Forums/Armchair-GM

How would you rank these 3 trades for Ottawa

Created by: sensonfire
Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 25, 2023
Published: Oct. 25, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
All 3 trades were made after the start of the season by fans from the other team's fanbase.

All 3 trades have received my endorsement.
Trades
OTT
  1. Holmström, Simon
  2. Wahlstrom, Oliver
  3. 2024 1st round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Lottery Protected
NYI
    Shane Pinto

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4639777
    OTT
    1. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
    2. 2025 3rd round pick (COL)
    3. 2026 2nd round pick (COL)
    Additional Details:
    No Lottery Protection
    COL
      Shane Pinto

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4652371
      OTT
      1. Lucius, Chaz
      2. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
      Additional Details:
      No Lottery Protection
      WPG
        Shane Pinto

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4653758
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the DET
        Logo of the NYI
        Logo of the COL
        Logo of the WPG
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the DET
        Logo of the TBL
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the COL
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the COL
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the OTT
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        21$83,500,000$80,967,380$0$1,850,000$2,532,620
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Ottawa Senators
        $8,205,714$8,205,714
        LW
        UFA - 5
        $8,350,000$8,350,000
        C
        UFA - 8
        $6,500,000$6,500,000
        RW, C
        NMC
        UFA - 2
        $2,950,000$2,950,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $863,333$863,333
        C, LW
        RFA - 2
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RW
        NTC
        UFA - 1
        $762,500$762,500
        LW
        RFA - 1
        $7,950,000$7,950,000
        C
        UFA - 7
        $4,975,000$4,975,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 4
        $775,000$775,000
        C
        UFA - 1
        $835,000$835,000
        C, RW
        RFA - 2
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $4,600,000$4,600,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $4,000,000$4,000,000
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 5
        $8,000,000$8,000,000
        LD
        UFA - 5
        $4,600,000$4,600,000
        LD/RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        G
        UFA - 2
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        LD/RD, LW
        RFA - 1
        $1,100,000$1,100,000
        RD
        NMC
        UFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $805,000$805,000
        RD
        RFA - 2
        Taxi Squad
        Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
        $894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
        C
        RFA - 3
        Logo of the New York Islanders
        $874,125$874,125 ($0$0$0$0)
        RW
        RFA - 1
        Logo of the New York Islanders
        $863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
        RW
        RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Oct. 25, 2023 at 5:50 p.m.
        MisstheWhalers
        Quoting: Windjammer
        I can agree, but I think it's more that no one is or would offer anywhere close to these deals. If they were, he'd have been traded already.

Quoting: BatVader
        I don’t see WPG giving ‘24 1st + Lucius, who was 18th OV in ‘21, for Pinto.
        I’m fine giving up Lucius + a 2nd or equivalent player/prospect

Of note its also an unprotected 1st, just so realistic... 🙄
        Windjammer, BatVader, CapFriendlysFinest and 1 other person liked this.
        Oct. 25, 2023 at 5:55 p.m.
        Quoting: MisstheWhalers

Exactly. Unprotected 1sts are always thrown around like candy. sarcasm
        Oct. 26, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
        Quoting: Xspyrit
        lol ok... These dals have been proposed by non-Sens fans. OP chose 3 of them but there has been PLENTY, and sometimes even more valuable than this.

Ok so I am going to point out the fallacies and inaccuracies in your post. And damn there's a lot of them in just one post.

"who hasn't played a game in over a year" : this is an extremely easy verifiable fact. Last game played : April 13th, which is 6 months and 12 days ago, not "over a year"

"a soon to be 23 year old" : He started last season as a 21 y/o... And like you have already been notified, missed the WHOLE previous season... which delays his development 1 year

"who only had 35 points : another thing that just got explained to you but that seemed to go completely over your head... Young players or prospects' value is in their PROJECTABILITY. Do you need me to give you the definition for that word?

"why hasn't any team offered a deal similar to the ones you have mentioned?" : what are you even talking about? In the reality? How do you know what has been offered or not? Let me guess, it's because "it has not happened yet"? Pure logical fallacy

Also, did you know that the Coyotes wanted Pinto in March for Chychrun but the Sens decided to give up their first round pick instead (which was 12th OA). This has been talked about by a lot of hockey people and confirmed by people with a long track record of inside information (on another forum)

Also, another good way to become good at grasping players value, is by studying this every year :

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades

Damn, do I really need to answer that?

Look at the number of games Nick Robertson has played since 2020-21... Lysell is still 20 y/o, do you think the Bruins would trade him for less than a 1st round pick? Turcotte, Rathbone, Farrance, Heinola, all guys that had their stocked drop a lot since... I'm pretty sure Kings fans would also ask for 1st+ if Arthur Kaliyev was on the market (doesn't mean that Pinto is)

The problem is not really that fans overrate their own players, it's that the average fan doesn't have enough knowledge about the game, the players and prospects, particularly outside of their own team so these forums are a big mess.

The thing is you don't know how long I have been "projecting players", maybe you were not even following the NHL back then... I made money with guys like Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, Loui Eriksson, Keith Yandle but my best coup was Erik Karlsson, literally made 30 K$ with hockey cards. Bought everything I could when his rookie cards came out, sold them 2 years later, profit. Then I did that with houses, which gives me a lot more time to dig into hockey now.

By the way, I have been higher on Ridly Greig for 2+ years now, 95% of Sens fans disagreed, they start to understand now.

tears of joy

Dear mother of...

I don't stress much when people "disagree" on the internet, you have the right to be entitled to your opinion. I look at facts and empirical evidence first and foremost, which is what my education taught me.

That said, still no money bet? Always looking at new ways to make money

Do you still think you get a first round pick now after the news just broke? tears of joy
        MisstheWhalers liked this.
        Oct. 26, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
        lol ok... These dals have been proposed by non-Sens fans. OP chose 3 of them but there has been PLENTY, and sometimes even more valuable than this.

Ok so I am going to point out the fallacies and inaccuracies in your post. And damn there's a lot of them in just one post.

"who hasn't played a game in over a year" : this is an extremely easy verifiable fact. Last game played : April 13th, which is 6 months and 12 days ago, not "over a year"

"a soon to be 23 year old" : He started last season as a 21 y/o... And like you have already been notified, missed the WHOLE previous season... which delays his development 1 year

"who only had 35 points : another thing that just got explained to you but that seemed to go completely over your head... Young players or prospects' value is in their PROJECTABILITY. Do you need me to give you the definition for that word?

"why hasn't any team offered a deal similar to the ones you have mentioned?" : what are you even talking about? In the reality? How do you know what has been offered or not? Let me guess, it's because "it has not happened yet"? Pure logical fallacy

Also, did you know that the Coyotes wanted Pinto in March for Chychrun but the Sens decided to give up their first round pick instead (which was 12th OA). This has been talked about by a lot of hockey people and confirmed by people with a long track record of inside information (on another forum)

Also, another good way to become good at grasping players value, is by studying this every year :

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades

Damn, do I really need to answer that?

Look at the number of games Nick Robertson has played since 2020-21... Lysell is still 20 y/o, do you think the Bruins would trade him for less than a 1st round pick? Turcotte, Rathbone, Farrance, Heinola, all guys that had their stocked drop a lot since... I'm pretty sure Kings fans would also ask for 1st+ if Arthur Kaliyev was on the market (doesn't mean that Pinto is)

The problem is not really that fans overrate their own players, it's that the average fan doesn't have enough knowledge about the game, the players and prospects, particularly outside of their own team so these forums are a big mess.

The thing is you don't know how long I have been "projecting players", maybe you were not even following the NHL back then... I made money with guys like Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, Loui Eriksson, Keith Yandle but my best coup was Erik Karlsson, literally made 30 K$ with hockey cards. Bought everything I could when his rookie cards came out, sold them 2 years later, profit. Then I did that with houses, which gives me a lot more time to dig into hockey now.

By the way, I have been higher on Ridly Greig for 2+ years now, 95% of Sens fans disagreed, they start to understand now.

tears of joy

Dear mother of...

I don't stress much when people "disagree" on the internet, you have the right to be entitled to your opinion. I look at facts and empirical evidence first and foremost, which is what my education taught me.

That said, still no money bet? Always looking at new ways to make money

Sorry, I want to back up for a second. Are you that insecure that you had to bring your lifestyle of selling hockey cards to houses into this? Buddy it is not that deep. I would never mention what I do on a public website like this lol.

Also, I would like to point out that over the last three years, Robertson has played 12 less games then Pinto, so your argument there is completely backing mine up, thanks. You also mention that a lot of those players I mentioned earlier have lost stock., again that was 100 percent the point I was making. Players after they're drafted lose stock if they don't preform or play. That was my entire argument on why Pinto was never worth a first right now. He hasn't played in over a year and now is likely going to miss THIS entire year with a gambling problem (likely not a problem just a dumb suspension from the NHL).

Also also, please link me ANY creditably source that said the Coyotes wanted Pinto over the 12OA. I haven't found a single one.

Also also also, when did I ever mention Greig? You are just bringing up things you got right once to make yourself feel better again.

These trades proposed here are laughable, and even a 1st round pick for a player who now hasn't played in 2 years after this suspension won't happen. Approaching Nolan Patrick value
        Oct. 26, 2023 at 11:55 a.m.
        Yeah Pinto is not getting that value with the 41 game ban lol
        Nov. 2, 2023 at 6:21 p.m.
        Edited Nov. 2, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
        Quoting: MisstheWhalers

You'd have to tell that to that Jets fan who made the ACGM

Quoting: CapFriendlysFinest
        Do you still think you get a first round pick now after the news just broke? tears of joy

Yes, and more. He is getting a suspension, he's not banned from the NHL lol

Anyway, Ottawa clearly don't want to trade him

Sorry, I want to back up for a second. Are you that insecure that you had to bring your lifestyle of selling hockey cards to houses into this? Buddy it is not that deep. I would never mention what I do on a public website like this lol.

lol "insecurity" like if this changes anything in the infinite universe with all the stuff people post everyday on social media. Talk about a drama queen Nancy Help

It was not mean to be "deep" or what the **** that meant but you accused me of "overrating my own players" so I simply gave you a real life tangible example that I know exactly what I am doing.

Also, I would like to point out that over the last three years, Robertson has played 12 less games then Pinto, so your argument there is completely backing mine up, thanks.

I don't understand why some people like you, who are so out of their element, want to continue to argue with me... Pinto has played 127 games, Robertson has played 82 games, 45 games difference (minus a few games until October 25th if you want)... Damn, I would not be very happy if my kids were not able to do these simple maths in elementary school. And even more importantly, Pinto has been 1 season, Robertson has been injured every season.

You also mention that a lot of those players I mentioned earlier have lost stock., again that was 100 percent the point I was making. Players after they're drafted lose stock if they don't preform or play. That was my entire argument on why Pinto was never worth a first right now. He hasn't played in over a year and now is likely going to miss THIS entire year with a gambling problem (likely not a problem just a dumb suspension from the NHL).

Are you for real? I literally just told you that he played in April... which is NOT "over a year"... And no, he is NOT "going to miss THIS entire year"... again another very easily verifiable fact. Are you drunk lol

Also also, please link me ANY creditably source that said the Coyotes wanted Pinto over the 12OA. I haven't found a single one.

Ok based on the exchanges so far I don't think I have anything to prove to you but you know the guy who broke the whole Dadonov/Dorion situation? Well, I have been part of the Sens community for decades and we have insiders like that. You don't have to believe it, doesn't change anything. I know it has been discussed well enough (on another forum). Also the pick was not 12th OA at the time of the trade (March, I even told you lol), just another one of you logical fallacies. I mean, you just can't stop laugh

Also also also, when did I ever mention Greig? You are just bringing up things you got right once to make yourself feel better again.

lol I don't need do anything to make feel better, just being me is quite satisfying in general. Greig was another instance of when I correctly projected a young player (the subject...), but it doesn't matter, I didn't realize you were so lost and out of your element.

These trades proposed here are laughable, and even a 1st round pick for a player who now hasn't played in 2 years after this suspension won't happen. Approaching Nolan Patrick value

What else could it be to finish than just another.... logical fallacy?!? You are hilarious kid

These laughable proposals were made by NON-Sens fans...but that point will most likely go over your head as well

And for the highlighted... I have no words tears of joy
        Nov. 2, 2023 at 7:33 p.m.
        You'd have to tell that to that Jets fan who made the ACGM

Yes, and more. He is getting a suspension, he's not banned from the NHL lol

Anyway, Ottawa clearly don't want to trade him

lol "insecurity" like if this changes anything in the infinite universe with all the stuff people post everyday on social media. Talk about a drama queen Nancy Help

It was not mean to be "deep" or what the **** that meant but you accused me of "overrating my own players" so I simply gave you a real life tangible example that I know exactly what I am doing.

I don't understand why some people like you, who are so out of their element, want to continue to argue with me... Pinto has played 127 games, Robertson has played 82 games, 45 games difference (minus a few games until October 25th if you want)... Damn, I would not be very happy if my kids were not able to do these simple maths in elementary school. And even more importantly, Pinto has been 1 season, Robertson has been injured every season.

Are you for real? I literally just told you that he played in April... which is NOT "over a year"... And no, he is NOT "going to miss THIS entire year"... again another very easily verifiable fact. Are you drunk lol

Ok based on the exchanges so far I don't think I have anything to prove to you but you know the guy who broke the whole Dadonov/Dorion situation? Well, I have been part of the Sens community for decades and we have insiders like that. You don't have to believe it, doesn't change anything. I know it has been discussed well enough (on another forum). Also the pick was not 12th OA at the time of the trade (March, I even told you lol), just another one of you logical fallacies. I mean, you just can't stop laugh

lol I don't need do anything to make feel better, just being me is quite satisfying in general. Greig was another instance of when I correctly projected a young player (the subject...), but it doesn't matter, I didn't realize you were so lost and out of your element.

What else could it be to finish than just another.... logical fallacy?!? You are hilarious kid

These laughable proposals were made by NON-Sens fans...but that point will most likely go over your head as well

And for the highlighted... I have no words tears of joy

He mad
        CapFriendlysFinest liked this.
        Nov. 3, 2023 at 8:24 a.m.
        Quoting: turtlemountain
        He mad

Endorphin doesn't make you mad, it's the opposite. I absolutely love to argue with people like that, it's like going to a comedy show for free

Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.

Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.

Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.

Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

Laughter burns calories. Okay, so it's no replacement for going to the gym, but one study found that laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn approximately 40 calories—which could be enough to lose three or four pounds over the course of a year.

Laughter lightens anger's heavy load. Nothing diffuses anger and conflict faster than a shared laugh. Looking at the funny side can put problems into perspective and enable you to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.

Laughter may even help you to live longer. A study in Norway found that people with a strong sense of humor outlived those who don't laugh as much. The difference was particularly notable for those battling cancer.
        Nov. 3, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
        Quoting: turtlemountain
        He mad

To come back a week later and post about it to try and prove his point, yeah he big time mad
        Nov. 5, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
        To come back a week later and post about it to try and prove his point, yeah he big time mad

Oh yeah, taking a full week before even looking at this was definitely proof of me being mad tears of joy

Just another logical fallacy... which is why I had to answer. Your posts are so irrational and illogical but yet you talk with so much assurance... This was a delight and I am already nostalgic
        Nov. 6, 2023 at 12:39 p.m.
        Oh yeah, taking a full week before even looking at this was definitely proof of me being mad tears of joy

Just another logical fallacy... which is why I had to answer. Your posts are so irrational and illogical but yet you talk with so much assurance... This was a delight and I am already nostalgic

Man this has been over for a week why do you keep responding lol
        Nov. 7, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
        Man this has been over for a week why do you keep responding lol

And? Whatever we say or do is frozen in time...

Plus, I miss you, free dope is always good these days
        Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
        And? Whatever we say or do is frozen in time...

Plus, I miss you, free dope is always good these days

Shhhh don't tell anyone
        Xspyrit liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll