NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
-$1,456,250-$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$823,333$823,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$855,833$855,833
RW, C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:05 p.m.
San Jose isn’t trading a pick in the 30s for that
AStovetop liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:11 p.m.
Quoting: glarson17
San Jose isn’t trading a pick in the 30s for that

I agree. Ideally San Jose would have another pick in the second round from the 2023 deadline, somewhere in the 50 - 60 range was more my thinking, Flames could add a prospect instead of Rooney but I don't think I would want to take much less than a 50 - 70 pick. Especially if Vladar can play half decent down the stretch.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: WranglerWranglin
I agree. Ideally San Jose would have another pick in the second round from the 2023 deadline, somewhere in the 50 - 60 range was more my thinking, Flames could add a prospect instead of Rooney but I don't think I would want to take much less than a 50 - 70 pick. Especially if Vladar can play half decent down the stretch.

I’m assuming move Vladar with the expectation that Wolf is there next year?
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02

why would San Jose trade for that even then. SJ is absolutely not in a position to be trading away high picks for short-term non-solutions.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: glarson17
I’m assuming move Vladar with the expectation that Wolf is there next year?

Definitely, Flames need to move on from some cap here, selling Vladar at this highest value is the most likely solution in the off season.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
TrevorA
CGY should definitely Trade their Best Goaltender and Break Up Their Best Line. Good One! 🤦‍♂️
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: Klara
why would San Jose trade for that even then. SJ is absolutely not in a position to be trading away high picks for short-term non-solutions.

Let's just call it good juju for the Kiprusoff trade, Calgary send San Jose a 26 year old back up stuck behind an older goalie on a big contract. I promise it will work out, does that help??

Reality though, Vladar could be a long term solution for someone very soon, I don't think it will be Calgary with Markstrom and Wolf plus good depth in the minors but he will be a really good 1B option for a team long term. I get what you are saying though, as I mentioned to someone else, ideally it would not be San Jose's pick.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
Stovetop

Why would SJ even be interested in Rooney or Vladar. Vladar is not worth even close to that, nor do they want him. They have Kahkonen who's playing way better, Makkiniemi, Mann, and Chrona who are in the range of fringe NHL goaltender. I'd rather give them a shot. And rooney is just a completely pointless pick up for them.

SJ will not be trading picks in the first 3 rounds unless it's to move up spots in the draft.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: AStovetop
Why would SJ even be interested in Rooney or Vladar. Vladar is not worth even close to that, nor do they want him. They have Kahkonen who's playing way better, Makkiniemi, Mann, and Chrona who are in the range of fringe NHL goaltender. I'd rather give them a shot. And rooney is just a completely pointless pick up for them.

SJ will not be trading picks in the first 3 rounds unless it's to move up spots in the draft.

Kähkönen is horrible this season. 0.880Sv% and 3.70GAA

Vladar is clearly better this season with a .905Sv% and 2.74GAA. He’s 10-1-3 in his last 14GP. Guys a Stud Goaltender
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
CGY should definitely Trade their Best Goaltender and Break Up Their Best Line. Good One! 🤦‍♂️

You know selling high on Vladar is the most likely option right?
You know Vladar's numbers have been league average and he's holding a spot that Wolf could be in right?
You know this post is considering next season when the Flames need to get under that cap right?
You know Konecny is currently better than Mangiapane on a better contract?
You know that having 3 or 4 lines going instead of 1 every night would be better than having 3 underperforming lines and the best line in the league right?
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
Torresing
Sharks aren't doing this. It makes zero sense in any actual timeline for SJ
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: sleeparc
Sharks aren't doing this. It makes zero sense in any actual timeline for SJ

Fair enough! Wrong target team clearly!
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.
Torresing
Fair enough! Wrong target team clearly!

Well its a high 2nd in the deepest draft since 2015 from a rebuilding team. Rebuilding teams don't move high end picks for veterans.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop

Fair enough, Rooney was to move cap but I did that before the Mangiapane deal here, of he stays in the minors he barely counts towards Calgary's cap, that's fine!

Kahkonnen hasn't been nearly as good and expires a year earlier, Vladar is a way more viable long term solution but I get that the cost would not fit into San Jose's long term solution.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: sleeparc
Well its a high 2nd in the deepest draft since 2015 from a rebuilding team. Rebuilding teams don't move high end picks for veterans.

As mentioned many times in this thread, ideally it's not San Jose's pick and a pic they acquire at the deadline from a contending team that falls more in the 50 - 64 range of the draft.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
Torresing
As mentioned many times in this thread, ideally it's not San Jose's pick and a pic they acquire at the deadline from a contending team that falls more in the 50 - 64 range of the draft.

Rrriiight
Feb. 14, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
Mangiapane can't hold TK's jock$XXXX. TK is the much better player overall and in length in time. On top of that retain salary???why?????
Feb. 14, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: MANX
Mangiapane can't hold TK's jock$XXXX. TK is the much better player overall and in length in time. On top of that retain salary???why?????

Is "strap" a bad word for you?? Hahah, that's the weirdest censor job I have ever seen. Because Philly's foreseeable future is 6th or 7th in the Metro every year, this gets them a cost controlled winger that plays a head and shoulders better defensive game than TK on a team with a -22 goal differential while the Flames get a better offensive player. Flames throw in what should be a high 2nd round pick for when both players have moved on in FA, Flyers could even flip Mangiapane at the coming deadlines to a contender for a haul. Tons of reasons why the Flyers could take that on.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 5:13 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Feb. 14, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
You know Vladar's numbers have been league average and he's holding a spot that Wolf could be in right?
You know this post is considering next season when the Flames need to get under that cap right?
You know that having 3 or 4 lines going instead of 1 every night would be better than having 3 underperforming lines and the best line in the league right?

You’re wrong more often than not. None of what you suggest is ever a good idea or the right move for the Flames

We have 3/4 lines going right now. Our biggest priorities are finding an Upgrade over Pelletier or getting him going, Playing a Better 4LW & 4C (Lewis is fine at 4RW, but Ruzicka & Zohorna aren’t Physical or Experienced enough) and Playing Vladar over Markstrom, otherwise our Top 3 Lines & Defence have been playing fairly solid since Christmas. We dominated the 2&3rd Period against BUF and all 3 Periods against OTT, but Markstrom keeps letting us down.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
You’re wrong more often than not. None of what you suggest is ever a good idea or the right move for the Flames

Comments are getting deleted now, I'll wait for your reply on what's wrong with the below

Feb. 14, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
Is "strap" a bad word for you?? Hahah, that's the weirdest censor job I have ever seen. Because Philly's foreseeable future is 6th or 7th in the Metro every year, this gets them a cost controlled winger that plays a head and shoulders better defensive game than TK on a team with a -22 goal differential while the Flames get a better offensive player. Flames throw in what should be a high 2nd round pick for when both players have moved on in FA, Flyers could even flip Mangiapane at the coming deadlines to a contender for a haul. Tons of reasons why the Flyers could take that on.

Mangiapane isn't even close one-for-one for TK. Just because hes overpaid for 1 good year doesnt make him even. Your point of cost controlled doesnt make any sense either as TK is the same and doesnt need to be traded nor probably doesnt even want to be. For TK you would still have to add on.

The strap part...I have no idea hahaha I didnt want to be crude
Feb. 14, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: MANX
Mangiapane isn't even close one-for-one for TK. Just because hes overpaid for 1 good year doesnt make him even. Your point of cost controlled doesnt make any sense either as TK is the same and doesnt need to be traded nor probably doesnt even want to be. For TK you would still have to add on.

The strap part...I have no idea hahaha I didnt want to be crude

There’s more to Hockey than just scoring. You have to look at the entire picture. They’re much closer in value than you think.

Konecny has received much more Top-6 and Power Play Time. Mangiapane is having a set back year just like Konecny did in 2020-21. Mang missed the start of Training camp and started the season not completely healthy, but he’s turning it on as of late with 8PTS in his past 10GP

I bet Mang finishes this season around 0.67PPG same as last year but with fewer goals scored. He’s more than a season behind Konecny, so although we expected it to happen this season, Mang will have his breakout 0.80-1.00PPG+ production next season

Happy Konecny’s playing well and has increased his value, but for the reasons above, we won’t be selling low on Mangiapane because he also plays good 2-way hockey, checks, brings grit and kills penalties, which are valuable intangibles that Konecny does not
Feb. 14, 2023 at 7:11 p.m.
TrevorA
Comments are getting deleted now, I'll wait for your reply on what's wrong with the below

I don’t know that I want to waste much more time on you. You always turn to insults and name calling. But I’ll reply

Vladar is our Best NHL Goalie right now. He’s 10-1-3 in his last 14 games. The start of the season was shaky, but he had a team looking to build chemistry and D-Pairings that were being switched around and played with at the beginning.

It’s not easy coming off the bench or playing irregularly. Vladar has been outstanding for the Flames pretty much every time he’s been called upon.

Wolf didn’t look great in pre-season. I’m happy he’s doing great in the AHL but if you wanted to sell high, he’s probably the guy I would sell. He doesn’t have ideal size and Goalies values fluctuate rapidly. One year they’re playing great, the next they’re not, ex) Markstrom & Campbell

If we don’t bring on aging players like Henrique and keep our low cost guys, we won’t have to dump Kylington or Vladar. There’s many ways/options to shed cap space if need be: convince Markstrom to waive his NMC, Trade Hanifin or Tanev since they have good value and one will need a big raise and the other is aging and injury prone.

Yes Konecny’s having a better season, but Mang brings additional value in intangibles and will break out the rest of this season and next. He’s more of a Sutter player and the Mang-Backs-Coleman line is the best line in the league, so you don’t mess with that. Trade Picks & Prospects to acquire Konecny now and then move Toffoli, Tanev or Hanifin in the off-season to afford his cap hit.

Our Top-9 have been playing well and our team has been dominating. We have had problems with untimely breakdowns and although Markstrom has shown flashes the last couple games, he’s letting us down.

Either Pelletier needs to start contributing or better yet we need an upgrade over him (Duclair, Domi,
JVR or Barbashev). Either someone with past experience with Huberdeau or Kadri or somebody defensively responsible enough to cover Kadri, whose line is responsible for too many goals against. Dube is doing great with Lindholm & Toffoli.

We also need a better 4LW and 4C and another Big Gritty Shot Blocking Penalty Killing D-Man. Gilbert has done well but doesn’t have a ton of experience. Stone has played amazing for us the last 2 seasons and has stepped up huge the last couple games on the PK with Andersson out,
but admittedly a much better and more aware defensive d-man would be better, especially if Tanev goes down again

Our options are to co-exist here or ignore one another. It’s your choice, but I’m tired of the insults and name calling from you. I’m sorry I ever lowered myself to that level to try and compete with the debauchery that internet trolling is, but I’ve always tried to reset and move on. Completely up to you, but I enjoy flames and hockey discussion. It sure beats putting puzzles together, but I could do without the hate
Feb. 14, 2023 at 8:22 p.m.
I don’t know that I want to waste much more time on you. You always turn to insults and name calling. But I’ll reply

Vladar is our Best NHL Goalie right now. He’s 10-1-3 in his last 14 games. The start of the season was shaky, but he had a team looking to build chemistry and D-Pairings that were being switched around and played with at the beginning.

It’s not easy coming off the bench or playing irregularly. Vladar has been outstanding for the Flames pretty much every time he’s been called upon.

Wolf didn’t look great in pre-season. I’m happy he’s doing great in the AHL but if you wanted to sell high, he’s probably the guy I would sell. He doesn’t have ideal size and Goalies values fluctuate rapidly. One year they’re playing great, the next they’re not, ex) Markstrom & Campbell

If we don’t bring on aging players like Henrique and keep our low cost guys, we won’t have to dump Kylington or Vladar. There’s many ways/options to shed cap space if need be: convince Markstrom to waive his NMC, Trade Hanifin or Tanev since they have good value and one will need a big raise and the other is aging and injury prone.

Yes Konecny’s having a better season, but Mang brings additional value in intangibles and will break out the rest of this season and next. He’s more of a Sutter player and the Mang-Backs-Coleman line is the best line in the league, so you don’t mess with that. Trade Picks & Prospects to acquire Konecny now and then move Toffoli, Tanev or Hanifin in the off-season to afford his cap hit.

Our Top-9 have been playing well and our team has been dominating. We have had problems with untimely breakdowns and although Markstrom has shown flashes the last couple games, he’s letting us down.

Either Pelletier needs to start contributing or better yet we need an upgrade over him (Duclair, Domi,
JVR or Barbashev). Either someone with past experience with Huberdeau or Kadri or somebody defensively responsible enough to cover Kadri, whose line is responsible for too many goals against. Dube is doing great with Lindholm & Toffoli.

We also need a better 4LW and 4C and another Big Gritty Shot Blocking Penalty Killing D-Man. Gilbert has done well but doesn’t have a ton of experience. Stone has played amazing for us the last 2 seasons and has stepped up huge the last couple games on the PK with Andersson out,
but admittedly a much better and more aware defensive d-man would be better, especially if Tanev goes down again

Our options are to co-exist here or ignore one another. It’s your choice, but I’m tired of the insults and name calling from you. I’m sorry I ever lowered myself to that level to try and compete with the debauchery that internet trolling is, but I’ve always tried to reset and move on. Completely up to you, but I enjoy flames and hockey discussion. It sure beats putting puzzles together, but I could do without the hate

Your standard is Brian Elliott then. Vladar is sub .900 in 6 of his last 10 starts. 11 of his 13 starts before the new year had the exact same D pairings up and down the line up outside of his 4th and 5th stars due to injury. I have no idea what you’re talking about D pairing played around D with. Non existent made up point.

Vladar has been league average and worse than the start of the year as of late. Again.. sub .900 I’m 6 of his last 10. Outside of a fantastic St Louis game and relief in a Chicago game he’s been well below average in 2023.

Keeping Vladar and Kylington over Hanfin, Toffoli, Markstrom, Tanev is wild. Flames have a horrid record when one of Hanifin, Tanev, Andersson or Weegar are out of the line up. Kylington isn’t good enough to fix that.

Stone is horrible. You know that, have seen the numbers but love bad hockey players. You have no argument on Stone outside of how you feel. Which is baseless.

Stoop down to a level eh? Almost like you said something you’re not proud of that you’re lying to cover up now??
Feb. 14, 2023 at 10:26 p.m.
TrevorA
Your standard is Brian Elliott then. Vladar is sub .900 in 6 of his last 10 starts. 11 of his 13 starts before the new year had the exact same D pairings up and down the line up outside of his 4th and 5th stars due to injury. I have no idea what you’re talking about D pairing played around D with. Non existent made up point.

Vladar has been league average and worse than the start of the year as of late. Again.. sub .900 I’m 6 of his last 10. Outside of a fantastic St Louis game and relief in a Chicago game he’s been well below average in 2023.

Keeping Vladar and Kylington over Hanfin, Toffoli, Markstrom, Tanev is wild. Flames have a horrid record when one of Hanifin, Tanev, Andersson or Weegar are out of the line up. Kylington isn’t good enough to fix that.

Stone is horrible. You know that, have seen the numbers but love bad hockey players. You have no argument on Stone outside of how you feel. Which is baseless.

Stoop down to a level eh? Almost like you said something you’re not proud of that you’re lying to cover up now??

I think we’re done. You don’t get it, I don’t think you’ll ever get it and you’re just not open to what anybody else has to say.

You’re so full of yourself and completely convinced you know everything. You’re a lost cause and there’s no point in trying to have a conversation with you because you’ve got tunnel vision and just want to find ways to argue and then start to throw tantrums and try to insult people

You know who’s bad!? Kulikov. Kulikov’s bad. If Stone was so bad, how did he win a starting position out of camp and other than when he was injured, why has he played in every game. Coaches bench bad players. I guess I just feel that way hey, or maybe that’s a fact

I thought I was talking to somebody more mature and closer to my age. I didn’t realize I was just talking to some young dumb punk and you certainly did not disclose you had a 16 year old sister until you came up with this clever idea to label me a pedophile

Anyways, call me what you want, I don’t care. I’m done with you and your immature childish antics. Find somebody else to bother. You’re a waste of my time & energy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll