The most realistic Mock Draft you will see

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: TheRealisticGuy
Published: May 19, 2023 at 8:49 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obvious
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Obvious
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Obvious
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Either Will Smith or Matvei Michkov IMO they take the best player available and this is Michkov
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-MTL draft whoever falls to #5 between Will Smith & Matvei Michkov In my opinion, it's gonna be Will Smith
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-ARI are such in need of defenseman I think they will go dman in the first round
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Benson should be the pick here but PHI likes their power forward and Leonard isn't that a stretch at 7
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Dalibor Dvorsky was really good at the WJC-18 and I wouldn't be surprise a team reaches for him
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-DET get the 6th best player in this draft IMO but because of his seize, Benson drops a little bit
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-IMO St-Louis goes Center here and Oliver Moore is really good
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver hopes one of Reinbacher or Sandin Pellikka falls to 11, and I think Sandin Pellikka falls due to his seize
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI know I said ARI will be going dman, but I think Gulyayev & Simashev are too much of a reach here at 12th when there's a better player available. I think it's gonna be one of Sale or Perreault. I will go with the consensus here with Sale
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BUF needs dman as well, but they can't pass on a guy like Matthew Wood, big body who had a great WJC-18 & NCAA season
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Though call here between Colby Barlow & Gabe Perreault, but IMO PIT will go with the upside, so Perreault
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Though call here again between Colby Barlow & Nate Danielson, I think with the emergence of Cody Glass, Tomas Novak & Jusso Parssinen, I think they'll go winger
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Though call here between Brayden Yager & Nate Danielson, I think Yager ceiling is higher than Danielson, but Danielson has a better floor. CGY would go with the later one IMO
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersIMO Yager is the easy pick for me here, BPA
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Though call between Tom Willander & Lukas Dragicevic here. I think they will go with the safer pick & pick the rising Sweden defenseman
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningCHI needs offense and after drating Connor Bedard, they go with a player with good skills but will it translate well in the NHL ? Aiming for the upside with this pick
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Big Slovak forward, I didn't saw a lot of Honzek but he is around here in a lot of list. He got seize & we know GMs value that a lot
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Some guys are really high on Musty and so I'm I
22Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsStenberg was really good at the WJC-18 and I think he could fit well in Columbus
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Some are high on Heidt, others are low. I don't think he's a reach here at 23th
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNSH need to think for their future blueline (the after Josi/McDonagh), Simashev have top pairing upside IMO
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAfter drafting a center with their first pick, I expect St-Louis to go defenseman here
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsAfter drafting Matvei Michkov in my scenario, SJ goes Russian again and select the very talented Russian defenseman
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-COL need to replenish their Center depth & Ritchie fits the bill perfectly
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto always go forward in the first round since Rasmus Sandin in 2018, so I expect them to draft a forward. They seems to look for upside, so I wouldn't be surprise if they are the team reaching for Bradly Nadeau (great shot)
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersIf MTL is picking here, I think they will go with Ethan Gauthier, I am personally not a fan of Gauthier
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsSt-Louis still go defenseman here and they select the best LHD available
31Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas goes defense here and Oliver Bonk is a good pick IMO
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-CAR need some defense as well and Caden Price fits the bill perfectly
May 19, 2023 at 9:20 a.m.
go Sharks go
why don’t you like Gauthier
May 19, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
redwings_13_40
Overall I think this is pretty good!

I'm a Wings fan and don't think Benson or Yager will be on our radar because of Yzerman & Draper's profile preferences -- I also think Willander goes quite a bit higher.

Curious what you think of Daniil But who has huge variance in where he may go but is crazy talented. I think he's top-12 talent but lord knows where he ends up
TheRealisticGuy liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
mokumboi
Moore & Lindstein = fantastic, amazing, yes
Dragicevic =

65ba3b144434d6f9d97e360fc623a087.jpg
May 19, 2023 at 11:16 a.m.
SK
WPG says you were on to something. Jets need to get bigger, not smaller on D. For that reason, pass on Willander and look to players like Honzek up front and D like Simashev or even Dragicevic.
May 19, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
I totally get why people have Philly going Leonard at 7OA, but I really don't see it happening. They're overloaded with talented RW, and the 3 things they're lacking in are truly elite skill players, RHD and Centers, followed closely by a somewhat weak LW pool. Leonard solves none of that.

I'm 100% sticking with my guess that the Flyers are taking Sandin-Pelikka draft day
May 19, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
Habs4Ever
Quoting: SJSGM
why don’t you like Gauthier

I saw him in Sherbrooke a couple times, outside the PP he is invisible
He is a mix of Mike Hoffman & Jonathan Drouin
He got offensive tools but the rest is bad
May 19, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
Habs4Ever
Quoting: SKWPG
WPG says you were on to something. Jets need to get bigger, not smaller on D. For that reason, pass on Willander and look to players like Honzek up front and D like Simashev or even Dragicevic.

Willander is 6'1'' ...
May 19, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
SK
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
Willander is 6'1'' ...

The Jets need bigger D. MUCH bigger.
May 19, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Won't be happy if the habs take Gauthier over Bonk. Wouldn't consider him until pick 37.
May 19, 2023 at 6:58 p.m.
Habs4Ever
Quoting: HabsCanucks
Won't be happy if the habs take Gauthier over Bonk. Wouldn't consider him until pick 37.

I agree, but I think it’s a possibility
May 20, 2023 at 1:00 a.m.
Lamarcus Bowen
i really like this project but what about Halttunen?
May 20, 2023 at 9:26 a.m.
Bedard23
The Jets need bigger D. MUCH bigger.

Have you STILL not learned not to draft players based on size? Anyone who does that is just begging for trouble
May 23, 2023 at 11:58 a.m.
SK
Quoting: IconicHawk
Have you STILL not learned not to draft players based on size? Anyone who does that is just begging for trouble

Look at the 4 teams remaining. Size is critical. Having the odd little guy is fine, but the NHL is very hard on little guys. The Jets have a few little guys that keep getting targeted and destroyed. Both Ehlers and Perfetti have been injured a few times during the year. Perfetti missed a lot of the back half of the games and the entire playoffs and Ehlers missed playoff games as well, barely getting in, but not 100%. OH I'VE LEARNED. Your turn to learn.
May 23, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
Bedard23
Look at the 4 teams remaining. Size is critical. Having the odd little guy is fine, but the NHL is very hard on little guys. The Jets have a few little guys that keep getting targeted and destroyed. Both Ehlers and Perfetti have been injured a few times during the year. Perfetti missed a lot of the back half of the games and the entire playoffs and Ehlers missed playoff games as well, barely getting in, but not 100%. OH I'VE LEARNED. Your turn to learn.

I enjoy the fact that you don’t know that Tampa won back to back cups with nobody taller then 6”3

The 2015 hawks had one guy over 6”3

I’m not saying taller guys are bad, like you still need some big boys to do anything, but drafting solely based on that is usually a recipe for disaster

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll