SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Hani to NJ

Created by: Real_MC_Hockey
Published: Oct. 21, 2023 at 2:45 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 180/192 (94%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hanifin, NoahCalgary FlamesNHL18%$4,059,000011---4044--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Bastian, NathanNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$1,350,000011---2000--
Bahl, KevinNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$1,050,000011---3000--
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$0224564369
Change$1,659,000111010
Final$1,659,000 (↑)23 (↑)46 (↑)65 (↑)37 (↑)90-4-4

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Bastian, NathanNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$1,265,625011---2000--
Bahl, KevinNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$984,375011---3000--
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Hanifin, NoahCalgary FlamesNHL18%$3,805,312011---4044--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,745,7042343653511
Change-$1,555,312-1-1-10-10
Final$190,392 (↓)22 (↓)42 (↓)64 (↓)34 (↓)11044
Oct. 21, 2023 at 2:48 a.m.
Harkey is HERE
Why? Hanifin gets wish to play in USA and NJ defense improves. Flames get 2 large players with good potential, Bastian is versatile and Bahl is a big D to play pairing 2 or 3. Plus Flames get another draft choice.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 3:41 a.m.
Quoting: Real_MC_Hockey
Why? Hanifin gets wish to play in USA and NJ defense improves. Flames get 2 large players with good potential, Bastian is versatile and Bahl is a big D to play pairing 2 or 3. Plus Flames get another draft choice.

It all depends on what other offers come in, if Hanifin does force Conroy's hand..

Right now, Hanifin is vital to Calgary's game with his breakouts, passing, general offensive D-man stuff.. Bahl would bring a small fraction of that, at least now. It would mean defeat for the Flames this year unless they replaced what he brings with someone else.
MoxNix and ldinkel98 liked this.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 3:48 a.m.
Quoting: Augustus
It all depends on what other offers come in, if Hanifin does force Conroy's hand..

Right now, Hanifin is vital to Calgary's game with his breakouts, passing, general offensive D-man stuff.. Bahl would bring a small fraction of that, at least now. It would mean defeat for the Flames this year unless they replaced what he brings with someone else.

Plus, Hanifin's re-sign price might be too steep for New Jersey, he would possibly be a rental.. what were you envisioning there?
Real_MC_Hockey liked this.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 4:05 a.m.
No thanks, Devils need a RHD. Devils losing to much size after all last season ppl saying they are too small and not physical. PS move on from the same ole trades. We gotta stop being inlove with Hanifin to NJ
Oct. 21, 2023 at 7:11 a.m.
Calgary can get better than a 4th line forward a bottom pair D and a 3rd for Hanifin. Yeah they're both big guys and the Flames could use more size but they have marginal skill.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Quoting: MoxNix
Calgary can get better than a 4th line forward a bottom pair D and a 3rd for Hanifin. Yeah they're both big guys and the Flames could use more size but they have marginal skill.

Bahl has been playing on the second pair, and Bastian has high end defensive impact.
Real_MC_Hockey and dgibb10 liked this.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
Harkey is HERE
Quoting: TyeZerker
No thanks, Devils need a RHD. Devils losing to much size after all last season ppl saying they are too small and not physical. PS move on from the same ole trades. We gotta stop being inlove with Hanifin to NJ

After Hamilton and maybe Luke Hughes, your defence is just “meh”…Seigenthaler may not be that good like last year, and rest are mid. Hanifin would be a clear upgrade on left D.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
Harkey is HERE
Quoting: Augustus
Plus, Hanifin's re-sign price might be too steep for New Jersey, he would possibly be a rental.. what were you envisioning there?

I would envision Hanifin on top pair possibly and they would want to re-sign him at up to $7M per year. He’s an upgrade there despite what NJD fanboys think!
Oct. 21, 2023 at 2:25 p.m.
Harkey is HERE
Quoting: MoxNix

I think both players have major upside if coached well and given gradual opportunities to get more ice time. You can’t teach size also!
Oct. 21, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
After Hamilton and maybe Luke Hughes, your defence is just “meh”…Seigenthaler may not be that good like last year, and rest are mid. Hanifin would be a clear upgrade on left D.

Siegs and Marino are both high quality top 4 dmen.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I would envision Hanifin on top pair possibly and they would want to re-sign him at up to $7M per year. He’s an upgrade there despite what NJD fanboys think!

The devils have ZERO interest in Hanafin on the top pair or at 7 mill long term.

Hughes, Nemec, Hamilton are all better long term and Hughes will need a new contract.

Siegs provides everything we need at 3.4. Marino also provides more value at 4.4.

Long term we're not paying 7 mill for a guy to play 2LD, with 0PP time and PK2 at best. If we wanted that we'd have just resigned Severson
Oct. 21, 2023 at 7:50 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10

Ok.... let's not get ahead of ourselves... they are fine, maybe solid; but not "high quality".... they are middle of the pack 2D at best
MoxNix liked this.
Oct. 21, 2023 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: TyeZerker

Do you think NJD should be involved in any trade talk???? Because most of your posts are just shooting down improving your goalie or your D....
Oct. 21, 2023 at 7:58 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: penguinswin
Ok.... let's not get ahead of ourselves... they are fine, maybe solid; but not "high quality".... they are middle of the pack 2D at best

Both would be on the top 4 of virtually every team in the NHL
Oct. 21, 2023 at 10:02 p.m.
Both would be on the top 4 of virtually every team in the NHL

Not BOS, BUF, WPG, TBL, STL, VGK, CBJ, PIT, FLA (when fully healthy), CGY, and maybe MIN..... like I said, average for the second pair D
MoxNix liked this.
Oct. 22, 2023 at 2:36 a.m.
Harkey is HERE

your buddy “Siegs” had one good season, he’s not young and Marino is reputedly “all over the place” and that’s why both are not with their original teams. They are meh at best and others agree with me.
Oct. 22, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
your buddy “Siegs” had one good season, he’s not young and Marino is reputedly “all over the place” and that’s why both are not with their original teams. They are meh at best and others agree with me.

Siegs has been a top defensive dman since 2019. The devils fleeced the pens out of marino lmao.
Oct. 22, 2023 at 2:25 p.m.
Siegs has been a top defensive dman since 2019. The devils fleeced the pens out of marino lmao.

PIT needed the cap space, and he was bouncing between 2D, 3D and the is box the year before he was traded. Glad he is doing well, but that was hardly a "fleecing"
Oct. 22, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
PIT needed the cap space, and he was bouncing between 2D, 3D and the is box the year before he was traded. Glad he is doing well, but that was hardly a "fleecing"

Bro is in heavy copium that you got fleeced on the Matheson and Marino trades and that probably destroyed the last of your championship window. You literally signed the guy riding marino's coattails playing the less valuable side for more money, are paying Karlsson 10 mill until he's 27, and gave up multiple firsts to be probably worse off than you would if you just kept matheson and Marino
Oct. 22, 2023 at 7:19 p.m.
Bro is in heavy copium that you got fleeced on the Matheson and Marino trades and that probably destroyed the last of your championship window. You literally signed the guy riding marino's coattails playing the less valuable side for more money, are paying Karlsson 10 mill until he's 27, and gave up multiple firsts to be probably worse off than you would if you just kept matheson and Marino

Wow....I am hoping autocorrect just got the best of you? Or please let us all know what illicit substances you are using for context...

That said, Hextall probably ruined whatever realistic window PIT had. Dubas is trying to fix the mess left behind and contend as well as possible for the end of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang Era. Will it work? Probably not, but I will gladly take Karlsson for now, considering we dumped out Petry, Ruuta, Desmith, and Granlund in the process.

And no, Matheson and Marino would not have made PIT any better than we were... which is why it was not a fleecing - just a cap move
Oct. 22, 2023 at 7:58 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Not BOS, BUF, WPG, TBL, STL, VGK, CBJ, PIT, FLA (when fully healthy), CGY, and maybe MIN..... like I said, average for the second pair D

Siegs>Samuellson. Marino>Clifton, Both>every winnipeg dman but morrissey, siegs>cernak (close tho), marino>perbix, both>everyone but parayko (and that's debatable), siegs>graves, marino>letang at this point, I don't even know which 4 dmen you're talking about with minnesota, both>mikkola/OEL, VKG is better (the literal cup winners), both>everyone but werenski, and CGY close between Tanev and the two.

The fact that you mentioned all those teams and not some actual potentially realistic contenders.

Carolina has probably the best Dcore in hockey, not a mention, islanders are up there, boston would be comparable, and you might be right for saying them if they still had orlov. You could debate between anderson roy marino and siegs with LA (probably ranked Roy Marino Siegs Anderson). But instead you went with those teams. LOL

The fact that you said teams with Severson and graves, guys that the devils let walk freely and played BEHIND marino and siegs, just shows how little you know.
Oct. 22, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Edited Oct. 22, 2023 at 8:06 p.m.
Wow....I am hoping autocorrect just got the best of you? Or please let us all know what illicit substances you are using for context...

That said, Hextall probably ruined whatever realistic window PIT had. Dubas is trying to fix the mess left behind and contend as well as possible for the end of the Crosby/Malkin/Letang Era. Will it work? Probably not, but I will gladly take Karlsson for now, considering we dumped out Petry, Ruuta, Desmith, and Granlund in the process.

And no, Matheson and Marino would not have made PIT any better than we were... which is why it was not a fleecing - just a cap move

Matheson, Marino, and an extra 6 mill in cap space and a 1st would have greatly helped your team, but I understand you're still coping over two of the most widely regarded fleeces in recent memory
Oct. 22, 2023 at 10:54 p.m.
Siegs>Samuellson. Marino>Clifton, Both>every winnipeg dman but morrissey, siegs>cernak (close tho), marino>perbix, both>everyone but parayko (and that's debatable), siegs>graves, marino>letang at this point, I don't even know which 4 dmen you're talking about with minnesota, both>mikkola/OEL, VKG is better (the literal cup winners), both>everyone but werenski, and CGY close between Tanev and the two.

The fact that you mentioned all those teams and not some actual potentially realistic contenders.

Carolina has probably the best Dcore in hockey, not a mention, islanders are up there, boston would be comparable, and you might be right for saying them if they still had orlov. You could debate between anderson roy marino and siegs with LA (probably ranked Roy Marino Siegs Anderson). But instead you went with those teams. LOL

The fact that you said teams with Severson and graves, guys that the devils let walk freely and played BEHIND marino and siegs, just shows how little you know.

You don't know how the salary cap works huh? That is why NJD had to let Graves & Severson go.

I guess I should have kept going with the list....my bad. Point is they are average at best. By the way, you should look at CapFriendly's depth charts, which show you the actual second pairing dmen, instead of Cherry Picking the ones you dont like....so let me help you:

BOS Lindholm/Carlo are better
BUF Power/Jokiharju are better
CAR Pesce/Skjei are better
CBJ Provorov/Jiricek are better
PIT Karlsson/Petterrson are better
WPG Pionk/Dillon are better
VGK Martinez/Theodore are better
LAK Gavrikov/Roy close, but better
MIN Middleton/Faber close, but better
FLA Montour/Forsling are better
CGY Zadarov/Weegar are better
STL Krug/Faulk are older, but better
COL Byram/Girard are better
TBL Sergachev/Raddysh are better
NYR Lindgren/Fox are better

Like I said, they are average at best. And the NYI d are old and slow, so they don't make the list
Oct. 22, 2023 at 10:55 p.m.
Matheson, Marino, and an extra 6 mill in cap space and a 1st would have greatly helped your team, but I understand you're still coping over two of the most widely regarded fleeces in recent memory

🤣🤣 how is Meier playing this year???
Oct. 23, 2023 at 12:10 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
You don't know how the salary cap works huh? That is why NJD had to let Graves & Severson go.

I guess I should have kept going with the list....my bad. Point is they are average at best. By the way, you should look at CapFriendly's depth charts, which show you the actual second pairing dmen, instead of Cherry Picking the ones you dont like....so let me help you:

BOS Lindholm/Carlo are better
BUF Power/Jokiharju are better
CAR Pesce/Skjei are better
CBJ Provorov/Jiricek are better
PIT Karlsson/Petterrson are better
WPG Pionk/Dillon are better
VGK Martinez/Theodore are better
LAK Gavrikov/Roy close, but better
MIN Middleton/Faber close, but better
FLA Montour/Forsling are better
CGY Zadarov/Weegar are better
STL Krug/Faulk are older, but better
COL Byram/Girard are better
TBL Sergachev/Raddysh are better
NYR Lindgren/Fox are better

Like I said, they are average at best. And the NYI d are old and slow, so they don't make the list

Hampus lindholm is the bruins 2nd best dman. Siegs would beat out gryz and marino would be comparable with carlo
Power is the sabres 2nd best dman once again, SIegs and Marino would beat out samuelsson and Jok.
I agree with Carolina
Siegs is better than Provorov and jiricek at this point in his NHL career does not hold a candle to marino. Potential=/= current ability
Karlsson is the Penguins best defender. Siegs & marino beat out graves and pettersson.
Pionk and Dillon are not better, at all
VGK i agree
Siegs>mikey anderson and roy vs gavrikov vs marino is debatable
Middleton isn't even good and Faber is a young rookie. Maybe he'll get there in 5 years but right now this isn't CLOSE.
Montour and forsling are the canes best and 3rd best defenders. siegs & marino are both better than one of OEL or mikkola. But yes 3 of the panthers defenders are better
I'd probably agree about calgary.
Krug and Faulk aren't good in the year 2023. Not close. and doesn't even mention the fact that NICK LEDDY is in their top 4.
Arguable with Colorado but both byram and girards metrics aren't great
Sergachev is the lightnings best defender. Again cernak and perbix are in the top 4, marino and siegs beat them out.
Fox and Lindgren are NYRs 2 best defenders. Siegs and Marino are better than Trouba and Miller.

I said they would fit into top 4s. the top pairing is a part of the top 4. Hope this helps.

The devils could have kept severson and graves if they wanted to. But they both would have been very expensive 3rd pairing dman.

If they really wanted to the devils could have traded Siegs and Marino for at least 3 first round picks between them, and resigned graves and severson. But they didn't because Siegs and Marino are both much better.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll