Injury prone no value
    DET
      Overpaid 3rd liner. No trade value
      DET
        Would never be the centrepiece of a trade, too old and 1 year left
        DET
          Holy bust
          DET
            Decent stop gap for 1 year but not sure he’s worth anyone good in a trade unless he’s like the 3rd best piece
            DET
              Holy 1 hit wonder. At best a tandem goalie
              DET
                Best thing about him is his first name
                Buyouts
                Retained Salary Transactions
                DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the NYI
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the STL
                Logo of the VAN
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the MIN
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the BOS
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DAL
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the BOS
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the DET
                Logo of the STL
                ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
                10$83,500,000$29,384,722$0$3,350,000$54,115,278
                Left WingCentreRight Wing
                Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
                $8,700,000$8,700,000
                C
                NTC
                UFA - 8
                $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
                RW, LW
                RFA - 1
                $1,460,000$1,460,000
                LW, C
                UFA - 1
                $918,333$918,333
                C
                RFA - 4
                $925,000$925,000
                RW, LW
                RFA - 1
                $762,500$762,500
                C, RW
                UFA - 1
                Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
                $4,750,000$4,750,000
                LD/RD
                M-NTC
                UFA - 3
                $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
                RD
                RFA - 1
                $3,400,000$3,400,000
                LD
                M-NTC
                UFA - 3
                $3,000,000$3,000,000
                LD
                UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
                • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
                Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
                Let it be, Lance. Let them be ignorant.

It's not really ignorance. What's the point of ever trading if the optimal solution is building strictly internally? You get your star players from the draft, and fill the complementary pieces from FA/Trade. All rebuilding teams eventually reach a point where they have surplus and are okay giving up a measure of it to help their team.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
                Joe
                Quoting: Wqrrior
                If you have 5 guys fighting for one spot, then 4 of them are going to suffer. That means wasted value and talent. It seems a lot more reasonable to me to use a small portion of a massive pool of talent to make some precision moves now that transition out of the rebuild than hoard it all and hope everyone turns out.

Konecny / Cat are almost perfect long term pieces for this roster. Far better than whatever small portion of the prospect pool given would turn out to be.

Think it's important to realize that some of the better pieces of our prospect pool, and many of the prospects Ottawa may target, solve what I believe to be the biggest hole from this team; physicality.

Soderblom, Mazur, Kasper; throw any of these guys in the line up and you'll get the 2nd most physical guy on the top-12 (Rasmussen being #1). Obviously, some fans won't be able to see below the surface and just think they're gonna be superb players. Thats at least the reason why I'm hesitant.

If you watched the Ottawa-Detroit games; it shows what I preach.
                AmeriCanadian liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
                Joe
                Quoting: csick
                If that’s the case then they shouldn’t be trading for Cat or Konecny or anyone at all. Just take a RD and F with your top 2 picks and keep going as if your window opens in 3 years

I don't think many people (who want to see long term success) would mind this.
                csick, AmeriCanadian and IDKtbh liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
                Think it's important to realize that some of the better pieces of our prospect pool, and many of the prospects Ottawa may target, solve what I believe to be the biggest hole from this team; physicality.

Soderblom, Mazur, Kasper; throw any of these guys in the line up and you'll get the 2nd most physical guy on the top-12 (Rasmussen being #1). Obviously, some fans won't be able to see below the surface and just think they're gonna be superb players. Thats at least the reason why I'm hesitant.

If you watched the Ottawa-Detroit games; it shows what I preach.

I am completely on the side of wings fans when it comes to trading pick 9, Kaspar or Raymond. But the next tier of players? The chances that their ceilings are above a Konency or Cat are pretty small. Giving up a pick 17 and a few other pieces seems like it would have only beneficial results for the wings both in the short term and long term.
                csick liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
                Joe
                It's not really ignorance. What's the point of ever trading if the optimal solution is building strictly internally? You get your star players from the draft, and fill the complementary pieces from FA/Trade. All rebuilding teams eventually reach a point where they have surplus and are okay giving up a measure of it to help their team.

This is more so a "every team has their fans that are frugal," type of ignorance, but whatever.
                IDKtbh liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
                Joe
                I am completely on the side of wings fans when it comes to trading pick 9, Kaspar or Raymond. But the next tier of players? The chances that their ceilings are above a Konency or Cat are pretty small. Giving up a pick 17 and a few other pieces seems like it would have only beneficial results for the wings both in the short term and long term.

I mean to Philly, it wouldn't hurt, but one thing I do not want to do is make Ottawa more physical (re: the two game back to back). You can have all of the talent in the world, but that's meaningless if you get thrown around physically and turtle.
                Wqrrior liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.
                This is more so a "every team has their fans that are frugal," type of ignorance, but whatever.

This is definitely true. Why its more noticeable is not everyone's young pool of talent wallet is as loaded as yours. So giving a 20 dollar bill when you have 200 shouldn't be harder than giving 20 when you have 50.
                JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:39 p.m.
                KFTW
                I mean to Philly, it wouldn't hurt, but one thing I do not want to do is make Ottawa more physical (re: the two game back to back). You can have all of the talent in the world, but that's meaningless if you get thrown around physically and turtle.

All I want is the team to fill the 2nd and 3rd line wings spots and get a goalie . And I’m not taking straight picks and betting on some ufas to sign in ottawa unless it a big overpay. That’s unrealistic
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.
                Joe
                All I want is the team to fill the 2nd and 3rd line wings spots and get a goalie . And I’m not taking straight picks and betting on some ufas to sign in ottawa unless it a big overpay. That’s unrealistic

That's fine. Just like how Ottawa doesn't want to bend completely to Detroit's needs, Detroit doesn't want to bend to Ottawa's.
                AmeriCanadian liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
                What happened man, I thought we were in a chill spot like 3 days ago, now all I see is you throwing shade and bashing Wings players... thought we were cool man frown
                csick liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
                Joe
                Quoting: AmeriCanadian
                What happened man, I thought we were in a chill spot like 3 days ago, now all I see is you throwing shade and bashing Wings players... thought we were cool man frown

What twitter does to a mfer
                IDKtbh liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
                If you have 5 guys fighting for one spot, then 4 of them are going to suffer. That means wasted value and talent. It seems a lot more reasonable to me to use a small portion of a massive pool of talent to make some precision moves now that transition out of the rebuild than hoard it all and hope everyone turns out. Especially when this rebuild has been going on for a decade now. The time has come to transition.

Konecny / Cat are almost perfect long term pieces for this roster. Far better than whatever small portion of the prospect pool given would turn out to be.

How did you turn this rebuild has only been going on for 4 years into a decade? We literally hired Yzerman just over 4 years ago. We have gone 7 years missing the playoffs. Considering the mess Holland left, I would say he only hit on 2 out of 28 pinks in his last 3 drafts. Not saying Rasmussen was a total miss, just not really a hit for his draft spot. Then there was all the bad contracts. We also haven't done anything other than stay put or move down in the draft lottery as well. 2017 we dropped from #7 - #9. 2018 from #5 - #6. 2019 #4 - #6. 2020 #1 - #4. 2021 we dropped from #5 - #6 from Seattle entering the league. Not overly bitter because there's nothing that can be done, just stating that we haven't been able to draft that top 3 player yet. How much different would this team look with Stutzle instead of Raymond cause that's who Yzerman has at #1 in 2020? Just things like that means we are going to have to wait just a bit longer. It will likely be a decade before we make playoffs again. Still not as long as Buffalo though lol.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.
                KFTW
                Quoting: AmeriCanadian

We are 😉 . You guys will be good I acc don’t think you guys should make a big acquisition. Just trade up for Sandin Pellikka or Willander and take Moore/Benson/Dvorsky with the 9th
                Wqrrior liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:47 p.m.
                If that’s the case then they shouldn’t be trading for Cat or Konecny or anyone at all. Just take a RD and F with your top 2 picks and keep going as if your window opens in 3 years

Honestly man that's what I've been saying and after Yzerman's presser, seems to be the plan. Obviously he has to inquire about players and if the price is right for Detroit absolutely.
                csick, IDKtbh and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
                We are 😉 . You guys will be good I acc don’t think you guys should make a big acquisition. Just trade up for Sandin Pellikka or Willander and take Moore/Benson/Dvorsky with the 9th

I would be all for that scenario. Willander being my target. Tough to find a partner though since Vancouver, Buffalo and Arizona all need RHD. I wouldn't hate taking him at 9 but just seems early but so did Seider at #6.
                csick and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
                KFTW
                Quoting: Lancebmx
                I would be all for that scenario. Willander being my target. Tough to find a partner though since Vancouver, Buffalo and Arizona all need RHD. I wouldn't hate taking him at 9 but just seems early but so did Seider at #6.

You could take a RD at 9 and some high potential forwards at 17, 41, 42 and 43
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
                You could take a RD at 9 and some high potential forwards at 17, 41, 42 and 43

I think that ends up being the plan unless someone drops that was expected to be gone like Leanord. Next draft is supposed to be heavy with good defencemen as well so maybe we take our two picks and grab them there? We also need another good goalie prospect and hope we grab one with our seconds.
                csick liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 4:57 p.m.
                KFTW
                I think that ends up being the plan unless someone drops that was expected to be gone like Leanord. Next draft is supposed to be heavy with good defencemen as well so maybe we take our two picks and grab them there? We also need another good goalie prospect and hope we grab one with our seconds.

Holy **** look at jfresh last tweet. Sounds like Boston are making a franchise altering trade. Impacts their 1st next year
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
                Holy **** look at jfresh last tweet. Sounds like Boston are making a franchise altering trade. Impacts their 1st next year

I don't have Twitter lol. Please elaborate for me though. I'm guessing Marchand out the door?
                csick liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.
                KFTW
                I don't have Twitter lol. Please elaborate for me though. I'm guessing Marchand out the door?

Nvm it was a bait tweet apparently they’re just trying to move into the top 2 rounds of the draft
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
                Stats Are For Losers

This is exactly what we should do. I am dreading the possibility that we trade for anyone not named Lindholm, Nylander or Connor.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:05 p.m.
                Nvm it was a bait tweet apparently they’re just trying to move into the top 2 rounds of the draft

That's why I don't do the Twitter lol. Get worked up for nothing. Too many people can say whatever with no consequence.
                csick liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 5:05 p.m.
                torontos finest
                uFOJ9UO.png
                csick and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 8:38 p.m.
                Quoting: GMBL
                That's true but I seem to remember him being considered a good pick up. I don't even see Detroit fans giving it to Veleno.

Sorry for the off topic Csick.

I mean, he was picked 30 and is a full time NHLer. He’s no star but he’s a decent young player.
                GMBL liked this.
                Jun. 25, 2023 at 9:08 p.m.
                Quoting: JhonnyCanuck5
                I mean, he was picked 30 and is a full time NHLer. He’s no star but he’s a decent young player.

Yeah, I guess no one was caught up in the hype of potentially landing the steal of the draft (but like Wqrrior suggested seems like scouting departments go it right to pass on him) . Interestingly enough though, a lot of the players from that draft who are full time NHLers are the defenseman, some are still looking to establish themselves as top 4 guys. The forward group does have guys who seem to be on the rise, so who knows maybe one of these guys could still become a top 6 player.
                JhonnyCanuck5 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
                Question:
                Options:
                Add Option
                Submit Poll