Additional Details:
This would be a pre draft trade.
CGY
  1. Jost, Tyson [RFA Rights]
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (PHI)
BUF
  1. Tanev, Christopher
Additional Details:
It’s an assumption that he would take a move to Buffalo, which looks like a better move now than it did a year ago.
CGY
  1. Bailey, Josh
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (NYI)
NYI
    Dumped before free agency
    CGY
    1. Grans, Helge
    2. Pinelli, Francesco
    3. Walker, Sean
    4. 2024 1st round pick (LAK)
    Additional Details:
    2024 1st top 10 protected
    LAK
    1. Hanifin, Noah ($1,950,000 retained)
    2. Nodler, Josh [Reserve List]
    Additional Details:
    Traded early in the season (thinking around December)
    CGY
    1. 2024 1st round pick (PIT)
    2. 2025 3rd round pick (PIT)
    Additional Details:
    Deadline deal 2024 1st is top 10 protected
    PIT
    1. Toffoli, Tyler ($2,100,000 retained)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$83,500,000$81,738,333$0$0$1,761,667
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $863,333$863,333
    LW
    RFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $762,500$762,500
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,800,000$5,800,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $4,900,000$4,900,000
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $762,500$762,500
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
    RetireFedorov
    If it comes with an extension wings accept
    DeadWingsv2, Spaceman and aedoran liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
    Funksoljah
    As a Sabres fan I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, I think Tanev would be the perfect partner for Power. Not sure that Adams would though, he has made a point of saying he didn't want short term fixes. Tanev might not be a long term partner for Power given he'd be a UFA at the end of next season.
    gretzkyghosts and sabres89 liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
    Quoting: Funksoljah
    As a Sabres fan I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, I think Tanev would be the perfect partner for Power. Not sure that Adams would though, he has made a point of saying he didn't want short term fixes. Tanev might not be a long term partner for Power given he'd be a UFA at the end of next season.

He's not blocking anyone, philly pick is a bit steep tho
    Not_Isles5513 and sabres89 liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:53 a.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    If the Sabres wanted a righty d from Calgary it would be Rasmus Andersson, or maybe even Weegar. I could also see them having interest in Markstrom if the price isn’t unreasonably high.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
    Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
    He's not blocking anyone, philly pick is a bit steep tho

They also like Jost, who has been solid since being claimed, especially defensively where they need all the help they can get (especially among the forwards).
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
    Quoting: Not_Isles5513
    If the Sabres wanted a righty d from Calgary it would be Rasmus Andersson, or maybe even Weegar. I could also see them having interest in Markstrom if the price isn’t unreasonably high.

Yeah Id give up a lot for Anderssen
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    Quoting: Stadel
    Yeah Id give up a lot for Anderssen

Asking price is probably more than I could stomach tbh. That being said Dahlin’s not going to get more then a 4 M dollar raise imo, so Buffalo has the money to absorb a bigger contract like Weegar or EK65 with retention if either guy is available.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
    Asking price is probably more than I could stomach tbh. That being said Dahlin’s not going to get more then a 4 M dollar raise imo, so Buffalo has the money to absorb a bigger contract like Weegar or EK65 with retention if either guy is available.

I cant stomach EK65 even with retention. Not at that age anyways, a few years younger maybe. That money is going to disappear fast. Power/Dahlin this summer. Quinn next summer. Not saying they dont have room but, they have to manage it carefully.

I think the larger problem is Calgary won't rebuild. Weegar is only about to start the first year of his long term deal. Committed to Huberdeau and Kadri as well.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    I cant stomach EK65 even with retention. Not at that age anyways, a few years younger maybe. That money is going to disappear fast. Power/Dahlin this summer. Quinn next summer. Not saying they dont have room but, they have to manage it carefully.

I think the larger problem is Calgary won't rebuild. Weegar is only about to start the first year of his long term deal. Committed to Huberdeau and Kadri as well.

Oloffson and Lyubushkin cost about 7.5 combined. That’s basically all the money needed to give power and Dahlin a raise. As long as Buffalo doesn’t waste money on bottom of the lineup players they really should be fine cap wise for the next five years no matter what they do. You probably end up giving a couple guys bridge deals too.
    Stadel and gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:16 p.m.
    Oloffson and Lyubushkin cost about 7.5 combined. That’s basically all the money needed to give power and Dahlin a raise. As long as Buffalo doesn’t waste money on bottom of the lineup players they really should be fine cap wise for the next five years no matter what they do. You probably end up giving a couple guys bridge deals too.

No theyll be okay for sure, just pointing out the space is kind of a mirage, cause the org. is aggressive in re signing young players so I suspect theyve already planned for that on their cap sheet. Makes it less likely they make a move for a really expensive player unless theres insane salary retention.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    No theyll be okay for sure, just pointing out the space is kind of a mirage, cause the org. is aggressive in re signing young players so I suspect theyve already planned for that on their cap sheet. Makes it less likely they make a move for a really expensive player unless theres insane salary retention.

thats why Kulich and Savoie shouldn’t get more than 9 games next year. It’s just gonna hurt ur flexibility over the next four or so years. Don’t burn a year on Kulich/Savoie and you could have both guys on their ELC’s for three years. So if you traded for a guy like Karlsson who has four years left…. You wouldn’t have to pay them real money until he’s off the books.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
    thats why Kulich and Savoie shouldn’t get more than 9 games next year. It’s just gonna hurt ur flexibility over the next four or so years. Don’t burn a year on Kulich/Savoie and you could have both guys on their ELC’s for three years. So if you traded for a guy like Karlsson who has four years left…. You wouldn’t have to pay them real money until he’s off the books.

If Kulich and or Savoie are both playing well, they cant send them back on the premise that they want flexibility for someone like Karlsson. When you miss the playoffs 12 straight years, you simply cannot make transactions that make your nhl team worse. You don't have to rush anyone, but if Kulich looks like a legit top 9 forward, theyre not going to send him back, nor should they. I dont mind burning a year. It gets me closer to being able to negotiate an extension with them before they breakout. And Kulich/Savoie are a far better use of their cap space than someone like Karlsson.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:29 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    If Kulich and or Savoie are both playing well, they cant send them back on the premise that they want flexibility for someone like Karlsson. When you miss the playoffs 12 straight years, you simply cannot make transactions that make your nhl team worse. You don't have to rush anyone, but if Kulich looks like a legit top 9 forward, theyre not going to send him back, nor should they. I dont mind burning a year. It gets me closer to being able to negotiate an extension with them before they breakout. And Kulich/Savoie are a far better use of their cap space than someone like Karlsson.

i get what your saying. I just think most underage players aren’t ready for the show. Dobson would’ve been much better off getting another year to hone his skills in the Q. If I were Buffalo I would only keep Savoie and Kulich if you wanted them to get the Shane Wright experience.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:31 p.m.
    i get what your saying. I just think most underage players aren’t ready for the show. Dobson would’ve been much better off getting another year to hone his skills in the Q. If I were Buffalo I would only keep Savoie and Kulich if you wanted them to get the Shane Wright experience.

Well Kulich can't get the shane wright experience, he's AHL eligible which solves a lot of problems. Kulich is also scoring at nearly the same rate Nylander did when he was there on a much worse team. He looks pro ready. Savoie? eh, 50/50. I mean if he crushes camp and 9 games why not but otherwise I dont mind him going back to score 150 pts in the WHL lol
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    Well Kulich can't get the shane wright experience, he's AHL eligible which solves a lot of problems. Kulich is also scoring at nearly the same rate Nylander did when he was there on a much worse team. He looks pro ready. Savoie? eh, 50/50. I mean if he crushes camp and 9 games why not but otherwise I dont mind him going back to score 150 pts in the WHL lol

Kulich is definitely closer to NHL ready. You just have to ask ur self if you want him playing third like in the NHL and burning a year, or if he would be better served being the top dog in Rochester. Personally I think after nine games the latter may appeal more to you, but I could be wrong.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:36 p.m.
    Kulich is definitely closer to NHL ready. You just have to ask ur self if you want him playing third like in the NHL and burning a year, or if he would be better served being the top dog in Rochester. Personally I think after nine games the latter may appeal more to you, but I could be wrong.

He's already top dog in Rochester, without him theyd be last in the division lol. Third line is fine, this forward group rolls lines anyways and so each of them can make an impact. If he's got it, I want him taking the next step in his career. Its more valuable than going back to rochester and saving an elc year isnt worth it if its stalling development or hurting the team. Theyre far past the point of caring about that and it wouldn't bother me if it kept them from trading for a 30+ year old with a bloated contract.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:40 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    He's already top dog in Rochester, without him theyd be last in the division lol. Third line is fine, this forward group rolls lines anyways and so each of them can make an impact. If he's got it, I want him taking the next step in his career. Its more valuable than going back to rochester and saving an elc year isnt worth it if its stalling development or hurting the team. Theyre far past the point of caring about that and it wouldn't bother me if it kept them from trading for a 30+ year old with a bloated contract.

I’ll be honest I feel like this has more to do with you not wanting EK65 which is understandable. That being said I feel like most 19 year olds at the NHL level don’t find much success in their rookie season and it can do more harm than good. Look at Daniel Sprong for instance. Or a guy like Sillinger who has less than ten points in his sophomore campaign!
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
    I’ll be honest I feel like this has more to do with you not wanting EK65 which is understandable. That being said I feel like most 19 year olds at the NHL level don’t find much success in their rookie season and it can do more harm than good. Look at Daniel Sprong for instance. Or a guy like Sillinger who has less than ten points in his sophomore campaign!

Its not about EK65, i mean in general, its not good to stall the growth of your young players because you want to ensure you have room to add guys in the back half of their career making way more than they should. Most 19 year olds also dont have as good a year as Kulich has had in the AHL at 18. Kulich could forget how to skate and still probably be ahead of where sillinger was in his post draft year lol

This isnt some rando scoring 0.8 ppg in the QMJHL. There's a reason he hit the untouchable list for Sabres fans. He's doing phenomenal work in the AHL at 18, eerily similar to what Jack Quinn did at 20, and Quinn has had an extremely valuable year as an NHL rookie in terms of puck possession numbers, shot generation, quality chance creation and even defensive play.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:50 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    Its not about EK65, i mean in general, its not good to stall the growth of your young players because you want to ensure you have room to add guys in the back half of their career making way more than they should. Most 19 year olds also dont have as good a year as Kulich has had in the AHL at 18. Kulich could forget how to skate and still probably be ahead of where sillinger was in his post draft year lol

This isnt some rando scoring 0.8 ppg in the QMJHL. There's a reason he hit the untouchable list for Sabres fans. He's doing phenomenal work in the AHL at 18, eerily similar to what Jack Quinn did at 20, and Quinn has had an extremely valuable year as an NHL rookie in terms of puck possession numbers, shot generation, quality chance creation and even defensive play.

Quinn didn’t play before he turned twenty tho. I just feel like from a maturity standpoint Kulich might need another year. Also if you aren’t interested in Karlsson based on age I get it, but he’s also been crazy good this year which is why I suggested it. Personally I think the Sabres should target Boqvist and Fabbro, and upgrade on Jokiharju if possible.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:50 p.m.
    Kulich is definitely closer to NHL ready... Completely agree!
    He's already top dog in Rochester... They're far past the point of caring about that...Completely agree!
    Of the four recent first round draft picks, Savoie is the only one still playing against players his own age.
    As you both have said, Kulich is nearly NHL ready now, Ostlund and Rosen definitely need to bulk up before they can compete.
    Unfortunately none of them are 6' or taller and only Savoie tops 175 lbs.
    It will be interesting to see how the team develops over the next two years.
    Not_Isles5513 liked this.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    Of the four recent first round draft picks, Savoie is the only one still playing against players his own age.
    As you both have said, Kulich is nearly NHL ready now, Ostlund and Rosen definitely need to bulk up before they can compete.
    Unfortunately none of them are 6' or taller and only Savoie tops 175 lbs.
    It will be interesting to see how the team develops over the next two years.

I agree 100%. My only point was that I wouldn’t pencil Kulich in as a sure thing to start in the show next year.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:52 p.m.
    Quinn didn’t play before he turned twenty tho. I just feel like from a maturity standpoint Kulich might need another year. Also if you aren’t interested in Karlsson based on age I get it, but he’s also been crazy good this year which is why I suggested it. Personally I think the Sabres should target Boqvist and Fabbro, and upgrade on Jokiharju if possible.

If he had performed as well as Kulich has at 18, he would have. Thats more or less my whole point. Boqvist isnt particularly good, Fabbro is whatever. At this point unless a clear high upside devon toews like deal is available I dont really care who they pair with Dahlin/Power.

Their 1st , 2nd and 3rd priority should be two new goalies and forwards with two way upside.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
    1GarthSnowFan
    If he had performed as well as Kulich has at 18, he would have. Thats more or less my whole point. Boqvist isnt particularly good, Fabbro is whatever. At this point unless a clear high upside devon toews like deal is available I dont really care who they pair with Dahlin/Power.

Their 1st , 2nd and 3rd priority should be two new goalies and forwards with two way upside.

Boqvist has high end speed and skill for a blue liner, excels in transition and has all the tools to deny zone entries even if he hasn’t figured that out just yet. Fabbro is a throwback defender who was plays that physical style you need on a second or third pair. I think both guys can help Buffalo, and each guy has a lot of tools for the best developmental coach in hockey to work with.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
    Quoting: buffbry9108
    If it comes with an extension wings accept

Was thinking the exact same thing. Without an extension I'm not trading a 1st and Veleno for 1 year of Lindholm.
    Mar. 15, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
    Future Norris guy
    Detroit definitely does it, If Elias Lindholm comes with an extension.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll