M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Danny B is here
Flyers accept
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:03 p.m.
That's too much. Roslovic + Peeke + extras is a wild return for a middle six C.

Ryan Johansen at $4 million per year for 2 years was just traded for free. He was injured at the end of the season, but he was also better defensively and great at faceoffs. He scored fewer points but created more offense.
Friendly_Cannon and DDossett liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
This seems counterproductive for Columbus. Might as well just keep Roslovic.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
A-toad-a-so
Quoting: pocke

Ryan Johansen at $4 million per year for 2 years was just traded for free. He was injured at the end of the season, but he was also better defensively and great at faceoffs. He scored fewer points but created more offense.

I just saw the RyJo trade after I posted this. That’s crazy.

So by that value Hayes is probably going to be 50% retained and might return a 4th.
pocke liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:09 p.m.

Quoting: Prison_Goalie_Rick
I just saw the RyJo trade after I posted this. That’s crazy.

So by that value Hayes is probably going to be 50% retained and might return a 4th.

PHI doesn't have to copy NSH.

I think CBJ should target Lindholm or Scheifele.
Prison_Goalie_Rick liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:12 p.m.
Quoting: GMBL

Sure. But NHL deals often form markets.

The marketplace has, thus far, determined that overpaid centers who aren't part of the future of their respective teams aren't worth much. You would have to prove that Hayes is worth a departure from the previously established standard.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.

I think CBJ should target Lindholm or Scheifele.

But the market is set. I don’t see Columbus taking on a higher cap hit for longer and trading more assets for a worse(or equally skilled player)
Jun. 24, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
Edited Jun. 24, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
Sure. But NHL deals often form markets.

The marketplace has, thus far, determined that overpaid centers who aren't part of the future of their respective teams aren't worth much. You would have to prove that Hayes is worth a departure from the previously established standard.

Quoting: The_Cannon
But the market is set. I don’t see Columbus taking on a higher cap hit for longer and trading more assets for a worse(or equally skilled player)

The market is set for cap dumps, not for players who you are trying to get assets for. Teams looking to dump big contracts, especially multi-year deals just got screwed probably.

I don't think PHI is trying to cap dump anyone, they are doing a to the studs rebuild. Maybe, now they might get less of a return for Hayes than they maybe could have (for example two 2nds+a 4th instead of a 1st+), but he's definitely going for a lot more than Johansen did. At the end of the day though, need to reach the cap floor and they have other assets they are trying to offload. If they get a 1st+ for Laughton, I doubt they settle for less on Hayes especially with retention.

NSH is in a retool, I think, so perhaps they plan to weaponize that 4M freed up (I wonder how much they would ask to take on Josh Bailey) or they already have a move lined up (maybe DeBrincat trade or taking Yamamoto as a cap dump, or Garland or Granlund or Boeser).

Imo Hayes would be a mistake for CBJ, they already have 2 guys on the team and might get a 3rd that could be the future 1C, so I think getting a proper 1C rental is the move (if it works out they can try extending him, if not they part ways) or getting a middle 6 center like Compher and playing him higher than he should, maybe he becomes the new Hayes.

I think if they wait they could get a good deal on a proper 1C, that mainly costs them spare parts more or less, like Sillinger+Peeke+a mid pick.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 2:04 p.m.
The market is set for cap dumps, not for players who you are trying to get assets for.

I don't think PHI is trying to cap dump anyone, they are doing a to the studs rebuild. Maybe, now they might get less of a return for Hayes than they maybe could have (for example two 2nds+a 4th instead of a 1st+), but he's definitely going for a lot more than Johansen did. At the end of the day though, need to reach the cap floor and they have other assets they are trying to offload. If they get a 1st+ for Laughton, I doubt they settle for less on Hayes especially with retention.

NSH is in a retool, I think, so perhaps they plan to weaponize that 4M freed up or they already have a move lined up (maybe DeBrincat trade or taking Yamamoto as a cap dump).

One element that Hayes has that ryjo didn’t is that Hayes wants out and the team wants him gone too. I don’t disagree he will probably get more than ryjo did but he will not get 2 seconds. Nashville and Philly are actually in very comparable situation. Both teams have a mix of young and old players and both teams need to reset their rosters. Laughton is also a player teams covet. He has that “hard nosed” and workers mentality that gm and coaches love. It will be extremely interesting to see what Philly does in the next eeek or so.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 2:14 p.m.
One element that Hayes has that ryjo didn’t is that Hayes wants out and the team wants him gone too. I don’t disagree he will probably get more than ryjo did but he will not get 2 seconds. Nashville and Philly are actually in very comparable situation. Both teams have a mix of young and old players and both teams need to reset their rosters. Laughton is also a player teams covet. He has that “hard nosed” and workers mentality that gm and coaches love. It will be extremely interesting to see what Philly does in the next eeek or so.

Yeah, both teams have similarities but I think PHI is going to be like Chicago and NSH more like STL.

Idk how much Hayes will fetch, could just be Peeke for all I know. I'm guessing he goes to highest bidder (he also has a M-NTC).

I'm just saying the deal needs to make sense for PHI, and RJo getting cap dumped has more of an effect in terms of one less suitor than the cost of acquisition. I know it was just an exaggeration but a 4th isn't worth it.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 2:25 p.m.
Yeah, both teams have similarities but I think PHI is going to be like Chicago and NSH more like STL.

Idk how much Hayes will fetch, could just be Peeke for all I know. I'm guessing he goes to highest bidder (he also has a M-NTC).

I'm just saying the deal needs to make sense for PHI, and RJo getting cap dumped has more of an effect in terms of one less suitor than the cost of acquisition. I know it was just an exaggeration but a 4th isn't worth it.

I like the comparisons to Chicago and St. Louis and I think both make sense. But in that senario Philly needs to suck and in a hurry. So getting rid of an old, point producing center who will only hurt the draft chances for Philly would be advantageous. (I’m not saying for nothing here, just saying he’s gotta go)
If he was a great mentor or was happy helping the team through a rebuild there would be a completely different story. But both sides have agreed it is best that they move on.
I could see a peeke for Hayes at 3.1 retained working. Philly gets a youngish right shot defensive defender who they could easily flip again if they wanted to and Columbus gets their center who can help them stop gap the 3oa pick, sillinger, kj and keep jenners minutes lower.

I’m not worried about the M-NTC he has as he has asked out already and his best friend is playing for the team.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
The market is set for cap dumps, not for players who you are trying to get assets for. Teams looking to dump big contracts, especially multi-year deals just got screwed probably.

NSH is in a retool, I think, so perhaps they plan to weaponize that 4M freed up (I wonder how much they would ask to take on Josh Bailey) or they already have a move lined up (maybe DeBrincat trade or taking Yamamoto as a cap dump, or Garland or Granlund or Boeser).

Imo Hayes would be a mistake for CBJ, they already have 2 guys on the team and might get a 3rd that could be the future 1C, so I think getting a proper 1C rental is the move (if it works out they can try extending him, if not they part ways) or getting a middle 6 center like Compher and playing him higher than he should, maybe he becomes the new Hayes.

I think if they wait they could get a good deal on a proper 1C, that mainly costs them spare parts more or less, like Sillinger+Peeke+a mid pick.

All rumors that we have seen suggests Hayes is exactly a player that Philly wants to move on from. Rumors, with the previous GM, was that he was being acquired for "nothing major". 1st+ or 2 2nds definitely qualify as major. Hayes is a toxic asset because he's a W/C who is paid $7 million, is 31 and who Torts has been vocal about moving. Philly is not going to get paid to retain Kevin Hayes, they are retaining to open the marketplace.

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/1669770203691974669

The fact that being bought out is mentioned suggests there's a significantly depreciated market for Kevin Hayes. Colorado has proven that they'd rather have Johansen for free than give up whatever Philly is asking for Hayes.

CBJ isn't a bad destination for Hayes, he can play in the middle six as an offensive pivot for young wingers, but not at asset cost and he shouldn't be considered a 1C. Not for a single second round pick.

I am definitely not sure what you're on about when you're calling Cole Sillinger and Andrew Peeke spare parts.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
I like the comparisons to Chicago and St. Louis and I think both make sense. But in that senario Philly needs to suck and in a hurry. So getting rid of an old, point producing center who will only hurt the draft chances for Philly would be advantageous. (I’m not saying for nothing here, just saying he’s gotta go)
If he was a great mentor or was happy helping the team through a rebuild there would be a completely different story. But both sides have agreed it is best that they move on.
I could see a peeke for Hayes at 3.1 retained working. Philly gets a youngish right shot defensive defender who they could easily flip again if they wanted to and Columbus gets their center who can help them stop gap the 3oa pick, sillinger, kj and keep jenners minutes lower.

I’m not worried about the M-NTC he has as he has asked out already and his best friend is playing for the team.

All rumors that we have seen suggests Hayes is exactly a player that Philly wants to move on from. Rumors, with the previous GM, was that he was being acquired for "nothing major". 1st+ or 2 2nds definitely qualify as major. Hayes is a toxic asset because he's a W/C who is paid $7 million, is 31 and who Torts has been vocal about moving. Philly is not going to get paid to retain Kevin Hayes, they are retaining to open the marketplace.

The fact that being bought out is mentioned suggests there's a significantly depreciated market for Kevin Hayes. Colorado has proven that they'd rather have Johansen for free than give up whatever Philly is asking for Hayes.

CBJ isn't a bad destination for Hayes, he can play in the middle six as an offensive pivot for young wingers, but not at asset cost and he shouldn't be considered a 1C. Not for a single second round pick.

I am definitely not sure what you're on about when you're calling Cole Sillinger and Andrew Peeke spare parts.

Sounds like Hayes is going to the Blues in a multi player deal. Guess a swap of unwanted contracts.

As for calling Sillinger and Peeke spare parts, I just meant players that are surplus.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 8:19 p.m.
Sounds like Hayes is going to the Blues in a multi player deal. Guess a swap of unwanted contracts.

As for calling Sillinger and Peeke spare parts, I just meant players that are surplus.

I missed that part earlier so I’ll piggyback on it now. Sillinger and peeke are in completely different categories. Peeke is surplus I will grant you.
Sillinger just turned 20 and still projects to be a 2c. He would not be available in a Hayes trade. Under any circumstance.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
I missed that part earlier so I’ll piggyback on it now. Sillinger and peeke are in completely different categories. Peeke is surplus I will grant you.
Sillinger just turned 20 and still projects to be a 2c. He would not be available in a Hayes trade. Under any circumstance.

Yeah, I just realized how young Sillinger was, after posting. For some reason, I thought he was older than Johnson by a couple of years like 22 or something.

Anyways, I think CBJ dodged a bullet there. Another option for them could be O'Reilly now if he doesn't re-sign in Toronto.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 8:31 p.m.
A-toad-a-so

I do think that Hayes and RyJo are in different situations because of the outlook each of their teams have. PHI is clearly rebuilding, so looking to take on bad contracts and get assets for anything they can. They shouldn’t be giving anything away. I do think it is going to force them to retain more than they wanted on Hayes though.

Andrew Peeke is absolutely spare parts. Love the guy, but you can pick someone up for under a mil to do what he does. He’s Gabon Bayreuther or Ben Harpur.

I’m still hoping Sillinger turns it around, and I think eventually he will because of his work ethic. However, there’s still a plenty hefty chance that he is nothing more than spare parts in 2-3 years also.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Prison_Goalie_Rick
I do think that Hayes and RyJo are in different situations because of the outlook each of their teams have. PHI is clearly rebuilding, so looking to take on bad contracts and get assets for anything they can. They shouldn’t be giving anything away. I do think it is going to force them to retain more than they wanted on Hayes though.

Andrew Peeke is absolutely spare parts. Love the guy, but you can pick someone up for under a mil to do what he does. He’s Gabon Bayreuther or Ben Harpur.

I’m still hoping Sillinger turns it around, and I think eventually he will because of his work ethic. However, there’s still a plenty hefty chance that he is nothing more than spare parts in 2-3 years also.

I am not really a fan of Peeke, but I don't think he's spare parts. He has demonstrated that he has the ability to play a role that is common on good teams. He's a low event defenseman who can eat big minutes and tread water defensively. He gives it all back offensively, but there's a time and place for that type of defenseman. See: Zach Bogosian, Erik Johnson, Jack Johnson on recent cup winners. He's not great and he'll need more experience but he's got plenty of time and his cap hit isn't unagreeable. He isn't a Jake Bean who, though talented, lacks the pure offense to be a PP1, lacks the puck moving to play higher in the lineup and lacks the physicality to play without those skills on a top team.

Cole Sillinger was rushed to the NHL but he's going to be fine. His skating will get better and then he'll be able to engage more in the physical game. Right now he's just way behind the play both mentally and physically. He's an off-puck shooter and that's all he'll ever be since he didn't get much development time. As soon as he plays with wings that can reliably get the puck into the o zone and into the middle of the ice for him( like Voracek, Bjorkstrand or Nyquist in his first year), he'll be respectable. I would expect him to follow the Lindholm trajectory. He'll probably be middling unless CBJ development staff is just really terrible.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Kevin Hayes 50% retained for a 2024 6th round pick
benjgc and GMBL liked this.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 2:12 p.m.
Kevin Hayes 50% retained for a 2024 6th round pick

@The_Cannon

Haha, yeah I just found this thread to say guess I was wrong. Although, perhaps Krug nixed a better deal but I'm guessing he was just being dumped for Krug/Scandella or whoever.
pocke liked this.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
The_Cannon

Haha, yeah I just found this thread to say guess I was wrong. Although, perhaps Krug nixed a better deal but I'm guessing he was just being dumped for Krug/Scandella or whoever.

The bigger deal I think would have looked much better for the flyers but it doesn’t surprise me that he got his little.

We’ve all been wrong before. I appreciate you owning up to it. Going to be a Fascinating off-season with many more false predictions for all of us.
GMBL liked this.
Jun. 27, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
The bigger deal I think would have looked much better for the flyers but it doesn’t surprise me that he got his little.

We’ve all been wrong before. I appreciate you owning up to it. Going to be a Fascinating off-season with many more false predictions for all of us.

Makes wonder what a Karlsson deal will look like.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll