2. 2024 4th round pick (CHI)
TBL
    future considerations
    CHI
    1. Grans, Helge
    2. Petersen, Cal
    3. 2024 2nd round pick (LAK)
    Additional Details:
    I would consider Spence or Pinelli instead of Grans if that is easier to swallow
    LAK
      future considerations
      CHI
      1. Henrique, Adam
      2. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
      3. 2024 3rd round pick (SJS)
      ANA
      1. Mitchell, Ian [RFA Rights]
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      Recapture Fees
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the PHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the DAL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TBL
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the VAN
      Logo of the LAK
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the DAL
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the NYR
      Logo of the CHI
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      24$82,500,000$73,419,707$0$1,780,000$9,080,293
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 1
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 5
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RW, C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LW, C, RW
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the New York Islanders
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RW, LW, C
      UFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 1
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $758,333$758,333
      RW
      RFA - 1
      $758,333$758,333
      LW
      RFA - 1
      $950,000$950,000
      C
      RFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      RW, C
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $1,456,250$1,456,250
      LW, C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      RW
      RFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 6
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      $3,800,000$3,800,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      LD
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $1,850,000$1,850,000
      LD/RD
      RFA - 1
      $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
      $6,875,000$6,875,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
      45 for Norris.
      That Henrique offer… is something else.
      palhal and OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
      Lol "I'll take Spence or Pinelli instead" he says. I bet you would.

The Kings aren't going to pay a prospect to dump Petersen. I'd consider the 2nd pick, but nothing else added on to it.
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:38 p.m.
      Hawks Fan
      I like the Drouin signing. Especially if MTL wins the lottery again they don’t need him. And he’s played under Richardson before.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
      Edited Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
      Quoting: PuckLuck_77
      Lol "I'll take Spence or Pinelli instead" he says. I bet you would.

The Kings aren't going to pay a prospect to dump Petersen. I'd consider the 2nd pick, but nothing else added on to it.

Petersen is owed 11 million actual dollars and has 10 million in cap hit over the next 2 seasons and is a mediocre AHL goalie until proven otherwise after his last 2 seasons. Now if the Kings want to keep him buried in the AHL to minimize cap impact, they can buy him out, or deal him somewhere else (but there is a pretty limited number of teams that have the capspace and financial ability to add bad contracts for picks/prospects) I understand not wanting to pay to move him. I tried to be nice and not ask for a first or Turcotte, but I think the value to take that contract for 2 more years is 2 2nds. The Kings 2nd is next year and more than likely not going to be all that high. The prospects I picked are in that late first/early 2nd value (I could be off as I am far from an expert on values of King's prospects) and a couple of them are RHD where presumably Clarke is favored to grab a NHL spot over either and Doughty will likely man another for the forseeable future. Now if we are waiting for the Kings to pay Petersen 4 million dollar bonus this Summer, the cost to move him is less. But even then 7 million in real dollars and 5 a year in cap cost more than a late 2nd to move (again if you don't need the cap space and have to move him....more power to the Kings)
      Hawksguy81 liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
      No chance the Ducks add picks in a Henrique trade. He's not a cap dump. Hawks would (but definitely shouldn't) probably pay at least a 2nd to acquire him. Hawks aren't getting enough back in the Buffalo trade. That package gets Murphy, but not with Dickinson included. Graves probably resigns w/ Devils or goes to another playoff team. Hawks probably have a better shot at Ian Cole if they want a vet D man on the left side. Rest of the trades and signings seem realistic and make sense.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
      You’re not getting Spence. Grans or pinelli for future considerations.

LOL
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
      Quoting: wojohawk
      Petersen is owed 11 million actual dollars and has 10 million in cap hit over the next 2 seasons and is a mediocre AHL goalie until proven otherwise after his last 2 seasons. Now if the Kings want to keep him buried in the AHL to minimize cap impact, they can buy him out, or deal him somewhere else (but there is a pretty limited number of teams that have the capspace and financial ability to add bad contracts for picks/prospects). Now I tried to be nice and not ask for a first or Turcotte, but I think the value to take that contract for 2 more years is 2 2nds. The Kings first is next year and more than likely not going to be all that high. The prospects I picked are in that last first/early 2nd value (I could be off as I am far from an expert on values of King's prospects) and a couple of them are RHD where presumably Clarke is favored to grab a NHL spot over either and Doughty will likely man another for the forseeable future. Now if we are waiting for the Kings to pay Petersen 4 million dollar bonus this Summer, the cost to move him is less. But even then 7 million in real dollars and 5 a year in cap cost more than a late 2nd to move (again if you don't need the cap space and have to move him....more power to the Kings)

I'll just say that I disagree with you and leave it at that. His buyout is minimal after next year, so all they need to do is bury him for one more year.
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 5:58 p.m.
      Quoting: Hawksguy81
      No chance the Ducks add picks in a Henrique trade. He's not a cap dump. Hawks would (but definitely shouldn't) probably pay at least a 2nd to acquire him. Hawks aren't getting enough back in the Buffalo trade. That package gets Murphy, but not with Dickinson included. Graves probably resigns w/ Devils or goes to another playoff team. Hawks probably have a better shot at Ian Cole if they want a vet D man on the left side. Rest of the trades and signings seem realistic and make sense.

Then I complete miss Henrique value. I figured a 34 point 5.8 million 33 point center for a team that has some young center coming if not there is a dump worth including a late 2nd with. If that is not the case, how about Silfverberg instead (or is a 26 point 5.25 million winger not a dump?)?
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
      Then I complete miss Henrique value. I figured a 34 point 5.8 million 33 point center for a team that has some young center coming if not there is a dump worth including a late 2nd with. If that is not the case, how about Silfverberg instead (or is a 26 point 5.25 million winger not a dump?)?

Silverberg doesn't have the value Henrique does IMO, but I don't think Anaheim pays to get rid of him either. They won't be hurting for cap space next year.
      OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.
      Quoting: Hawksguy81
      Silverberg doesn't have the value Henrique does IMO, but I don't think Anaheim pays to get rid of him either. They won't be hurting for cap space next year.

Exactly — rebuilding teams done pay other teams to take their players, especially ones that have contracts ending at the end of next year
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:47 p.m.

The Ducks aren't moving bad contracts. They need cap to reach the floor just like the Hawks do.
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.
      Quoting: GeneralLandro
      Exactly — rebuilding teams done pay other teams to take their players, especially ones that have contracts ending at the end of next year

Fair enough, even if things go bad getting Zegrus, Terry, Comtois, Dostal, & Drysdale contracts done there should be cap room to address some pieces on the backend without absolutely being forced to dump bad contracts. I was just trying to buy a 2nd for capspace, but Anaheim probably is not that seller.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
      Quoting: GeneralLandro

Quoting: CHAR
      The Ducks aren't moving bad contracts. They need cap to reach the floor just like the Hawks do.

They won't be anywhere near the capfloor having to deal with RFA's Zegrus, Terry, Comtois, Dostal, & Drysdale cause at least a couple of those guys should get sizeable deals not to mention they will have to address their backend too. That said, they also probably will not likely push the top meaning a dump will not be needed.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Petersen is owed 11 million actual dollars and has 10 million in cap hit over the next 2 seasons and is a mediocre AHL goalie until proven otherwise after his last 2 seasons. Now if the Kings want to keep him buried in the AHL to minimize cap impact, they can buy him out, or deal him somewhere else (but there is a pretty limited number of teams that have the capspace and financial ability to add bad contracts for picks/prospects) I understand not wanting to pay to move him. I tried to be nice and not ask for a first or Turcotte, but I think the value to take that contract for 2 more years is 2 2nds. The Kings 2nd is next year and more than likely not going to be all that high. The prospects I picked are in that late first/early 2nd value (I could be off as I am far from an expert on values of King's prospects) and a couple of them are RHD where presumably Clarke is favored to grab a NHL spot over either and Doughty will likely man another for the forseeable future. Now if we are waiting for the Kings to pay Petersen 4 million dollar bonus this Summer, the cost to move him is less. But even then 7 million in real dollars and 5 a year in cap cost more than a late 2nd to move (again if you don't need the cap space and have to move him....more power to the Kings)

This is the flawed premise underlying all of these bad dump-Petersen's-contract trades: the conviction that Los Angeles has to get rid of two seasons of him. Look up his buyout in 2024 and you'll see why these ideas are unrealistic.

What makes Ian Mitchell worth a second-round draft pick? He's a defensive defender who will have fewer than 85 NHL games under his belt by the off-season.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 7:45 p.m.
      Quoting: OldNYIfan
      This is the flawed premise underlying all of these bad dump-Petersen's-contract trades: the conviction that Los Angeles has to get rid of two seasons of him. Look up his buyout in 2024 and you'll see why these ideas are unrealistic.

What makes Ian Mitchell worth a second-round draft pick? He's a defensive defender who will have fewer than 85 NHL games under his belt by the off-season.

I understand the cost to move that Peterson contract IF you can wait a year (and it is still 4 million dollars at that point to spread that cap over a couple years), but can the Kings wait? The issue at hand is once you address the RFA's (especially Vilardi who is due a decent raise), there will not be much cap left to address the obvious issue....goaltending without shedding all of Peterson. If the Kings can actually wait, obviously no reason to make a deal and they can deal with that last year with the cap probably increasing a bit more next off season. If they actually need/want/can move that contract, it will not be for a 2nd (especially not a late one at that) even after they pay the 4 million bonus this Summer. If they wait to pay the bonus themselves, cost is less than what I propose....but again not for just a 2nd.
      OldNYIfan liked this.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 9:23 p.m.
      They won't be anywhere near the capfloor having to deal with RFA's Zegrus, Terry, Comtois, Dostal, & Drysdale

Zegras and Terry should be about 15M together, how it's split between them doesn't matter in this conversation. Comtois, if he returns which isn't a lock, gets max 2.5M because that's his QO. Dostal has no leverage to get more than 1M and Drysdale with his injury this season is probably in the 1.5-2M range on a 1 or 2 year term. Sandin and Liljegrin both got 2x1.4 as comparable. IF Jamie had played 80 games and scored 50+ points his contract would look much different, he'd be getting a Dobson contract in that case.

A lot of that RFA money going out the door comes from no Klingberg (7M), no Shattenkirk (4M), and no Perry buyout (2M). So yeah, they Ducks are in no danger of being below the cap floor as you say but they will stay reasonably close to it. Close enough that they can't send out money like Henrique unless they bring similar money back in.
      Apr. 6, 2023 at 9:28 p.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      I understand the cost to move that Peterson contract IF you can wait a year (and it is still 4 million dollars at that point to spread that cap over a couple years), but can the Kings wait? The issue at hand is once you address the RFA's (especially Vilardi who is due a decent raise), there will not be much cap left to address the obvious issue....goaltending without shedding all of Peterson. If the Kings can actually wait, obviously no reason to make a deal and they can deal with that last year with the cap probably increasing a bit more next off season. If they actually need/want/can move that contract, it will not be for a 2nd (especially not a late one at that) even after they pay the 4 million bonus this Summer. If they wait to pay the bonus themselves, cost is less than what I propose....but again not for just a 2nd.

The key issues are: (1) does Vladi Gavrikov re-sign, and if so, for what? The roster can't bear much more than $4.25 million AAV. (2) what does Vilardi re-up for? The roster can't bear much more than $3 million. (3) will Korpisalo re-sign? As with Vilardi, the Kings can't afford to pay him more than $3 million.

Moving Sean Walker is almost a must, but moving Alex Iafallo (who would bring the best return) would just about solve ALL of our cap issues (without even moving Walker). The problem is that Iafallo is one of the most underrated players in the NHL, and his value to the Kings is much higher than most people understand.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll