Forums/Armchair-GM

Truculence

Created by: TMLBRIAN
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 18, 2023
Published: Nov. 18, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
MTL get the better dman. Leafs get the bigger and more physical dman.
Calgary gets some picks and a prospect. Leafs get another big dman.

Thoughts?
Trades
CGY
  1. Hirvonen, Roni
  2. Klingberg, John
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
  4. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,409,783$0$0$90,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:09 a.m.
TrevorA
You are Hilarious m!

You would give Liljegren for Xhekaj and pocket change for Zadorov!?

Not too late to hit delete unless it’s some kind of Troll Post

@Kinger25 is gonna be PISSED
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:14 a.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
You are Hilarious m!

Kinger25 is gonna be PISSED

Reason we don't want to trade Lily for Zadorov is because he is a UFA. Xhekaj is under team control. Kinger will understand. Even if he disagrees with me, he doesn't seem the type of person to become mad over someone else's AGM. He is quite rationale and pleasant on here smile.

This is not a troll post. You and I disagree on Zadorovs value. We seem to value the rest of the Calgary guys quite similar though. Time will tell what Zadorov gets!
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:20 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Reason we don't want to trade Lily for Zadorov is because he is a UFA. Xhekaj is under team control. Kinger will understand. Even if he disagrees with me, he doesn't seem the type of person to become mad over someone else's AGM. He is quite rationale and pleasant on here smile.

This is not a troll post. You and I disagree on Zadorovs value. We seem to value the rest of the Calgary guys quite similar though. Time will tell what Zadorov gets!

Do I come across as mad or irrational to you!?

I like Xhekaj, but he’s nowhere near the skilled player Liljegren or Zadorov are and if you think Treliving will pay the assets it’ll require to acquire Zadorov without an extension in place, you’re just being silly

PS, I know we disagree on Zadorov’s value, hence why I didn’t go in to it again, but offering Lily for Xhekaj over Zadorov is craziness. The offer should be flipped is all lol
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:25 a.m.
Do I come across as mad or irrational to you!?

I like Xhekaj, but he’s nowhere near the skilled player Liljegren or Zadorov are and if you think Treliving will pay the assets it’ll require to acquire Zadorov without an extension in place, you’re just being silly

PS, I know we disagree on Zadorov’s value, hence why I didn’t go in to it again, but offering Lily for Xhekaj over Zadorov is craziness. The offer should be flipped is all lol

You come off as fiery and saucy. And I LOVE IT smile

I really like Lily but I would prefer having what Xhekaj has to offer. Adding both he and Zadorov would be fun. Right now we only have McCabe who throws the body. Having 2 more guys, would really compliment Riellys skill, Brodies amazing defensive prowess, Gios warrior heart and Timmins puck moving ability.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:26 a.m.

Still would be crazy to offer Liljegren for Xhekaj especially if he's not going to be in the top 6.

Liljegren throws the body too, not nearly as much as Xhekaj but maybe if you pair him with Zadorov he starts hitting more.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:29 a.m.
Quoting: GMBL
Still would be crazy to offer Liljegren for Xhekaj especially if he's not going to be in the top 6.

Liljegren throws the body too.

I don't see Montreal trading Xhekaj, unless they were offered the clearly better player. I think the Leafs can and should do this. But I get why I may be in the minority in this one. I do really like Lily.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:31 a.m.
TrevorA
You come off as fiery and saucy. And I LOVE IT smile

I really like Lily but I would prefer having what Xhekaj has to offer. Adding both he and Zadorov would be fun. Right now we only have McCabe who throws the body. Having 2 more guys, would really compliment Riellys skill, Brodies amazing defensive prowess, Gios warrior heart and Timmins puck moving ability.

Yeah, I love those kind of players too, hence why I’ve taken my stance on Zadorov

I always wonder how I come across on this site lol. Probably very manic and bi-polar at times lol.

I just mirror the tones I’m interpreting from others, but I probably carry my mood from one thread to the next too much

I try to be good as much as possible and have no problem apologizing, holding myself accountable or admitting when I’m wrong, but if people try to push or bully me around or talk down or condescending to me, I just won’t have it

Hope I haven’t rubbed you the wrong way too much. I accept everyone is entitled to an opinion and I could be wrong, so we’ll see what plays out. Obviously, I just want the best return for my Team
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:36 a.m.
Yeah, I love those kind of players too, hence why I’ve taken my stance on Zadorov

I always wonder how I come across on this site lol. Probably very manic and bi-polar at times lol.

I just mirror the tones I’m interpreting from others, but I probably carry my mood from one thread to the next too much

I try to be good as much as possible and have no problem apologizing, holding myself accountable or admitting when I’m wrong, but if people try to push or bully me around or talk down or condescending to me, I just won’t have it

Hope I haven’t rubbed you the wrong way too much. I accept everyone is entitled to an opinion and I could be wrong, so we’ll see what plays out. Obviously, I just want the best return for my Team

Haha you are great my friend smile.

Calgary is in an amazing position to collect a lot of assets. They can have upwards of 4 x 1st round picks in the upcoming draft and also accumulate 1-2 more solid prospects and a few more lower picks. They can do all of that and re-tool this offseason. They can potentially be back to being competitive next year.

Time will tell but I think Calgary is in a good spot!
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:37 a.m.
TrevorA
Haha you are great my friend smile.

Calgary is in an amazing position to collect a lot of assets. They can have upwards of 4 x 1st round picks in the upcoming draft and also accumulate 1-2 more solid prospects and a few more lower picks. They can do all of that and re-tool this offseason. They can potentially be back to being competitive next year.

Time will tell but I think Calgary is in a good spot!

I appreciate you man!

Just don’t talk to me about Jack friggin Eichel, hey @GMBL 😜
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:38 a.m.
I don't see Montreal trading Xhekaj, unless they were offered the clearly better player. I think the Leafs can and should do this. But I get why I may be in the minority in this one. I do really like Lily.

Well if they do trade Liljegren for Xhekaj, I think it would be foolish not to play him and to rent Zadorov. Their 7th/8th could be Benoit who checks just slightly more than Liljegren. Having too many bruisers would probably just lead to a ton of penalties and considering that the Leafs PK isn't doing too great it could be detrimental. They are better off keeping those assets or using them for a different type of defenseman like Tanev if they want Xhekaj as their 7th.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:41 a.m.
I appreciate you man!

Just don’t talk to me about Jack friggin Eichel, hey GMBL 😜

Haha I haven't mentioned Eichel since he was traded to Vegas. I almost predicted that trade to a T though. I was very close at getting that trade right :P.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:43 a.m.
TrevorA
Haha I haven't mentioned Eichel since he was traded to Vegas. I almost predicted that trade to a T though. I was very close at getting that trade right :P.

I really shouldn’t do this, but I can’t help myself….

What do you think Elias Lindholm gets Traded for and is it at all comparable to Jack Eichel’s Trade!?

Are Lindholm & Eichel comparable players and/or what’s the difference between the two to you!? 😬
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:48 a.m.
I really shouldn’t do this, but I can’t help myself….

What do you think Elias Lindholm gets Traded for and is it at all comparable to Jack Eichel’s Trade and are Lindholm & Eichel comparable players and/or what’s the difference between the two to you!? 😬

Lindholm will go for a 1st + 3rd + good prospect + cap contract. I think Horvat is the proper comparable. There was no 3rd round pick in the Horvat trade but Raty was New yorks best prospect and Beauvillier had some value associated to him as well, although not much.

Eichel is not a proper comparable. He was quite a few steps ahead of Lindholm in terms of value but his broken neck impacted that. He also had term on his contract. He ended up getting a bigger package than what Lindholm will get.

He got 1st + 2nd + good prospect + very good power forward in Alex Tuch. Tuch added a lot of value to that trade.

The cap piece coming back in the Lindholm trade will have very minimal or no value to the trade or possible slightly negative value.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:54 a.m.
Honestly, I don't think the Flames and Leafs make a deal unless Treliving massively overpays. If I were Conroy and I had comparable offers from the Leafs and anyone else, I'd take the other offer. Neither Conroy nor Treliving will want to be shown up by the other, and that will drive a wedge in any discussions between teh teams for at least a year or two.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:58 a.m.
TrevorA
Lindholm will go for a 1st + 3rd + good prospect + cap contract. I think Horvat is the proper comparable. There was no 3rd round pick in the Horvat trade but Raty was New yorks best prospect and Beauvillier had some value associated to him as well, although not much.

Eichel is not a proper comparable. He was quite a few steps ahead of Lindholm in terms of value but his broken neck impacted that. He also had term on his contract. He ended up getting a bigger package than what Lindholm will get.

He got 1st + 2nd + good prospect + very good power forward in Alex Tuch. Tuch added a lot of value to that trade.

The cap piece coming back in the Lindholm trade will have very minimal or no value to the trade or possible slightly negative value.

Yeah, I won’t dispute that Lindholm won’t return the same quality of cap move as Tuch, but the rest should be the same

Lindholm produces just as much offence and, surprisingly, actually has the more accurate shot, yet has and will be cheaper than Eichel. Eichel is the Better Play Driver whereas Lindholm is the Better Defender

What makes the trade a comparable in my eyes even though Eichel is younger, was that broken neck or whatever he issue was, that out his career at risk. Maybe he’ll rebound to where he had one Elite Year prior to his neck issues and he’s certainly a Star, I just don’t find him as a PPG to be “Elite”

Really hoping for a Top Prospect in that return for Lindholn though
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:59 a.m.
I appreciate you man!

Just don’t talk to me about Jack friggin Eichel, hey GMBL 😜

tears of joy. You make me feel like I'm an Eichel Fan.

Eichel for the Hart!!!
E I CHEL, it's in the name!
Let me tell you something facchual, the difference between Eichel and Elite is a slightly different arrangement and ch vs t, so is there really much of a difference? I think it's safe to say that Eichel is Eliche.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 7:16 a.m.
Misses Danault
Habs aren't taking that
Caufield, Black61 and CBA liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 7:21 a.m.
Prime Primeau
Habs pass. They need a physical D more than a bottom 4 Rd that won’t play in the lineup next year
Black61 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 7:43 a.m.
Banned
You are Hilarious m!

Kinger25 is gonna be PISSED

Yes I am lol leaf’s decline Montreal
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 9:02 a.m.
Rip

Xhekaj is Reeves but a defenceman. He can't play hockey
Kinger25 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 10:51 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: RipNasty
Xhekaj is Reeves but a defenceman. He can't play hockey

Simply not true. He's a capable 3rd pairing defenseman that happens to have enforcer tools. He's also still young with room to improve.

As for the trade proposed with Liljegren, Montreal simply has no need for him and sending Xhekaj to a division rival is a bad idea.
CBA liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 10:55 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: ricochetii
Simply not true. He's a capable 3rd pairing defenseman that happens to have enforcer tools. He's also still young with room to improve.

As for the trade proposed with Liljegren, Montreal simply has no need for him and sending Xhekaj to a division rival is a bad idea.

No he isn't a capable 3rd pair defenceman. He's a 3rd pair defenceman on a non playoff team. He doesn't make most teams in the league.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: RipNasty
No he isn't a capable 3rd pair defenceman. He's a 3rd pair defenceman on a non playoff team. He doesn't make most teams in the league.

Every team is different, but you are basically saying if he were placed on waivers today, not one playoff team would place a claim. You can't honestly believe that.
If anything playoff teams are more likely to want him for his abilities beyond simply playing a regular shift.
I think you are lumping him into a group of sluggish and/or aged enforcers that he simply doesn't belong to. That's a biased perspective. You can't say enforcer = bad at hockey, everyone has to be evaluated on their own merit.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
Stop trading for Arber... You won't have it unless you are ready to overpay, otherwise you keep your players and we keep ours.

Heres a trade you can try for Arber:
Xhekaj and Armia (no retain)
for
Nylander and TOR 1st rounder.

Don't like it? All right, we keep Arber...
Nov. 18, 2023 at 12:02 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: ricochetii
Every team is different, but you are basically saying if he were placed on waivers today, not one playoff team would place a claim. You can't honestly believe that.
If anything playoff teams are more likely to want him for his abilities beyond simply playing a regular shift.
I think you are lumping him into a group of sluggish and/or aged enforcers that he simply doesn't belong to. That's a biased perspective. You can't say enforcer = bad at hockey, everyone has to be evaluated on their own merit.

I am sure someone would pick him up to be a 7/8 defenceman if he was free. However, the reality is, he loses his minutes, gets scored on a lot and chases hits all the time. The guy's not a positive.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll