SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Who says no

Created by: Suh_Baud
Published: Jan. 4, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 99/185 (54%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vrána, JakubDetroit Red WingsMinor50%$802,702011---2112--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVGK)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,810,6292348803713
Change$802,7010-1-1010
Final$5,613,330 (↑)2347 (↓)79 (↓)38 (↑)13-1-1-2

Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVegas Golden Knights

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVGK)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vrána, JakubDetroit Red WingsMinor50%$1,500,000011---2112--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,687,5002049623610
Change-$1,500,0000110-10
Final$2,187,500 (↓)2050 (↑)63 (↑)35 (↓)10112
Jan. 4, 2023 at 4:06 p.m.
Ok
Red Wings say no lol. Vranas good why are people all of a sudden thinking he’s not great.
Mikeyfan, Dutchies and aedoran liked this.
Jan. 4, 2023 at 8:26 p.m.
Wings say your kidding right?
Dutchies and aedoran liked this.
Jan. 4, 2023 at 9:54 p.m.
all the Vrana situation is is tough love. He'll be back and scoring goals for the Wings in no time.
Mikeyfan and aedoran liked this.
Jan. 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Suh_Baud
Quoting: Mikeyfan
Wings say your kidding right?

Wings put him on waivers, willing to give him away for literally nothing, with players getting healthy in Det they don't have room for him anymore
Hobo and EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 12:18 a.m.
Sir
Quoting: JDCapfriendly4life
Red Wings say no lol. Vranas good why are people all of a sudden thinking he’s not great.

Quoting: Suh_Baud
Wings put him on waivers, willing to give him away for literally nothing, with players getting healthy in Det they don't have room for him anymore
Quoting: Dutchies
all the Vrana situation is is tough love. He'll be back and scoring goals for the Wings in no time.

Yeah the reality of the situation is that he was a he wasn't fitting in Washington and it appears that there could be some tough carry over.

I am not sure placing a player on waivers is a true sign of tough love as he could have been claimed by anyone. They obviously were not concerned about him being taken or they wanted him to be taken.
Mikeyfan and EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 2:54 a.m.

Well that's just not true. It was a calculated move they had to waive someone because Fabbri was coming off LTIR. Vrana who just came back from the Players Assistance Program and has played 3 AHL since returning and with 9 shots on goal and a minor penalty he isn't ready to return the NHL so he had togo through waivers to stay in the AHL longer. Yzerman sent a player with a $5.25M cap hit who still needs conditioning before returning to the NHL Since Vrana made it through waivers It looks like Yzerman's calculated move worked out. pretty well. Since Vrana still needs conditioning and once you sign a player off of waivers he has to remain on your roster or pass through waivers again. So who is going to sign him just to have to turn him around and send him through waivers again.
Mikeyfan liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 8:05 a.m.

Wings had a Gentlemen’s agreement with the GM so they could send him to the minors and get his game together. If Vegas wanted him they could have plucked him from the waiver wire. So why would they offer a trade just as he cleared waivers especially since they didn’t shed any salary? BTW. He would have to clear Waivers with the Knights before they could send him to the minors
Jan. 5, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
Quoting: Hobo
Yeah the reality of the situation is that he was a he wasn't fitting in Washington and it appears that there could be some tough carry over.

I am not sure placing a player on waivers is a true sign of tough love as he could have been claimed by anyone. They obviously were not concerned about him being taken or they wanted him to be taken.

I've heard rumors that teams had agreed not to pick him up. (not saying it's true, but def possible). We all know he's struggled with addiction and was in the NHL program while on LTIR. I think they're doing it so that they can keep an eye on him in the minors, ensure he's getting better and staying sober, and when he's ready to come back up, he'll get his shot. But he has to earn it.
Hobo and EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 10:29 a.m.
Pop Pop
I mean sure I'd consider it. Dudes never in the line up so a 2nd rounder is kinda his value at the moment. I'm sure everyone is hoping he turns it around and maybe you can deal him in the off-season for better.
Suh_Baud liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 3:37 p.m.
Suh_Baud
Wings had a Gentlemen’s agreement with the GM so they could send him to the minors and get his game together. If Vegas wanted him they could have plucked him from the waiver wire. So why would they offer a trade just as he cleared waivers especially since they didn’t shed any salary? BTW. He would have to clear Waivers with the Knights before they could send him to the minors

Trade is for Det retain salary
Mikeyfan liked this.
Jan. 5, 2023 at 7:38 p.m.
Trade is for Det retain salary

I saw that, but if Detroit is looking to trade someone of Vrana’s scoring ability, they can get more than a 2nd and having to retain at the Trade deadline, IMO
Jan. 5, 2023 at 8:47 p.m.
Suh_Baud
I saw that, but if Detroit is looking to trade someone of Vrana’s scoring ability, they can get more than a 2nd and having to retain at the Trade deadline, IMO

That's fair
Jan. 6, 2023 at 12:41 a.m.
Sir

You think he will get more than a 2nd rounder? I think its a bit much at this juncture to assume he would get that value seeing as this is the last year on a 5.25 million dollar contract, has been in the substance abuse program in which in his future remains unclear. No one is paying a 2nd rounder for him as they could have just had him for free.
Jan. 6, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
You think he will get more than a 2nd rounder? I think its a bit much at this juncture to assume he would get that value seeing as this is the last year on a 5.25 million dollar contract, has been in the substance abuse program in which in his future remains unclear. No one is paying a 2nd rounder for him as they could have just had him for free.

He’ll get more than a second or he won’t be traded. Detroit is in a good position to sign him for 3-5 years for 4 to 6 million a year. And he is a prolific scorer
Jan. 6, 2023 at 7:06 p.m.
Sir
He’ll get more than a second or he won’t be traded. Detroit is in a good position to sign him for 3-5 years for 4 to 6 million a year. And he is a prolific scorer

Yeah, I think the wings are in a good spot to resign him as well seeing as no one claimed him for free. Its unlikely he signs for 3-5 years at 4-6. I mean he makes 5.25 now. If he is a prolific scorer he wont sign his prime years away under "prolific scorer" value. We have different views of "prolific scorer" as for me Vrana doesn't fit into that definition at all. Sure he has skill and is only 26, but he does come with baggage and lacks the playoff next gear.

When Bertuzzi gets back from injury where do you slot this prolific player in? Its a pipe dream to think that 31 other teams could have had him for free and passed....that all of a sudden his trade value is worth a 2nd. At this rate I can't wait for Mike Reilly and Craig Smith on the bruins to get a 3rd at the March deadline.
Jan. 7, 2023 at 9:09 a.m.
Yeah, I think the wings are in a good spot to resign him as well seeing as no one claimed him for free. Its unlikely he signs for 3-5 years at 4-6. I mean he makes 5.25 now. If he is a prolific scorer he wont sign his prime years away under "prolific scorer" value. We have different views of "prolific scorer" as for me Vrana doesn't fit into that definition at all. Sure he has skill and is only 26, but he does come with baggage and lacks the playoff next gear.

When Bertuzzi gets back from injury where do you slot this prolific player in? It’s a pipe dream to think that 31 other teams could have had him for free and passed....that all of a sudden his trade value is worth a 2nd. At this rate I can't wait for Mike Reilly and Craig Smith on the bruins to get a 3rd at the March deadline.

To me there was a Gentlemen agreement not to pick him up off waivers. These things happen, when Bert comes back I see Varna playing in the 1st or 2nd line. Just as he was at the start of the season
Jan. 7, 2023 at 10:56 a.m.
Sir
To me there was a Gentlemen agreement not to pick him up off waivers. These things happen, when Bert comes back I see Varna playing in the 1st or 2nd line. Just as he was at the start of the season

You think that Stevie Y called 31 GM's and said please don't take this guy and magically all of them listened including teams that literally could use pylons for some players and it would be an improvement? Its not impossible, but its not likely either.

Most are saying he could be done in Detroit and the move was more of optics not looking bad removing a player that finished the substance abuse program. Also the rumour has it some teams will only offer a trade for some asset (not likely as high as a 2nd) if the Wings retain cap and they get to speak to Vrana before any trade happens to see where his head is at. Either way time will tell.
Mikeyfan liked this.
Jan. 7, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
You think that Stevie Y called 31 GM's and said please don't take this guy and magically all of them listened including teams that literally could use pylons for some players and it would be an improvement? Its not impossible, but its not likely either.

Most are saying he could be done in Detroit and the move was more of optics not looking bad removing a player that finished the substance abuse program. Also the rumour has it some teams will only offer a trade for some asset (not likely as high as a 2nd) if the Wings retain cap and they get to speak to Vrana before any trade happens to see where his head is at. Either way time will tell.

You and I will never agree on this and yes I believe in the Gentleman’s agreement especially on waivers to send someone to the minors. You can say know all you want, but it happens.

Have a good one
Hobo liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll