LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 1
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,675,000$2,675,000
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,062,500$2,062,500
RD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 8 at 11:02 p.m.
Idk man, that's a whole lot for someone who doesn't really seem like he'll ever be the driver of a top 6 line
ClockReads2113 liked this.
Jan. 8 at 11:10 p.m.
Quoting: qc14
Idk man, that's a whole lot for someone who doesn't really seem like he'll ever be the driver of a top 6 line

Exactly. He seems like another Kuz in the making. Ton of skill but he's a second away from being non impactful. I like him but not paying a lot for him.
qc14 liked this.
Jan. 8 at 11:12 p.m.

He’s driven a top 6 line 3 years in a row. He’s already an elite top 6 winger
Jan. 8 at 11:19 p.m.
NHL Insider
Quoting: Db1899

Wouldn’t call him elite. Not saying he hasn’t been good previous years
Jan. 8 at 11:21 p.m.

It's a whole lot of spare parts, let's not kid ourselves
Jan. 8 at 11:21 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Nope
Jan. 9 at 12:00 a.m.

There's a difference between putting up points and driving play / a line. Zegras has been consistently horrible at controlling play, even while his main running partners have been very good (Terry) to average (McTavish, Carlsson) at doing so. Even just looking at his boxcars while he's certainly producing at a top 6 winger's rate, its not close to being an elite top 6 winger's rate. It's not uncommon for young players with this profile to stall out a bit: Domi, Drouin, Boeser are some recent examples.

Quoting: Caerii

It may not be the type of package ANA would be looking for, but it is definitely not spare parts. Lapierre and Iorio are two high draft picks who have proven they are at the minimum serviceable NHLers, Jensen is salary filler you would have to take in almost any deal, and any first round pick -- especially the Caps' given how bad they are -- is very valuable.
BruinsWoahWoah and All_Knowing liked this.
Jan. 9 at 5:09 a.m.
There's a difference between putting up points and driving play / a line. Zegras has been consistently horrible at controlling play, even while his main running partners have been very good (Terry) to average (McTavish, Carlsson) at doing so. Even just looking at his boxcars while he's certainly producing at a top 6 winger's rate, its not close to being an elite top 6 winger's rate. It's not uncommon for young players with this profile to stall out a bit: Domi, Drouin, Boeser are some recent examples.

It may not be the type of package ANA would be looking for, but it is definitely not spare parts. Lapierre and Iorio are two high draft picks who have proven they are at the minimum serviceable NHLers, Jensen is salary filler you would have to take in almost any deal, and any first round pick -- especially the Caps' given how bad they are -- is very valuable.

I guess the biggest question I'd have is why would the Ducks do this? Even assuming that the return is fair (a sentiment I question) what's the point? Everyone seems to have this belief that because Drysdale was traded, that must mean Verbeek is on the war-path to ship out the previous guy's picks that gave him a bit of a headache. I see no evidence of that. The point of that trade was to move a strength for a weakness. Trading Zegras in almost any circumstance would undo that.

But let's say this trade comes along anyway, it may not be spare parts but it's close and contextually a pretty bad deal for the Ducks. Chesley could be a decent prospect but to the Ducks he's just a hat on a hat. The whole reason for trading Drysdale is because they already have too many defensive prospects and taking one back for a top-6 forward defeats the purpose of the first trade. Jensen is for the money like you said, but let's not pretend like he's gonna move the needle on this. Lapierre may play games, but is steps down from Zegras at best, which means all you've done is exacerbate a team weakness. And yes 1st round picks are valuable, if they're high enough, and the Caps are only 2 points out of a playoff spot so I'd bet that pick is more likely to be 20-something than in the top 10 which is where the real valueable picks are.
Jan. 9 at 7:47 a.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Exactly. He seems like another Kuz in the making. Ton of skill but he's a second away from being non impactful. I like him but not paying a lot for him.

well you should be happy about it. your finals mvp should have been kuz and was by far the driving force of that cap team.

whole lot? two overrated prospects and a meh D man ... a 1st and a 2nd won't be enough
Jan. 9 at 8:04 a.m.
Big pass. He's a punk. Spoiled little brat that needs to get his ass kicked!
Jan. 9 at 8:09 a.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Nope

y'know, i would love to see your interpretation of a zegras trade.
brady_t12 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: ARIK7700
I guess the biggest question I'd have is why would the Ducks do this? Even assuming that the return is fair (a sentiment I question) what's the point? Everyone seems to have this belief that because Drysdale was traded, that must mean Verbeek is on the war-path to ship out the previous guy's picks that gave him a bit of a headache. I see no evidence of that. The point of that trade was to move a strength for a weakness. Trading Zegras in almost any circumstance would undo that.

But let's say this trade comes along anyway, it may not be spare parts but it's close and contextually a pretty bad deal for the Ducks. Chesley could be a decent prospect but to the Ducks he's just a hat on a hat. The whole reason for trading Drysdale is because they already have too many defensive prospects and taking one back for a top-6 forward defeats the purpose of the first trade. Jensen is for the money like you said, but let's not pretend like he's gonna move the needle on this. Lapierre may play games, but is steps down from Zegras at best, which means all you've done is exacerbate a team weakness. And yes 1st round picks are valuable, if they're high enough, and the Caps are only 2 points out of a playoff spot so I'd bet that pick is more likely to be 20-something than in the top 10 which is where the real valueable picks are.

As an outsider it seems to me like the Ducks have at forward one guy they think can be a truly elite 1c on a contending team (Carlsson), two they think can be one step below that (McTavish and now Gauthier) and one they think can be a really good supporting star (Terry). I would argue based on his history (and the contract ANA gave him this summer!) that Zegras right now looks like he is at best a 2w on a good team that needs to play with other good players to get the best out of him.

Why I would think the Ducks would do something like this is that they realize this, know the market opinion of him is higher than that, and realize that they are still in rebuild mode and want to accumulate assets. As a Caps fan trust me this team is not as good as their record and I think that pick is much more likely to be top 10 than top 20. I totally get the defense point on Chesley (and honestly on my first read thought it was Iorio who I think is a better prospect) but even so this package would be giving up what I would say are their 2nd, 4th, and 6th best future assets. I know that we as fans may have a better grasp on what the true "value" of a pick is compared to a real NHL player, but GMs have not caught up and this is a package that I would expect from previous deals to return a bona-fide top 6 line driver (I would say it's better than what SJ got for Meier) and Zegras just isn't that to me.
brady_t12 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:43 a.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Nope

Really don't think you understand the value of any of the assets the Ducks are receiving here so it's hard to take your one-word response with even a grain of salt.
Jan. 9 at 10:46 a.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro

A first round pick, a RHD who logged quite a bit of minutes and had a leadership role on the gold-medal winning team at the WJC and is logging heavy minutes in the NCAA, a first round pick from 2020 who has looked very good in the NHL this season and was an integral part of the AHL championship team from this past season, and a serviceable top 4 RHD (which the ducks could potentially use since they just moved out a young RHD) are all spare parts. Yep. Sounds like a fair valuation of the pieces coming back.
Jan. 9 at 10:47 a.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro

7 points in 19 games. That's not driving a top 6 line this year. He did have much better numbers the past two years, but let's not act like he's a number one center or anything. Because he isn't.
Jan. 9 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: brady_t12
A first round pick, a RHD who logged quite a bit of minutes and had a leadership role on the gold-medal winning team at the WJC and is logging heavy minutes in the NCAA, a first round pick from 2020 who has looked very good in the NHL this season and was an integral part of the AHL championship team from this past season, and a serviceable top 4 RHD (which the ducks could potentially use since they just moved out a young RHD) are all spare parts.

Yes, correct.

You're asking for a legitimate first line winger (for comparison, he's only a year older than Lapierre and already has two 60+ point seasons under his belt on a horrific Ducks team, Lapierre is on pace for almost 20 points). What you're offering is a bunch of lesser pieces that play down the lineup, if they even stick as good NHL players, and a mid 1st. It's a collection of parts that you can afford to spare for a cornerstone piece you're looking to acquire. Aka, spare parts.

When people say quantity vs. quality, this is what they're talking about. You can't make up for quality by just adding a bunch of quantity. One of the surefire ways to know your deal stinks off the bat is that you're offering FIVE pieces for just one.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Jan. 9 at 11:04 a.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Yes, correct.

You're asking for a legitimate first line winger (for comparison, he's only a year older than Lapierre and already has two 60+ point seasons under his belt on a horrific Ducks team, Lapierre is on pace for almost 20 points). What you're offering is a bunch of lesser pieces that play down the lineup, if they even stick as good NHL players, and a mid 1st. It's a collection of parts that you can afford to spare for a cornerstone piece you're looking to acquire. Aka, spare parts.

When people say quantity vs. quality, this is what they're talking about. You can't make up for quality by just adding a bunch of quantity. One of the surefire ways to know your deal stinks off the bat is that you're offering FIVE pieces for just one.

It's funny that just because there's five pieces being offered for one, that means that none of the pieces are quality. You don't know anything about any of the pieces coming back other than the numbers you just read off on another website lol.
Jan. 9 at 11:40 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Jan. 9 at 11:48 a.m.
Really don't think you understand the value of any of the assets the Ducks are receiving here so it's hard to take your one-word response with even a grain of salt.

Quoting: Nolan_Gooch
y'know, i would love to see your interpretation of a zegras trade.

Go read what @Caerii posted, he summed it up well.

IF we are trading Zegras, it's for high end youth, not a collection of bits that maybe aggregates out to a Zegras over the next 10 years. We have equal or better prospects to those offered, so that's not a need. We don't want Jensen, and the picks aren't early enough to realistically find a Zegras replacement.

We didn't sell Drysdale, we bought Gauthier, Verbeek got his man. We trade Zegras and we have another hole in our top 6 wing that needs to be filled, and we're getting back Jensen and pieces that would get buried in our depth charts. Only way we make a trade with him is if it's like the Drysdale Gauthier trade, elite young talent.

I don't understand the pieces offered? I don't think you understand how insignificant those pieces are when you account for where they stack up against the Ducks prospects. Washington has the 20th ranked prospect system in the league, Ducks are top 3.

If you want Zegras, start with Ryan Leonard, then add.
Jan. 9 at 11:51 a.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Go read what Caerii posted, he summed it up well.

IF we are trading Zegras, it's for high end youth, not a collection of bits that maybe aggregates out to a Zegras over the next 10 years. We have equal or better prospects to those offered, so that's not a need. We don't want Jensen, and the picks aren't early enough to realistically find a Zegras replacement.

We didn't sell Drysdale, we bought Gauthier, Verbeek got his man. We trade Zegras and we have another hole in our top 6 wing that needs to be filled, and we're getting back Jensen and pieces that would get buried in our depth charts. Only way we make a trade with him is if it's like the Drysdale Gauthier trade, elite young talent.

I don't understand the pieces offered? I don't think you understand how insignificant those pieces are when you account for where they stack up against the Ducks prospects. Washington has the 20th ranked prospect system in the league, Ducks are top 3.

If you want Zegras, start with Ryan Leonard, then add.

LMAO you had some points until you said Leonard plus for Zegras. That's delusional.
Jan. 9 at 11:55 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
LMAO you had some points until you said Leonard plus for Zegras. That's delusional.

The only delusional belief here is that you could acquire Zegras for a box of bits that you wouldn't miss. If you want to acquire him, it'll cost you a piece that hurts to loose, and that's Leonard.
Jan. 9 at 1:41 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
The only delusional belief here is that you could acquire Zegras for a box of bits that you wouldn't miss. If you want to acquire him, it'll cost you a piece that hurts to loose, and that's Leonard.

ok sure
Jan. 10 at 7:43 a.m.

alright, ima try a zegras trade without leonard and you'll have to rate it 1-10. Be on the look out

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll