was known the front office was handling it. It's not their job to be an investigator. Not even Kyle Beach's best friend and roommate in the AHL knew what had happened and that is the team he played for.

So no, you don't know him and therefore don't know what kind of person he is today and are pointing your fingers at him on 3 issues when only 1 has been substantiated to any degree. Good thing you aren't a lawyer or judge given the huge assumptions you've made....you would fail miserably at either role.

Not at all surprised to see another person completely misconstrue the truth. The sexual assault case ended when evidence somehow left police lockup in a sealed evidence back and ended up on the mother's doorstep. No finger prints but with the bag open the evidence was inadmissible, which is why the case ended. The single biggest piece of evidence was tampered with in a way that made the case disappear. Yeah definitely the victims fault eh? You probably said something about a woman wanting money, again typical of the victim blamers on this site, which is ridiculous because it was a criminal case not civil. So this wasn't about money just justice and a powerful rich man got off scott free.

But whatever he can go down as the real hero people like you hold up. It's disgusting and this should make way more people outraged than it does. Gross

Kane is a bad dude. Always has been and will be for the rest of his life.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
yeah dude i'm not the biggest Kane fan or anything either but you're throwing a lot of stones around here without a ton of proof to back them up. If you wanna be mad about him about the cab fare thing, by all means go ahead; but saying that he has any culpability in the Kyle Beach story is a pretty heavy stone to toss.

They all have culpability over Beach. They ALL knew, they all denied knowing and gave empty word statements once it was all found out. It's not Kane's fault it happened but everyone on the team knew and no one came forward. As a leader on the team, he likely bares a little more responsibility than some other players but they all knew. There are no innocent people among those who knew what happened.

With Kane, there is a pattern of behavior. Does Barzal have skeletons like that? No, seems like a stand-up guy. JT? Stamkos? Crosby? Lots and lots of players haven't assaulted a cab driver, been accused of sexual assault or helped coverup an actual sexual assault. Kane has though, so that's more than enough for me to not want him around.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
we miss leo k
Not at all surprised to see another person completely misconstrue the truth. The sexual assault case ended when evidence somehow left police lockup in a sealed evidence back and ended up on the mother's doorstep. No finger prints but with the bag open the evidence was inadmissible, which is why the case ended. The single biggest piece of evidence was tampered with in a way that made the case disappear. Yeah definitely the victims fault eh? You probably said something about a woman wanting money, again typical of the victim blamers on this site, which is ridiculous because it was a criminal case not civil. So this wasn't about money just justice and a powerful rich man got off scott free.

But whatever he can go down as the real hero people like you hold up. It's disgusting and this should make way more people outraged than it does. Gross

perhaps you might want to read more about that case before popping off
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.

A) Wrong, you are assuming the Mother had nothing to do with it, and legally speaking assumptions are never representations of fact. The fact is, your entire gaslighting effort is based on assumption of guilt and that is not the way the law works in the real world. The evidence was not substantiated, and the Mother was involved with the evidence...that is the fact. In fact, this was such a weird situation that I'm surprised law enforcement didn't pursue the mother and alledged victim for falsifying a crime. If you have known any celebrities personally, and this is widely under reported by the press, false allocations are made towards them regularly in attempts to extort money, tarnish reputations, or gain notoriety...or all 3. It doesn't make for a very popular story so the press doesn't investigate this, but it happens way more times then the celebrity doing the wrong. Regarding your comments about the criminal case, criminal cases proceed civil cases almost always, this is not unusual. However, if criminally there is no guilt or this case, even a case to proceed with, an action on a civil level is generally not pursued as such despite the criminal case not holding weight in the court room for the civil case. It's always a barometer of pursing civil cases regardless.

You've don't nothing to prove Kane is a bad dude other then the drunk cab incident when he was a boy; you simply have gaslighted him and in your mind cancelled him. That is the problem with today's younger generation...they believe anything in the news and have zero ability to separate fact from fiction and immediately go to finger pointing first. Good luck with that attitude in life
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
Rip
perhaps you might want to read more about that case before popping off

Here's the thing, from this story you posted, it's a speculation column. The rape kit was tampered with. It's speculated that it could have been because no DNA was found on it. There is nothing out of the ordinary here. A woman accuses a powerful rich man of rape and she gets blamed and dragged through the mud. Somehow that is almost always the end result. And then the legions of dudes jump on the victims claiming all they want is money.

Just like Virtanen, the legions of supports he got after being found not guilty (which is far from innocent) and that means the woman wanted money. Which is false because in a criminal case there is no money handed out. That's a civil suit which Kane never went through. And in all of those cases, the defence looks for any and all ways to discredit the victim.

Since speculation is somehow truth now, is it unreasonable to think the mother was so scared she took matters into her own hands or the defence just paid off some corrupt cop to make it go away? Honestly I doubt that happened because it just doesn't need too. Rich men get off all the time, Kane did as well.

Like I mentioned before, quality people don't have all this stuff happen to them. Women aren't all out there trying to get money from hockey players by claiming rape. Has it happened? Probably but it's entirely rare.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
Rip
A) Wrong, you are assuming the Mother had nothing to do with it, and legally speaking assumptions are never representations of fact. The fact is, your entire gaslighting effort is based on assumption of guilt and that is not the way the law works in the real world. The evidence was not substantiated, and the Mother was involved with the evidence...that is the fact. In fact, this was such a weird situation that I'm surprised law enforcement didn't pursue the mother and alledged victim for falsifying a crime. If you have known any celebrities personally, and this is widely under reported by the press, false allocations are made towards them regularly in attempts to extort money, tarnish reputations, or gain notoriety...or all 3. It doesn't make for a very popular story so the press doesn't investigate this, but it happens way more times then the celebrity doing the wrong. Regarding your comments about the criminal case, criminal cases proceed civil cases almost always, this is not unusual. However, if criminally there is no guilt or this case, even a case to proceed with, an action on a civil level is generally not pursued as such despite the criminal case not holding weight in the court room for the civil case. It's always a barometer of pursing civil cases regardless.

You've don't nothing to prove Kane is a bad dude other then the drunk cab incident when he was a boy; you simply have gaslighted him and in your mind cancelled him. That is the problem with today's younger generation...they believe anything in the news and have zero ability to separate fact from fiction and immediately go to finger pointing first. Good luck with that attitude in life

I don't care what you have to say. Your the typical bro, blame the victim, defend the boys and justify bad behavior to make you feel better about it all. You are another one of those fighting hard to keep the toxicity of hockey culture in place.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
I don't care what you have to say. Your the typical bro, blame the victim, defend the boys and justify bad behavior to make you feel better about it all. You are another one of those fighting hard to keep the toxicity of hockey culture in place.

LMAO, no I'm an attorney and understand law, investigations and am interested in truth. You are interested in cancel culture, gaslighting and knee jerk reactions as truth; people like you are the problem not the solution.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Like I mentioned before, quality people don't have all this stuff happen to them. Women aren't all out there trying to get money from hockey players by claiming rape. Has it happened? Probably but it's entirely rare.

That is a incredibly wrong assumption you are making. Celebrities get extorted all the time....it happens way more then any actual wrong doing. This shows just how out of touch you are.

This works both ways guy....quality people don't try to go home with celebrities in the wee hours of the morning intoxicated, and smart celebrities don't put themselves into positions where false accusations can be made.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Rip
LMAO, no I'm an attorney and understand law, investigations and am interested in truth. You are interested in cancel culture, gaslighting and knee jerk reactions as truth; people like you are the problem not the solution.

Sure bud, you have continued to hold up Kane and justify the smoke billowing around him. Your character is on display and its deplorable. Bye
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
Rip
That is a incredibly wrong assumption you are making. Celebrities get extorted all the time....it happens way more then any actual wrong doing. This shows just how out of touch you are.

This works both ways guy....quality people don't try to go home with celebrities in the wee hours of the morning intoxicated, and smart celebrities don't put themselves into positions where false accusations can be made.

You are absolutely part of the problem.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
Sure bud, you have continued to hold up Kane and justify the smoke billowing around him. Your character is on display and its deplorable. Bye

You are absolutely part of the problem.

You are deplorable kid...just another member of the cancel culture uninterested in facts and truth...I stand by facts and the law for living and sworn to do so unlike you who would rather finger point at anyone ever accused of anything. Grow up kid
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
we miss leo k
Here's the thing, from this story you posted, it's a speculation column. The rape kit was tampered with. It's speculated that it could have been because no DNA was found on it. There is nothing out of the ordinary here. A woman accuses a powerful rich man of rape and she gets blamed and dragged through the mud. Somehow that is almost always the end result. And then the legions of dudes jump on the victims claiming all they want is money.

Just like Virtanen, the legions of supports he got after being found not guilty (which is far from innocent) and that means the woman wanted money. Which is false because in a criminal case there is no money handed out. That's a civil suit which Kane never went through. And in all of those cases, the defence looks for any and all ways to discredit the victim.

Since speculation is somehow truth now, is it unreasonable to think the mother was so scared she took matters into her own hands or the defence just paid off some corrupt cop to make it go away? Honestly I doubt that happened because it just doesn't need too. Rich men get off all the time, Kane did as well.

I mean, the column leads off the the DA in charge of the case saying it was an elaborate hoax orchestrated by the mother, so I'm not sure how you can call the whole thing speculation. I mean, yeah, there's speculation about why or how it happened in the column, but typically lawyers don't make concrete statements like "this rape kit bag was a hoax" without being 100000% sure that they're not going to get sued into oblivion for making them.

I'm not arguing that Kane is Time's Person of the Year or anything, and you are well within your rights to dislike him, just saying that harping on an allegation that basically leads with the word "hoax" any time you look for news on it is a strange look. If anything, it encourages the types of folks more interested in screaming "she's in it for the money" any time a high profile person is accused of sexual assault to keep screaming that - probably the exact opposite of what we all should want to happen when it comes to progressing in our views of how our culture handles sexual assault.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
Rip
I mean, the column leads off the the DA in charge of the case saying it was an elaborate hoax orchestrated by the mother, so I'm not sure how you can call the whole thing speculation. I mean, yeah, there's speculation about why or how it happened in the column, but typically lawyers don't make concrete statements like "this rape kit bag was a hoax" without being 100000% sure that they're not going to get sued into oblivion for making them.

I'm not arguing that Kane is Time's Person of the Year or anything, and you are well within your rights to dislike him, just saying that harping on an allegation that basically leads with the word "hoax" any time you look for news on it is a strange look. If anything, it encourages the types of folks more interested in screaming "she's in it for the money" any time a high profile person is accused of sexual assault to keep screaming that - probably the exact opposite of what we all should want to happen when it comes to progressing in our views of how our culture handles sexual assault.

In any case, Kane is definitely not what you would consider a stand-up character. He isn't and never has been a poster child of good. And due to that, I just don't want to have to cheer for him. The Leafs front office has cultivated a very good reputation and work hard on changing the culture of the game. Kane doesn't fit that ideology. Whether he's innocent of not, he's not TO material. Other teams don't care about that sort of thing.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Thegreatdebater

I love how ur getting absolutely torched with facts while u continue to rebuttle with false narratives yet you have the nerve to judge people’s character lol ur such a joke. Who are u? The brother of the girl who pretended to be sexually assaulted?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll