SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Overrated players based on TODAY

Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Korpisalo: Is probably the worst goalie who has played over 150 games over the course of his career. I swear most people who have interest base it on his one playoff run in the bubble
51 goalies have played 150+ games since he entered the league. He's last in save percentage and GAA (https://www.nhl.com/stats/goalies?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20152016&seasonTo=20222023&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,150&sort=savePct&page=0&pageSize=51)

Vejmelka
He's on a terrible Arizona team, so I get his numbers won't be exceptional, but he was a sub 0.900 last year and 0.906 this year. Not sure why people think he's this average to above average goalie. He hasn't played that way.

Barbashev
This one is tougher, as he is a good player. But people act like he's this top 6 player/upgrade for many teams. He has had one season his entire career (last year) where he was above half a point per game. Hes scored like a 3rd to even 4th liner otherwise. His on ice shooting percentage was about 50% above his career average last year. Again I do like him, but if I were looking to acquire him it would be to add some skill and toughness to a third line.

Monahan

This one is just some Habs fans thinking he'll get a first. He won't. You already won that trade, be realistic

Edmundson
More habs fans thinking he's worth a 1st plus. He's he a lower pairing defensive dman, but he isn't worth that

Fleury
This one is hard as hes a Hall of famer and only 2 years removed from a vezina. But he was mildly below average last year and even worse this year. Nobody beats father time, no shame in that, its time to let Gus take the net

Toews
This one is people just not realizing who he is today. He isn't a stud anymore, some people still seem to think he is worth a tonne. I wouldn't be against signing him to a deal next year at a fair price, but he isn't a stud anymore

Dvorak and Garland
I get both teams paid to acquire them. They're both fine. But they're just that, fine players

Foligno
This may be the most controversial. I actually quite like the player. Further I think most of the league likely values him appropriately. But there is a group of fans on here of the Wild who seem to value him as a franchise player level and it is over the top
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:16 p.m.
Pens are better
Monahan and Barbashev are both underrated imo
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
Danny Mr. GM Briere
if anything garland is underrated lol
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
Danny Mr. GM Briere
Quoting: Imagine874859
Monahan and Barbashev are both underrated imo

acciari is honestly better than barbashev but ppl are licking their lips over acquiring him for some reason
Newgod77, Saskleaf and Finn2016 liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
Pens are better
Quoting: Sicksi
acciari is honestly better than barbashev but ppl are licking their lips over acquiring him for some reason

I like both so might be biased idk lol
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
How is Barbashev overrated? I think he's underrated
Feb. 14, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Pop Pop
Who's arguing korpisalo is really good?
vikhodush liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
Who's arguing korpisalo is really good?

People routinely suggest him as someone that teams should acquire. Be it Edmonton last year, or anyone looking for a goalie this year...
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
Quoting: Sicksi

Because he had one 60 point season and they think he's a top 6 winger with toughness

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll