SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2023 NHL Draft With Descriptions June 8th Top 20

2023 NHL Draft With Descriptions June 8th Top 20

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: DevilsFanZack13
Published: Jun. 8, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
Description
Let me know what you guys think of this top 20. I will another 12 picks in the next couple of days. These picks are just my guesses of where I could see players going.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Generational potential. Don't really need to say anything about Bedard.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I think after everything that Fantilli did in the NCAA, World Juniors and World Championship has shown everyone he is the 2nd best player in this draft. He's got the size, skill, compete, shot, you name it. I know Anaheim lost the draft lottery to not draft Bedard, but Fantilli is a great consolation prize.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-If MIchkov wasn't signed in the KHL through the 25/26 I could see Columbus drafting him. But with that said, Carlsson and MIchkov are probably on the same tier of potential. Carlsson just happens to play center, has great size and has put up pretty good numbers playing against men this year. Great add by the Blue Jackets to go along with Gaudreau, Laine, Johnson and Marchenko.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-At the beginning of the season, I never even heard of Will Smith ( besides the actor ). This guy has just climbed everyone's charts and looks like he can be a true #1 center in the NHL. Besides Eklund I don't think San Jose has a player like Smith in their system. Will Smith, welcome to San Jose.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-We have a trade. Montreal trades pick #5 in the 2023 draft to Washington, in exchange for pick #8 in the 2023 NHL draft and pick #40 in this years draft. The Washington Capitals are proud to select Matvei Michkov.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-I know that Benson is on the smaller side, but his skill is unbelievable and would be a great addition to that forward group of the future with Cooley and Geekie.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Even though there's still lots of good forwards available, I see drafting defenseman David Reinbacher. He plays a great 2-way game and could be a top blue liner that Philly definitely needs.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-After acquiring this pick from Washington, Montreal selects center Dalibor Dvorsky. Can't go wrong with adding a big center that has the potential to be a top 6 center in the NHL. There's no rush for him to be in the NHL, so Montreal can let him develop either in Slovakia or in the AHL.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I know Detroit has Larkin and Kasper going forward, but I'm not sure if Kasper will be a top 6 center in the NHL. That is why they draft Moore to add to the mix and depth in center going forward.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-If Sandin Pellikka is still available at pick 10, I could see St. Louis grabbing him. Sandin Pellikka could be the 1st defenseman taken because he has the talent and some draft analysts have him going anywhere between 6-12.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-With Vancouver needing top 4 potential defensemen, they draft local boy Lukas Dragicevic. I know there's still lots of good forwards in the draft, Vancouver can score and they got some good forward prospects.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsArizona is having another solid draft. Grabbing Benson with pick 6 and now grabbing Matthew Wood. I think they grab their forwards early and either draft a defenseman later, or make a trade in the draft for one.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-I feel at this point of the draft Buffalo takes the BPA. It could be Yager or they could go with Barlow, both solid options. Just another top forward prospect going to Buffalo.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-We have a trade. Pittsburgh trades pick #14 in the 2023 NHL Draft to Chicago for picks #19 and #35. Chicago drafts forward Colby Barlow.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-With Barry Trotz being the new GM in Nashville, his first pick will be a defenseman Mikhail Gulyayev. Nashville once again is getting another good defenseman in the draft like they have been since day 1. With Kemell, Svechkov, Askarov, L'Heureux and Evangelista in the system, they go for a defenseman.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary runs to the stage to draft Ryan Leonard with pick #16. If he's still there, Calgary easily gets a steal.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersWe have a trade. Detroit trades pick #17 and pick #43 in the 2023 NHL Draft to Ottawa in exchange for forward Alex Debrincat. Ottawa selects forward Eduard Sale.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets at this point also go with the best player available which is Cristall.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningAfter acquiring this pick from Chicago, Kyle Dubas with his first pick with Pittsburgh will draft forward Calum Ritchie.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-At this point of the draft, there's better forward prospects as opposed to defenseman, so Seattle will select forward Quentin Musty. He will need some time to develop in the AHL but he could be a solid top 6 winger for Seattle in a couple of seasons. Could be a winger for 1 of Beniers or Wright.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
mokumboi
Well, I highly doubt the Blues take ASP, and I certainly can't imagine Dragicevic going 11th.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
Joe
You may not be sold on Kasper @ 2C but I sure am.
Yzerman probably is too.
Duggysdanglers and aedoran liked this.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 8:34 p.m.
CoachQ
Not sure if I'm the Hawks if I give up #35 to move up 5 spots, maybe #51 or #55, but I really don't know. Could be quite a few trades being made. If Davidson sees someone he really likes at #14, he could take an offer like that.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:07 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: mokumboi
Well, I highly doubt the Blues take ASP, and I certainly can't imagine Dragicevic going 11th.

If ASP was one extra inch. Would you then pick him?
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:11 p.m.

ASP is a solid pick anywhere from #6 and after.
Totally agree that Dragicevic does not go there at all. Sub in Willander potentially at that spot but it’s still high. Vancouver needs everything so BPA is the only way.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:15 p.m.
How does Yager and Dragecvic go higher than Gabe Perreault?? He should go in the top 15 easily if not the top ten.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:29 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: IconicHawk
If ASP was one extra inch. Would you then pick him?

I'm more interested in two-way guys. Some other Blues fans might disagree. But the weight is at least as big a concern as the height, if not more so.
Jun. 8, 2023 at 10:33 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
ASP is a solid pick anywhere from #6 and after.
Totally agree that Dragicevic does not go there at all. Sub in Willander potentially at that spot but it’s still high. Vancouver needs everything so BPA is the only way.

For some teams, I'm sure ASP is a great pick, though I definitely think taking him higher than the top 10 is a reach. The Blues have too many small offensive minded, defensively suspect guys as is. It's not really their preference.

In this particular scenario, I'd guess they'd probably grab Leonard, or even Danielson. Maaaybe Willander, but probably not.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 12:30 a.m.
For some teams, I'm sure ASP is a great pick, though I definitely think taking him higher than the top 10 is a reach. The Blues have too many small offensive minded, defensively suspect guys as is. It's not really their preference.

In this particular scenario, I'd guess they'd probably grab Leonard, or even Danielson. Maaaybe Willander, but probably not.

Fair enough. He is a steady play driver which I think we will see much more of next 1-2 years. Only 1 apple at the U20 WJC does not help him out here. U18s were far better. The Blues really veered away from what won them a Cup when they acquired Faulk and Krug. Really surprised me a lot. Faulk signing meant they could not keep Pietrangelo. Unless he was leaving regardless.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 12:42 a.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
You may not be sold on Kasper 2C but I sure am.
Yzerman probably is too.

Leonard over Moore
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:11 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Fair enough. He is a steady play driver which I think we will see much more of next 1-2 years. Only 1 apple at the U20 WJC does not help him out here. U18s were far better. The Blues really veered away from what won them a Cup when they acquired Faulk and Krug. Really surprised me a lot. Faulk signing meant they could not keep Pietrangelo. Unless he was leaving regardless.

Faulk had nothing to do with Petro leaving, that was because Army wouldn't give him an NMC. And he's been excellent.

Krug was an overreaction. They should have just moved Dunn up.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:27 a.m.
Lets go Preds
Apparently you have heard trotz give any interviews. He’s looking for offense, hired an offensive mind coach. No way they take a defenseman at 15
Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:36 a.m.
Faulk had nothing to do with Petro leaving, that was because Army wouldn't give him an NMC. And he's been excellent.

Krug was an overreaction. They should have just moved Dunn up.

Totally agree with you on Krug. I figured giving Faulk that money meant there was no loot for AP that’s all. It’ll look pretty rotten if AP wins another Cup next week. I was pretty surprised when he left.
Jun. 9, 2023 at 5:22 a.m.
I don't see the Canucks picking an offensive defenceman who's still learning the defensive side of the game. Their top two defencemen are both offensively-minded guys already, so they should be looking for someone who can play a solid defensive game, while having the skill to complement an elite offensive defenceman (Reinbacher, Willander, Simashev)
mokumboi liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll