Forums/Armchair-GM

TRADE DEADLINE RED WINGS

Created by: Pens3lieve
Team: 2022-23 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 21, 2022
Published: Dec. 22, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'm trying to predict and gague which likely trade candidates will go where...and for what price....
let me know your thoughts...
Trades
DET
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (LAK)
  2. 2024 5th round pick (LAK)
DET
  1. 2024 4th round pick (PIT)
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Sundqvist, Oskar ($1,375,000 retained)
DET
  1. 2024 5th round pick (BUF)
DET
  1. 2024 5th round pick (WSH)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$60,101,389$0$3,857,500$22,398,611
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$2,625,000$2,625,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,375,000$2,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
RFA - 1
$878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,825,000$1,825,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
If they are selling they should for sure trade bertuzzi
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
Nedeljkovic is lateral to calling up Peterson.

Määttä is being carried by Hronek who is playin to sleep on his next contract.

Pit and DC might say yes tho
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
If they are selling they should for sure trade bertuzzi

what's he worth? if they retain on him?
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:17 p.m.
Quoting: TheeDjeeEem
what's he worth? if they retain on him?

He'd probably be among the top rental options
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
I think Yzerman is going to trade Bertuzzi finally. I think it would have already happened if not for the freak injuries. Other than Bertuzzi, I expect Suter to be moved and that's about it.

I think Maata and Sundqvist will get extensions, as they've been fantastic fits here. Erne will probably get an extension, although I really hope they move on from him, but Yzerman seems to love him.

Ned could be moved, but I doubt there will even be a market. I wouldn't be surprised if he's waived when it comes time and Hellberg kept as the backup.
tonyhzs and IDKtbh liked this.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
He'd probably be among the top rental options

if Horvat, Kane, Toews, Gostisbehere, Reimer, Domi, etc are rentals...

So what is he worth?
Dec. 22, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
Banned
Pens accept. This is the type of move I think they need to make.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 7:36 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
I think Yzerman is going to trade Bertuzzi finally. I think it would have already happened if not for the freak injuries. Other than Bertuzzi, I expect Suter to be moved and that's about it.

I think Maata and Sundqvist will get extensions, as they've been fantastic fits here. Erne will probably get an extension, although I really hope they move on from him, but Yzerman seems to love him.

Ned could be moved, but I doubt there will even be a market. I wouldn't be surprised if he's waived when it comes time and Hellberg kept as the backup.

Lots to unpack.
Sunny stays. He has fit perfectly up and down the lineup. This is the player that makes Erne redundant, though I fear you may be right about Yzerman and Erne.

Maata is not being carried per the OP. Hronek and Maata are just perfect pair. Kinda like Kronwall and Stuart just gelling.

Ned is stoll better than Helberg.

Suter has been good of late. He gets traded only if everyone is healthy. Don't forget Fabbri. If everyone is healthy, you need some moves. Veleno and Berggren will go to Grand Rapids, but there is still a logjam in the bottom 6.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: tonyhzs
Lots to unpack.
Sunny stays. He has fit perfectly up and down the lineup. This is the player that makes Erne redundant, though I fear you may be right about Yzerman and Erne.

Maata is not being carried per the OP. Hronek and Maata are just perfect pair. Kinda like Kronwall and Stuart just gelling.

Suter has been good of late. He gets traded only if everyone is healthy. Don't forget Fabbri. If everyone is healthy, you need some moves. Veleno and Berggren will go to Grand Rapids, but there is still a logjam in the bottom 6.

Berggren cannot go to GR, that would send a terrible message about earning spots. Veleno shouldn't either, though his play has been hit and miss. To me, they have to move Suter, as he is in an expiring deal and not likely in the longterm plans.
IDKtbh and North_Kariya liked this.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 9:11 p.m.
Berggren cannot go to GR, that would send a terrible message about earning spots. Veleno shouldn't either, though his play has been hit and miss. To me, they have to move Suter, as he is in an expiring deal and not likely in the longterm plans.

Suter is a much better centre than Veleno is. Move Veleno to LW and let Suter centre either the 3rd or 4th line. Berggren can play RW on the 3rd line he played two years on that position in SHL. That makes Erne redundant and trade bait.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: TheeDjeeEem
Nedeljkovic is lateral to calling up Peterson.

Määttä is being carried by Hronek who is playin to sleep on his next contract.

Pit and DC might say yes tho

Maatta, in fact, has been the X factor for opening up Hronek’s game. I wouldn’t say either of them have carried one or the other but despite the big offensive production from Hronek, Maatta has certainly been the difference with the 2nd pairing this year.
Dec. 22, 2022 at 9:35 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: Billy12Bob
Suter is a much better centre than Veleno is. Move Veleno to LW and let Suter centre either the 3rd or 4th line. Berggren can play RW on the 3rd line he played two years on that position in SHL. That makes Erne redundant and trade bait.

In my perfect world, they'd move Erne, Suter and Zadina for a decent return and Bertuzzi for a massive return, to open spots for Bergy and Soderblom full time, but that's not what I *think* will happen per se.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 12:20 a.m.
wanted to do that math on it as well. They currently have 22 players on their roster (12 for, 7 def, 3 goal). Fabbri, Bert, Zadina and Vrana are expected back sometime in Jan (need to lose 3 players for compliant roster). None of those 4 are waiver exempt, but Bergren, Veleno and Soderblom are. Most likely one of the players being traded or waived is a goalie, which leaves 14 forward positions available among 16 NHL quality forwards...

As those above mentioned it would suck to demote the rookies simply because they are waiver exempt when they are playing better than others. I think the UFAs like Suter, Erne, Sunqvist and Bert have got to be most likely to be moved. But chances are some of the guys coming back from injury will see conditioning stints to draw out the decision as long as possible.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: North_Kariya
wanted to do that math on it as well. They currently have 22 players on their roster (12 for, 7 def, 3 goal). Fabbri, Bert, Zadina and Vrana are expected back sometime in Jan (need to lose 3 players for compliant roster). None of those 4 are waiver exempt, but Bergren, Veleno and Soderblom are. Most likely one of the players being traded or waived is a goalie, which leaves 14 forward positions available among 16 NHL quality forwards...

As those above mentioned it would suck to demote the rookies simply because they are waiver exempt when they are playing better than others. I think the UFAs like Suter, Erne, Sunqvist and Bert have got to be most likely to be moved. But chances are some of the guys coming back from injury will see conditioning stints to draw out the decision as long as possible.

In my perfect world, they'd move Erne, Suter and Zadina for a decent return and Bertuzzi for a massive return, to open spots for Bergy and Soderblom full time, but that's not what I *think* will happen per se.

Quoting: IDKtbh
Maatta, in fact, has been the X factor for opening up Hronek’s game. I wouldn’t say either of them have carried one or the other but despite the big offensive production from Hronek, Maatta has certainly been the difference with the 2nd pairing this year.

Quoting: tonyhzs
Lots to unpack.

Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Pens accept. This is the type of move I think they need to make.

I love bertuzzi and I’d take him on the pens in a heartbeat… what would the pens have to give up to get him? I assume it starts with kapanen, a 1st, and poulin (our top C prospect)???
Dec. 23, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: Pens3lieve
I love bertuzzi and I’d take him on the pens in a heartbeat… what would the pens have to give up to get him? I assume it starts with kapanen, a 1st, and poulin (our top C prospect)???

Kapanen and a 1st in '23 to start but I'm not that impressed by Poulin. I would want two out of Pickering, Hållander, and Nylander instead.

Bertuzzis value will, of course, be very dependent on how he plays in the two months up to the deadline.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Kapanen and a 1st in '23 to start but I'm not that impressed by Poulin. I would want two out of Pickering, Hållander, and Nylander instead.

Bertuzzis value will, of course, be very dependent on how he plays in the two months up to the deadline.

Pickering is a stud legit lol they love him rlly doubt he gets moved…. I’ll keep poulin I think he’s our 4C next year… hextall alrdy tried to move blueger once for whatever reason…
How about…

Kapanen, 1st, Hallander, Nylander
For
Bertuzzi (he signs extension)

Also what do you think he’s looking for in an extention?
Dec. 23, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Duplicate
Dec. 23, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
Pickering is a stud legit lol they love him rlly doubt he gets moved…. I’ll keep poulin I think he’s our 4C next year… hextall alrdy tried to move blueger once for whatever reason…
How about…

For

Of course you chose the two least interesting of the three :-)

With the caveat that this all depends on how well Bert plays when he comes back, I'd accept an offer of 1st in '23 + Kapanen + Hållander + Blomqvist + Nylander and I'll send McIsaac back so that you can trade away your aging defenders without running out of players.

What Bert is asking for is tricky to guess considering him missing time but my guess would be that he'd want a raise of around 2 milllion.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Banned
How about…

For

Given his recent injuries, it is very tough to figure. Yzerman Bertuzzi played chicken on the current deal, with Yzerman paying a bit less than Bertuzzi wanted, but getting 3 year deal to prove his worth.

When healthy, Bertuzzi has only been awesome. Problem is, the 3 year deal was supposed to be a prove it deal, but he has been hurt a lot of it, plus the Covid thing.

I think Bertuzzi will want 6 or 7 years somewhere around 7 million. If he is healthy, he is worth it. Near a point per game, all situations, makes his linemates better, plays with toughness that doesn't usually cross the line to a penalty. If Tyler wants anything north of 7, it will have to be a two year deal with an understanding that the next deal will be lower AAV for longer term.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid

I don't like Kapanen's game personally, but that's the most reasonable offer I've seen on here yet from the Pens perspective. The 1st and a really good to great prospect would be the cornerstones of any deal for Bertuzzi, after that any additional pieces could be argued either way.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 11:48 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Of course you chose the two least interesting of the three :-)

With the caveat that this all depends on how well Bert plays when he comes back, I'd accept an offer of 1st in '23 + Kapanen + Hållander + Blomqvist + Nylander and I'll send McIsaac back so that you can trade away your aging defenders without running out of players.

What Bert is asking for is tricky to guess considering him missing time but my guess would be that he'd want a raise of around 2 milllion.

@DeadWingsv2 your thoughts on this?

Ofc I don’t wanna give up Pickering lol 😂
That’s probably fair tbh lol 😂 everybody always overvalues their prospects… if not it’s close-ish

Bertuzzi could prob get 7 on the open market maybe he takes a deal closer to 6 to line up with most of the other penguins top players cap hits
Billy12Bob liked this.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
Skip skibbity
Caps bottom six depth is already super crowded, no need to add another
Dec. 23, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
DeadWingsv2 your thoughts on this?

Ofc I don’t wanna give up Pickering lol 😂
That’s probably fair tbh lol 😂 everybody always overvalues their prospects… if not it’s close-ish

Bertuzzi could prob get 7 on the open market maybe he takes a deal closer to 6 to line up with most of the other penguins top players cap hits

I wouldn't love it, or hate it, which means it's probably pretty fair, haha

I think Bertuzzi wants to cash in, so I don't see him taking less than 7 on a long term deal. I have to assume that if a team trades for him, an extension will be part of the deal.
Billy12Bob, tonyhzs and Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 23, 2022 at 12:37 p.m.
I wouldn't love it, or hate it, which means it's probably pretty fair, haha

I think Bertuzzi wants to cash in, so I don't see him taking less than 7 on a long term deal. I have to assume that if a team trades for him, an extension will be part of the deal.

Organisationally it's a good deal for Detroit. We'd be trading a LW and a LD, which we have too many of, for two RW, a C, and a goalie prospect and getting a first too.

This could be one of the rare cases where quantity for quality actually makes sense.
Pens3lieve liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll