SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2023 Lightning Offseason Discussion

May 2, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
Another year in the books. Not a total loss. Lots of growth all across the organization. I'm not as concerned about the future as a lot of people are. This team still has plenty left in the tank.

A longer offseason is exactly what the guys need and I think it will do wonders just having an extra month off.

Perry said he still has more in him and still wants to play. He's taking his time the next few weeks/months before he comes to a decision.

Vasy wasn't feeling 100% the whole season.

Rest should be good for Hedman and Cernak for recovery's sake. It's a good thing for Sergachev as you don't want him worn to the bone so early in his career. After a heavy year by him and the birth of a kid, that'll be great for him.

Killorn again states that he wants to stay, but at the same time of course says he has to consider his options. Can't blame anyone for that.

I think you work on Killorn and Colton first. Their next contracts determine the direction of the offseason. Paying them both what they're worth cripples our depth, but possibly losing them creates uncertainty. We'll see what comes and who is first into JBBs office.

I'm gonna lose my **** if Eyssimont isn't resigned. Even if he demands to get a raise, we can afford another Hagel/Colton type guy. Pay the man if he wants to walk.

I'm excited for this summer and to see how the team starts to shape up as we head into 2023-2024

Go Bolts!!!
May 5, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
Wow! Ace get less money than I thought he would, but it's good for the team and I'm thrilled he's returning! I expected 900k-1,125,000. Love this guys character. Can't wait to see him be a regular. I hope he explodes next year and gets into the top 6. I truly think that's a possibility.
imawesome liked this.
May 6, 2023 at 12:17 a.m.
I want Gourde back
Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
Wow! Ace get less money than I thought he would, but it's good for the team and I'm thrilled he's returning! I expected 900k-1,125,000. Love this guys character. Can't wait to see him be a regular. I hope he explodes next year and gets into the top 6. I truly think that's a possibility.

idk about top 6 but it's still an incredible deal. Definitely in the lineup next year
Steven_Stamkos liked this.
May 6, 2023 at 9:25 p.m.
Quoting: imawesome
idk about top 6 but it's still an incredible deal. Definitely in the lineup next year

He has loads of potential in my eyes. He had great opportunities and chem with Pointer and Kuch. Hagel will obviously be back with those two most of next regular season, but I think if Ace plays with the right players who are very skilled, he can put up a lot more points next year than people would expect. Because he hasn't broken out yet and the way his career has gone thus far, it's easy to understand why some would think the top 6 is a stretch. But he has excellent IQ and creativity + his ceiling is very high in my opinion. Because he's so similar to Hagel, he very well could get asked and assigned to a defensive roll, especially because he doesn't have seniority to other guys who will be looked to to have better offensive seasons next year, Hagel, Cirelli, Colton, Paul
May 7, 2023 at 1:51 a.m.
Great signing with Ace!! Jeannot probably gets somewhere between 1.5 and 2, as he hasn't shown he's worth any more. After that, there's a relatively cheap backup G(maybe one of Stolarz, Rittich or Ned), and 1 or 2 Syracuse promotions. Maybe one of Perry or Belly come back, but I can see both gone as well. The big decision is if Killorn will take a discount, but even then, the math is the math with the cap, so ultimately, JBB probably has to decide which one of the three out of Killorn, Colton and Paul is the most expendable moving ahead. There is no realistic way to keep all 3.
May 8, 2023 at 8:37 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Taylor Raddysh lucked out. Probably gonna have Bedard on his line next season.
May 8, 2023 at 9:22 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Taylor Raddysh lucked out. Probably gonna have Bedard on his line next season.

Love that Chicago built this truly horrendous culture and get rewarded with one of the greatest players of the next generation.
Steven_Stamkos and Rolfadinho liked this.
May 14, 2023 at 7:27 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
To whom it may concern, my end of season prospect pool assessment is up
Steven_Stamkos and Sklikly liked this.
May 20, 2023 at 2:09 a.m.
Banned
Face it guys, window is closed, and a longer off-season isn't gonna change that. Ross Colton is going to want a significant raise, probably pricing himself out of Tampa, not to mention what happens with Jeannot. Forward group is looking really thin right now in particular
May 20, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Face it guys, window is closed, and a longer off-season isn't gonna change that. Ross Colton is going to want a significant raise, probably pricing himself out of Tampa, not to mention what happens with Jeannot. Forward group is looking really thin right now in particular

You felt the need to come here and comment that why? We are aware of the situation the team is facing this offseason. What you said is not news lol.
May 20, 2023 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s

Maybe get out more. Weather's nice, take a little time away from the internet.
May 21, 2023 at 1:16 a.m.
I want Gourde back

Quoting: Rangsey
Maybe get out more. Weather's nice, take a little time away from the internet.

I can't tell if he wants Colton and/or Jeannot or if he's just in a bad mood from the lottery still because he convinced himself Vancouver was jumping to #1
Jun. 5, 2023 at 10:12 a.m.
Rutta 4ever

Day is back. I wouldn't have thought so, but I wonder if Carrick intends to leave for a better opportunity/probability of seeing NHL action, putting Day back in the 1LD role in Syracuse.
Jun. 5, 2023 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Day is back. I wouldn't have thought so, but I wonder if Carrick intends to leave for a better opportunity/probability of seeing NHL action, putting Day back in the 1LD role in Syracuse.

Isn't Carlisle taking that spot?
Jun. 5, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Isn't Carlisle taking that spot?

3LD in Tampa 🤫

Even though I'd say Carlile is a better NHL prospect, Day is still better equipped to be the Crunch's top defenseman, especially with Raddysh likely staying in Tampa.
Rangsey and Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Jun. 5, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Ryfors 2.0 I guess

He is a RW though, definitely a position of need in Syracuse. They could still use a center with a little experience, but that would probably come once NHL free agency opens at the end of the month.
Jun. 5, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
Rutta 4ever

Another one from some place much colder
Jun. 28, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Edited Jun. 28, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
Looks like Killorn may be sticking around.

I'm for it. As long as he doesn't handcuff us, there's still plenty left in his tank.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Looks like Killorn may be sticking around.

I'm for it. As long as he doesn't handcuff us, there's still plenty left in his tank.

Do you have some news on him staying? I haven't seen anything is all, but I really hope that's the case(as it would make the big L taken on the RC trade much less of one.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 5:07 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
Do you have some news on him staying? I haven't seen anything is all, but I really hope that's the case(as it would make the big L taken on the RC trade much less of one.

No. Sorry, that comment was somewhat misleading. Based on what I took from this tweet, and the fact he moved Colton, it seems infinitely more likely than before that he resigns

JTBF81 liked this.
Jun. 28, 2023 at 8:15 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Colton was always going to be moved. Question now is Killorn and cheap everywhere else still open, or Jeannot a just a little extra $ to play with. Personally, I'd take Killorn and figure it out later.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Gauthier is a good pick.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 3:37 p.m.
Thank you for your service Corey Perry. Will be dearly missed by the entire fanbase
Jun. 29, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
It's unfortunate that because they went out and paid that ridiculous price for Jeannot, and now of course won't get rid of him because of it, that the cap wasn't there apparently for Colton and probabaly not there for Killorn. Having either Killorn or Colton moving ahead would seem to be far better than seeing Jeannot on the team.
Jun. 29, 2023 at 6:38 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
It's unfortunate that because they went out and paid that ridiculous price for Jeannot, and now of course won't get rid of him because of it, that the cap wasn't there apparently for Colton and probabaly not there for Killorn. Having either Killorn or Colton moving ahead would seem to be far better than seeing Jeannot on the team.

Agreed. The worst case scenario in my mind now is if Killorn doesn't resign, and Jeannot gets way more money than everyone is anticipating. I still am reserving judgement on Jeannot, along with other reasonable people. Yeah Julien gave up a boatload, but TJ will have a great opportunity to prove his worth this year. But yeah I wouldve much rather preferred to keep Colton. Jeannot would have been nice to get, if it wasn't for so damn much
BrianLeeHOF, imawesome and JTBF81 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll