SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Which team fall off was the most surprising?

Which team that had suddenly fallen off a cliff was the most surprising?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 25, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.
ALL HAIL KING LOUI
2019-20 San Jose Sharks are the most surprising to me. Yes they lost Pavelski, but I figured that Meier and Labanc would score more with elevated responsibilities and Goodrow/Gambrell/Gregor would step it up in the bottom 6. I remembered they looked awful to start, things got a little better in November, but they never recovered and were inconsistent and finished last in the Pacific. It didn't help that both Couture and Hertl got hurt for extended periods of time and 40 year old Joe Thornton was suddenly their 1C.
Sep. 25, 2023 at 3:23 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: editor9999
2019-20 San Jose Sharks are the most surprising to me. Yes they lost Pavelski, but I figured that Meier and Labanc would score more with elevated responsibilities and Goodrow/Gambrell/Gregor would step it up in the bottom 6. I remembered they looked awful to start, things got a little better in November, but they never recovered and were inconsistent and finished last in the Pacific. It didn't help that both Couture and Hertl got hurt for extended periods of time and 40 year old Joe Thornton was suddenly their 1C.

I have to agree with you, the ducks I kind of saw coming because their main duo (Getzlaf and Perry) was getting up there in age

Montreal: We knew that it was going to happen, we just didn’t know whether it would be that year or the next

Chicago: Let’s face it I knew it was going to happen very soon, all the signs were there (back to back early exits in 2016 and 2017, an aging big 4 and lack of depth)
Sep. 25, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
I have to agree with you, the ducks I kind of saw coming because their main duo (Getzlaf and Perry) was getting up there in age

Montreal: We knew that it was going to happen, we just didn’t know whether it would be that year or the next

Chicago: Let’s face it I knew it was going to happen very soon, all the signs were there (back to back early exits in 2016 and 2017, an aging big 4 and lack of depth)

Even then, Montreal wasn't supposed to fall all the way down to last in the league and be garbage, the drop off was much worse than expected
Pompadour_de_Armstrong, capsfan2121, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 25, 2023 at 8:55 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Finals to 1st OA is pretty bad regardless. Bergy had a horrible offseason that year
Sep. 26, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'd say the Habs. I still can't believe they went from the finals to last in the league.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit