SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2023 Lightning Offseason Discussion

Jul. 1, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
Lot of gritty depth and potential upside guys today. Leaving about 2mil ish for Jeannot?
Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
Champa Bay
Nice adds but I'm still kinda dissapointed. We need to fill that hole in top 6, get solid depth LD and a backup goalie... not sure what to think about Johansson signing.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
I'm skeptical of Sheary and Johansson. Not sure they are what we needed.

I like Archibald and Glendenning though.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 6:17 p.m.
We will be deeper. Paul will replace Killorn. I agree with solid left defensemen.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 7:14 p.m.
Overall very mediocre day from JBB. No realistic replacement for Killorn, average at best 3rd liner, same.with the 4th line adds, 3LD is a joke and backup.G, are you kidding me....so.much for Vasy not having to play 60 or more games again...There is no way to look at this team and think top level Cup contender given what several teams in the East look like.
Jul. 1, 2023 at 8:12 p.m.
Late to the party. A step back year or however long you want to call it, was inevitable. Young guys will develop and the team will grow in a new direction. Paul now clearly takes Killorns roll, and Eyssimont will get his shot to have a breakout season. Fluery gets his chance at a regular spot. Underwhelming? Meh. Not sure that’s the best adjective. I am a huge Glendening fan. Archibald will be a good edition to the bottom 6 and Sheary will have a chance to produce well again offensively. My thoughts aren’t very certain right now. We’ll see how things continue to land and shape.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Okay. I like de Haan. Especially at that price.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 8:12 p.m.
Cal Foote is a UFA. Crunch?
Jul. 2, 2023 at 10:22 p.m.
Big Rig. Killer.

It's officially a different band.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 10:45 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Cal Foote is a UFA. Crunch?

I doubt it. He's still a NHL defenseman. If we move Bogo, I wouldn't mind bringing Foote in as 4RD.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 2:33 a.m.
Big Rig. Killer.

It's officially a different band.

It is a very different team to last year. Will be interesting to see whether things come together or if it's an off year. I personally feel it will either work out well, or really poorly. We'll see though!
Jul. 4, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
After watching the 3v3 games td I really believe that Merela could make a run at a roster spot this year, If not then I would expect him to be called up due to injury at some point. Really impressed with his game and also brings a lot of size with him as well. Obviously can't take too much away from today because it was just a 3v3 tournament but some guys definitely stood out more than I thought they would
Aug. 22, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
Hagel for 6.5. I'm pretty happy with that number tbh.
imawesome, Steven_Stamkos, BrianLeeHOF and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 23, 2023 at 8:35 a.m.
Hagel for 6.5. I'm pretty happy with that number tbh.

Me too. If Stamkos takes a pay cut, no matter how slight, it will give us some decent money to work with the next 2 years
imawesome liked this.
Sep. 13, 2023 at 12:05 p.m.
Prospect showcase roster released. To no surprise NCAA guys aren't on it. I'm excited to watch the games this weekend!
Sep. 18, 2023 at 12:14 a.m.
With 2 out of 3 games of the prospect showcase having been played I have to say that maxim groshev has really suprised me and I think has been our best player by far to this point. I also like how Gauthier has been playing. I was really looking to see if merela or goncalves would have a good prospect tournament to see if they could possibly get on the roster but I don't think they have waranted a spot yet, there is still preseason though.
Sep. 18, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
Quoting: LordStanlersCup
With 2 out of 3 games of the prospect showcase having been played I have to say that maxim groshev has really suprised me and I think has been our best player by far to this point. I also like how Gauthier has been playing. I was really looking to see if merela or goncalves would have a good prospect tournament to see if they could possibly get on the roster but I don't think they have waranted a spot yet, there is still preseason though.

I wasn't able to watch the first 2 games. Good to know. I'll be trying to tune in today for the final tilt
Sep. 18, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: LordStanlersCup

Groshev has been good, but these rookie tournamanets aren't always worth reading too much into. I'm curious to see how much noise he makes in camp and early on in Syracuse.

Goncalves has been good -- 2 assists against the Canes and his game is quite subtle. Something like this is not going to jump out at you but he did this consistently with the Crunch last season and he looks to be picking up where he left off.

Five hole Finnish for Merela's second power-play goal in as many games. https://t.co/Dw0LOXuK2y pic.twitter.com/g0ydJ6jbmM

— Chris Krenn (@Chris_Krenn) September 16, 2023
Sep. 18, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Groshev has been good, but these rookie tournamanets aren't always worth reading too much into. I'm curious to see how much noise he makes in camp and early on in Syracuse.

Goncalves has been good -- 2 assists against the Canes and his game is quite subtle. Something like this is not going to jump out at you but he did this consistently with the Crunch last season and he looks to be picking up where he left off.

Five hole Finnish for Merela's second power-play goal in as many games. https://t.co/Dw0LOXuK2y pic.twitter.com/g0ydJ6jbmM

— Chris Krenn (Chris_Krenn) September 16, 2023

Yeah I don't think that goncalves or merela have done bad I just don't think they were as impactful as I would have liked, especially off the puck. But like you said, its not worth reading too much into these rookie tournaments.
Sep. 18, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
Got to catch the first period today while I got briefly rained out at work. I thought Gauthier looked good. Groshev was easily the most visible. Goncalves made some quiet solid plays. Thompson looked good. That's about all I took from the 20 minutes
Sep. 19, 2023 at 10:04 p.m.
Anyone feeling a 2017-18 Yanni Gourde-esc 25g season from Michael Essyimont?
Steven_Stamkos and imawesome liked this.
Sep. 19, 2023 at 10:36 p.m.
Anyone feeling a 2017-18 Yanni Gourde-esc 25g season from Michael Essyimont?

100%. My man boutta break out big time. I really hope he plays with Stammer and Cirelli. He's got very good offensive vision and creativity. He looked really good with Point and Kuch but Hagel will almost certainly be back with them so I'd like to see him on that second line. He's gonna log some good minutes I think. PK and 2nd PP
Sep. 26, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
Tuned in late tonight. Only caught the second and third period.

Few notes on some guys.

Wasn't paying much attention to Hugo tonight. Gave up a couple bad rebounds but the defensive play in front of him wasn't very focused.

Carlile moved the puck and skated well tonight. Wouldve like to see him drive the play a little bit more up the ice.

Goncalves' offensive vision was on full display. Several good plays made. Great puck protection and patience with the puck. Read the ice very well tonight. Orchestrated all of our offense tonight that wasn't from Cirelli or Hagel. Was always in the right place. He was hard on the fore check and didn't slack off defensively. He looked hungry to be a difference maker in the game

Not everything went Barre-Boulet's way tonight, but he played well I thought. His motor was going. Hard on the fore and back check. Good effort defensively. Couple takeaways. Attempted to block shots that you wouldn't even see most players try to block in the regular season. He looked hungry, even if every pass or play didn't connect or go his way. But he was in the mix offensively. Good patience from him too
Sep. 27, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I'm skeptical of Sheary and Johansson. Not sure they are what we needed.

I like Archibald and Glendenning though.

Way late but I think y'all will like Sheary. I expected him to get more, I think Tampa got a good discount on him.
Sep. 28, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
Could Groshev make the starting roster over ABB? They are both playing phenomenal and I kinda want both to make the team but I dont think there is any other player on the roster he would realistically knock off. TBH he kinda looks more deserving of a spot than Jeannot but JBB would never do that after what he paid for him. I think all that time in the KHL has made him stand out amongst our prospects so far. Very impressed they beat the Preds starters last night, great work ethic and motte did great on the PK. Side note, is Finley injured again? I didnt see him at the prospects showcase or either preseason games, also where is edmonds?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll