SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #14: Loser Point Szn

Mar. 31, 2023 at 7:48 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: justaBoss
11th actually.

CHI, CBJ, ANA, SJ, MTL, ARI, PHI, VAN, DET and STL are still behind you.

Points percentage between WSH, DET and STL is equal though.

Tankathon says we have 9th oa. Let me have hope
Mar. 31, 2023 at 8:12 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: capsfan2121
Oshie had his third injury of the season

Will he be done at the end of the year?

No.

But he probably should be.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
What in tarnation
Tankathon says we have 9th oa. Let me have hope

Tbf with the players available, there's not much difference between 9-11. It's a hit or miss anyway with these guys no matter who you pick.

Knowing how WSH likes their Russians though expect Dmitri Simashev to be their 1st round pick no matter where they end up.
Sharkie69 and Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:45 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Tbf with the players available, there's not much difference between 9-11. It's a hit or miss anyway with these guys no matter who you pick.

Knowing how WSH likes their Russians though expect Dmitri Simashev to be their 1st round pick no matter where they end up.

If Gulayev is available, then I'd expect Washington to take him before Simashev.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Sharkie69
If Gulayev is available, then I'd expect Washington to take him before Simashev.

I don't, cuz Simashev actually plays in KHL. Gulyayev is in Russian juniors still.

Tbf it's either/or. With Simashev being a tad bigger guy he's probably the more certain option to take.
Sharkie69 and Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:52 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
I don't, cuz Simashev actually plays in KHL. Gulyayev is in Russian juniors still.

Tbf it's either/or. With Simashev being a tad bigger guy he's probably the more certain option to take.

Gulyayev did play a bit in the VHL and KHL, and got a point in the KHL, something Simashev didn't do.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Gulyayev did play a bit in the VHL and KHL, and got a point in the KHL, something Simashev didn't do.

Anyone think Michkov will fall to us?
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:55 a.m.
What in tarnation

Yeah but Gulyayev's strenghts do lie more in the offensive game meanwhile Simashev is a more defensive guy.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
What in tarnation

Unlikely. Way too good to pass up for someone like Ducks, Habs or Zona, provided they don't win the lottery.

Lowest I could see Michkov drop is 6th. Based on skills there could be a case made for him going 2nd.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts

not a chance
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:59 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan

I think they may like Gulyayev's production better than Simashev's, with Washington drafting less on size in the last couple years (Brent Johnson, Dru Krebs both under 6 foot) and acquiring Sandin, I don't know if size matters to the Caps.

I'd tip towards Gulyayev being the guy due to his better offensive production in the MHL and familiarity with Miroshnichenko, also playing for Omsk. I wouldn't be shocked if it's neither however, Washington has only 2 Russian prospects in the system (Miroshnichenko, Trineyev), and if someone like Cristall is available around 12 than I can't see the Caps passing on him, especially with the lack of NHL potential wingers in the system.
capsfan2121, Sharkie69 and Tintin liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
I think they may like Gulyayev's production better than Simashev's, with Washington drafting less on size in the last couple years (Brent Johnson, Dru Krebs both under 6 foot) and acquiring Sandin, I don't know if size matters to the Caps.

I'd tip towards Gulyayev being the guy due to his better offensive production in the MHL and familiarity with Miroshnichenko, also playing for Omsk. I wouldn't be shocked if it's neither however, Washington has only 2 Russian prospects in the system (Miroshnichenko, Trineyev), and if someone like Cristall is available around 12 than I can't see the Caps passing on him, especially with the lack of NHL potential wingers in the system.

Would you take Barlow/Perreault or Gulyayev/Simashev at that pick? I just don't think Cristall would be available there.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: NoVaSpartan

I'd argue Simashev is the go-to guy precisely because they currently lack a D prospect like him, a sizable defensive guy. That is, if they go for a Russian.

Cristall is also a viable option, but I think it's fair to say they need prospects in just about every position.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:11 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Would you take Barlow/Perreault or Gulyayev/Simashev at that pick? I just don't think Cristall would be available there.

That's a tough call. I think they'd shy away from the defense at that point strictly due to fan reaction, even if they value the defensemen higher like I would here. I might go Perreault over Barlow as I like Perreault's playmaking ability slightly more, and I don't see Trineyev/Protas being more than high end bottom 6 forwards. However, if they think that Barlow would transition fine to RW (which I have no reason to believe he won't), then I think they'd take Barlow as I believe he'll hold more value in possible trades if it comes to it.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Calling all playoff teams!!!

This post is for any fans of teams who will be in the playoffs, or teams who still may get in. Florida, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, Calgary. I'm excluding Nashville and anyone else in the east because I don't think they have any real shot of getting in, and if they did, I think they'd be one and done.

I'm going to be doing a playoff preview/prediction post that is equivalent to a novel. I have to wait until matchups are determined before I post.

I would really appreciate feedback for this.

I only want to hear factual things. Don't bother responding and giving comments about teams that you know nothing about or hardly watch and don't truly know their game.

If you have the time or inclination, I would like the three biggest factors for _____ teams success in a series/playoffs. Example- Having an effective powerplay, not letting a game turn into a track meet, locking down star xyz on the opposing team, an individual players role in the series, goaltending, penalties, 5v5 play, coaching, home ice, etc.

I also would like 3 factors that would lead to the downfall of ______ team in a series/the playoffs. For example- taking bad or too many penalties, letting games become too high scoring, playing against a team that is too physical for them to handle, letting star xyz walk all over you and put up great numbers, etc.

It obviously can be something other than I listed. You guys know your own teams better than casual fans. It doesn't have to be 3 of each. It could just be anything you could add and tell me about your team that could give me a deeper understanding of said squad heading in to the playoffs.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and I will tag everyone who helped out in the process.

Thanks for reading.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Gosh if they pick ahead of the canucks, I hope they go for Mikhail Gulyayev instead of one Reinbacher or Sandin Pelikka
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Juiceman
Gosh if they pick ahead of the canucks, I hope they go for Mikhail Gulyayev instead of one Reinbacher or Sandin Pelikka

I’d would be upset if they don’t go for a forward.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I’d would be upset if they don’t go for a forward.

Lots of good forwards. Perhaps Barlow or Wood
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
What’s the best way of getting old men who play hockey and make alot of money, motivated to play 100%
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.
Bedard23
What’s the best way of getting old men who play hockey and make alot of money, motivated to play 100%

The promise of a championship
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
I make typos

GO RED WINGS!!!!!!
Sharkie69 and ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: oilersguy

GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

Agreed. We need 9oa
Sharkie69 and oilersguy liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:24 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: oilersguy

GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

Agreed. We need 9oa

For a person that is completely unaffected by any results of this game, I'll cheer on the red wings. Their just a fun team to root for.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Just wondering. Does tonight's Sabres vs. Rangers game have any repercussions on the standings for any Eastern Conference team?
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
Just wondering. Does tonight's Sabres vs. Rangers game have any repercussions on the standings for any Eastern Conference team?

Yeah for the Rangers. They need this win if they're gonna stay in the hunt for home ice or the division lead. If they lose this, New Jersey and Carolina have two games in hand and the Devils play Chicago tomorrow and the Canes play Montreal. So New York can pretty much kiss home ice in any series goodbye if they lose tonight. Cause by tomorrow night theyll more than likely be 5+ points back of both teams

Edit- After tonight Carolina will have 2 in hand on NYR and NJ will have 1 in hand my mistake
Sharkie69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll