LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,100,000$5,100,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$2,650,000$2,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:12 p.m.
Tank it baby
As if Yzerman would trade Wallinder.
LikeABoss, GMBL, aedoran and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Get that SJ trade out of existence.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Kens replacement
Quoting: SharkTank
As if Yzerman would trade Wallinder.

I saw him play the other night, he is such a good skater. I'd hate to see them trade him but this offer should easily improve the team right now vs waiting a couple more years for Wallinder. The only criticisms I have is he seems a bit lanky like it would help if he gained some mass. He also seems to pinch super deep, but his skating seems to bail him out, but I don't see that translating to the NHL.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: LikeABoss
I saw him play the other night, he is such a good skater. I'd hate to see them trade him but this offer should easily improve the team right now vs waiting a couple more years for Wallinder. The only criticisms I have is he seems a bit lanky like it would help if he gained some mass. He also seems to pinch super deep, but his skating seems to bail him out, but I don't see that translating to the NHL.

You keep players like Wallinder. You don't trade them. You develop him as long as it takes. That's what Yzerman is doing.

There's no need to fast track things. That's why he's signed so many vets. Plug holes until his young studs are NHL ready. Make them earn a job.

Smart.
GMBL, aedoran, LikeABoss and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
Pop Pop
Who do you think Mario Ferraro is?
GMBL, aedoran, LikeABoss and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: Jfstompers

Definitely not who he thinks he is.
aedoran, GMBL, LikeABoss and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:38 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Ferraros awesome but Yzerman would have to be kidnapped for this to happen and Grier would be cheering like child on Christmas.
aedoran, GMBL, LikeABoss and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
Are you sure Detroit is your favorite team???????????
GMBL, LikeABoss and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
Kens replacement
Quoting: Jfstompers

He'd be a massive upgrade on the role Yzerman was trying to fill with Chiarot. It's a team game after all and I think only going after the "best" player gets you the Dubas Maple Leafs.

Quoting: yikes
Ferraros awesome but Yzerman would have to be kidnapped for this to happen and Grier would be cheering like child on Christmas.

Okay Okay I get it, honestly I haven't looked at other posts to gauge a fair value, I just know he's a gamer if he's close to leading the league in hits and blocked shots at his age, I don't see an issue with this price but obviously everyone agrees I'm overpaying. I still think it would be a great pickup

Quoting: aedoran
Are you sure Detroit is your favorite team???????????

2nd favorite, my first favorite has to be the Harlem Globetrotters! They have a pretty decent record as of late wink
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
He'd be a massive upgrade on the role Yzerman was trying to fill with Chiarot. It's a team game after all and I think only going after the "best" player gets you the Dubas Maple Leafs.

Okay Okay I get it, honestly I haven't looked at other posts to gauge a fair value, I just know he's a gamer if he's close to leading the league in hits and blocked shots at his age, I don't see an issue with this price but obviously everyone agrees I'm overpaying. I still think it would be a great pickup

2nd favorite, my first favorite has to be the Harlem Globetrotters! They have a pretty decent record as of late wink

Globetrotters would select Wallinder over Ferraro due to his offensive capabilities, mobility, and size.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:13 p.m.
Kens replacement
Quoting: CoachCoach
Globetrotters would select Wallinder over Ferraro due to his offensive capabilities, mobility, and size.

His size would better suit him with basketball at the moment because he looks like he might get snapped like a twig in the NHL
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
His size would better suit him with basketball at the moment because he looks like he might get snapped like a twig in the NHL

Oh he is very slender. The NHL however is becoming more and more about speed and players that can do it all/multi-dimensional.

Once he fills out (Hook him up with Raymond’s trainer) he could be the perfect partner for Seider.
Wallinder-Seider
Edvinsson-ASP
Walman-

Then hope for the best with at least 1-2 of the following prospects in case things play out differently (regression/injuries/contracts/cap/roster)

Albert J-Anton J
Cleveland-Tuomisto
Buium-Gibson
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:50 p.m.
Pop Pop

I like the player too but not 2 picks and a high prospect like
LikeABoss liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 6:12 p.m.
Kens replacement
Quoting: CoachCoach
Oh he is very slender. The NHL however is becoming more and more about speed and players that can do it all/multi-dimensional.

Once he fills out (Hook him up with Raymond’s trainer) he could be the perfect partner for Seider.
Wallinder-Seider
Edvinsson-ASP
Walman-

Then hope for the best with at least 1-2 of the following prospects in case things play out differently (regression/injuries/contracts/cap/roster)

Albert J-Anton J
Cleveland-Tuomisto
Buium-Gibson

From the little bit I saw, I can't see him in an offensive D role in the NHL, hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't think he sees the game at that level. You might say well that's why they teach and develop, but I'd point out that jocks aren't typically stereotyped as quick learners. I'm not a fan of your top 5 blueline cuz I don't agree the league is going that way. Who's the last cup champion that had only 1 D-man who hits on the blueline? Expand that to cup finalists or even conference finalists if you'd like, I'm just curious to see your work on that one.

I don't disagree with you on the size thing, I think he covers a lot of ice more because he skates really well and happens to have a longer stick, but he doesn't play "big" though. I'd say it's definately worth a shot putting him out there with Seider if he ever makes the big club, but he is definitely still a project. Don't get me wrong though his skating is very tantalizing, if they can get him to improve his anticipation and decision making I could see that high of a ceiling for him.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Joe
Yeah I'll pass on that Ferraro trade.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 6:21 p.m.
Tank it baby
From the little bit I saw, I can't see him in an offensive D role in the NHL, hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't think he sees the game at that level. You might say well that's why they teach and develop, but I'd point out that jocks aren't typically stereotyped as quick learners. I'm not a fan of your top 5 blueline cuz I don't agree the league is going that way. Who's the last cup champion that had only 1 D-man who hits on the blueline? Expand that to cup finalists or even conference finalists if you'd like, I'm just curious to see your work on that one.

I don't disagree with you on the size thing, I think he covers a lot of ice more because he skates really well and happens to have a longer stick, but he doesn't play "big" though. I'd say it's definately worth a shot putting him out there with Seider if he ever makes the big club, but he is definitely still a project. Don't get me wrong though his skating is very tantalizing, if they can get him to improve his anticipation and decision making I could see that high of a ceiling for him.

Yeah you know more than Steve Yzerman does. 🙄

Wouldn't it be easier to say you don't like Wallinder? 🤔

You're entitled to your opinion but at least be honest about it.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 6:34 p.m.
Kens replacement
Quoting: SharkTank
Yeah you know more than Steve Yzerman does. 🙄

Wouldn't it be easier to say you don't like Wallinder? 🤔

You're entitled to your opinion but at least be honest about it.

LOL, oh Stevie said he's destined to play with Seider, I must have missed that one, send me a link if ya find it.

How did you gather that from anything I said? In fact it's quite the opposite, I think he has some qualities that everyone can recognize as valuable, and I think he obviously has some areas he needs to improve in if he's in the AHL right now. I think that combination makes him valuable in a trade right now, and also think there's obviously risk with keeping him, and the team could do some damage right now with players that can play for them right now.

I don't know more than Stevie, but how much do you want to bet that "CoachCoach" isn't Stevie? How much do you want to bet that I might know more than CoachCoach or you for that matter? Granted I don't care either way and hope you don't either

In all seriousness I like the team name so I have to defend it, especially if people want to engage in debate. Simple as that brother
Dec. 7, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.

Wallinder could not pan out, I wouldn’t bet on it, but it’s possible. A bunch of people were calling for Raymond’s head prior to this season, and he put in the work to which results have been showing. Cossa/Kasper still look to be in the “can it translate” conversation. That’s the risk with all prospects.

As far as the stereotype, couldn’t be further from reality lol. Take a look at college athlete gpas, unless you mean major junior players. Now I will concede there are some lemons that play and unfortunately that’s part of every profession.

I also agree physicality is needed. I think Yzerman addressed that with a bunch of his other defensive draft picks(Cleveland), as well as bringing in heavier players (Kostin, Fish). No reason to think he won’t find similar players to add around the talent.

With Mo being physical, and not a “natural” offensive player, blended with Wallinder gives 2, 6’4 rangy D that could do a little bit of everything (assuming Mo keeps getting better). Mo is more physical and WW more transitional, stick check, offense.

Edvinsson seems like a 2-way guy at the NHL level, blended with ASP’s smaller stature and offensive gifts looks very interesting.

Walman blew away my expectations. He has easily been Detroit’s best D this season, and at the slightly older age is becoming a seasoned vet. Plays mean, plays fun, both sides of the puck, goes after stars.

It probably won’t be the top 5, as the NHL is ever changing, but personally I like the look of it. Just like you like Ferraro. Nothing wrong with that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll