Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 7, 2023 at 4:50 a.m.
Out of all the wingers Kuzmenko is the guy you keep, tbh tho I doubt Ottawa even does this, that being said I'd rather spend a 1st instead of a roster player at the TDL if we are going to continue this pace.
remowilliams liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 5:50 a.m.
Quoting: Canuckfan98
Out of all the wingers Kuzmenko is the guy you keep, tbh tho I doubt Ottawa even does this, that being said I'd rather spend a 1st instead of a roster player at the TDL if we are going to continue this pace.

Out of all the wingers the team has, Kuzmenko is the most valuable. If you want to get you have to give and your not getting Zub without a real good piece leaving the team. Reallocating cap from a position of relative strength to one of weakness is something this management group has been trying to do since they took over. I think if anyone turns down this trade it's OTT, with Zub's play and contract he would be a perfect target for the Canucks but I doubt he's available.

I would also rather trade a 1st than move a guy like Kuzmenko, but Zub is worth more than a 1st and the Canucks don't have the cap space to make a splash without moving money. If they don't want to pay additional assets to move a winger it's Kuzmenko or possibly Mikheyev/BB that may be able to fetch a legitimate top 4 RD.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 8:17 a.m.
Canucks pass.Not a chance we trade Kuzy hes a keeper.IMHO.
westleysnipez liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: remowilliams
Canucks pass.Not a chance we trade Kuzy hes a keeper.IMHO.

I disagree. If they can add a top pairing RD with term on a great contract for a winger I think they absolutely make this trade.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
Quoting: Reason
I disagree. If they can add a top pairing RD with term on a great contract for a winger I think they absolutely make this trade.

YOUR opinion.Do you REALLY think they would trade Kuzy.Come on at least keep it real.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 9:37 a.m.
Ottawa needs MORE of what Zub brings, not less. He's the D partner for their cornerstone Dman.
remowilliams liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
Sens simply can't afford lose Zub for anything less than a major overpay
Reason liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Quoting: Canuckfan98

Canucks shouldn't trade a 1st liner and Sens can't even afford to move Zub. Both teams don't want to do that, even though it would fill a really big need for the Canucks

Quoting: emoprettyboy

This is kind of an overpay, but as tempting as it is, Sens can't even do it due to the unhealthy balance of LHD strength vs RHD
remowilliams liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:09 a.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
YOUR opinion.Do you REALLY think they would trade Kuzy.Come on at least keep it real.

Is the point of this tool not to post different opinions?
Reason liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:20 a.m.

We’ll I sure hope it was MY opinion, or someone has hacked my account, thanks for pointing out the obvious there bud.
I’m sure Vancouver would prefer not to trade Kuzemko, but they have smart people running the organization and if they can improve the team by moving him then yes I absolutely think they would, he’s certainly not “untouchable”.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: Borocop

That was my understanding. Maybe I’ll have to reread the site rules…
Borocop liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Canucks shouldn't trade a 1st liner and Sens can't even afford to move Zub. Both teams don't want to do that, even though it would fill a really big need for the Canucks

This is kind of an overpay, but as tempting as it is, Sens can't even do it due to the unhealthy balance of LHD strength vs RHD

Is it an overpay though? A top pairing RD in his 20’s on a bargain contract for another 3 seasons after this one, that holds a LOT of value.
Kuzemko has a good contract as well but it’s only for one more season after this one, and wingers are not nearly as valuable nor as hard to acquire.. I think the value is pretty fair overall here.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Quoting: emoprettyboy

That’s fair, to be honest I didn’t think Sens fans would be a fan of the deal, but I try not to post the same AGM trades that everyone else does.
emoprettyboy liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Ottawa needs MORE of what Zub brings, not less. He's the D partner for their cornerstone Dman.

Fair comment, and what I expected to hear from non Canucks fans. Was trying to post something I haven’t seen yet.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Quoting: Borocop

Yes but this is MY opinion.MY opinion is it will not happen.My opinion counts too right.
Borocop liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
We’ll I sure hope it was MY opinion, or someone has hacked my account, thanks for pointing out the obvious there bud.
I’m sure Vancouver would prefer not to trade Kuzemko, but they have smart people running the organization and if they can improve the team by moving him then yes I absolutely think they would, he’s certainly not “untouchable”.

Thanks again for Your opinion.mine stands.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Is it an overpay though? A top pairing RD in his 20’s on a bargain contract for another 3 seasons after this one, that holds a LOT of value.
Kuzemko has a good contract as well but it’s only for one more season after this one, and wingers are not nearly as valuable nor as hard to acquire.. I think the value is pretty fair overall here.

Yeah and the term and RHD scarcity makes it fair or at least very close but Kuzmenko is a high end winger. Hard decision for both teams but in the end Ottawa just can't afford it

It's like you putting a better engine in my car (although it's actually not possible cool) but you'd leave with one of my wheels though
Reason liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
That was my understanding. Maybe I’ll have to reread the site rules…

So i cant disagree with Your opinion.Hmmm Thats not what the site rules say.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Yes but this is MY opinion.MY opinion is it will not happen.My opinion counts too right.

yeah thats the point lol
remowilliams liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:21 p.m.
westleysnipez

Am I missing something? Neither Bear nor Zub is a top-pairing defenseman.
remowilliams and YesThisIsFlo liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 9:41 p.m.
Quoting: westleysnipez
Am I missing something? Neither Bear nor Zub is a top-pairing defenseman.

Bear certainly isn't, he's probably a #5 on a good blueline, fringe top 4. Zub is probably a number 3, but is totally capable to playing on the top pair without looking out of place and would be a great compliment to a more offensive minded partner. If the team had the following blueline I think it would put them in a position where they could win a few rounds in the playoffs (still not a contender):

Hughes - Zub
Cole - Hronek
Soucy - Bear

With Hronek getting a large raise in the offseason, adding a cap controlled player like Zub makes the blueline cost more palatable for what's going to continue to be a cap crunched team.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
Edited Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:32 p.m.

So i cant disagree with Your opinion. Hmmm Thats not what the site rules say.

No one said you weren't entitled to your opinion, however the way you expressed it came off as you believing your opinion was the only one that mattered to more than one person.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 12:38 a.m.
westleysnipez
Bear certainly isn't, he's probably a #5 on a good blueline, fringe top 4. Zub is probably a number 3, but is totally capable to playing on the top pair without looking out of place and would be a great compliment to a more offensive minded partner. If the team had the following blueline I think it would put them in a position where they could win a few rounds in the playoffs (still not a contender):

Hughes - Zub
Cole - Hronek
Soucy - Bear

With Hronek getting a large raise in the offseason, adding a cap controlled player like Zub makes the blueline cost more palatable for what's going to continue to be a cap crunched team.

Zub is not a top-pairing defenseman, perhaps he can make it work in short bursts, but he's been eaten alive analytically even in just a Top-4 role. Add in the fact that at 28 he's only played one full NHL season, he's decidedly not worth Kuzmenko 1 for 1. If the Senators are wanting Top-6 support, I'd maybe move Garland + mid pick/prospect for him. But given Zub's injury history, I think there's better options on the market.

Besides that, Bear played excellently with Hughes last season. It's cheaper for the Canucks to move out cap space to re-sign Bear than to lose Kuzmenko.
remowilliams and YesThisIsFlo liked this.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 1:07 a.m.
Zub is not a top-pairing defenseman, perhaps he can make it work in short bursts, but he's been eaten alive analytically even in just a Top-4 role. Add in the fact that at 28 he's only played one full NHL season, he's decidedly not worth Kuzmenko 1 for 1. If the Senators are wanting Top-6 support, I'd maybe move Garland + mid pick/prospect for him. But given Zub's injury history, I think there's better options on the market.

Besides that, Bear played excellently with Hughes last season. It's cheaper for the Canucks to move out cap space to re-sign Bear than to lose Kuzmenko.

Garland has zero value, Zero. He isn't bringing back a top 4 RD even if you add "mid pick/prospects". If Garland's being moved the Canucks are paying in either retention or picks/prospects. I would personally rather move a good winger for a defenseman than pay the costs of moving a player like Garland and then all the additional young assets it would take to acquire a top 4 defenseman. This team is decent (although their underlying numbers haven't been great), but they still aren't contenders and are still going to have cap issues going forward, so they need their few good young prospects and future high picks to ensure they have a steady flow of ECL's coming in the future.

You do realize Kuzmenko has only played one NHL season and is also turning 28 in early 2024 right? Look I like Kuzmenko, he had a very high shooting percentage last season that boosted his total but he's a good player and a well liked teammate. That said he plays the easiest position to fill in the NHL and Zub the hardest, that significantly effects value and that is why all the Sen's fans on here are saying "No".

You could put a pilon on the ice and it would look good as Hughes defense partner. Bear is a decent player and one I think the team should bring back, that said he is a #5 on a good blueline, and although I like Bear I certainly wouldn't want him paired with Hughes in the playoffs,

At the end of the day, Zub doesn't have to be the player the team acquires. He was an option that I hadn't seen posted on here yet so I decided I would try something different. Either way if this team chooses to make a big move for a defenseman, I would rather move a winger with value than the multiple young assets it would otherwise cost.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 1:33 a.m.
No one said you weren't entitled to your opinion, however the way you expressed it came off as you believing your opinion was the only one that mattered to more than one person.

No i just disagreed with your opinion.You come across as the same way like your opinion is the only one that matters.I still disagree that we trade a first line winger for avthird pair d man. Its not happening.

Very well said.100 % agree.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll