1$3,450,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Timmins, Conor
  2. 2026 6th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2026 5th round pick (ANA)
TOR
  1. Zadorov, Nikita ($1,000,000 retained)
CGY
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. 2026 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2026 4th round pick (ARI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,500,000$82,897,283$0$0$602,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,450,000$3,450,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:04 p.m.
Done deal!
TatarSauce69 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:05 p.m.
Murray can't go on LTIR he is healthy and able to play
palhal liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:06 p.m.
Quoting: Rodger11

I doubt it lmao
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:06 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I can't imagine TJ Brodie being worth less than Nick Robertson.

As the Anaheim GM, I'd give at least a fourth-round pick for him, and at least one year earlier (if not a 2024).
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:11 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I can't imagine TJ Brodie being worth less than Nick Robertson.

As the Anaheim GM, I'd give at least a fourth-round pick for him, and at least one year earlier (if not a 2024).

He’s worth around there he’s just rapidly declining and gets beat very easily. Anaheim is in need of a RD so I think he fits for a year to mentor drysdale and them. He will wanna compete but thes is just a rough trade
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:12 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Brodie doesn't waive to a non playoff team. No thanks on Savard or a 20 man roster. Murray can't be wished away.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:17 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Value is fine, but MTL aren’t giving a solid Veteran D in a pool of already amazing young D
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:31 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Rodger11

This is my favorite thing that Leafs fans do occasionally on here. Just throw him on LTIR and say he’s hurt when that’s literally 1. False and 2. Cheating lol.
Juice liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:36 p.m.
Savard would not fit Toronto's high pace style well, especially at the cost of loosing the far better player in Brodie (who is worth much more than a 5th).

Robertson despite his injuries is still worth more than a 4th too, probably a 2nd. No reason for Toronto to trade him as he's still waiver exempt too
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:37 p.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
This is my favorite thing that Leafs fans do occasionally on here. Just throw him on LTIR and say he’s hurt when that’s literally 1. False and 2. Cheating lol.

Quoting: GMDannyB

1. There are multiple reports the leafs are considering this a possibility.

2. Edmonton did this last season with Smith. He was cleared the last week of the season, played the playoffs then "retired" onto LTIR. Price and Weber both did the same. Just cause you are cleared at the end of one season doesn't means a team can't LTIR you the next year. Especially for a player like Murray who has nagging knee and back injuries.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: fangm

2. Edmonton did this last season with Smith. He was cleared the last week of the season, played the playoffs then "retired" onto LTIR. Price and Weber both did the same. Just cause you are cleared at the end of one season doesn't means a team can't LTIR you the next year. Especially for a player like Murray who has nagging knee and back injuries.

You cannot LTIR a healthy player. End of story. If he is fit to play he cannot be on LTIR. Just because you have a nagging injury doesn’t mean anything, if the injury is not acting up and he is healthy he cannot be on LTIR. Not sure how to make it more clear for you. Otherwise you could just say everyone in the league has a nagging toe injury or a nagging scratch on his back and LTIR them.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:57 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
If I'm the Leafs I wouldn't take any of those trades. Savard isn't very good, Brodie is better than Zadorov, and Robertson is still to young to punt on for a 4th.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 12:20 a.m.
Danny B is here
Tell that to Smith, Lupul, Weber, Robidas, Price.

None of them had "acting up" injuries. Al just had nagging injuries and their teams put them on LTIR.

You think Stone and Kucherov both has I injuries that magically healed right before the first game of the playoffs after "acting up" for months.

Grow up. I bet your the idiot who drives right under the speed limit. Never learnt to live in the real world.

First off I’ll just report you for the insults cause this is a hockey forum not for immaturity. Second off, the NHL will literally send in an independent doctor if questions are raised about the legitimacy of the player being injured. The Leafs are always under a microscope because of how big they are for the league. Just look at Lupul and Hossa as two recent examples, the NHL will look into it and because Toronto is right against the cap and Murray makes or breaks that number in many cases, the league will 100% be making sure that the Murray situation is correct because everyone will be questioning it if he is placed on LTIR.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 2:00 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Jul. 17, 2023 at 2:27 a.m.

Multiple reports from "sports pundits" who don't know how the rules work maybe.

Smith, Weber, Price, and your own boy Muzzin have conditions where if they continue to play, it will seriously deteriorate their quality of life until their dying day. Price can barely go up a flight of stairs his knees are so Fubar-ed. If Muzzin gets another head/neck injury, it could paralize him.

Unless doctors declare Murray has career ending injuries, AND he agreed to hang them up, he can't go on LTIRetired to fix the leafs cap problems. It's buyout, pay to dump his contract, or deal with the consequences of a Dubas era decision.
Jul. 18, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Multiple reports from "sports pundits" who don't know how the rules work maybe.

Smith, Weber, Price, and your own boy Muzzin have conditions where if they continue to play, it will seriously deteriorate their quality of life until their dying day. Price can barely go up a flight of stairs his knees are so Fubar-ed. If Muzzin gets another head/neck injury, it could paralize him.

Unless doctors declare Murray has career ending injuries, AND he agreed to hang them up, he can't go on LTIRetired to fix the leafs cap problems. It's buyout, pay to dump his contract, or deal with the consequences of a Dubas era decision.

Conveniently ignore someone like Lupul who literally started sharing evidence online that he wasn't injured but sat on LTIR
Jul. 18, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Conveniently ignore someone like Lupul who literally started sharing evidence online that he wasn't injured but sat on LTIR

You mean the sh*t he recanted?

“I responded earlier this week to some negative comments on Instagram,” Lupul wrote. “It was an inappropriate response, and I deleted it, but I take full responsibility. It’s been extremely tough not being able to play over the past 1.5 years. I will not be seeking a second opinion, but I hope one day to be able to get back on the ice. I apologize to the media, fans, Leafs organization, and most of all my teammates for this unneeded distraction.”

Ignoring the fact that it raised eyebrows then, six years ago, and the league is cracking down on it more every year?
Jul. 18, 2023 at 10:12 p.m.
You mean the sh*t he recanted?

“I responded earlier this week to some negative comments on Instagram,” Lupul wrote. “It was an inappropriate response, and I deleted it, but I take full responsibility. It’s been extremely tough not being able to play over the past 1.5 years. I will not be seeking a second opinion, but I hope one day to be able to get back on the ice. I apologize to the media, fans, Leafs organization, and most of all my teammates for this unneeded distraction.”

Ignoring the fact that it raised eyebrows then, six years ago, and the league is cracking down on it more every year?

Yea. The stuff that proves that if a team wants to LTIR you they can.
Jul. 18, 2023 at 10:24 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Yea. The stuff that proves that if a team wants to LTIR you they can.

Yeah man, that would explain why the next team he signed with after the leafs he had such a career resurgence with. Oh wait...... He didn't, did he? Must have been the multiple physicals he failed were actually because he had career ending injuries and he mouthed off like an idiot on social media, because hockey players never say dumb sh*t on social media.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:07 a.m.
Yeah man, that would explain why the next team he signed with after the leafs he had such a career resurgence with. Oh wait...... He didn't, did he? Must have been the multiple physicals he failed were actually because he had career ending injuries and he mouthed off like an idiot on social media, because hockey players never say dumb sh*t on social media.

Lol now Elliot Friedman is reporting that te Leafs internally have plans to put Murray on LTIR if they don't find a reasonable trade and can't afford the cap hit onf the buyout.

I guess now we are also gonna call the most respected analyst in the sport an idiot.

Some people man, not sure how you live. Sorry for being mean, life must be hard enough being you. Don't wanna make it worse.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
Lol now Elliot Friedman is reporting that te Leafs internally have plans to put Murray on LTIR if they don't find a reasonable trade and can't afford the cap hit onf the buyout.

I guess now we are also gonna call the most respected analyst in the sport an idiot.

Some people man, not sure how you live. Sorry for being mean, life must be hard enough being you. Don't wanna make it worse.

He's not wrong, though. You can't simply decide to LTIR someone...particularly for an entire season, unless

a) there's a legit, long-term injury (like Muzzin), or
b) the player is on board to "retire"..but happy to collect a paycheque and sit on LTIR and cooperates with team docs, etc. This is the Pronger, Zetterberg example.

Lupul had a bit of a nose-candy problem...so something tells me his agreement to stay away from the team had something to do with that....and when he stepped out of line, they must have held some threat over him to get him to shut up.

Murray is 29. It's possible he's okay going the Andrew Luck route...retiring early because he's frustrated trying to rehab from so many injuries...in which case him and the leafs may mutually agree to LTIR him so he can get paid and the leafs get the cap relief....and if Friedman is reporting it...there's a chance this could be a possibility.

But maybe there's also some sort of unwritten understanding...if the leafs want to LTIR him and he doesn't want to go because he thinks he can play...if he fights against his own team does he get black-balled next year as a UFA and so he is pressured to go along with it?

Hard to say how those back-room conversations go down...it's possible he wants to get back on the ice, either by Sept/Oct. or at some point during the season...which would require finding cap space for him. My understanding of the CBA says that if there's some sort of dispute in how healthy he is... whether that's the NHL questioning the doctors report or Murray himself believing he's healthy enough to play...and independent doctor will be assigned by the NHL.

So while I don't doubt the leafs are exploring the option of sending Murray to LTIR...there's a little bit of leg work and cooperation required.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: Juice
He's not wrong, though. You can't simply decide to LTIR someone...particularly for an entire season, unless

a) there's a legit, long-term injury (like Muzzin), or
b) the player is on board to "retire"..but happy to collect a paycheque and sit on LTIR and cooperates with team docs, etc. This is the Pronger, Zetterberg example.

Lupul had a bit of a nose-candy problem...so something tells me his agreement to stay away from the team had something to do with that....and when he stepped out of line, they must have held some threat over him to get him to shut up.

Murray is 29. It's possible he's okay going the Andrew Luck route...retiring early because he's frustrated trying to rehab from so many injuries...in which case him and the leafs may mutually agree to LTIR him so he can get paid and the leafs get the cap relief....and if Friedman is reporting it...there's a chance this could be a possibility.

But maybe there's also some sort of unwritten understanding...if the leafs want to LTIR him and he doesn't want to go because he thinks he can play...if he fights against his own team does he get black-balled next year as a UFA and so he is pressured to go along with it?

Hard to say how those back-room conversations go down...it's possible he wants to get back on the ice, either by Sept/Oct. or at some point during the season...which would require finding cap space for him. My understanding of the CBA says that if there's some sort of dispute in how healthy he is... whether that's the NHL questioning the doctors report or Murray himself believing he's healthy enough to play...and independent doctor will be assigned by the NHL.

So while I don't doubt the leafs are exploring the option of sending Murray to LTIR...there's a little bit of leg work and cooperation required.

100%.

This is very well put.

My point all along was that for the most part of a team wants to LTIR someone like Murray they tend to be able to do it even if it's not a black and white case.

The entire reason Murray's value is so low is his chronic injuries. He was actually above league average when he played last year.

Generally in those circumstances with the chronic injury whether or not it's acting up, teams have been able to get away with some backroom deal to get players onto LTIR.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll