SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Carolina Hurricanes signed Anthony Deangelo (1 Year / $1,675,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 26, 2023 at 1:15 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Quoting: Brian2016
I vividly remember that phony outrage when the K'Andre Miller hoax was perpetrated. But I don't think he was targeted for being conservative, per se. I'm sure the great majority of hockey players lean conservative, if they have any political ideology at all. I think he was targeted here and elsewhere for spending a little too much time on social media looking for trouble. But that's not what got him waived.

All I remember is seeing that he said something about Trump or a Republican candidate and him being slandered shortly thereafter, and also losing his job in a way that was weird. Someone else mentioned the team not wanting him to report to the AHL team... this is what I mean; he was excommunicated from the NHL. Actually, before Carolina signed him after the buyout, people were openly questioning if he could still be good.

Lol.

But yeah, I saw some stuff from his teammates talking about him, and seeing that he would volunteer his time at a local ice rink, and it made me realize that he's a good dude who was getting blasted by the media unfairly.

Clearly that bias lingers to this day.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 1:19 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
This only makes sense if you consider "being racist" a political belief.

I don't think this guy is racist but hey, let's hear what he actually said? Or just assume something about a person without actually knowing?
Jul. 26, 2023 at 8:36 a.m.
Kansler
Quoting: vmark
I don't think this guy is racist but hey, let's hear what he actually said? Or just assume something about a person without actually knowing?

At a 3M discount.... if he aint no pedobear or a rapist.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
torontos finest
But yeah, I saw some stuff from his teammates talking about him, and seeing that he would volunteer his time at a local ice rink, and it made me realize that he's a good dude who was getting blasted by the media unfairly.

I have a bridge to sell you.
CSStrowbridge liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Oh we will. I'm going to post something about it in the Pens area of the site, he's as good as ours

Not sure if I quite like it exactly but as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, we’ll be good
Jul. 26, 2023 at 5:19 p.m.

He was suspended in junior for saying racist slurs, but sure, defend the guy. That won't make you look bad.
harry_wagstaff liked this.
Jul. 26, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
All I remember is seeing that he said something about Trump or a Republican candidate and him being slandered shortly thereafter...

There's nothing quite as powerful and the conservative victim complex.
seanrushton and harry_wagstaff liked this.
Jul. 27, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Quoting: Missouri
Not sure if I quite like it exactly but as long as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, we’ll be good

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/748128

check it out. this is basically how it happens
Missouri liked this.
Jul. 27, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
IG vincemark78
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He was suspended in junior for saying racist slurs, but sure, defend the guy. That won't make you look bad.

lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit